Shining testament to my failure.
对我失败的昭告
You didn't fail.
你没失败
Others failed you.
是其他人让你失望了
A lot of those people are still there.
但他们都还在
In New York, in the theater.
在纽约 在剧院
And I wear flowered shorts to work.
而我穿碎花短裤工作
So, New York...
所以 纽约...
New York and I are done.
纽约和我没戏了
You know they're doing one of my plays here?
你知道这边有人在排我的戏吗
In Miami?
迈阿密吗
Local community group.
社区组织
Which play?
哪一部
Pillar of Salt.
《盐柱》
This is a very ambitious community theater.
这个社区剧院很有胆量啊
Yeah. They did a rousing production of Bloomer Girl last year,
对 他们去年兴师动众排了《布鲁默女孩》
so I'm sure they're very qualified.
所以肯定有能力演好
You should go see it. I'll go with you.
你应该去看看 我和你一起吧
We'll go together. Abe.
我们一起去 亚伯
No.
不
I believe we need to restock.
看来要补点酒了
It's nice to see an old friend again, Abe.
见到老朋友真好 亚伯
You're still a mensch.
你还是乐天派
Gives me hope.
给了我希望
Looks good.
不错啊
Looks really good.
真的很棒
Some tables, a few chairs, and this place is a club.
加点桌子椅子 这地就成酒吧了
Yeah.
对
You want to show a little enthusiasm there?
你可以稍微热情点吗
Home stretch, pal.
冲刺阶段了兄弟
You know, Mei got me that liquor license.
梅帮我搞定卖♥♥酒执照的
How the hell did she do that?
她这怎么搞定的
How the hell does she do anything?
她怎么搞定所有事情的
She just did it. So?
就是能做到 所以呢
Sometimes you need a little help. No.
有时大家都需要帮助 不
I have to sink or swim on my own here.
这事的成败我得自己负责
I played second fiddle to Midge our whole marriage,
和米琪的婚姻中 我一直是个跟随者
and I just can't do that again.
我不能再这样了
Then you need to start picking different women.
那你该选其他类型的女人
You pick conductors. You need someone who plays the triangle.
你选的都是指挥 你适合打三角铁的人
Triangle girls are boring.
那些女孩很无聊
Imogene?
伊莫金
Hi, honey!
嗨 宝贝
What are you... We just painted that. Shit.
你这是... 我们刚刷好 操
Yeah. She does that.
对 她是会这样
Good color. Right, honey?
这颜色不错吧 宝贝
We could paint the living room that color.
我们客厅也可以刷成这颜色
Because I am...
因为我...
Just as terrifying the second time.
第二次还是很吓人
These are your children, Archie.
这些是你的孩子 阿奇
I just thought, since you're not home anymore,
我是觉得 既然你不回家
you might forget who they are and what they look like.
你可能会忘记他们的名字和样子
And this is the reason you have those three children.
这照片是你有三个孩子的原因
Again, just to jog your memory.
也是帮助你记忆的
You don't think you're being a little dramatic?
不觉得你有点戏剧化了吗
Am I? Maybe. People do weird things
是吗 可能吧 独处太久的人
when they've been in isolation for too long.
就是会做一些奇怪的事
You're hardly in isolation. Your mother's there.
你哪是在独居 你母亲在啊
The kids are there.
孩子们也在
And, by the way, you wrote the wrong name on one of those pictures.
对了 有个名字你标错了
Unless you changed Eric to Pete while I was out.
不然就是你趁我在外把艾瑞克和皮特调换了
Ha! That was a test. Thank God you passed.
专门考验你的 幸好你通过了
Look, Imogene...
伊莫金
What do you think you have to contribute here, Joel?
这事跟你有哪门子关系 乔尔
Nothing.
没有
I'll be over there.
那边等你
Can we please discuss this when I get home?
我回家再讨论好吗
Oh, you're coming home? How nice. When will that be?
噢你要回家啦 好好哦 多久回呢
Tonight. What time tonight?
