剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
我很感激你为我们的外交重新注入力量
I'm thankful you've come to bring some force back to our diplomacy.
很高兴听你这么说 班克罗夫特先生 真的很高兴
I'm glad to hear it, Mr. Bancroft. Very glad indeed.
是这样的
You see.
当然 我们对富兰克林博士的 尊敬一如既往地高
And, of course, our regard for Dr. Franklin remains undimmed.
在我看来 是时候让法国宫廷承担责任了
In my opinion, it's high time someone took the French court to task.
一直以来 我都在敦促 采取更严厉的举措 同时...
Now, I have been urging for sterner measures for some time and it--
班克罗夫特先生 只要有我在 就不会让凡尔赛宫闲着
While I'm here, Mr. Bancroft, Versailles will have no rest.
感谢上帝
Thank providence for that.
再来点茶?
More tea?
谢谢
Thank you.
放开我
Leave me be!
在干什么?
What is this?
- 看起来像什么? - 你们要绑♥架♥我?
- What does it look like? - You're kidnapping me?
你们逃不掉的
You'll never get off the grounds.
肯定逃得掉 知道为何吗?
I bet we will. Know why?
你得告诉看门人我们是认识的
You're going to tell the gatekeeper you know us.
除非杀了我
You'll have to kill me first!
吓
Boo!
你们这些混♥蛋♥ 你们...
You sons of bitches! You--
他比我们想象中要勇敢
He's braver than we thought!
“除非杀了我”
"You'll have to kill me first!"
你们这些白♥痴♥就没别的事可做吗?
Don't you idiots have anything better to do?
也许没有 也许有
Maybe no. Maybe yes.
喝吧 阿喀琉斯
Drink up, Achilles.
你需要它
You're going to need it.
马车夫 开车
Coachman, get going!
- 你要娶她? - 是我祖父的意思
- Are you going to marry her? - That's what grandfather wants.
是的 但问题是“你是怎么想的”
Yes. But, "what do you want," is the question.
她很讨人喜欢
She's very pleasant.
我喜欢她的逗弄
I like it when she teases me
- 而且...我想?她的家境... - 富裕?
- and-- I think? And her family is-- - Rich?
- 不是很富裕 - 足够富裕
- Not that rich. - Rich enough.
但小阿喀琉斯...
But young Achilles...
看上别人了
Has his eye on someone else.
对吧?
Don't you?
我们要在这里坐一晚上?
Are we going to sit here all night?
把它当作一次很好的演习
Consider it good practice.
演习什么?
For what?
有人来了
Someone's coming.
你要用这个捅我?
Do you mean to stick me with that?
是吉尔贝
Gilbert.
不好意思 请叫我拉斐特将军
General Lafayette, if you don't mind.
当真?
Really?
当然不是
Of course not.
抱一个 我的朋友
Let me embrace you, mon ami.
我现在看起来像美国人了吗?
Do I seem American now?
还不完全
Well, not exactly.
更像是混合了一点新泽西的奥弗涅
More like Auvergne wrapped up in a bit of New Jersey.
- 他侮辱军官 - 我建议当场绞死他
- Insulting an officer. - I say hang him on the spot.
或直接捅他一刀
Or we just stab him.
是的 也行
Yes, that works.
为何要搞得如此神秘?
Why the secrecy?
严格来说 我被软禁了
Technically, I'm under house arrest.
国王不喜欢侯爵们跑去打别人的仗
The king doesn't like his marquises running off to fight someone else's war.
但现在已经是“我们”的战争 是你我的战争
But it's our war now. It's both of our wars.
这就是我们今天要讨论的
And that's what we're here to discuss.
坐下吧 朋友们
Sit down, friends.
让我们来讨论为自♥由♥而战
And let's talk about the fight for freedom.
朴茨茅斯、利物浦 兰开斯特、普利茅斯、科克
Portsmouth, Liverpool, Lancaster, Plymouth, Cork.
每个港口都派出一个舰队去攻击
A squadron of ships to strike every port.
迫使英军保卫海岸
Force the British to defend the coast,
那他们派往美洲的士兵和船只就会减少
and they have fewer men and ships to send to America.
先生们 你们认为呢?
What say you, gentlemen?
那这支海军舰队的费用将由谁支付?
And how will this flotilla be paid for exactly?
我们要求各城镇进贡
We demand tribute from the towns.
这是很大胆的想法
Well, that's bold.
如果城镇拒绝支付这笔保护费呢?
And if the towns refuse to pay for this protection?
我们就把他们烧成灰烬
We burn them to the ground.
他说什么?
What was that?
他...
He--
朋友 给我说说其中道理
My friend, some words of reason here.
光是洗劫利物浦就值两百万英镑
The sack of Liverpool alone would be worth two million pounds sterling.
兰开斯特值二十五万 科克值五十万
Say, a quarter for Lancaster, half a million for Cork.
别告诉我你赞成这愚蠢的计划吧?
