剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
希望如此 但我说的是更持久的安排
One can only hope, but I speak of more lasting arrangements.
怎么个“持久”法?
Lasting how?
我和布里昂先生一直在讨论结盟一事
Monsieur Brillon and I have been discussing an alliance.
怎样的结盟?
Of what kind?
以婚姻来结盟
The marrying kind.
谁和谁结婚?
Who would marry who?
你迎娶库内贡德小姐
You would marry Mademoiselle Cunégonde.
她受过良好的教育 长得漂亮 而且社会地位高
She's educated, pretty and well-situated.
我相信你甚至可能有点喜欢她
And I believe you might even be a little fond of her.
她知道吗?
Does she know?
她不需要知道
It's not her business to know.
那我需要知道吗?
Is it mine?
我们现在正讨论这事 不是吗?
We're talking about it now, aren't we?
不要犯我犯过的错误
Do not make the mistake I did.
得为自己的利益而结婚
When you marry, do so for your advantage.
只有这样才不会后悔
Anything else is a prescription for regret.
如果库内贡德成为了 我的夫人 那我将成为什么?
If Cunégonde is to become my wife, what will I be?
很显然会是个法国人
A Frenchman by all appearances.
而你...
And you, you--
你要把我丢在这里?
You'll just leave me here?
只要你同意这桩亲事
Consent to this union,
我就乐意在法国度过我的余生
and I will gladly spend the rest of my natural days in France.
孩子 我希望在我死之前看到你成家立业
I want to see you settled, boy, before I see nothing at all.
好吧...我...好的
All right-- I-- Yes.
好的
All right.
由你来进行仪式吧
You may do the honors.
我说到哪儿了?
Where was I?
“两个乞丐一起出游”
"Two beggars traveling along"--
“瞎子原告、跛脚被告 一起分享
"Blind plaintiff, lame defendant, share,
友好法律的公正关怀
The friendly law's impartial care,
给他一个贝壳 给你一个贝壳”
A shell for him, a shell for thee,"
“中间的是律师费”
"The middle is the lawyer's fee."
可笑
I say.
看起来多么友好啊
What a great show of friendship.
想知道他们为何没相互厮杀
I wonder that they do not slit each other's throats.
他们为何要这么做?
Why would they do that?
我有可靠消息称
I have it on good authority
他们经常发生最淫乱的纠纷
that they are all routinely engaged in acts of the most wanton strife
并把婚姻关系视为儿戏
and regard the bonds of matrimony as a mere farce.
不可能 真的吗?天啊
No. Really? Good lord.
他拉我去和布里昂一家吃饭
He dragged me to dinner with those Brillons, you know.
我承认吃得相当愉快
Pleasant enough, I admit.
但我当时旁边坐着一位样貌一般的女人
But here is this plain-faced woman beside me at table...
你怎么看?
What do you think?
我没法猜
I cannot guess.
很显然 她是那位丈夫的情人 而他的夫人呢?
She is the amoureuse of the husband, quite openly. And the wife?
是布里昂夫人
Madame Brillon.
她在一位公鸡先生身上找慰藉
She consoles herself with a certain Monsieur le Coq.
- 公鸡先生 - 这当然是别名
- Mr. Rooster. - An alias, of course.
你确定有此事?
Are you sure of this?
是富兰克林告诉我的 他最擅长知道这些事
Franklin told me. It's just the sort of thing he'd know.
确实发人深省
Sobering indeed.
而我们与这样的人结盟
And these are our allies.
我有时确实怀疑他们的忠诚度
I do sometimes doubt their constancy.
已经达成了许多共识了 只是
Much is promised, but...
- 你跟富兰克林说过吗? - 没有 他不会听的
- You've discussed this with Franklin? - No. He won't hear of it.
所以说吧
Well-- There you are.
我俩应该谈谈
You and I should talk.
他们都看过你在舞台上的表演
They've all seen you on stage, you know.
但他们从没邀请我去他们家做客
But they haven't invited me to their houses.
我现在就邀请你
You're invited now.
