剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
1
(四年前 伦敦 白厅宫)
富兰克林博士无疑是
Dr. Franklin is nothing less
首位推动和主导者
than the first mover and prime conductor,
是一个秘密阴谋组织的发起人和主要成员
the inventor and leading member of a secret cabal
这阴谋组织的目的是 在我们的美国殖民地中
designed for the purposes of keeping up a spirit of clamor and discontent
持续制♥造♥喧嚣和不满情绪
in our American colonies!
这位优秀的博士今天来到国王的枢密院
The good doctor comes before the king's Privy Council today
其身份为马萨诸塞湾殖民地的代理人
as an agent of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
他带来了一份谦卑的请♥愿♥书
He bears a humble petition
请♥愿♥书来自那个庄严的州议会 是要寻求罢免皇家总督
from that august assembly seeking the removal of the royal governor.
他说是为了和平
For the sake of peace, he says.
我称其为一种奇怪的和平 此和平导致波士顿港的水域
I call it a funny sort of peace that stains the waters of Boston Harbor
被价值一万英镑的 不列颠东印度茶叶玷污了
with £10,000 of East India tea!
我给你们看看这个
I give you this
这是一篇刊登在 《公共广♥告♥人》上的恶意诋毁文章
scurrilous article in the pages of the Public Advertiser.
“使一个伟大帝国沦为微小的规则”
"Rules by Which a Great Empire May Be Reduced to a Small One."
文章署名为“证毕”
The article is signed QED.
证明完毕
Quod erat demonstrandum. Thus it is proved.
正如你们所看到的
As you can see,
富兰克林博士确实是一位“文学家”
Dr. Franklin is truly a man of letters!
这是来自一个真正的起义分子的胡言乱语
These are the ravings of a true insurrectionist.
我从没提倡起义
I have never advocated insurrection.
哈...
Ha! Ha!
首相知道我在伦敦为国王陛下的政♥府♥服务
The prime minister knows that I have served His Majesty's government
向来都怀着坚定不移的热情
here in London with unwavering zeal.
我认为 富兰克林博士 你一方面...
I put it to you, Dr. Franklin, that whilst you have sought...
- 我花了十年时间试图解释... - 寻求晋升...
- I have spent a decade trying to explain... - ...preferment on the one hand...
- 在英格兰和殖民地之间... - 另一方面一直在密谋...
- ...the colonies to England... - ...with the other you have been conspiring...
- 做调解 - 与乌合之众和其他人♥渣♥...
- ...and England to the colonies. - ...with rabble-rousers and other scum...
- 我唯一的目标就是保护... - 煽动叛乱...
- My only goal has been to preserve... - ...to foment rebellion...
- 那精美高贵的瓷瓶... - 我再说一次 煽动叛乱...
- ...that fine and noble china vase... - I say, to foment rebellion...
- 大英帝国 - 都是为了你自己的利益
- ...the British Empire. - ...all for your own personal profit.
我请求枢密院驳回 马萨诸塞州议会的请♥愿♥书
I ask the Privy Council to reject the petition of the Massachusetts Assembly.
此外 我要求撤销富兰克林博士作为
Furthermore, I ask that Dr. Franklin's charter
马萨诸塞、宾夕法尼亚
as agent of the colonies of Massachusetts,
新泽西和佐治亚殖民地代理人的特许状
Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Georgia be revoked.
司法部长的请求
The solicitor general's request
获得批准
is granted.
不管你此刻在想什么 现在说出来只会让我们的命运更糟
Whatever you're thinking, saying it now will only make our fortunes worse.
我会让他们的主人变成渺小的国王
I'll make their master a little king.
(战争即将来临)
(独♥立♥宣言)
(改编自)
(斯泰西希夫的《伟大的即兴创作》)
我们赢了萨♥拉♥托♥加♥的战役 英国人投降了
Victory in Saratoga! The English surrender!
美国赢了
America wins!
拉斐特德侯爵 布兰迪万的英雄
The marquis de Lafayette, hero of Brandywine!
美国赢了
America wins!
胜利了 英国人在萨♥拉♥托♥加♥ 战役中输了 美国赢了
Victory! The English lost in Saratoga. America won!
- 等一等 冷静... - 拜托 先生 拜托...
- Hold on! Calm down! Calm down! - Please, sir. Please! Please!
这里 给 这些是给你的 你拿这些
Here. For you. These are for you. You take these.
一定要把它们都分发出去
Make sure you hand all of them out!
大家都拿到了吗?分散开来 去
Everyone has some? Now spread out! Go!
(义勇军进行曲)
"MARCH OF THE INSURGENTS"
先生 你没事吧?
Are you all right, sir?
需要帮忙吗?
Do you need help?
不需要 朋友 我没事
Not at all, my friend. All is well.
太棒了 多么了不起的乐器啊 太棒了
Bravo! What a marvelous instrument. Bravo!
是的 很有趣
Yes, it's interesting.
这钢琴应该是希腊制♥造♥的
I believe the principle is Greek in origin.
修道院长说得对
The Abbé is right.
我只是在机件上让它变得更完美
I merely perfected the mechanism.
音调可以变得柔和或膨胀
The tone may be softened or swelled
通过手指的按压...
by the pressure of the finger...
并能持续这音调 无论多久
and continued for any length.
这台乐器的音准很好 不需要进行调整
The instrument, being well tuned, never requires adjustment.
