剧集 | 验尸官(2019) | 导航列表
请告知陪审团你的名字和职位
Please state your name and occupation for the Jury?
彼得·贝尔警官 第十分区
Constable Peter Bell, 10th Division.
你可以向我们描述一下
Could you give us your account
在科菲·阿班达被杀那晚发生的事情吗
of the night Kofi Abanda was killed?
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
我和我的搭档 史葛·德维尔警官
Myself and my partner, Constable Scott Deveaux,
在发生了大量骚乱事件的
were patrolling an area that had been experiencing
地区巡逻
a high volume of disturbances.
我们在樱桃街附近的工业区遇上了
We came upon Mr. Abanda in an industrial zone
阿班达先生
adjacent Cherry Street.
他在大声喧哗 所以我们就走近了他
He was making a lot of noise, so we approached him.
我们向他表明了我们的身份 问他是否需要帮助
We identified ourselves, asked if he needed assistance.
他马上就充满了敌意
He was immediately hostile.
很明显他服用了一些药物
It was clear that he was on something.
后来检测出他是服用了安♥非♥他♥命♥
He later tested positive for amphetamines.
但他不肯服从
But he wouldn't comply.
我们给他留了空间
We gave him space,
但之后他拿起了武器 朝我们走来
but then he reached for a weapon and came at us,
我们不得不使用致命措施
and we were forced to use lethal measures.
你电击了阿班达先生 对吗
You tasered Mr. Abanda, correct?
是的 我用了一个传导能量的武器
I did. I deployed a conductive energy weapon,
击中了他的重心
hitting him centre mass.
但这完全没有使他减速
But that didn't slow him even a little.
他还在不停的往前走
He kept coming.
他表现出了兴奋的神志不清的状态
He displayed "excited delirium."
在这时我的搭档才开了枪
And that's when my partner fired his service weapon.
那么 阿班达先生伸手去拿的武器
Now, the "weapon" Mr. Abanda reached for
在之后的调查中 发现那只是乐器
turned out to be a musical instrument?
对的 那是个小号♥
Correct. It was a trumpet.
你认为小号♥是直接威胁
And did you consider the trumpet
会对你造成伤害吗
an immediate threat to cause you harm?
天很黑 我们没法看清那是什么
It was dark, we couldn't tell what it was.
后见之明
Hindsight is 20-20,
但我们担心自己的人身安全
but we were afraid for our lives.
听着 我们不想科菲死
Look, we didn't want Kofi to die.
- 一切都按规矩进行 - 别再说谎了
- Everything was by the book. - Enough lying!
科菲没做错什么
Kofi did nothing wrong!
- 你杀了我儿子 - 麻烦一下
- You murdered my son! - Please
这是不能接受的 验尸官女士
This is unacceptable, Madam Coroner.
- 你不能允许这种行为 - 很抱歉 女士
- You can't allow this. - I'm very sorry, Ma'am.
- 我来处理 我来处理 - 你怎么能坐在那里对我撒谎
- I got this, I got this. - How can you sit there and lie?!
嘿 科尼亚女士
Hey, Ms. Kenia.
范
Van?
我还是不敢相信科菲已经不在了
I still can't believe Kofi is gone...
谢谢您
Thank you.
嘿 嗯 好吧 已经提出警告了
Hey. Um... well, a caution's been issued,
但是凯尼亚女士将被允许回到法庭
but Ms. Kenia will be allowed to return to the courtroom.
谢谢你 范 我很抱歉
Thank you, Van. I'm so sorry.
不 你没有什么好抱歉的 凯尼亚女士
No, you have nothing to be sorry for, Ms. Kenia.
胡说 范
Nonsense, Van.
我记得你以前叫我妈妈的时候
I remember when you used to call me Mama.
是的 谢谢你 多诺万
Yes, thank you, Donovan.
在这里见到你我很惊讶
I'm surprised to see you here.
你得回♥教♥堂 范
You need to come back to church, Van.
孩子们需要在那见见你
The kids need to see you there.
嗯 我在这里 所以 如果你需要什么
Well, I'm here, so, if you need anything...
一年半前我们就需要你
We needed you a year and a half ago.
这存在一种利害冲突
It was a conflict of interest.
我不被允许接近这个案子
I wasn't allowed anywhere near the case.
对不起 阿班达女士
Sorry, Ms. Abanda,
我们可以私下谈会吗 拜托了
may we speak in private for moment, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
有些事情从一开始就漏掉了
Things were missed from the beginning.
