剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表
but you are not just any patient.
你的身份和我们之间的事在我脑中回放
Who you are and what transpired between us plays in my mind
非常可能会影响这双手
and very well could infect these hands.
我追求高成就
I am an overachiever.
从我能记事起 我就好胜心强
Gifted with a competitive nature and a need to excel
并且迫切追求卓越
from as young as I can remember.
我收集学术奖项
I collected academic awards
就像其他小孩收集棒球卡片一样
like other kids collected baseball cards.
拼词大赛 辩论队
Spelling bee, debate team,
雄鹰童子军 合气道
Eagle Scout, aikido--
你能叫得上名字的 我都精通
you name it, I mastered it.
我有种瘾
I had an addiction.
这个深植于心的想要征服一切的欲望
This deep-rooted need to conquer all.
有个小小的声音
You see, there's this tiny voice
在我的内心深处挥之不去
deep inside of me that cannot be silenced,
总是会想 「或许
who always thought, "Maybe...
或许如果他们知道你是特别的
"maybe if they knew you were special,
那或许
"that... that maybe...
爸爸妈妈就会来敲我的门」
Mom and Dad would come knocking on that front door."
意识到他们放弃了什么
Realize what they gave away.
我是值得他们努力争取回去的
And that I was something worth fighting to get back.
你肯定是值得的
You most certainly are.
手术室见
I'll see you in the OR.
已经超过八个小时了
It's been over eight hours.
下面是谁的播放列表
Whose playlist is up next?
电钻声对我来说就够了
Sound of the drill works for me.
我们完成后 凯恩就能上了
Once we're finished, Cain can work.
之后我们还得做化疗浴
Then we still have to do the chemo bath.
如果她麻醉时间过长
If she's under anesthesia too much longer,
她就再也醒不来了
she'll never wake up.
肿瘤完全侵蚀了骨头
This tumor's eroded through the bone entirely.
我已经尽可能地剥离出了
I've dissected as much as I can
髂骨和腰骶丛
off the iliac and lumbosacral plexus,
但是主动脉壁不行了
but the arterial wall has been compromised.
该取出来了
Time to pull.
缓慢而稳定地
Slow and steady.
稍等一下
One moment.
取出来了
Got it.
深呼吸有奇效吗
Deep breath worked the magic?
想着她的孩子们充满希望地看着我
Picturing her kids watching me, hopeful.
才有奇效
That's the magic.
我可以上了吗
You ready for me yet?
-交给你了 凯恩医生 -是时候了
- All yours, Dr. Cain. - It's about time.
把显微镜就位
Get the microscope in place.
我需要体感与运动诱发电位监测
I need somatosensory and motor EPs on the screen.
距离头部45厘米 与视线齐平
Foot and a half from lead position. Eye level.
让个地方
A little room.
我们得在你完成后再检查一下腹部
We're gonna double-check everything in the abdomen
确保我们都取出来了
once you've finished to make sure we've got it.
需要多久
How much longer?
-两个小时吗 -不用 不会那么久
- Two more hours? - Nope. Won't take that long.
我需要一些刮器 一些缝线
I need some curettes, couple of sutures,
还有麦格戴斯乐队的歌♥
and some Megadeth on the jukebox.
做脊椎手术需要甩头劲曲
Spine surgeries beg for headbanging tunes.
讽刺吗
Is that irony?
正在分离肿瘤和硬脊膜囊
Dissecting the tumor off the dural sac.
需要你在这施加一些压力
Gonna need you to put some pressure
沃斯医生
right there, Dr. Voss.
我知道骨科喜欢下重手
I know heavy equipment is Ortho's thing,
但我们的手术比较精密 所以轻一点
but you're here on the delicate side, so be gentle.
BGM: Bullet to the Brain by Megadeth
♪ She had to know... ♪
好了 肿瘤科实习生
That's it. Onc intern,
准备好化疗浴
get that chemo bath ready.
时间会比这些人预计得短很多
You're gonna need it a lot sooner than these guys thought.
-聊得怎么样 -我没事
- So how did it go? - I'm fine, yo.
