剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
I like it.
(海关大楼 巴黎往帕西通道)
停...
Whoa, whoa!
有什么要申报的吗?
Anything to declare?
自己看吧
See for yourself.
- 你们要去哪里? - 帕西
- Where are you headed? - Passy.
一起?
Together?
放肆
How dare you.
我觉得值得冒这个险
I think it's worth the risk.
你确实觉得
You do.
吉尔贝将自己支付一切费用
Gilbert is paying for everything himself.
他的效力对美国来说没任何损失
His service costs America nothing.
毫无疑问 国会将欣赏他所承担的代价
A price that Congress will no doubt appreciate.
将军
Check.
你朋友看重的是荣耀 就像所有的年轻人一样
Glory is what your friend prizes, as do all young men.
荣耀和认可
Glory and recognition.
这有什么不对?
What's wrong with that?
假设他在战役中获得了荣耀
Say he finds glory in battle.
他将成为两国人♥民♥心中的英雄 不是吗?
He'll be a hero in both countries, wouldn't he?
他会成为有号♥召力的人 能拉近美国和法国之间的关系
He'd be someone to rally around. Bring America and France closer together.
你越来越擅长这个“游戏”了
You're getting better at this game.
谁?
Yes?
博士 请原谅我的打扰
Forgive the intrusion, Doctor.
巴黎那里刚捎来一条紧急消息
An urgent message has just arrived from Paris.
- 我们祖孙之间没有秘密 - 那好吧
- My grandson and I have no secrets. - Very well.
诺斯勋爵的私人秘书 想要与你进行一次秘密会面
Lord North's private secretary seeks a confidential interview.
他声称带着和平提案而来
He claims to be carrying peace proposals.
署名人是威廉姆斯先生
Mr. Williams, as he signs himself,
建议在一个中立地点会面
suggests meeting on neutral ground.
这是让我们对法国的 希望破碎的绝佳方法
An excellent way to dash our hopes with the French.
- 你怎么说? - 无论在哪里 我都会去见他
- What do you propose? - I'll meet him everywhere.
那位英国人将会在帕西屏障附近的 马车里等待富兰克林博士
The Englishman will await Dr. Franklin in his coach near the Passy barrier.
如果富兰克林博士更愿意的话
Should Dr. Franklin prefer, he has also suggested
他还建议在卢森堡宫的画廊 或者布洛涅林苑见面
the gallery at the Luxembourg Palace, or the Bois de Boulogne.
所有的地点都得安置线人
I want observers in each place.
两人一组
Two-man teams.
一个人盯着富兰克林
One man watches Franklin.
其他人分散开来
The other covers the surroundings.
不要干涉他们的会面 但别让他离开了视线
Do not intervene, but don't let him out of your sight.
我要知道这位威廉姆斯先生的身份 他们见面的时间有多长
I want to know who this Mr. Williams is, how long they met for
如果可能的话 他们的谈话内容
and, if possible, what they talked about.
我听说这对凡尔赛宫来说是个重要信息
I'm told it might be of some importance to Versailles.
要我陪你去吗?
Do you wish me to accompany you?
我从没见过三个人同时下同一盘棋的
I've never seen three men play the same game of chess at once.
得确定来者的目的
Just be sure that is what's being played.
什么意思?
Meaning what?
简单地说 就是当心点
Simply that you be careful.
你的疑心病很重
You have a very dark turn of mind.
被你发现了
I stand revealed.
先生 小人是巴塞洛缪威廉姆斯
Sir. Your humble servant, Bartholomew Williams.
请别介意我不鞠躬回礼 威廉姆斯先生
Forgive me if I don't return the bow, Mr. Williams.
我的膝盖再也没法做这事
My knees no longer oblige.
别放在心上 我带来了 诺斯勋爵的友善问候
Think nothing of it. I bring greetings of fellowship from Lord North.
是吗?
Do you?
看来你我对这个概念的理解肯定不一样
You must have a different understanding of the notion than I.
为何这么说?
How so?
我一般不会说反话
Well, I make it a point not to use words that mean their opposite.
首相是真心希望这场灾难得以结束
The prime minister is sincere in his desire to see an end to this misadventure.
那英王陛下打算什么时候投降?
When may we expect the Crown's surrender?
博士 你离家太远了
Well, Doctor, you are far from home.
也许还没来得及接到消息
Perhaps the news has reached you late.
自从你来到这里 英王陛下 已经成功收回三个殖民地了
Since your arrival here, three colonies have been reclaimed by His Majesty.
我们的军队从挫败中吸取了教训 并渴望进行一场夏季战役
Our army has learned from its setbacks and eager to prosecute a summer campaign.
我相信我们有的是决心
I believe our determination will not be lacking.
这不过是你忽悠法国 “主顾”的激动人心故事
That's a stirring tale to romance your French patrons with.
