剧集 | 邪恶之城(2015) | 导航列表
So, did you let him know it's over?
跟他提分手了吗
I did what i had to, for my family.
为了家庭我不得不这样
That's my girl.
这样才对嘛
What you got?
你查到什么了
Well, I couldn't find any living relatives of Vera Bennett's
我找不到任何薇拉·班尼特
in california, but i found out that
在加州的亲属 但我查到了这个
She worked at this library branch
她在这个图书馆分馆工作了
for 11 years. Really?
十一年 真的吗
Was still working here when she disappeared.
直到她消失前还在这工作
Figured might be as good a place as any to start digging.
这里是个可以好好查一查的地方
Yeah, definitely.
当然
This... this could be where she crossed with her killer.
这... 这可能是她与凶手有交集的地方
You know, the more i think about it,
你知道吗 我想来想去
with the age difference and the respect he treated her in death,
从年龄差到凶手杀她时对她的敬意
I get the sense that vera was some kind of a mentor figure to him.
我总觉得薇拉某种程度上是他的指引者
This would fit with that.
这就合理了
I never knew vera bennett.
我不认识薇拉·班尼特
I've only worked at this branch for a few years.
我只在这个分馆工作了几年而已
But i've heard all about her.
但我对她有所耳闻
I think there will always be a part of her here
我感觉她仿佛永远属于这里
for the people who loved her.
对于那些爱她的人来说
You mean through the stories they've shared with you?
你是说你听到过有关她的一些故事
Well, yes, that,
是的
but what i really meant was through her books.
但实际上我是说通过看她的书
Her whole collection is in circulation at this branch.
她的整套作品在这个分馆里可以借到
They were donated by her family?
是她的家人捐赠的吗
By her parents, yes.
是的 是她的父母
Apparently, since Vera was single and had no kids,
很显然 因为薇拉单身也没有孩子
they donated them all to us.
她的父母就把书捐给了我们
I think she'd be glad to know
我觉得她会很欣慰
how many young people she inspired to become readers.
她的书受很多年轻人喜欢
Hey! Diver!
别跑了 戴弗
Get your hands off me, man!
把手从我身上拿开
Hey! Hey, stop!
嘿 住手
What, are you following us?!
你们在跟踪我们吗
Huh?
啊
No, we didn't follow you!
不 我们没跟踪你
Then what are you two doing here?
那你俩在这干嘛
Huh?
啊
Karen? We followed this.
凯伦 我们看了这个找到这来的
The killer led us here.
杀手想让我们来这里
Hey, what happened to you leaving town?
嘿 你为什么要离开
Oh, wow. You control the city population now, too?
哇 你现在还控制人口流动了是吗
No, i control a serial-killer case,
不 但我在调查一宗连环杀手案
one you two continue to tamper with.
而你们一直在捣乱
I swear.I was gonna come to you with whatever I found here.
我发誓 无论我发现了什么我都会告诉你的
I didn't want to get in the way of your search for Mallory
如果这东西提供不了线索
if this didn't turn out to be anything.
我也不会想要干涉你调查玛罗琳
I mean, how did you guys know to come here, anyway?
总之我想知道你们怎么会来这里
Listen, we'll be asking the questions here, all right?
听着 应该是我们来问这个问题好吗
Well, i think i've got an answer for you.
我来回答你
Karen...
凯伦...
He wants me to locate a book in this library.
杀手希望我来这个图书馆找一本书
"Where St. Jerome Meets St. Monica."
"当圣杰罗姆与圣莫尼卡相遇"
Jerome is the patron saint of library.
杰罗姆是这个图书馆的守护神
This branch is the only one on Santa Monica Boulevard.
圣莫尼卡大道上只有这一个分馆
And it's not my spine he's referring to.
他指的不是我的胆量
It's the spine of a book...
是书脊...
This book.
是这本书
He put a code in here...
他放了张密♥码♥纸在这...
ended up being the dewey decimal call number
以杜威十进制图书分类法书号♥
for the 1911 printing of "the phantom of the opera."
来找1911版本的"歌♥剧魅影"
Why the hell would the killer want to lead you to a book?
到底为什么杀手会让你来找这本书
I'll give you the cliff's notes version...
