Ready? Begin!
准备好没 开始
The English language is made up of 26 letters
英语 由26个字母
that form over a million words.
组成了超过一百万个单词
Some of them can be a little hard to say.
某些单词 可能不太好说
Fool me once...
骗我一次
Shame on...
真丢
Shame on you.
真丢人
Fool me...I can't get fooled again.
骗我 不会再上当了
Some of them can be a little hard to understand.
某些单词 可能不太好分辨
Numbnut?
妈蛋
Numnah is a felt or sheepskin pad placed between...
"毛垫"是一种毛毡或羊毛垫 通常放置在
oh, numnah.
哦 "毛垫"啊
197分
您
2045分
对方
您的对手
And some of them are just ridiculous.
还有某些单词 纯粹是来搞笑的
And even within that massive sea of words,
然而 纵使单词千千万万
one word has managed to stick out as the word,
有一个单词依然脱颖而出 成为了词中之词
and it's a doozy.
一经说出 必惊世人
I'm talking about the "N" Word.
我说的这个词 当然是黑X(nigga)
Some people have said it, and it made big news.
有些人说了这词 成了大新闻
美国职棒大联盟
五个人分别为
Sometimes it comes exactly from the places you'd expect.
有时 这个词的出现完全在意料之中
And sometimes it doesn't.
有时 却正好相反
My granddaddy, who lives on a tobacco plantation
我爷爷 他住在南卡罗来纳州的
in South Carolina, said to me the other day,
一个烟草种植园 有一天他对我说
"Do you know what's wrong with this country?"
"你知道这个国家有什么问题吗"
"Nothing."
"啥问题也没有"
Phew.
呼
Okay, next I'd like to bring out Jack Johnson,
好 下一位请上Jack Johnson
performing a dance and a rap for us.
他要表演一段舞蹈加说唱
**she gives me money when I'm in need*
*在我落魄时 她伸出援手
**I gotta leave*
*我不能这样
**I gotta leave*
*不能这样
**yeah, she gives me money when I'm in need*
*在我落魄时 她伸出援手
**she gives me money*
*她伸出援手
**now, I ain't saying she a gold digger, unh*
*我没说她是个拜金女
**but she ain't messin' with no broke *beep, unh*
*但穷黑X绝不入她的眼
**and I ain't saying she a gold digger, unh*
*我没说她是个拜金女
**but she ain't messin' with no broke *beep unh*
*但穷黑X绝不入她的眼
**and I...*
*我
Okay, no.
不行
Told you it was a doozy.
说了会一鸣惊人的吧
Begged him to go with the radio edit.
都求他选电台和谐版的了
Begged him.
都求他了
Hey, son, are you okay?
儿子 你没事吧
Hey, Mr. Johnson.
嘿 Johnson先生
Our new principal apologizes for not being here.
我们的新校长为暂时不在而道歉
He wanted you to know that his absence is due
他想要您知道 他的缺席
to an actual emergency and has nothing to do
是由于一件完全真实的紧急事件
with hearing that dealing with you
而绝不是由于听说与您谈话
can be somewhat traumatizing.
有可能会遭受精神创伤
Why is my son being sent home?
为什么停了我儿子的课
Well, the school has a zero-tolerance policy
学校对于任何的仇恨性言论
for any form of hate speech.
均采取"零容忍♥政策"
What idiot came up with that?
这是哪个白♥痴♥想出来的政策
Zero means zero!
零就是零
Zero means zero!
零就是零
How was I supposed to know
我哪能知道
it was gonna come back to bite us in the butt?
搬的这块石头最后会砸了自己的脚啊
Well, it did, Bow.
反正是砸上了 Bow
Took a big old chunk out of our ass.
砸的特别狠啊
Half a cheek gone.
脚丫子都砸掉了
Well, where did Jack get an idea
Jack到底是从哪儿
to say a word like that in the first place?
学会说这个词的啊
Wha...
