剧集 | 林肯律师(2022) | 导航列表
什么?
What?
我最不担心的就是真♥相♥ 我不要不偏不倚的陪审员
The truth is the least of my concerns. I don't want fair-minded jurors.
我希望他们有巨大的偏见 朝我这边偏
I want them biased as hell. Biased for me.
我要的是12个木偶人
I want 12 lemmings in a box.
而地方检察官那边也想如此
And the DA wants the exact same thing.
所以我得除掉他想要的人 而他要除掉我想要的
So I try to get rid of his lemmings and he tries to get rid of mine.
选陪审员就是这么回事儿
That's how you pick a jury.
嘿 刚才应付记者的手法很专业
Hey, you handled the press like a pro out there.
这也是工作
It's part of the job.
这么大的案子 可遇不可求
Case as big as this, you can't get many of those.
进了法♥院♥的门以后
[Mickey] Once you get through those doors,
这不过是一起普通凶杀案 没什么新鲜的
it's just another homicide. Nothing I haven't seen before.
陪审员进来之后会很快
This is gonna move fast once the jurors come in.
我会立刻录入基本信息 年龄、种族 我们边看边增加信息
I'll input the basics right away. Age, ethnicity, flesh it out as we go.
彩笔和便利贴 他真是来出庭的?
Colored pens and post-its, is he for real?
你知道他们写了软件干这种活儿吗?
You know they make software for that.
电脑不会听人说话
A computer can't hear how somebody answers.
-也不会阅读人的眼睛 -其实现在可以了
-It can't read their eyes. -They can now, actually.
[cellphone chimes]
[cellphone buzzes]
大老虎 吃了他们
[woman] Go get 'em, tiger.
放松 我挑过十几次陪审团了
Relax, I've picked dozens of jurors.
一切尽在掌握
You're in good hands.
我读过这是怎么回事儿
I read about how this works.
一旦他们就座 如果不被裁掉就会留下来进陪审团
Once they take their seats, they're on the jury unless they get cut.
对 我的工作就是弄清楚 裁掉哪些人 留下哪些人
That's right. My job is to figure out who to cut, who to keep.
我们的工作
Our job.
特雷弗 这个可不是电子游戏发♥售♥
This isn't some video game launch, Trevor.
这是我的领域 交给我好吗?
This is my domain. Just leave it to me, okay?
可这是我的性命
And it's my life.
我想参与挑选这些执掌我命运的人
I'd like some input into the people deciding it.
我的品牌就是由我的直觉构建起来的
I built my brand on trusting my instincts.
除非我们都同意 否则我不希望你裁掉任何人
I don't want you cutting anyone unless we make that decision together.
全体起立 尊敬的斯丹顿法官入庭
[man] All rise. The honorable Judge Stanton presiding.
请坐
Be seated.
想讨论?没问题 但是小声点 话别太多
Wanna weigh in? Fine. But just be quiet and brief.
陪审团看见咱俩吵嘴的话你就死定了
If the jury sees us arguing, you're dead.
好了 现在请第一组18位入座
All right, let's bring in the first 18.
感谢你们来到这里
Thank you for being here.
我会问你们一些问题 然后是律师们的问询
I'm going to ask you some questions, then the lawyers will have a turn.
没有任何答案是错的
There are no wrong answers.
你们唯一的义务是诚实
Your only obligation is to be truthful.
鉴于媒体的关注 本案会由匿名陪审团裁定
Now, due to the media attention, this will be an anonymous jury.
律师们不知道你们的个人信息
Attorneys haven't been provided with your identities.
如果任何人不小心说出任何个人信息
If you slip up and say anything that identifies you,
我将别无选择 只能要求回避
I will be forced to excuse you myself.
有没有什么疑问?
Any questions?
好 那我们就从基础情况开始吧
Good. Let's start with some basics.
1号♥陪审员 请告诉大家您的职业
Juror number one, tell us your occupation,
婚姻情况和居住地
marital status, and where you live.
我是一个全职妈妈 有两个孩子在读高中 离异
I'm a stay-at-home mom with two kids in high school, divorced.
我住在伍德兰希尔斯
I live in Woodland Hills.
我是个写手 基本上都是技术说明书
I'm a writer, technical manuals mostly.
我订婚了 所以可以算是已婚吧 住在卡尔弗城
I'm engaged so, sort of married, Culver City.
(技术写手)
I'm an attorney. I am divorced.
我是个律师 离异
没有孩子 住在洛斯费利兹
No kids, I live in Los Feliz.
(律师)
我是航♥空♥工程师 在洛克希德马丁工作
I'm an aerospace engineer at Lockheed Martin.
单身 住在帕洛斯弗迪斯
I'm single and I live in Palos Verdes.
我是一名餐饮服务商 已婚 住在阿尔塔德纳 有三个孩子
I'm a caterer, married with three kids in Altadena.
我是做婚礼服务的 哥们儿 可以给你个陪审员折扣
I do weddings, buddy. Give you a juror's discount.
我是个艺人
I'm an artist.
刚从俄亥俄搬到银湖
I just moved to Silver Lake from Ohio.
我还是单身
I'm single.
我研究生在读 还是个拼车司机
I'm a graduate student and a rideshare driver.
住在凡奈斯 未婚 没有孩子
Van Nuys. Not married, no.