我会给你看克里夫的译文版本
It's about a misunderstood monster
是关于一个被误解的杀人狂魔
on a killing spree in Paris.
在巴黎大开杀戒的故事
Swap the opera house for the sunset strip,
里面歌♥剧院的情节跟日落大道的事件很像
the killer could be trying to explain himself
杀手试图通过这个故事
with the story.
来解释他的所作所为
Hey, yo, maybe he just wants us to join his book club.
也可能他只是想让我们加入他的读书俱乐部
You know, you never know.
谁知道呢
Lead the way.
带路
Hey, that's cheating.
嘿 那是作弊哦
I just need to know if the spider and the pig die.
我只想知道那个蜘蛛和猪最后死了没
I don't want to get too attached, you know?
我不想读得太投入 好吗
What happens in the end isn't important,
结局是怎样不重要
it's the friendship between them
他们之间的友情最重要
while they're together on the farm,
他们在农场待在一起的那段时间
that really matters.
十分珍贵
Okay, i'll read the whole story.
好吧 我会读完整个故事
Did you get a book?
你有书看吗
I did.
我有
One that someone very special introduced me to.
一个很特别的人推荐给我的
Now I want to share it with someone new...
现在我想分享给别人...
make sure she understands what she means to me.
让她知道她对我来说意味着什么
The author's name is Leroux.
作者姓名是勒鲁
Here are the M's.
这是M开头的
Uh...L...
这是L...
Uh...
呃...
Oh, god.
喔 天呐
It wasn't a book he wanted us to find.
他想让我们找的不是本书
Get back.
退后
That's Mallory. Get these kids out of here. Lock down the library.
是玛罗琳 把小年轻们带走 封锁图书馆
Nobody gets in, nobody gets out. He could still be here!
禁止出入 凶手可能还在这
So, no one saw anything suspicious.
没人看到可疑对象
No single men on their own.
没发现可疑单身男性
And the book, did we find it?
那本书呢 找到了吗
Well, it wasn't checked out, but it's not here.
没登记 但也不在这
Librarian said that they can give us some extra copies,
图书管♥理♥员♥说他们能给我们一些副本
and if there's anything...
如果有其他什么...
Jack. Jack!
杰克 杰克
I heard Roth got pretty dark
我听说罗斯在处理
on the hillside strangler case...
山腰绞杀手案子上变得很紧绷...
Tough on everybody around him, including his partner.
他身边的每个人都不好过 包括他的搭档
I mean, good luck, man.
我是说 老兄祝你好运
It looks like he's taking a nose dive on your watch now.
似乎他状态不太好
Yeah, no thanks to you two.
是啊 还不是因为你们两个
You know, if you had shared that letter with us to begin with,
知道吗 如果你们一开始就把那封信给我们看
We might have gotten here in time,
我们就能及时赶到这
caught the son of a bitch.
抓住那个贱种
Okay, don't you put that on her.
好吧 别怪她
Karen, do you not realize?
凯伦 你还不明白吗
This killer's just using you.
杀手只是在利用你
No. He's choosing me.
不 他选择了我
You know, it's not lost on me
你知道吗 这对我没什么影响
that the book's author, Gaston Leroux,
那本书的作者 加斯顿·勒鲁
He was once an investigative journalist, too,
他也曾是一名做调查性报道的记者
Who, who exposed important truths
他把重大的真♥相♥暴露给
To a society that needed to face them.
大众去直视
You know, it's no wonder the killer chose you.
嗯 难怪凶手会选择你
You're just as hungry for fame and recognition as he is.
你和他一样渴望名誉和赞颂
Coming from a cop
你不也是想方设法
Who forced his way on to a high-profile case.
才得到这个倍受瞩目的案子吗
Hmm. I mean, it takes one to know one, right?
嗯 我的意思是 咱们这不是八斤八两吗
If the killer contacts you again...
如果凶手再联♥系♥你们
Whether you find it significant or not,
不管你觉得重不重要
You call us.
立刻联♥系♥我们
Kent, um...
肯特 嗯...
Can you...Not call me for a little bit?
你能不能... 先别跟我联♥系♥
I hope you know I care about you so much,
我希望你知道我有多么在乎你
剧集 | 邪恶之城(2015) | 导航列表