咋回事
**She gives me money*
*她伸出援手
**But I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger*
*我没说她是个拜金女
**but she ain't messin' with no broke *beep *
*但穷黑X才不入她的眼
**Get down, girl, go 'head, get down*
*别矜持 女孩 放下你的身段
Oh, my God.
我的天哪
It's my favorite song.
这首歌♥是我最爱
And we play it every day on the way to school.
每天送他上学的路上 我都会放的
Damn it! It's his birthright!
妈蛋 他说这词天经地义
Jewish kids get to go to Israel.
犹太孩子有权去以色列
Black kids get to say this.
黑人孩子就有权说黑X
Dre! That is ridiculous!
Dre 你这是胡说八道
Nobody should say it.
谁都不该说这个词
It is an ugly, hateful word
它是一个丑陋的 充满仇恨的单词
with an even uglier and hate-filled history.
它背后的历史比它更加丑陋且充满仇恨
Yeah, of it being said to us, not by us. Oh, my God.
对 但当时我们是被说的人 而不是说的人 天哪
As usual, son, you have absolutely no idea
儿子 一如既往地 你又开始
what you're talking about. But...
信口胡诌了 但是
That is not a word that black folks need to be using, ever!
黑人们根本就不该用这个词 永远不该
No.
不该
You see, I never used it.
你看 我就从来不说那个词
What?!
啥
You *beep act like these lights around here
你们这些黑X
gonna pay for themselves.
开灯不要钱吗
Well, I only said it to separate myself
我说这词只是为了
from the rest of you people.
把我和你们其他人区分开来
Unlike Earl, I really never say it.
不像Earl 我才是真的从来不说
What?!
啥
Watch it *beep.
看着点 黑X
Saying it to your daddy's trifling behind don't count.
对你老爸这样的人说不算啦
Oh, agreed.
同意
All we're saying is, of course every now and then
我们的意思是 诚然 时不时的
it slips out, but it's never said casually
这个词会脱口而出 但绝不会随意说
and never in mixed company.
并且绝不在其他种族面前说
Exactly.
没错
It's only a judgment said with disdainful indictment.
这词充满了轻蔑与评断
Pops, you and mom's generation used the word for self-hate.
老爹 你和老妈这一代人 将这词看作歧视
You made it negative.
你们让它变得消极
My generation... we reclaimed it,
而我们这一代 我们改变了它
and we use it as a term of colloquialism and power.
我们将它当作充满力量的口语
Same way the slaves took the leftover pig guts
就像曾经的奴隶们取回没人要的猪内脏
and found them plants growing in the woods
再加上丛林里那些他们亲手种的植物
and turned it into chitlins and collard Greens.
将它们变成黑人传统食物与羽衣甘蓝
That's what we did with the "N" Word.
我们对"黑X"的使用 与之异曲同工
Yeah, here he come with that chitlin argument.
嘿哟 还拿传统食物说事儿了
Can you believe this *beep.
这小黑X真是满嘴跑火车
Mom.
老妈
Dre, we've got a meeting set up.
Dre 我们要去参会
We're gonna go down there,
我们要过去
and we are gonna straighten this whole thing out.
把这事说清楚
Oh, yeah.
说得好
We gonna straighten this out.
是要说清楚
Mom, dad, today was an exhilarating day at school.
妈 爸 今天真是令人振奋的一天
Oh, God. I think I finally found my calling in life.
天哪 我想我终于找到了我的人生价值
I'm gonna be Eco hero.
我要做个环保英雄
并非先天决定
环保英雄
并非先天决定
环保英雄
Oh, God, he's such a disappointment. Dre!
天哪 这孩子真没出息 Dre
I'm insisting that our family start initiating
我坚持认为咱家应当开展一些
并非先天决定
环保英雄
some of the practices I've been learning at school.
我在学校所学到的实践活动
That's nice.
很好啊
Like our lawn.
比如咱家的草坪
We can start by shortening the sprinkler cycle.
我们可以从缩短洒水器周期入手
Nope, not gonna be the only black family in the neighborhood
不行 才不要做社区唯一一家
with a brown lawn.
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表