Everyone loves summer.
所有人都爱夏天
It's when the whole family gets to travel, see concerts,
在夏天 全家可以去旅行 听音乐会
and take in the wonders of the world.
享受这奇妙的世界
And 2020 was the greatest summer of the Johnsons' lives.
而2020年的夏天是Johnson一家史上最棒的夏天
I'm playing.
我逗你的
You know we haven't done a damn thing since corona hit.
新冠以来我们啥也没做
The virus literally said,
病毒可以相当于是在说
"Y'all better stay your Black ass inside before I whoop y'all ass."
"你们最好把你们的黑屁♥股♥管好了 小心我抽你丫的"
And we did.
于是我们照办了
Coming into the year,
年初的时候
I didn't think some virus half a world away was gonna be a big deal.
我没想到另一个半球爆发的病毒会有什么影响
But then March hit.
但随着三月的到来
And it's official.
正式通知
The NBA will be the first major sport to shut down.
NBA将成为首个被取消的大型运动项目
Damn you, Rudy Gobert!
该死的Rudy Gobert
This is all your fault, you nasty-ass French bastard!
都是你的错 你个肮脏的法国佬
It was a dark time,
那是一段暗黑时刻
but I had to admit... I was lucky to have my job.
不过我得承认 我很幸运因为我的工作还在
And best of all, I formed a tighter bond with my family.
而且最棒的是 我和家人的关系更紧密了
Earl, is my negligee dry yet?
Earl 我的睡衣干了吗
Why don't you drag that wagon in here and see for yourself?
你怎么不挪挪屁♥股♥自己来看看
Nothing brings you closer than experiencing a shared trauma.
没什么比精神污染更能让人与人之间变得亲密了
Like watching my mom and Pops
比如看着我的父母
treat quarantine like a honeymoon.
把居家隔离当成蜜月过
Come on, girl, let's get to folding.
来吧 宝贝 来叠啊
So we were getting through it.
所以我们经历了种种
Dr. Rainbow Johnson was working on the front lines,
Rainbow Johnson医生正在前线工作
but she didn't let that slow her down.
但她并没有受其拖累
I finally got off of work,
我终于下班了
and I got everybody dinner!
我还给大家带了晚餐
Okay, that's, uh... that's nice, babe,
哦 这 这很好 宝贝
but I think we're gonna, uh...
不过我觉得我们要
I think we're gonna eat cereal for dinner.
我觉得我们晚饭吃麦片就好
Ohh... come on, babe.
哦 拜托 宝贝
I've got six bags of sushi!
我买♥♥了六袋寿司啊
Your heart is in the right place,
你并没有恶意
but, uh, nobody wants to eat your...
但是 没有人想吃你的
your nasty corona food.
你那脏脏的新冠食物
And remember, before you come in...
还有 进来前请记得
hose off. Uhhuh, of course.
用水龙头冲个凉 嗯哼 当然
You know what, it's fine! Means there's more for me!
好得很 这些吃的全归我了
I've always wanted to drink a gallon of miso soup!
我一直想喝一加仑的味增汤
Good morning, everyone.
早啊 大家
Good morning.
早啊
Ah, there she is... our American hero.
啊 是她就是她 我们的美国英雄
It doesn't have to be 7:00 for me to applaud you.
我不必非要是7点才为你喝彩
Thank you. God, I love that.
谢谢 天 爱你
A-Are you still doing this, son?
还这样吗 儿子
Still clapping for my mother who is fighting a deadly virus?
还在为我抗击致命病毒的母亲鼓掌吗
I will never grow tired of honoring your sacrifices, Mom,
我永远不会厌倦以你的牺牲为荣 妈
unlike this one. Right? Hmm. Talk to me.
不像这个人 是不是 嗯 可不是嘛
I honor your mama every night she allows me to.
只要你妈愿意 我每晚都为她鼓掌
Junior, it's okay. All right. I know how you support me.
Junior 没关系 我知道你支持我
You don't need to clap out loud.
你不用大声鼓掌
You can clap in your heart.
心里默默鼓掌就可以了
You don't mean that.
这不是你真心话
No, I don't. Let me hear it!
没错 我装的 让我听听
Go, go! Hey! Hey! Hey!
来 来 嘿 嘿 嘿
Hey! I'm essential! I'm essential! Hey!
嘿 我是必不可少的 我是必不可少的 嘿
Don't do that. C'mon, man...
别这么做 拜托
I am sorry, Dad.
不好意思 爸
I am just proud to be the son of an essential worker.
我只是为自己是一名一线工作者的儿子而感到骄傲
Yep.
