剧集 | 使女的故事 | 导航列表
发泄一下
blow off a little steam
否则他们会砸碎一切
or they'll smash everything to bits.
你想知道我为什么
Do you want to know why
帮助艾米丽吗
I helped Emily?
我觉得你是因为愧疚
I think you felt guilty.
你对不起她
I think you felt sorry for her.
你想让我觉得愧疚 并且对不起你
You want me to feel guilty and sorry for you?
你会吗
Do you?
我帮助艾米丽
I helped Emily...
是因为她超乎寻常的聪明
because she is unnaturally smart
这份聪明可以造福世界
and could be useful to the world
在将来的某一天
one day.
如果你够聪明的话 你也应该上那辆卡车
If you were smart, you would have gotten on that truck.
你知道我为什么没有
You know why I couldn't.
我觉得我比你
I think I care more about
更关心你女儿
your daughter than you do.
我在为她拯救地球
I'm saving the planet for her.
我在为她
I'm replenishing
促进人口发展
the human race for her.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
我在试着做她的母亲
I am trying to be her mother!
她有母亲
She has a mother.
你见过麦肯齐夫人
You met Mrs. Mackenzie.
她是一位可爱的女士
She's a lovely woman.
她从来不和其他人的丈夫偷♥情♥
She never stole anybody's husband.
你知道吗
Do you know that she organized
她为了非洲有孤儿
a thousand food baskets for orphans
组织捐赠了上千篮食物
in Africa back when there were orphans?
你曾经做过什么帮助其他人的事
What did you ever do to help anyone?
除了给一些深奥的书籍排排版
Except edit esoteric,
那些没人会读的
useless books that no one
无用书籍
was ever gonna read instead of
也不去学校接你生病的女儿
picking up your sick daughter from school.
无用的
Useless.
是你在写深奥的书
You wrote esoteric books.
是你干的
You did that.
天啊
God.
这一定很吓人
It must be scary.
嗯
Huh?
看着电子表格上的数字
Seeing the numbers on those spreadsheets
变成真人
turn into real people?
真实的人被处决
Real people being executed?
要知道如果没人读过你的书
Knowing that if no one had read your books,
我们的生活会好得多
we would all be better off.
作为那样的人一定痛不欲生吧
It must be hell being a man like that.
比无用更糟糕
Far worse than useless.
你知道我明白了什么嘛
You know what I get it.
我明白了你为什么这么做
I get why you would do this.
我想你会把自己关在这样的房♥子里
I suppose you would hole yourself up in a house like this,
那别人掉脑袋的事当成游戏
playing games with people's heads,
偶尔做一两件好事
doing a good deed or two every once in a while,
这样你晚上就能睡个好觉
so that you can fucking sleep at night.
挖掘其他人
How tempting it is to...
的人性
invent a humanity...
是多么诱人啊
for anyone at all.
来吧
Come on.
我们开车兜风去吧
Let's take a drive.
没有大清洗
There will be no Salvagings.
他们明天就会被绑去隔离营
They're bound for The Colonies tomorrow.
所以他们都会死吗
So they'll die anyways?
只能救五个人
All save five.
我可以
I was able to...
征用五个人作为马大
requisition five to serve as Marthas.
你可真好心
Good for you.
五个总比没有强
Five is better than none.
让他们都成为马大
Make them all Marthas.
我们只有五个名额
We only have five openings.
你得去挑选
You get to choose...
谁值得
who is worthy
成为马大
of becoming a Martha.
你会得到你所需要的信息
You'll have all the information you need.
名字 年龄 职业
Names, ages, occupations,
学术造诣
academic attainments,
道德污点
moral stains.
这太蠢了
That's dumb.
谁来定义道德
Who gets to define morality?
我们只挑选最适合这份工作的人
Just choose the best people for the job.
不
No.
我以为你可能偶尔
I thought you might enjoy
会喜欢做一个有用的人
being useful, for once.
任何人都不应该死去
None of them deserves to die.
如果我告诉你
What if I told you,
你不选的话 他们都会死
if you don't choose, they all die?
我不为他们的生死负责
I am not responsible for their deaths.
你要负责
You are.
基列国也要负责
Gilead is.
术语的区别
A technical distinction
对这些女性没有任何意义
that won't mean anything to these women.
但是我明白这对你很重要
But I can see it's important to you.
比其他任何事都重要 是吧
And that's more important than anything else, isn't it?
我不会这么做的
I'm not doing it.
我不会
I won't.
关门
Close it.
哦 你浑身都湿了
Oh, you're all wet.
你得适应这个城市温和的气候
You've gotten too used to the mild climate in the city.
她忘记了我们是如何与这里的恶劣天气做斗争
She's forgotten how we must battle the elements out here.
你为什么不上楼去呢 亲爱的 换件衣服
Why don't you go upstairs, dear, and change?
我没事
I'm fine.
你要换掉这些湿衣服
You need to get out of those wet things.
不用了 我没事
No, I'm fine.
让克拉拉给你倒一些热南瓜汤吧
Let Clara fix you some warm pumpkin soup.
克拉拉 能请你让我们单独聊聊吗
Clara, can you please excuse us?
我真的希望你没有邀请那些人过来
I really wish that you hadn't invited those people over.
我很抱歉 亲爱的
I'm sorry, dear.
你告诉了他们所有关于我
You told them everything about me
和我婚姻的事
and about my marriage.
你说的对
You're right.
我不应该那样做的
I shouldn't have done that.
那你为什么还做
Why did you do it?
现在我知道了 我
Now that I know, I...
不会再这样做了
won't do it again.
我能给你做点什么吃的吗 亲爱的
What can I make you to eat, dear?
够了
Stop it!
你想我回到弗瑞德身边
You want me to go back to Fred.
我只想你快乐
I only want you to be happy.
我要让你知道我们之间是怎么回事
I need you to know what it was like between us...
别说了
No.
以及我们做过的事
And the things that we did.
那些都是你的私事
Those things are private.
那是因为你不想知道
That's because you don't want to know.
因为它们都不重要
Because none of it matters.
看看你
Look at you,
你那么有天赋
all the gifts you've been given.
但你却要让一切都
But you need everything to be
如你所愿
exactly how you want.
像个被宠坏的小女孩
A spoiled little girl.
对不起
I'm sorry.
你知道一旦没有了弗瑞德
You know there's no place
你在这世界就没有立足之地
in this world for you without Fred.
你要冷静下来
You need to take a deep breath
剧集 | 使女的故事 | 导航列表