我叫詹妮丝 是个单口喜剧演员
My name's Janice. I'm a stand-up comedian.
对不起 我不该说名字 对吗?
I'm sorry. I wasn't supposed to say my name, was I?
第12号♥陪审员请回避
Juror number 12 is excused.
不好意思
Excuse me.
上午好 我叫杰夫瑞葛兰兹
Good morning. My name is Jeffrey Golantz.
是本案的公诉人
I'm the prosecutor.
这是一起谋杀案
This is a murder trial.
被告被指控 谋杀了他的妻子及其情人
The defendant is charged with murdering his wife and her lover.
我们需要陪审团公正裁量、不偏不倚
Now, we want a fair, impartial jury.
所以 我需要问各位
So, I need to ask,
受害者有婚外情这一事实
would the fact that the victims were having an extramarital affair
是否会让在座的任何人 难以保持公正?
make it hard for anyone here to be impartial?
[cellphone buzzes]
2号♥、4号♥和15号♥在假装没事
[woman] Two, four and 15 are bluffing.
要留下
Keep them.
法官大人 加州人♥民♥ 感谢2号♥、4号♥和15号♥并要求回避
Your Honor, the People thank and excuse jurors two, four, and 15.
妈的 这家伙挺厉害
[woman] Shit, this guy's good.
陪审团遴选 是庭审这场比赛的一个部分
See, jury selection is the one part of a trial that's a game,
而且跟任何比赛一样 它也有规则
and like any game it has rules.
(公诉方回避 辩护方回避)
Each side gets ten challenges.
双方各有十次回避次数可用
你可以使用它们来剔除 任何你不想要的陪审员 但要小心
You can use those to strike any juror you want, but be careful.
因为替补上来的可能会更糟 对吧?
Because the replacement may be even worse, right?
非常对 所以诀窍是 尽可能多地节省子弹
Exactly. So the trick is to hold on to as many bullets as you can
让对方先打光他们的子弹
and get the other side to fire theirs.
还有 这是你的机会
Plus, this is your chance
好向陪审团介绍自己和你的客户
to introduce yourself and your client to the jury.
不只是作为律师或被告
Not just as a lawyer or a defendant,
而是作为一个活生生的人 所以要好好利用
but as human beings. So use it.
[Trevor exclaims] Oops.
开局不利啊 伙计们
Off to a rough start, folks.
谢谢
Thanks.
好吧 大家上午好
All right. Good morning, everyone.
我叫迈克尔哈勒
My name is Michael Haller.
那位是我的客户 特雷弗埃利奥特
And this is my client, Trevor Elliott.
我是辩护方的律师
I'm the defense attorney
我来这里是为了帮你们发掘本案事实 这样我们才能查明真♥相♥
and I'm here to help you find the facts in this case so we can get to the truth.
让我告诉你们一些关于我自己的情况
Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
我有个女儿 她13岁了 我还有什么好说的呢?
I have a daughter, right? She's 13, and what can I say?
她把我玩得团团转
She's got me wrapped around this little finger.
要是我问她 你叠被子了吗?
If I ask her, did you make your bed?
你做功课了吗?洗碗了吗?
Did you do your homework? Did you wash the dishes?
她会说都做了 而我也愿意相信她
She'll say yes, and I'll want to believe her
即使我可以看到她的床乱七八糟 或者是她的书包根本就没有打开过
even when I can see her unmade bed or her school bag unopened.
为什么?
Why?
因为她是我的宝贝女儿 你明白吗?
Well, because she's my baby girl, you know?
-有人跟我一样吧? -有
-Anyone with me? -[man] Yeah.
好的
[Mickey] All right.
有没有人对警♥察♥
Does anyone feel that way about cops?
对穿着制♥服♥、佩戴徽章和枪♥支♥的人 也有这样的感觉?
About people in uniforms with badges and guns?
即使你的眼睛告诉你 他们并不诚实
You just believe them even when your eyes are telling you
你还是会相信他们?
they're not being truthful?
[cellphone buzzes]
1号♥在诈唬 用手捂嘴是暗示听到谎言
[woman] Number one is bluffing. Hand to her mouth is a lie.
必须得弄走
Dead giveaway.
在座的各位 有没有执法人员的亲属或家人?
Does anybody here have relatives or family members in law enforcement?
1号♥陪审员 您是吗?
How about you, juror number one?
也许以前是?
Maybe in the past?
我前夫以前是长滩的警♥察♥
Well, my ex-husband was a cop in Long Beach.
他不再是什么亲戚或家庭成员了
I mean, he's not a relative or family member anymore.
他警龄多少年?
How long?
15年
Fifteen years.
如果你想剔除某个人 但是又不想浪费回避次数呢?
What if you wanna get rid of somebody, but you don't wanna waste a challenge?
有理由的话 你可以随时要求回避
[Mickey] You get unlimited strikes for cause.
而且法官可以开掉任何有偏见的人
And the judge can kick anybody for being biased.
所以你必须尝试在你的提问中 诱导出这种偏见
So you've got to try and bring out that bias in your questioning.
通常警♥察♥会尝试坚持做满20年 这样他们才能获得全额养老金
Usually cops try to stick it out for 20 so they can get their full pension.
剧集 | 林肯律师(2022) | 导航列表