That letter... That was a coward's move.
那封信 懦夫才写得出
I know it was.
我知道
I don't understand.
我不明白
What happened?
到底怎么了
I explained it all in the letter.
我信里都写了
I stopped reading the letter after the words
我看到那句"我不能嫁给你"
"I can't marry you."
我就没往下看了
That kind of gave the end away.
那不是先把结局说了吗
You know, it's funny, I... can stand onstage
挺奇怪的 我能在台上
and say all sorts of uncomfortable,
说各种让人不舒服
embarrassing personal things.
尴尬的私事
But the thought of standing in front of you,
但一想到要站你面前
telling you...
跟你说
I just... couldn't.
我就做不到
So I wrote a letter.
所以我写了信
Like a coward.
像个懦夫
But you have to understand,
但你必须明白
when I accepted your proposal,
当我接受了你的求婚
I was fed up with stand-up.
我受够了单口喜剧
I was thinking of quitting.
我想着放弃
I thought maybe comedy was just a phase, and I could get married
我以为喜剧只是我人生一个阶段 我可以结婚
and hop down to the Gaslight once or twice a week, do a set,
每周去煤气灯表演个一两次
like a bowling league with better shoes.
就像穿漂亮鞋去保龄球俱乐部
I thought maybe that could be enough.
我以为那样就够了
And then Shy Baldwin called.
然后夏伊·鲍德温打电♥话♥来
And a lightning bolt went through me.
我就像被闪电击中一样
I just... knew.
我就 知道
This was it for the rest of my life.
这个机会 决定我后半生
No turning back.
没有后悔药
And I knew that would be a problem. How?
我知道这会是个问题 怎么会
How what?
什么怎么会
How did you know it was going to be a problem?
你怎么知道这会是个问题
Oh, Benjamin, come on. Come on, what?
本杰明 拜托 拜托什么
I talk about my life onstage.
我在台上吐槽自己的生活
My whole life.
全部生活
I talk about my parents and my children,
我吐槽自己的爸妈孩子
and my relationships and my failures,
我的社交 我的失败
and everyone else's failures,
其他人的失败
and my girdle and my sex life.
我的腰带 性生活
I have seen you onstage. Twice.
我看过你表演啊 两次
You've seen me twice.
你就看了两次
It would be different if we were married.
我们结了婚就不一样了
It would be constant.
我会一直表演
You wouldn't be able to handle it.
你吃不消的
Oh, really? My standup was the reason that Joel and I...
是嘛 我做单口就是乔尔和我...
I am not Joel. I know.
我不是乔尔 我知道
I got two feet on the guy alone.
我比他高60公分
You are both men. What the hell does that mean?
你们都是男人 什么意思
Proud men. Strong men. Did you ask?
高傲强壮的男人 你问了吗
Did you ever say, "Hey, Benjamin,
你有问"本杰明
if I constantly talk about you onstage, is that a problem?"
如果我上台会一直说到你 会是个问题吗"
No, I didn't. That's right.
我没问 那就对了
You didn't even give me a chance.
你都没给我机会
You left me out of the equation altogether.
你直接把我抛弃了
I would have been on the road.
我当时就要路演了
We would have been separated a lot.
我们会经常分开
And the coming back together would've been sensational.
那我们重聚时 场面会很煽情
Please don't go.
别走
You broke my heart, Miriam.
你伤透了我的心 米里亚姆
Do not send your mother again.
别再叫你妈来了
You never even got to see the ring.
你还没看过戒指呢
It was spectacular, by the way.
璀璨夺目 顺便说一句
I have no doubt.
一定很璀璨
Oh, yes, Anya.
是啊 安雅
And your youngest girl, Leslie,
你的小女儿 莱丝莉
is she still single?
她还单身吗
Oh, she is. Good.
单着啊 好
And is there any specific reason why?
有什么具体原因吗
Well, has she tried bangs?