今晚 今晚几点
I'm not sure. I want to be up.
我不确定 我醒着等你
11:00. 11:00. Tonight.
11点 今晚11点
Yes.
对
I'll powder my nose in anticipation.
我会补妆盼着你回来
You had to bring everything down with you, didn't you?
你谁都想拖下水是吧
Imogene.
伊莫金
Go after her, Archie. No.
去追她啊 阿奇 不
Better to let her cool down. I'll deal with it tonight.
让她自己冷静 我回去再处理
You sure?
你确定
I can hit these clubs alone.
我可以自己去酒吧的
What fun would that be?
那还怎么好玩呢
It's not for fun. It's research.
不是去玩 去考察的
Checking out the competition.
了解对手情况
Oh. So no drinking.
就是不喝酒啰
Oh, no, there will be drinking.
不 要喝酒的
But sad, un-fun drinking.
不过是沉闷地喝酒
Perfect night for that.
今晚正合适
Nothing will be there tomorrow.
明天一切都化为乌有
And the girls have their piano lessons down on 12th Street.
姑娘们还要去12号♥街上钢琴课呢
No pianos, no lessons, no streets.
没有钢琴 没有课程 没有街区
You're trying to scare me. Yes, I have to.
你想吓唬我 是 我必须这样
You said the same thing when the protestors marched in the square
上次广场上有人游♥行♥你也这么说
and when the cinema showed the film about the young lovers in French.
还有那次电影院放法国恋人的故事
"It's the end of everything." But it wasn't, was it?
你说"世界末日了" 但不是 对吗
This is something entirely different.
这次完全不一样
Not slow degeneration, now.
不是逐渐地衰退
Complete and utter destruction coming like lightning
而是闪电般的全面破坏
in the space of an hour by the hand of God.
由上帝之手在一小时内造成
Hello.
你好
Now, this is more like it.
这才像话嘛
Much classier than the last place.
比上一家有格调多了
Your feet don't stick to the floor.
鞋不会黏在地板上
Let's put that on the list.
这点记下来
Clean the floor once in a while.
时不时打扫地板
Whiskey, neat. Two of 'em.
纯的威士忌 两杯
How much? Three dollars.
多少钱 三美元
For two whiskeys? Do they come with the distillery?
两杯这么贵 加送酿酒厂吗
So, not a comedy club. I'll say.
看来不懂幽默 的确
What are you doing? Make mine a double.
你在干嘛 我那杯加倍
You took your ring off.
你把戒指取了
It's easier to strike up conversations
别人觉得我单身的话
if people don't think there's a wife at home.
会更好开启话题一点
There is a wife at home.
你老婆确实在家啊
And she's gonna rename all your children.
她都要给你孩子重新起名了
Joel, relax.
乔尔 放松
What kind of conversations are you hoping to strike up?
你是想开启哪种话题
"On the town" conversations.
"城中作乐"那种
What are "On the town" conversations?
"城中作乐"是哪种
Ones that aren't about kids or with my mother-in-law.
跟孩子或者岳母无关的那种
I got this. Here you go!
我请客 给
Yeah, well, there won't be much time for any conversations.
不会有时间给你去聊天的
This is our last stop.
这是最后一站
One drink, a quick once-over, then we're home.
喝一杯 打量一遍 就回家
Sure. Sure.
当然 好
Hey, buy those girls down there a round.
请那边的姑娘喝一轮
You keeping track of the time? Yes, I am.
你有时间观念吗 有
You have to be home by 11:00. I have a watch.
你要在11点前回家 我有手表
Oh, you didn't take it off? Just wanted to make sure.
没摘下来吗 我就确认下
What, are you my mother now?
你现在是我老妈吗
You promised Imogene you'd be home.
你答应伊莫金要回家的
If you're not, then I'm the asshole.
你没回家 我就成了混♥蛋♥
You're already a little bit of an asshole, actually.
你现在已经有点混♥蛋♥了
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表