但你如果认为世界上最强大的军队
But it is ludicrous to think that the greatest army in the world
会输给由新罕布♥什♥尔州律师所统领的士兵
could be outmaneuvered by soldiers under the command of a New Hampshire attorney,
或是罗德岛州铁匠所领导的营队
or a battalion led by a Rhode Island blacksmith,
又或是由波士顿书商 所指挥的大炮 那就太可笑了
or artillery directed by a Boston bookseller.
更别提我这无能的费城印刷工了
Not to mention the incompetency of a Philadelphia printer.
法国不是你们的盟友
France is not your ally.
韦尔热讷先生无视你的存在
Mr. Vergennes pretends you do not exist.
加入美国对路易国王也没任何好处
And Louis has nothing to gain from joining with America.
他更希望看到我们自相残杀
Better for him that we cut each other's throats.
这点你的主人乔治国王最清楚不过了
Something your master, King George, knows a great deal about.
我很难过你会这么认为
I'm distressed you would view that personally.
先生 那我该怎么认为呢?
Well, how should I view it, sir?
把它看作一个简单的方程
As a simple equation.
你们会被时间、人力和金钱打败
Time and men and money will defeat you,
这也可能会让我们付出巨大代价
and it may cost us a great deal.
但你们的损失将会更大
But it will cost you more.
如果代价是我们的生命 我们愿意付出
If the price is our lives, we'll pay it.
在法国一个阳光明媚的 日子里说这话并不难
Easy words on a sunny day in France.
但现实更为残酷
The reality is harsher.
威廉姆斯先生 我有种奇怪的担忧 感觉你在威胁我
Mr. Williams, I have the oddest apprehension that you're threatening me.
富兰克林博士 我是在给你提供一个选择
I'm making you an offer, Dr. Franklin.
因为你追求独♥立♥
'Cause you seek independence.
这我们能给你
You may have it.
我们又回到了“对词汇理解的差异”上
Now we're back to words with different meanings.
在美国服从议会这方面
America would be subject to Parliament
将只限于政策和对外贸易问题上
only in matters of policy and foreign trade.
所有通过的限制性法案都将被废除
All restrictive acts passed would be repealed,
你们可以就人♥权♥问题自行辩论
and you may debate the rights of man amongst yourselves
将不会受到干涉
for as much as you wish.
不用说 任何帮助维系这份和平的人
Goes without saying, anyone who helped secure such a peace
都会得到充分的回报
would find himself amply rewarded.
爵士头衔 甚至可能是贵族爵位
A knighthood, possibly even a peerage.
这足以保证一个家族未来五个世纪的财富
It's enough to secure a family's fortune for the next 500 years.
在这场叛乱被遗忘 谋反者化为尘土的许久以后
Long after this rebellion is forgotten and its conspirators turned to dust.
先生 请相信你的智慧
Trust in your wisdom, sir.
那我来告诉你我的智慧是怎么跟我说的
Well, then I'll tell you what my wisdom instructs.
你们觉得自己会输
You think you're going to lose.
你们害怕你们的军队会被击溃
You fear that your army will be shattered,
你们的国王会被羞辱 你们的国家会破产
your king will be humiliated and your nation bankrupted.
而威廉姆斯先生 我相信 你们的想法是正确的
And, you know, Mr. Williams, I believe you're right.
你最终还是可以依靠旧业为生
There's always your old profession to fall back on.
日安 富兰克林博士
Good day, Dr. Franklin.
日安 威廉姆斯先生
Good day, Mr. Williams.
你们的表现太好了
How splendid you all were.
非常棒的演出
What a performance!
那我们的钱呢?
So what about our money?
快了
Soon.
真是匹漂亮的马
Well, that's a fine-looking horse.
雅克说我可以随时骑它
Jacques said I could ride him whenever I liked.
只要我照顾它
As long as I take care of him.
你最好离那年轻人远点
You might want to stay clear of that young man.
你是来告诉我这个的吗?
Is that what you came to tell me?
这是给你那位侯爵朋友的
For your friend, the marquis.
虽然我对他也心存疑虑
Though I have doubts about him too.
朋友
My friend.
我们其实可以约在Épée见面 不是吗?
Couldn't we have just met at the Épée?
不行 会被别人看见 他们会在宫廷上谈论的
No. Everyone sees us there, they talk at court,
宫廷的人会告诉国王 那他就会阻止我去美国
the court tells the king, and he stops me from go to America.
你凭什么觉得自己会去美国?
What makes you think you're going to America?
因为你...
Because you--
是你说我...
You said I--
不能去了?不
I am not going? No.
告诉富兰克林博士 我会用英国人的血来报答他
Tell Dr. Franklin I will repay this favor in English blood.
自己可千万别流太多血
Don't shed too much of your own.
我们后会有期
We'll see each other again.
我们胜利时见
In victory.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表