You don't mean to say you approve of this imbecilic scheme?
亚当斯先生 怎么了? 你觉得这还不够有男子气概吗?
What's the matter, Mr. Adams? Is this not virile enough for you?
这绝对荒谬 是不可能实行的
That's absolutely preposterous. It's impossible.
不可能的计划往往能取得成功 因为没人能预料到
Impossible schemes often succeed because no one expects them.
那这场冒险需要动用多少士兵?
And how many men would this escapade require?
不超过两千名法国士兵
No more than 2,000 French soldiers.
不...太少了 侯爵
No, no, no. Too few, Marquis.
派出四五千名吧 把破坏搞大些
Take four or five thousand. Do some real damage.
派一支骑兵分队 从海岸袭击来造成恐慌 如何?
What about a detachment of cavalry to spread terror from the coast?
好主意 力挫他们的士气 把英国搞到人心惶惶
An excellent notion. Crush their spirit! Let fear stalk the land.
是的 但...煽动恐怖行为 不是会延长双方的痛苦吗?
Yes, but-- Wouldn't inciting terror just prolong the suffering on both sides?
让英格兰尝尝
Giving England a taste of the medicine
他们一直让我们咽下的苦果 这才是正确的反击
that they've been stuffing down our throats. That would be a right tonic.
那又由谁来领导这一帮人进行掠夺?
And who will lead this horde in its depredations?
先生 除了我还有谁?我和我的同伴们
Who else, monsieur? Myself. With my companions by my side.
“儿童十字军” 多么了不起的主意啊
A children's crusade. What a capital notion.
还有一群大象与汉尼拔匹敌 迈着沉重步子穿过兰开夏
And a herd of elephants to rival Hannibal, stomping their way across Lancashire.
嚎啕大哭的俘虏们被赶在他们前面 浑身沾满了鲜血
Their wailing captives driven before them, bedecked in blood.
普利茅斯必须被摧毁
Plymouth delenda est.
这是个令人难过的话题 不适合开玩笑
This is a sorry topic for jest.
这是个很严肃的计划
This plan is quite serious.
我们要扬帆起航 让英格兰屈服
We mean to set sail and bring England to its knees.
“我们”?
"We"?
是的 吉尔贝、塞居尔、诺瓦耶 还有我
Yes. Gilbert, Ségur, Noailles and me.
先生们 能让我们单独谈谈吗?
Gentlemen, would you leave us, please?
这就是杂种抚养杂种的下场
This is what happens when a bastard begets a bastard.
你知道我带你来法国的目的吗?
Do you know why I brought you here?
看到我成功...
To see me successfully--
是当我死的时候 能有个孩子在我身边
To have a child nearby to close my eyes when I die.
我才19岁
I'm 19.
足够大了
That's close enough.
那我就在这里等好吗?直到你遭遇厄运
Shall I just wait here then? Until some fatality overcomes you.
那我该怎么跟你父亲说?
And what do I tell your father?
告诉他我把你从他身边夺走 却让你沉入爱尔兰海底?
That I took you from him only to leave you at the bottom of the Irish Sea?
那你就得跟他谈谈
Then you would have to talk to him.
死者无荣耀 孩子
No glory in the grave, boy.
“我们以彼此的生命 财产和神圣的荣誉起誓”
"We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."
是的 杰斐逊先生喜欢使用华丽辞藻
Yes, Mr. Jefferson enjoys his rhetorical flourishes,
但我们都签了名
but we all signed our names.
吃了顿像样的晚餐 睡在舒适的床上
We ate a decent supper and slept in comfortable beds.
吉尔贝为那些话挨了一枪
Gilbert took a bullet for those words.
几个世纪以来 侯爵家族一直以战争为业
The marquis's house has made a business of war for centuries.
我们则是铁匠和制♥造♥蜡烛的
We have been blacksmiths and candlemakers
最近又在印刷业做得不错
and lately have done respectably well in the printing trade.
让我们各自追求自己家族的使命 而不是去追求我们天性之外的东西
Let us each pursue our family's calling and not seek what is not in our nature.
你希望我成为懦夫
You wish me to be a coward.
坦普尔 我是希望你活着 并在我身边
I wish you to be alive, Temple. And at my side.
那对我们的事业将更有帮助 远胜于这些...疯癫又混杂的事
That would do more good for our cause than this lunatic farrago.
你并不知道全情
You do not know all there is to know.
你就知道吗?
But you do?
你不许去 没有商量的余地
You will not go, and there's an end to it.
你明白其中的难处吗?
You understand the difficulty?
我知道这是个敏感问题
I know it to be a delicate matter.
他会愿意和牧师谈谈吗?
Would he accept to talk to a priest?
我一直劝他以开放的心对待一切
I've urged him to be open to all things.
说实话 对我来说 这有什么关系?
To be honest, for me, what does it matter?
最重要是长得好看
It's the appearance that counts.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表