剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
Let's try on the green immediately. It'll work much better.
好的
Yes.
可以把这里剪短些 这样轮廓会更鲜明
We can take some length away there for a more striking silhouette.
因为他个子不是很高
Because he's not very tall.
对 这些可能会很别致
Yes. Those could be interesting.
很好看
That's nice.
这些呢?或许可行
What about these? These could work.
我们这里的人喝的是香槟
Here, we drink champagne.
我们喝香槟
We drink champagne.
还有...
And--
不要过多看他人
Don't look at people too much.
要让他们看我们
We let them look at us.
这边请 拉斐特德侯爵先生
This way, Monsieur le marquis de Lafayette.
让我来问他
I will be the one to ask him.
你是否见过华盛顿将军?
You meet General Washington?
没有 但希望能见他 为何这么问?
No, but I'd like to. Why?
我们...要去...美国
We-- We go to-- to America.
塞居尔、诺瓦耶、拉斐特 我们...出战
Ségur, Noailles, Lafayette. And we-- we fight.
我们为华盛顿而战、为自♥由♥而战
We fight for Washington. We fight for liberty!
- 主要是为了荣耀 - 别忘了荣誉
- And mostly glory. - Don't forget honor.
是的 荣誉 还有...
Yes, honor. And--
为了杀死英国人
To kill British!
他是我的乡下表亲 热血得很
My country cousin. He is very hot-blooded.
他满腔热血
He has very hot blood.
我们讨厌英国人
We hate British.
英国人...杀了我的父亲
British, they-- they kill my father.
吉尔贝 别谈论这种沉重话题
Oh, don't be so morbid, Gilbert.
那么 坦普尔 告诉我 你喜欢巴黎吗?
So, tell me, Temple. Do you like Paris?
但我才来了几周 所以...
But I've only been here a few weeks, so--
这里没什么适合我们的
There is nothing for us here.
有的只是宫廷和那些愚蠢的仪式
Nothing but the court and its stupid rituals.
国王...他... 该怎么说?
The king-- The king, he-- How do you say?
- 他不同意 - 他拒绝出兵去美国打仗
- He say no. - He say no to go to America and fight.
但我...
But I--
我买♥♥了一艘船
I have buy a ship.
吉尔贝 你太大声了 这里的任何人都有可能是间谍
You talk too loud, Gilbert. Anyone here could be a "nose".
嘿 间谍们
Hey, spies!
向我们来自美国的朋友问声好
Say hello to our friend from America!
知识分子都认为你已抛弃了美国
The wags are convinced you've abandoned America
来到了巴黎 想以法国人身份安享晚年
and come to Paris to finish your days as a Frenchman.
揣测伤不了我
Conjectures do me no harm,
所以我从不认为有纠正揣测的必要
so I've never found it necessary to correct them.
如果又是个奉承者 就说我不舒服
If it's another favor-seeker, say that I'm indisposed.
快看看...
Well, well, well.
进来吧 年轻的贵族
Enter, young nobleman.
你上哪...
Where have--
你穿的是什么?
What are you wearing?
这是吉尔贝送我的礼物
It is a gift from Gilbert.
谁是吉尔贝?他又为何赠你衣服?
Well, who is Gilbert and why is he giving you clothes?
他是侯爵或伯爵 我忘了
He is a marquis or a count. I forget.
但他是个好人
But he is a fine fellow.
他一直在说要去美国打仗
And all he talks about is coming to America to fight.
- 他会买♥♥... - 你是否带回了弗金斯先生的回信?
- He's gonna buy this-- - Do you bring Monsieur Vergennes's reply?
也去换件更适合你身份的衣服
And go change into something more suited to your station.
这...是宫廷礼服
Th-This is the dress of court.
我们不是在宫廷 也不是法国人
We're not at court, and we're not Frenchmen.
也许我该戴顶毛皮帽
Maybe I should wear a fur cap.
再这样下去 你就得戴脚镣了
Keep at it, and you'll be wearing leg-irons.
快读信...
The letter. The letter.
弗金斯部长愿意安排见个面
Minister Vergennes welcomes the opportunity for an interview.
是个午夜的约会
A midnight assignation.
什么?
What?
你这混♥蛋♥
You rogue.
(凡尔赛 巴黎)
也许你误解了他的意思
Perhaps you misunderstood.
指示很清楚
The instructions were quite clear.
听着 我上一次这么偷偷摸摸
Look, the last occasion I engaged in such hugger-mugger,
结果是遇上一个扒手和被阴虱子缠身
I wound up with a cutpurse and a vile bout of crabs.