有试过齐刘海吗
Oh. How unfortunate.
遗憾
Well, there must be some wonderful man out there
大千世界一定有个人在等着
just waiting for someone like Leslie.
像莱丝莉这样的女子
And she turns 30 when?
什么时候三十岁
Oh, no, there's plenty of time.
别 时间还早
Don't you worry.
别担心
Mama! Where are you?
妈妈 你在哪
In the meantime, I will put my thinking cap on.
这段日子 我会好好想想的
Hang up.
挂电♥话♥
Anya, I have to go,
安雅 我先挂了
but I will call you soon.
回头给你回电♥话♥
Being on the road has made you extremely rude.
巡演让你变得越来越没礼貌了
I cannot believe you went to Benjamin.
不敢相信 你去找了本杰明
Miriam... To his work. His work.
米里亚姆 去医院 他上班的地方
Well, I wasn't gonna accost him in the street.
总不能在大街上找他聊吧
And you went to his work to try and set him up with a girl.
你去他上班的地方 给他介绍对象
Am I getting the story right? Because I really want to get the story right
是这样对吗 因为我真的需要清楚事情真♥相♥
before I tell you how incredibly out of line it was.
然后告诉你这有多越界
Keep your voice down.
小声点
Do you know how hard it must've been for him
你知道我取消婚约
when I backed out of the wedding?
他有多难吗
I'm assuming it wasn't easy. And you had the gall,
我想应该不简单 你还有这脸
the hubris, the insensitivity to go down there
你还那么狂妄 那么没脑子 去找他
and drag him back into that all over again?
逼他再回味一次
This was none of your business.
这不关你的事
This was between Benjamin and me.
这是本杰明和我之间的事
No one asked you to get in the middle.
没人叫你来掺和
I know he didn't.
我知道他没有
I'm not gonna be talked to like this by my own daughter.
我竟然被自己女儿这样数落
You know what, I am sorry, Mama.
跟你说 对不起 妈
I'm sorry that you are so disappointed in how my life turned out.
对不起 让你对我的生活失望了
I'm sorry that you can't understand the turn it's taken.
对不起 你不明白到底发生了什么
I have certainly tried to explain it to you,
我试着向你解释了
to include you in it,
想你加入我
but you don't want to understand or be included.
但你不想懂 也不想加入
You just want to be disappointed.
你就想要失望
I'm sorry that I am a comedian
真对不起 我是个喜剧演员
and that you can't watch me onstage
你无法看我上台表演
and that you still think I'm a prostitute.
还以为我是妓♥女♥
I'm sorry that Joel left me and blew up my life,
对不起 乔尔离开了我 生活天翻地转
but he did.
但他走了
He left.
他离开了我
He blew up my life.
他毁了我的小日子
I did not want that to happen.
我也不想那样
But it did happen,
但事情就是这样
and I had to do something about it.
而我必须做点什么
And one of these days,
总有一天
you are gonna have to acknowledge
你得承认
that this is the new reality.
这就是事实
That I am, for the first time in my life,
我 此生第一次
taking charge of my own destiny,
掌握自己的命运
just like Joel is in charge of his life and so is Benjamin.
就像乔尔和本杰明那样掌握自己的生活
Maybe you need to get a life of your own
或许你该有点自己的生活
and you can stop trying to manipulate the lives of those around you.
你才会停止操控你周围人的生活
You're right.
你说得对
I don't understand what your life is
我不明白你的生活
or why you do what you do.
你为什么要做喜剧
And, yes, I do feel that comedy and prostitution are one and the same.
而且 没错 我确实认为喜剧演员和妓♥女♥没什么区别
I don't know how to explain that my daughter leaves her children
我不知道如何解释 我女儿把孩子们扔在家
to travel around with a tiny part-time plumber in a hat.
跟着戴帽子的矮个子兼♥职♥水管工东奔西走
I don't understand why it's funny
我不理解为什么
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表