剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
She is... meeting a lover.
就这么简单?
That simple?
一点都不简单
It is never simple.
她是有夫之妇
Oh, she's married.
不用说
Of course.
但这不是问题所在
But that is not the concern.
她害怕自己所寻觅的事物并不存在
She seeks something she fears does not exist.
- 是什么? - 心灵伴侣
- What is it? - A meeting of souls.
无需开口却心意相通
When nothing is said, but all is understood.
这样两个人就能和谐相处
So that two may be in harmony,
相互坦诚 过上幸福完美的日子
hiding nothing of themselves, and so live in perfect bliss.
听起来很纯洁
It sounds very chaste.
一点都不
Not at all.
是一种心灵无法承受的激♥情♥
It is a passion greater than a heart can bear.
那她的情人呢?
And her lover?
他是个什么样的人?
What sort is he?
一个多面的人
A man of many parts.
外表普通
Plain on the face of it.
但心机颇重
But always scheming at something.
相当狡猾的家伙 嗯?
Rather a slippery fellow, hmm?
- 这就是他有趣的地方 - 我更喜欢我的鱼贩
- That is what makes him interesting. - I prefer my fishmonger.
那你就要了他吧
Then you may have him.
夫人 我举步艰难
I am floundering, madame.
我不明白
I don't understand.
身陷困境 思绪混乱 迷茫
Mired. Muddied. Lost.
为何会这样?
But why?
我看不到前方的路
I cannot see the way forward.
不知道自己能相信谁
I don't know who I can trust.
我来这里是为了帮我的 国家赢得自♥由♥ 但没人愿意帮忙
I'm here to help my country win its freedom, but all doors are shut.
而时间不多了
And time is running out.
我甚至都不被允许踏入巴黎
I am not even allowed to set foot in Paris.
还可能会被这痛风拖垮
And this gout is gonna be the death of me.
非常抱歉
I am very sorry.
这些都是我的烦恼 与你无关
These are my burdens. Not yours.
没有什么比解决别人的烦恼更容易了
Nothing is easier than solving someone else's problem.
那你有什么解决方案?
And what is your solution?
对于贵国的自♥由♥问题 我帮不上忙
For your country's freedom, I have no answer.
至于“你可以信任的人”...
For whom you may trust...
你能相信我
you may trust me.
回到巴黎这事 谁能拦得了你
For your return to the city, who would stop you?
我听说你小有名气
You are a little famous, I am told.
没德翁骑士那么出名
Not as famous as the chevalier d'Éon.
法国的时尚瞬息万变 你不能任他们摆布
Fashions change often in France. You must not let them.
- 至于痛风 把酒戒了 - 不
- And for the gout, no wine. - No.
还有女色
And no women.
你是个比班克罗夫特先生更严格的医生
You are a stricter physician than even Mr. Bancroft.
总有一天你会为此感谢我的
One day you will thank me for this.
我现在就向你道谢
I will thank you now.
亲爱的朋友
Dear friend,
敢问这个“心机颇重之人”
I ask if this "scheming man"
是否有机会...
might have the opportunity...
- 富兰克林博士 - 能...
- Dr. Franklin. - ...to--
为何偏偏来这里
Of all the places...
- 富兰克林博士 - 是谁?
- Dr. Franklin. - Who's...
欧特伊区的洗衣妇
The Washerwoman of Auteuil.
你怎么没来拜访我?
Why haven't you paid a call yet?
很高兴我们终于见面了
What a delight that we meet at last.
这位是我的邻居 布里昂夫人
May I present my neighbor, Madame Brillon?
我认识这位爱尔维修寡妇
I am familiar with the widow Helvétius.
但她希望自己不是
But she wishes she wasn't!
我的房♥子就在附近
My house is only down the hill
就在肖蒙先生 称之为庄园的那堆岩石的山下
from that pile of rocks Monsieur Chaumont calls an estate.
你没借口不来
You have no excuse.
我以公务为辞 夫人
I plead the duties of office, madame.
随你怎么说 但我会 邀请你参加我的下一次沙龙
Plead what you wish, but expect an invitation to my next salon.
带上一位宾客
Bring along a guest.
一位男宾客 我不太喜欢女人
A male guest. I don't much like ladies.
说的尽是些粗俗八卦 你说是吗?
Nothing but vulgar gossips, don't you agree?