是啊
Two... essential workers.
两名一线工作者
Two?
两名吗
Where? Where?
哪儿 哪儿
Me.
我
You?
你吗
Yes. Yes, me.
是啊 是我
I gotta get this.
我要接个电♥话♥
It is Olivia.
是Olivia
We have been doing pandemic video dates...
现在病毒流行我们只能视频约会了
Hi, Olivia! Hey, girl. What's up?
嗨 Olivia 嘿 宝贝 怎么了
Are you trying to get her to break up with you?
你是想让她和你分手吗
Leave him alone. Oh, oh, hey! Hey!
别理他 哦 嘿
Olivia! Olivia.
Olivia Olivia
Would you consider a senior advertising executive an essential worker?
你觉得高级广♥告♥经理算不算必不可少的工作人员
No. Not at all.
不算 完全无关啊
Why would you even ask me that?
你为什么要这么问
Sorry, sweetheart. What does she know?
抱歉 亲爱的 她懂什么
She dates Junior.
她还跟Junior约会呢
Look, I make inspirational commercials that give people hope.
听着 我创作的广♥告♥鼓舞人心还给人希望
You mean to tell me that's not essential?
你敢和我说这不是必需的吗
Essential to maintaining the basic needs of society?
对于维持社会最基本的需求必不可少
Let me think on that. No.
让我想想 不必需
Of all the haters out there,
外面有那么多喷子
I would have never thought that you would become one.
但我从没想过你也是其中一员
Now, if you'll excuse me,
现在 请容许我失陪了
I've got to get to my essential job
我需要去做我必不可少的工作了
where I place a blanket on the shoulders of America.
为美国的肩膀搭上一块毯子
Um, Dre.
呃 Dre
Essential workers do not wear basketball shorts on the job.
一线工作者不会穿篮球短裤工作
Usually I have time to stop by Starbucks
我通常会抽空在星巴克停留一下
and get my caramel Frapp to take my mind off home drama,
来一杯焦糖冰咖啡来助我忘却家里的不快
but my five-second COVID commute changed that.
但是新冠期间的五秒通勤时间使之成为奢望
You guys are never gonna believe this.
你们不会相信
My family thinks that what we do isn't essential.
我的家人认为我们的工作可有可无
Wait, why does your office look different, Stevens?
等一下 为什么你的办公室看上去不太一样了 Stevens
Oh, I decided to move to my Palm Beach house.
哦 我搬来了棕榈滩的房♥子
It's, uh... quality of life is so much better here.
这里的生活质量好多了
I have a full staff of cooks, maids, seamstresses, and farmers
我这里有厨师 女仆 女裁缝 农民
who tend to the land, and they work with the animals...
他们会照看这块土地 和动物一起工作
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Is that safe?
等等 这安全吗
All those people in and out?
这么多人进进出出吗
We don't let them leave.
我们不让他们出去
So, where do they live?
那他们住哪
We keep them in, uh, smaller, poorer-quality homes
他们住在又小又破的屋子里
here on the plan... the property.
就在这个庄园里
Stevens, are those people sl...
Stevens 这些人是奴隶吗
Look, Dre, let's go back to talking about your family, okay?
听着 Dre 还是回到你家人的话题吧
They are way off base, by the way.
他们大错特错了
We are 110% essential.
我们110%是必不可少的
Yep.
是啊
In a world where you don't know who to trust,
在这个你不知道该相信谁的世界
we're the ones telling you that it's safe to order takeout from Astro Burger.
是我们告诉你Astro汉堡家的外卖♥♥很靠谱
Yes, we do that,
是的 这是我们做的
but we have a bigger influence, too.
但我们同时还起到更大的作用
We craft powerful images
我们精心制♥作♥具有冲击力的画面
that deliver messages to people that feed the soul!
向人们传递讯息 喂养他们的灵魂啊
Exactly, Dre.
没错 Dre
People need to know that there's a brighter tomorrow.
人们需要知道明天会更好
And in that brighter tomorrow, they are gonna need stuff.
而在更好的明天 他们会需要买♥♥东西
No, what they need is a sense that things are going to get better.
不 他们需要的是知道事情会变好的信念
We are comforting people in a time of crisis.
在如今的危机时刻 我们给予人安慰
Yes. Comforting them with the message...
是的 安慰他们说
"Don't forget what's important. Stuff."
"别忘了什么才是重要的 商品"
Yeah.
是的
"Go get it."
"去买♥♥吧"
I don't think you guys are hearing me.
我想你们没有听懂我说的
We give people hope.
我们给予人希望
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表