13道条纹
Thirteen stripes.
我没弄错吧?
Did I get it right?
你让独♥立♥的前景更具魅力了
You make the prospect of independence even more appealing.
瞧你
Listen to you.
越来越像法国人了
Sounding more French every day.
这十分...
That's very--
但我不确定自己是否喜欢这样
But I'm not sure I like that.
我更喜欢你像美国人
I prefer you as an American.
这是你想要的?我是说...
Is that what you want? I mean--
像那样的人...
I mean, is that the kind of person you--
你看看
Look at that.
他带了个非洲人来参加派对
He brought an African to the party.
她是位演员
She's an actress.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
雅克提到了一些关于她的事
Uh, Jacques mentioned something about her.
这就更可耻了
That's even more scandalous.
这些演员用的都是艺名
They use stage names, you know.
以隐藏她们真正的身份
To hide where they really come from.
我们到底做了什么 要受到这样的“惩罚”?
What have we done to deserve this?
这浪子是想我早日进棺材
That profligate means to put me in an early grave.
现在什么也别说
Don't say anything just now.
我要把他赶出门 管他的宾客们
I'll throw him out on his ass, guests be damned.
你不能这么做
You'll do no such thing.
让他天天躲着债主
Then he can hide from his creditors
去向他的娼妓们乞讨 看看他有什么感觉
and cadge from his whores, and see how he likes--
别说了
Stop!
母亲大人
Mother.
父亲大人
Father.
让我给你们介绍意大利歌♥剧演员卡约小姐
May I present Mademoiselle Caillot of the Comédie-Italienne.
你们太仁慈了 让我这个 在夜晚活动的可怜女子
How gracious you are to allow this poor child of shadows
能在宝贵的阳光下度过她的一天
her day in the precious light.
我...
Oh. Well. I--
我们在哥尔多尼的荒诞剧里见过你
We saw you in that Goldoni farce.
你当时的演出太出色了
You were absolutely marvelous!
夫人 今天为何如此闷闷不乐?
Madame. What clouds your sun today?
我看起来不开心?
Do I seem gloomy?
或许
Perhaps
是我误会了
I'm mistaken.
肖蒙家的儿子爱干什么就干什么
The Chaumont boy does as he likes,
根本不在乎别人怎么想
without a care what the world thinks.
他的后果在等着他呢
The world may have the last word with him yet.
但他会反驳的 而这很了不起
But he will have argued with it. And that is something.
你心情很不好
You are in a mood.
我亲爱的爸...
My dear papa...
我们之间会有结果吗?
Can anything come between us?
夫人 我们之间协议好的
Madame, we have our treaty.
我指的不是其他女人
I do not mean these other women.
有什么事能拆散我们心灵上的契合
What can break the bond of our souls?
我想不出任何事
Nothing I can think of.
这算是对我的承诺吗?
Do I have your promise?
你到底想说什么?
What is it that you wish to say?
女士们、先生们 请大家注意
Ladies and gentlemen. Your attention, please.
《自♥由♥的典范》的演出即将开始
The Apotheosis of Liberty is about to begin.
公鸡先生
Mr. Rooster.
- 你说什么? - 你听到了
- What? - You heard me.
“我的朋友们
"This doctrine, my friends,
此教义就是理性和智慧”
is reason and wisdom."
理性和智慧
Reason and wisdom.
“但别过于依赖自己的勤奋”
"But do not depend too much on your own industry."
勤奋
Industry.
“总结一下
"And now to conclude,
经验都是昂贵的哲理...”
experience keeps a dear school..."
但愚人总学不会
But fools will learn no other.
“正如穷理查所说
"As Poor Richard says,
不愿接受劝告的人是得不到帮助的”
they that won't be counseled can't be helped."
但你如果不接受劝告...
But if you will not hear reason--
“必定得受到惩罚”
"Why, she'll surely rap your knuckles."
而这就是富兰克林的智慧
And such is the genius of Franklin.
他从天空中夺取了闪电
He seized the lightning from the sky...
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表