你一定得找个时候好好给我说说
You must tell me about it sometime.
老戴奥基尼斯来了
Here comes old Diogenes.
如果他还在寻找老实人 那他将会失望
If he's still searching for an honest man, he will be disappointed.
富兰克林博士?
Dr. Franklin?
这边请
This way, please.
就你一人
Alone.
我会自娱自乐
I'll keep myself amused.
他一个人来?
Did he come alone?
和一位男士一起来的
He came with a gentleman.
给他倒杯茶 确保他待在马车里
Serve him tea, and make sure he stays in the carriage.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
我相信你给我送来的信不是在开玩笑吧
I trust you did not send this as a jest.
我为何要这么做?
Why would I do such a thing?
提醒法国它已失去的?
To remind France of what it no longer possesses?
法国还需要提醒吗?
Does France need reminding?
富兰克林博士 我很乐意欢迎你
I would welcome you with pleasure, Dr. Franklin,
如果我们当作你真的来了
were you actually to be here.
我则很荣幸能认识你 弗金斯伯爵
And I would be honored to make your acquaintance, Count Vergennes,
如果我们“真见面了”
were we ever to meet.
但既然这次谈话完全属于“幻想”
But since this conversation is wholly imaginary,
那我们是否可以毫无顾忌地讨论任何事?
are we not free to discuss anything we like?
谨慎之人就连自己的幻想也须有所节制
A prudent man should temper even his fantasies.
那我们就尽可能实事求是地谈谈吧
Well, then by all means let us speak realistically.
好的
Very well.
你上次到访我国时
The last time you visited our country,
你是英国王室的忠实臣民
you were a loyal subject of the British Crown,
对英国人的优越深信不疑
quite convinced of English superiority.
经历就是让人从中吸取教训的 不是吗?
What use is experience if a man cannot learn from it?
那你从中学到了什么?
And what have you learned?
比起奴役 我更向往自♥由♥ 比起附庸 我更喜欢公民权
That I prefer freedom to servitude and citizenship to vassalage.
法兰西不是共和国
La France is no republic.
为何我们的国王要偏袒你们国家呢?
Why should our king be preferable to yours?
路易国王陛下可以帮助我们打败英国人
Well, His Majesty, King Louis, can help us defeat the English.
这对我们双方都有利 无论是君主国还是共和国
That will benefit us both. Monarchy and republic.
请允许我?
If I may?
20年前 这一大♥片♥土地曾是新法国的
20 years ago, all this was New France.
在战争中输给了大不列颠
Lost in wars to Great Britain.
生活中没什么比以牙还牙更让人称心了
Nothing in life is quite as satisfying as a humiliation repaid.
这种称心背后的代价是?
And what might be the price of this satisfaction?
一纸同盟条约、一笔两百万里弗尔的贷款
A treaty of alliance, a loan of two million livres,
以及一个心存感激的国家的友谊
and the friendship of a grateful nation.
但美国并不是个国家
But America is not a nation.
不过是一排被困在 海洋和森林边缘之间的小镇
Merely a string of little towns trapped between an ocean and the edge of a forest.
那如果少了我们 英国人又算什么?
And what are the English without us?
岛上的店主?
Shopkeepers on an island?
没有他们 我们会繁荣起来
We'll flourish in their absence,
而失去了对我们商业的垄断 他们则会衰落
and they will wither without their monopoly on our commerce.
选择我们 你们可以进行贸易往来
With us, you can trade.
选择他们 你们只能战斗
With them, you will only fight.
你真认为我会相信你还想不到这结论吗?
Do you really wish me to believe that you haven't concluded this already?
你的儿子
Your son.
你说什么?
Pardon?
坦普尔先生的父亲
Monsieur Temple's father.
他被关在美国的监狱里 对吧?
He is in an American prison, is he not?
既然你已知道 为何还要问我?
If you know his fate, then why do you ask me?
罪名是效忠于英格兰国王
Guilty of loyalty to the English king.
背叛你们的国会
A traitor to your Congress.
你会签请♥愿♥书把他送上绞刑台吗?
Will you petition to see him hanged?
先生 你说这话是想伤害我吗?
Do you say this to wound me, sir?
富兰克林博士 你究竟效忠于谁?
What is your true allegiance, Dr. Franklin?
我怎么知道这份“效忠” 不会随着经历而再次改变呢?
How do I know it will not change yet again with experience?
我今晚不是以某人父亲的身份而来
I come here tonight not as anyone's father,
而是作为美国的代表
but as a representative of the United States.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表