我们这就去我的办公室
We're just gonna go to my office.
阿班达女士 我要你今天
Ms. Abanda, I want you to speak
为了你的兄弟科菲发言
for your brother, Kofi, for today.
但对于我们来说 那么做时
But for us to do that,
你的问题不能有任何偏见性
your questions can't show any bias.
好吧 验尸官女士 法庭上唯一的偏见
Well, Madam Coroner, the only bias in this court
是针对黑人和土著人♥民♥的系统性针对
is the systemic targeting of Black and Indigenous people.
我不反对
I don't disagree.
如果要就此提建议
I support any and all discussions
我支持任何论我国体制的不公正
on the imbalances in our system
的讨论
when it comes time for recommendations.
但今天是关于本案的事实情况
But today is about the facts in this case.
事实
FACT
科菲年轻时和一群愚蠢的家伙混在一起
Kofi fell in with stupid people when he was young.
他有滥用药物的问题
he had a problem with drugs.
他振作起来 抽身而去
he pulled himself up, and out,
成为一个好的 诚实的人
to become a good, honest man.
然而 他仍然不必要地死在警♥察♥的手中
Yet still, he dies needlessly at the hands of police.
事实
Fact.
库珀博士要求的事 我们集体共同努力
What Dr. Cooper is asking is that we all work together
尽量保持在调查范围之内
and try to stay within the purview of the inquest.
我和我的家人经历了无数的开庭日
My family and I have been through endless court dates,
审查委员会 上诉
review boards, appeals.
大多数时候我们没法让调查人员
Most times we couldn't get investigators
回电♥话♥
to return our calls.
你有孩子吗 库珀医生
Do you have children, Dr. Cooper?
我有
I do. Uh...
我有一个17岁的儿子
I have a 17-year-old son.
我儿子15岁
My son's 15,
我每天都为他感到恐惧
and I'm terrified for him every day.
所以为了他 我尽量不让任何东西
So for his sake, I try not to leave anything
落在我的视线之外
outside my purview.
德沃警官 你和贝尔警官都声称
Cst. Deveaux, you and Cst. Bell both claim
电击枪在4米外的地方被使用
the Taser was deployed at 15 feet?
是的 差不多
Yes, give or take.
那么 阿巴达先生在那一距离有多大的威胁
And how present a threat was Mr. Abanda at that distance?
验尸官夫人 你问过这个了且也有了回答
Madam Coroner, asked and answered.
没关系 我觉得人们不太明白
That's all right. I don't think people quite understand
有人突然跳起来的样子
what someone hopped up on snap is like.
那样子15英尺是相当近的距离
15 feet's pretty close at that point.
他表现出很兴奋且神志不清
He displayed "excited delirium".
验尸官夫人 伊玛尼·阿班达女士准备好了
Madam Coroner, Ms. Imani Abanda is prepared
询问证人
to question the witness.
德沃警官
Constable Deveaux.
是斯科特·德沃高级警官
Senior Constable Scott Deveaux.
我很抱歉 你之前提到过你的模范记录吗
My apologies. You did mention your exemplary record earlier?
我提了
I did.
我自己也看过
I've reviewed it myself.
因为表现优异 勇敢受到嘉奖
Commendations for merit, bravery...
非常令人印象深刻
very impressive.
但是我们也可以回顾一下你的记录中
But could we also review the section of your record
有不正常数量投诉那部分吗
with the abnormal amounts of complaints against you?
德沃警官不会回答这个问题
Cst. Deveaux will not be answering that question.
他的记录不在今天的审查范围中
His record is not under review today.
请不要跑题 阿班达女士
Please stay within the scope, Ms. Abanda.
你以前查过科菲吗
Had you stopped Kofi before?
我不记得了
I don't recall.
我得到的记录显示科菲被
I obtained records that show Kofi had been carded
查过十几次
more than a dozen times.
有几次是由你一手操作的
Several times by you alone.
证人不会对此作出回答
The witness won't be answering that.
验尸官女士
Madam Coroner,
有不当行为和针对特定群体的职业生涯
are career patterns of misconduct and profiling
是否与科菲的死无关联
not relevant to Kofi's death?
我必须同意
I would have to agree.
证人可以回答
The witness may answer.
我不记得了
I do not recall.
剧集 | 验尸官(2019) | 导航列表