剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
你们也已获得相当多的好处
And there is much here for you to celebrate.
或许吧
That may be.
但我们不会为自己被滥用的特权付出代价
But we will not pay for the privilege of our own abuse.
博士 我们已尽力满足你们了
We're very close, Doctor.
恐怕还不够
Not, I fear, close enough.
我们休息一下 好吗
May I propose a recess?
你没说会在这一点上持如此强硬态度
You did not say you would be intractable on this point.
你并没问我
You did not ask.
我宁可在此事让步以换取进一步的妥协
I would rather yield in exchange for further concessions.
这会是将权宜之计置于原则之上
That is placing expediency over principle.
在这方面 你通常不被认为是个固执的人
You are not generally deemed a stickler in that regard.
先生 你对我或我的原则有多了解
What do you know of me, sir, or my principles?
我只知道现在不是 把个人和国家混为一谈的时候
I know this is no time to confuse person with country.
这话什么意思
Meaning what?
你和你儿子的争执是你自己的事
Your dispute with your son is your own affair.
杰伊先生
Mr. Jay.
- 你认为我想用条约来惩罚他 - 我认为你的判断力受到影响
- You think I seek to punish him by treaty? - I think your judgment clouded.
我一直认为决斗是荒谬的 但你让我重新考虑这么做
I always thought dueling absurd, but you are causing me to reconsider.
- 你连站起来都有问题 - 我会努力的
- You cannot even stand. - I will make the effort!
两位
Gentlemen!
我想提些建议
I'd like to suggest some language.
能请你再说一遍吗
Might I ask you to say that again?
“国会将建议...”
"That Congress will recommend"--
- 认真建议 -“认真建议
- Earnestly recommend. -"Earnestly recommend
美国承认所有被没收财产的
to the States that they recognize the loyalist owners
忠诚所有者 并提供赔偿”
of all confiscated properties and provide restitution."
若有可能
If possible.
这是毫无用处的一句话
That is a collection of words without input.
能让我们单独谈谈吗
Would you give us a moment, please?
他们并没权力强迫美国做任何事
They've no power to compel the States to do anything.
团结他们国家的是好斗心和对税收的厌恶
All that holds their country together is truculence and a dislike of taxes.
我知道他们的联盟
I'm aware of their confederation.
那你就该明白让步是毫无意义的
Then you understand that concession is meaningless.
不 让步意味着挫败法国人 这就是我们来这里的目的
No, it means we thwart the French. And that's what we're here for.
- 至少保住佛罗里达 - 那地方正在移交给西班牙
- At least we keep Florida. - That's being handed off to Spain.
让我们赶快了结此事吧
Let's get this over with.
浑蛋
Bugger.
富兰克林博士、亚当斯先生、杰伊先生
Dr. Franklin, Mr. Adams, Mr. Jay.
关于你们提出的赔偿建议 我们考虑了 并且接受
We have considered your proposal regarding reparations, and we accept.
感谢你们对此事的理解
And we thank you for this understanding.
既然我们在其他问题上意见一致
Since we are in accord on other matters,
是否可以说 我们五个人 在这一刻已达成了和平协议
may we say that we five, as of this hour, have reached a peace?
确实可以
We may indeed.
那么 先生们
Then, gentlemen...
这就是你们的美国
here is your America.
博士 要再来一杯吗
Will you take another, Doctor?
应该会要
I expect I will.
你不是一杯都不能喝吗
I thought you were meant to have none at all.
如果我不能为美国干杯
If I cannot raise a glass to the United States,
你还不如现在就把我埋了
you might as well bury me now.
为国会没把我们关进监狱而干杯
To Congress not tossing us in jail.
谁会告诉他们我们无视了他们的指示
Who will tell them we ignored their instructions?
我记得你好像很想这么做
I seem to recall that you were keen to do so.
我会很高兴地通知他们
I will inform them, and happily too.
违反这样一个臭名昭著的命令是一种荣耀
It is a glory to have broken such an infamous order.
难道要为了取悦法国国王而玷污自己吗
Were we to defile ourselves for the pleasure of a French king?
请写那封信 亚当斯先生 无须过于客气和礼貌 拜托了
Write that letter, Mr. Adams, and do not spare your tongue, I beg you.