我不相信你
I don't believe you.
我足以完成这台手术
Well, I'm fine enough to do the surgery.
不过就算我错了
But even if I'm wrong,
也有你在
you'll be there,
我知道你总是靠得住
and I know I can always count on you,
我的搭档
my partner.
我知道查斯汀的所有人
I know everyone at Chastain
都尽了全力来给我妈妈生存的机会
did everything they could to give my mom every chance,
我只是想谢谢你们大家
and I just want to thank you guys.
你能告诉我们道恩的术后情况吗
Can you tell us how Dawn is doing after surgery?
我们花在准备手术上的精力
Well, the hours that we spent preparing
带来了回报
for the surgery have paid dividends.
不过 道恩经历了十七个小时的手术
Still, Dawn has endured 17 hours of surgery.
她的身体正在努力修复
Her body is struggling to recover.
她还没有恢复意识
She hasn't regained consciousness and as yet,
还没能恢复自主呼吸
isn't able to breathe on her own.
她什么时候能醒过来
When is she gonna wake up?
我们现在还不能确定 但是情况乐观
While we don't know for certain, we're very optimistic.
还有 凯恩医生 我想要谢谢你
And, Dr. Cain, I just want to thank you for giving
在其他人都放弃的情况下给我们全家希望
my family hope when no one else would.
我们可能在见证一个医疗奇迹
We may be witnessing a medical miracle in progress.
让我们一起为道恩祈祷
Let's all pray for Dawn
并对这个努力拯救她的神奇的医生团队
and give our gratitude to this amazing team of doctors
表示感激
still fighting to save her.
我们会在接下来的几周里
We'll be following Dawn and Malia's story
继续跟踪报道道恩和玛丽亚的故事
over the next few weeks.
像这样的家庭 在危机中团结一心
It's families like this, bonding together in crisis,
能给我们带来鼓励
that inspire us all.
昨晚你就在这睡的吗
You crashed here last night?
对 手术很长
Yeah. Surgery was long.
我的「手术之母」病人上电视了
My "Mother of All Surgeries" patient was just on TV,
我想在回家之前看看
and I wanted to catch it before heading home.
差点就下不了手术台了
Barely made it out of surgery.
他们管这叫成功
They're calling it a success.
家人还都在一起
Well, family's still together.
或许这就够了 对吗
Maybe that's enough, right?
我不知道 伙计
I don't know, man.
你知道吗 第一天到查斯汀时
You know, my first day at Chastain,
我本来想要进肿瘤科的
I was planning on going into oncology.
不过臭名昭著的琳·亨特出现了
Mm, but then the infamous Lane Hunter came along.
她是个异类
Well, she was an anomaly.
罪犯 神经病
Criminal, psychopath.
大多数的肿瘤学家
I mean, the majority of oncologists
是关心病人并且致力于拯救生命的
are caring people dedicated to saving lives.
治疗能拯救病人时是一回事
When the treatment cures the patient, that's one thing,
但是能帮助一个病人的治疗
but what may help one patient
可能会伤害甚至杀死另一个病人
will harm or even kill another,
常常没有任何好处
often without any benefit.
在你开始治疗前
It's impossible to know where your patient will fall
很难知道你的病人会走向哪一边
on that spectrum before you start treating them.
这就是为什么有时候我会想念
That's why, sometimes, I miss being a medic
在前线跟着巡逻队做医疗兵的时候
with the patrol units downrange.
那份工作泾渭分明
That job was clear.
我们可以为我们每天所做的感到骄傲
We could be proud of what we did every day.
没有灰色地带
No gray areas.
不过
But...
所有这一切
all this
商业医疗 利益高于病人
corporatized medicine, profit over patients,
我只能把这看成另一种战场
I guess I just look at it as a different kind of battlefield.
一个我们需要一直坚守
One where we need to keep showing up,
斗争 做出改变的战场
keep fighting, keep making a difference.
不论我们的胜算有多渺茫
No matter what the odds are against us.
对
Yeah.
对
Yeah.
大牌肿瘤医生
Big-time oncologist
就是不能放手是吧
剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表