我也有一台类似的乐器
I have an instrument like that of my own.
夫人 那你一定得找一天给我弹奏一曲
Well, you must play it for me sometime, madame.
也许你可以自己弹奏它
Perhaps you would like to play it yourself.
你在说什么?
Whatever are you talking about?
我说的你都知道 你这淘气鬼
Nothing you haven't thought of, you rascal.
来我这里坐
Come sit beside me.
不是那里 那是马克安东尼的位置 坐这里
Not there. That's Mark Antony's seat. Here.
既然你的国家赢得了如此辉煌的胜利...
So, now that your country has won such a glorious victory at--
那地方叫什么来着?
What is the name of the place?
是萨♥拉♥托♥加♥ 应该是在纽约殖民地
Saratoga. In the colony of New York, I believe.
那是个什么样的地方?
What sort of place is it?
这恐怕你得问约翰尼伯戈因先生了
Well, I'm afraid you'd have to ask Gentleman Johnny Burgoyne.
不过我猜他会希望自己从没去过那里
Though I expect he wished that he'd never been there.
你真聪明啊
You're a clever one.
我已故的丈夫是名哲学家
My late husband was a philosopher, you know.
他认为善与恶不过是虚构之类的东西
He believed good and evil were mere fictions or something of the kind.
但在拿下假发后 他那秃头就像婴儿的屁♥股♥
But under his wig, he was bald as a baby's rump.
你很老了 但还有大部分的头发
You are terribly ancient, but you still have most of your hair.
如果你想 可以把它抖松
Perhaps you'd like to fluff it.
用条小丝带把它系起来
Tie it up with a little ribbon.
而我可以安静地坐在你腿上
And I could sit peacefully on your lap.
先生 你若坐在我腿上 将会“很不安宁”
With you on my lap, sir, there'd be very little peace.
修道院长 你脑子里有着什么下流想法?
What impure thoughts are running through your head, Abbé?
夫人 你说我?
I, madame?
我只知道富兰克林博士 是个欢乐的人 能承受如此重担
Only that Dr. Franklin is a merry man to carry such a burden.
院长先生 是什么重担?
What burden is that, Monsieur l'Abbé?
当然是你国家的命运
Your country's fate, of course.
在这一点上 我今天有些值得欢乐的原因
In that I have some cause for merriment today.
我想凡尔赛宫应已知悉这次的胜利
I should think Versailles must take note of this victory.
卡巴尼斯先生 如果他们还不知道 那我就白白浪费了许多墨汁
If they do not, Monsieur Cabanis, I've spilled a great deal of ink in vain.
告诉我 你这只老熊
Tell me something, you old bear.
这就是你和那幽怨的小茶杯会说的废话?
Is this the sort of nonsense you talk about with that mopey little teacup?
你指的是布里昂夫人?
You mean Madame Brillon?
不...我们谈论音乐、书籍 以及关于心灵、感受等问题
No. No, we discuss music and books and delicate matters of the soul.
难怪你看起来像饿坏了 似乎别人只给了你一颗豌豆当晚餐
No wonder you look like a starving man given a pea for dinner.
卡巴尼斯先生 把大家的 酒杯斟满 我们来干杯吧
Fill in everyone's glasses, Mr. Cabanis, and let's have a toast.
- 为了什么干杯? - 为了萨♥拉♥托♥加♥?
- To? - To Saratoga?
为能饱腹而干杯
To eating a full plate.
来看看这个
Come look at this.
非常灵巧的手工 陛下
Very skillful, Your Majesty.
外长 你喜欢机械艺术吗?
Do you enjoy the mechanical arts, Foreign Minister?
唉 职责让我无法腾出时间
Alas, obligations do not afford me the time.
锁的有趣之处
What's interesting about locks
在于只有打开了它 才能知道里面装的是什么
is that unless you crack them open, you've no idea what's inside.
但你却把锁给弄坏了
But then you've broken the lock.
陛下 你知道了 美国在萨♥拉♥托♥加♥战胜之事?
Your Majesty, you know of the victory at Saratoga.
是的 老乔治的鼻子大出血了?
Yes. Rather bloodied old George's nose, hmm?
机会出现了
There's an opportunity here.
抓住这机会将是明智之举 趁现在还来得及
It would be wise to seize it before it's too late.
你又在说联盟之事了
You're on about your alliance again.
我确信英格兰正在寻找出路 以免遭受更大的损失
I'm certain England is seeking a way out before it suffers even greater losses.
美国人很可能会给他们一条出路
The Americans may well be inclined to grant them one.
那我们就不用为战争出钱了 对吧?
Then we wouldn't have to pay for a war, would we?
不过是在推迟
We'd only be delaying one.
如果有足够勇气采取行动 我们就能削弱这个敌人
Against an enemy we could have weakened if we had been bold enough to act.
我不知道
I don't know.
- 陛下的意思是... - 我不知道
- Your Majesty means-- - I don't know.
是的
Yes.
- 是的 我可以进行? - 是的 我不知道
- Yes, I may proceed? - Yes, I don't know.
他这算是不明说的拒绝你?
Did he mean to refuse you without saying it?
有可能
Possibly.
还是他想你进行谈判
Does he wish you to negotiate
但又不想让人觉得是他的意思?
but doesn't want it known that he said so?
有这可能
He might.
他是在设圈套
Is he setting a trap,
等着你违抗命令 从而揭发你?
expecting that you'll disobey, and so expose you?
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表