好吧 先生 你说话 总是带有一种无趣而挑衅的语气
All right, you have a dry, undermining way about you, sir.
这次就不跟你计较了
I will let it pass this once.
至少喝口酒吧
Take a sip at least.
是什么酒
What have you got there?
相当好喝的加度葡萄酒
It's a nice little port.
我较喜欢干红葡萄酒
I would prefer some claret.
那就倒点干红葡萄酒吧 杰伊先生
Well, then claret it will be. Mr. Jay.
倒满它吧
You might as well fill it.
来干一杯
Shall we have a toast?
你来说吧
The floor is yours.
为德行、诚实、人♥民♥教育
To virtue, honesty, education of the people
以及法治干杯
and the rule of law.
少了法治 将成不了国家
We can have no country without them.
也不配为国
Nor be worthy of one.
- 阿门 先生 - 赞同
- Amen, sir. - Hear, hear.
富兰克林博士 我今天对你很刻薄 望你见谅
Dr. Franklin, I was sharp with you today and beg your forgiveness.
我并不介意
I can simply grant it.
但我还是得问一下
And yet I must ask,
你打算在不征求凡尔赛宫的意见下
do you mean to sign this,
签署这份协议
without the further advice of Versailles?
至少得告诉韦尔热讷
Well, Vergennes must be told at least.
这事就交给你去办了
That would fall to you.
我在宫廷里确实有个人
Well, I do have a man at court.
别告诉我是勒诺瓦
Don't tell me. Lenoir.
不 是别人
No. Someone else.
谁
Who?
不晓得 来自凡尔赛宫
I don't know. From Versailles.
我正在吃早饭
I'm having breakfast.
他说有要紧事
He says it's urgent.
是谁让这些人进来的 我都还没更衣
Who even lets these people in here? I'm not dressed.
什么事如此重要
What is so damned important--
首席部长
First Minister.
- 你找我什么事 - 我有东西要给你
- What are you doing here? - I have something for you.
你是否有看到一个宫廷里的人
Did you happen to see a man from court?
- 是我 - 你说什么
- Me. - What?
我就是那个宫廷里的人
I'm the man from court.
我不理解这是什么情况
I don't understand what's happening.
我是阿图瓦伯爵的侍童
I attend le comte d'Artois.
- 什么时候的事 - 不久前
- Since when? - Fairly recently.
是他派你来的
And he sent you?
不 是我祖父
No, my grandfather.
- 他派你祖父 - 是我祖父派我
- He sent your grandfather? - My grandfather sent me.
你祖父是怎么认识阿图瓦的
How does your grandfather know Artois?
- 他不认识 - 那为何...
- He doesn't. - Then why is--
他要我尽快将这份文件交到你手上
He wanted you to have a copy of this as soon as possible.
这是什么
What is it?
祖父希望让你知道
Grandfather wishes you to know
他认为美国和法兰西之间的 友好关系不会减弱
that he regards the amity between America and France to be undiminished
并希望你也会有同样的感觉
and hopes that you will feel the same way.
该死的
Son of a bitch.
伯爵先生
Monsieur le Comte?
Monsieur le Comte!
我从伦敦回来了
I'm back from London!
首席部长
First Minister!
我会见了谢尔本勋爵的副手
I met directly with Lord Shelburne's second.
他们愿意和我们单独谈判
They're willing to negotiate with us separately.
他说得很清楚...
He made it expressly clear that--
这是...
What is--
但...
But--
什么...
Is this--
富兰克林当时坐在那里承诺...
Franklin sat there and promised--
他承诺...
He promised to--
他耍了我们
He fucked us.
停...
Whoa! Whoa, whoa.
富兰克林博士、亚当斯先生 请原谅我迟到了
Dr. Franklin, Mr. Adams. Excuse my tardiness.
他们在楼上准备好了
They're ready upstairs.
- 你的人今天去哪了 - 谁
- Where's your man today? - Who?
伯努瓦
Benoit.
他跑掉了
He has run off.
我告诉他我会让他获得自♥由♥ 但那该死的黑人就是等不了
I told him I would free him, but the damned Cuffy just couldn't wait.
你们谁先来
Which of you will go first?
富兰克林博士先
Dr. Franklin will.
自♥由♥、主♥权♥
Free, sovereign...
以及独♥立♥
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表