我...
I--
他们都说我的举止像个洗衣妇
They say I have the manners of a washerwoman.
- 不 - 是的
- No. - Yes.
夫人 如果巴黎的洗衣妇有你这般气质
Madame, if the washerwomen of Paris have the same manners as yourself,
那她们就都有女王的风范了
then they have the manners of a queen.
你是个好色的老骗子 对吧?
You're a randy old liar, aren't you?
我喜欢 再见了
I like that. Farewell.
再见 夫人
And you, madame.
别忘了你的痛风
Remember your gout.
我是在天堂吗?
Am I in heaven?
什么?
What?
这里...是天堂?
Is-- Is this Heaven?
是宾夕法尼亚
It's Pennsylvania.
更加好
Even better.
他没死
He's alive!
他没死?
He's alive?
他们让他当了将军 他还活着
They made him a general! He's alive!
还活着 还当上将军
Alive, and a general!
他死了更好 现在他将更让人难以忍♥受了
Better he was dead. Now he'll be intolerable!
他还活着
He's alive!
吉尔贝还活着
Gilbert is alive!
他没死
He's alive!
吉尔贝
Gilbert!
“亲爱的心肝 我给你写几行字”
"I send you a few lines here, dear heart."
- 这信是给他妻子写的 不是我 - 谢谢澄清
- He was writing to his wife, not me. - Thank you for the clarification.
“我必须告诉你 我们认真战斗过 但却输了
"I must tell you that we fought in earnest, but were not the victors.
英国人给我的腿‘赏’了一颗火枪弹
The English honored me with a musket ball in the leg,
但伤口没大碍 希望你不要担心”
but the wound is nothing, and I hope you will not worry."
又是“亲爱的心肝”
It says "dear heart" again.
“这战役恐怕将给美国带来不愉快的后果
"The battle will, I fear, have unpleasant consequences for America.
我们必须尽我们所能修复损害
And we must try to repair the damage as best we can.
请告知我所有的朋友我身体无恙
Let all my friends know that I am in good health.
我比以往更爱你”
I love you more than ever."
没有写“亲爱的心肝”?
No "dear heart"?
我略过了
I left that out.
那你想说的是?
And the point is?
他受了伤 是个英雄 你应该将此事发表出来
That he was wounded and he's a hero. You should publish it.
除了我没办法印刷之外 请问这对我们所要做的有什么帮助?
Aside from the fact that I have no means of doing so, how does this help our cause?
一个自负的孩子 参加了一场我们输掉的战役
A vainglorious child marches into a battle we lost
并侥幸地只中了一枪 没被打死
and manages to be only shot and not killed.
我能把它和狗咬人的新闻编排在一起
I can print it beside the news that a dog bit a man.
孩子
Boy.
我很高兴他还活着
I'm glad he lives.
把信交给我 我来想想该如何发表
Give me the letter, and I'll think of something.
你还有什么要说的吗?
Anything else that you'd like to say?
没有
No.
很好
Very well then.
你召我到你的办公室是因为...
I'm summoned to your office because--
只是随便聊聊而已 亲爱的内克尔
Simply for a casual conversation, my dear Necker.
我想跟你说句话
I wanted a word--
如果你想说的是“美国” 那我可不想听
If that word is "America", I don't wish to hear it.
法国与拉斐特德侯爵不同
Unlike the marquis de Lafayette,
不能以牺牲自己的财富来换取荣誉
France cannot afford to purchase glory at the cost of her fortune.
英国的战败将确保我们的繁荣
A British defeat will ensure our prosperity.
韦尔热讷先生 你要我们 怎样为这光荣的胜利买♥♥单呢?
And how would you have us pay for this glorious triumph, Monsieur Vergennes?
我相信皇家司库
I'm sure the royal treasurer
会很乐意告诉我做不到的原因
will be pleased to tell me why we can't.
国王的债主们不会再承担任何债务
The king's creditors won't stomach any further debt,
也不可能提高税收 就是这样
and raising taxes is out of the question. Voilà.
让乔治三世的国家破产吧
Let George III bankrupt his country
也省了我们自己国家破产的麻烦
and save us the trouble of bankrupting ours.
这就是你打算在议会上提出的建议?
Is this the advice you intend to render in council?
韦尔热讷伯爵 支持起义者的只有你一人
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表