剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
And once we were underway, we engaged in some light automotive philosophy.
开船之后
我们进行了一番轻松的汽车哲学讨论
You know, the funny thing is...
你们知道吗 很有趣的是
when you see someone driving an American car in Britain,
当你看到某人在英国开美国汽车时
you know everything about them.
你就了解了他们的一切
You know that Trump makes them plump,
你知道特朗普让他们的形象变得丰满
他们车♥库♥里会有一面邦联旗
they've got a Confederate flag in the garage...
-Yeah. -...they only drink Bud.
他们只喝百威啤酒
当你看到某人开菲亚特时 你不会认为
When you see someone driving a Fiat,
you don't think, "Well, I bet he waves his arms around
“他会乱挥手臂 并且存在奇怪的母子关系”
and has a weird relationship with his mother."
Or someone in a Volvo, you don't think,
或者开沃尔沃的人 你不会认为 “他喜欢裸体 然后和邻居一起在雪中打滚”
"Oh, I bet he gets naked and then rolls around
in the snow with his neighbors."
-Exactly. -But that's what I mean,
没错
你不会因为汽车的原产国 而对车主产生假设
you don't make assumptions based on the car's nationality at all.
No, you don't, you don't. But with an American car...
对的 但是对于美国车 绝对会先入为主
-You do. -...you absolutely do.
你说得非常对
You're absolutely right because if, for example...
让我们来假设一下 如果你看见经典的野马汽车
I mean, let's just take a hypothetical case,
if you saw a classic Mustang, say a dark-green one,
比方说它是深绿色的 开车的是理查德哈蒙德
and it was being driven by Richard Hammond,
你只能在方向盘上方看到他伸出来的脸
all you can see is his face just sticking up above the steering wheel,
but you'd still think, "I bet he's wearing cowboy boots."
但你依然会想 “我打赌他穿的是牛仔靴”
And he is. The only thing he doesn't do
确实如此
作为美国汽车爱好者 他唯一应该做
that he should as an American car enthusiast
但却没有去做的事情就是
is play golf.
打高尔夫
是吧
Yeah. Pfft!
What do you mean, "Yeeah"?
“是吧” 你这样说是什么意思?
是吧
Yeah.
-"Yeeah, yeeah." -Have you got something you'd like to share?
-“是吧” -你有什么事情要坦白的吗?
My name's Richard Hammond and I've taken up golf recently. I've been having lessons.
我是理查德哈蒙德 我最近开始打高尔夫球 我一直都在上课
-Seriously? -Yeah.
-真的吗? -是的
我买♥♥了一套高尔夫球杆 而且我一直在上课
I bought a set of golf clubs and I've been having lessons,
twice a week at my local golf course.
每周两次 在我家附近的高尔夫球场学
你为什么要打高尔夫?
Why have you taken up golf?
我的朋友们真的很喜欢打球 所以我和他们一起去试了一下
My mates seemed to be really enjoying it.
So I went round with them and I tried it.
-很难 真的很难 -我不感兴趣
And it was really, really h... it's hard.
-It's, like, honestly, it's really hard-- -I'm not interested.
And so then I've had lessons.
所以我去上了课
I was having quite an interesting...
我刚才还一直在有趣地思考
thought process there about American cars
关于美国汽车的事 现在我一天的好心情瞬间被毁了
and now suddenly, my day's been ruined.
在过去的15年里 我一直挺喜欢
Somebody I've actually enjoyed working with for the last 15 years,
跟他一起共事的某个家伙 结果发现他
it turns out, is weird.
有点奇怪
Fortunately, the conversation was interrupted at this point
幸运的是 这番对话到此就被打断了
because we had reached the extraordinary island
因为我们到了
景色非凡的北尤伊斯特岛
of North Uist.
我们在外赫布里底群岛
We are on an Outer Hebrides.
So the next island along is where Mr. Wilman
所以下一个岛屿 就是威尔曼先生所说的地方
has built his community for American car enthusiasts.
他在那里建立了美国汽车爱好者社区
我对建立这个地方的想法感到兴奋不已 我们可以开着美国车去那里
I'm excited by this idea of a...
a place where we can go in our American cars and not be embarrassed.
而且不会感到尴尬
It is like nudists.
这就好比裸体主义者
他们想不♥穿♥衣服到处跑
They wanna run around with no clothes on,
but you can't do that where everybody else is wearing clothes.
但在每个人都穿衣服的地方不能这样做
You'd feel silly.
你会感觉很傻
So they go amongst like-minded people
所以他们要去志同道合的人当中 那里每个人都在做这样的事
where everyone's doing the same.
Eventually, we reached the shoreline
最后 我们到达了海岸线 来到了岛上的最远端
on the far side of the island.
太漂亮了 你们瞧
Ooh, I say, that's rather beautiful. Look at that.
That is mighty pretty, isn't it?
这里非常美 是吧?
What the bloody hell's that lot?
那到底是什么?
What is it?
这是什么?
我在想这是不是临时舞台或座位
I'm wondering if it's some sort of temporary stage or seating.
It's plastic in the sea, is what it is.
它是海里的塑料 对吗?
-It is a lot of plastic. -I mean, look at it.
-很多塑料 -你看
Well, maybe they re-use it when there's no COVID
也许新冠疫情过去之后 他们会重复使用它
-and they have folk music on the beach. -Guys?
-还有放民俗音乐… -大伙?
-It's all washed up-- -What?
-全都被冲上来了…什么? -我收到了威尔曼的短♥信♥
I had a text from Wilman.
Right, so, that
好了 所以 他就在那座岛上建立了社区
is the island where he's built the community.
而且我猜那个尖的东西也是其中的一部分
And I'm guessing that spiky thing
over there is part of it. Can you see that?
-你能看见吗? -那边?
What, over there?
是的
-Yeah. -Wow.
但是要想去岛上 我们就得用这个建一座桥
But to get to the island, we have to build a bridge out of that.
你们觉得这是一座浮桥吗?
Is it like a pontoony-type thing, do you think?
它们里面充满了空气 所以看着有浮力
I'm just thinking they're full of air, so they look floaty.
但是应该没法承受汽车的重量吧?
Well, it's not gonna hold a car up, is it?
I don't know, maybe if you have enough of them, it would.
如果数量足够多的话 或许可以
所以那些…
-So those... -So these ones
所以这些是连在一起的 你们看…
-are already joined together, look... -Yeah, look, that's...
瞧 这就是其中的一个
Yeah, that's... that's what these... Look, that's one of these.
Yeah, they're screws.
是的 它们是螺丝
They screw together.
可以把它们连在一起
That's my idea of hell.
这简直难于上青天
这是一套巨型建筑套装!
Oh, it's a giant construction set!
杰里米 就像同时庆祝你的生日和圣诞节一样!
Jeremy, it's like your birthday and Christmas all at once!
我是说 需要多宽才能让汽车通过?
So is that wider... I mean, how much wider
than the car does it need to be?
Out of how many of these we got.
我们有多少个浮块?
And out... we've gotta go a long bloody way!
而且需要铺很长一段距离
所有的汽车都是2米宽的
All the cars are six-foot-seven wide.
Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine.
二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
不到3米
-Just under ten foot. -So your feet are foot?
所以你一只脚就是30厘米?
Uh, I don't know.
我不知道
I, meanwhile, was more interested in
与此同时 我更感兴趣的是 这个社区长什么样子
what this community would look like.
I'm guessing that...
我猜…我在想那里会有什么
It...
No, I'm trying to think what there'll be.
There'll be a motel,
会有汽车旅馆 而且每个房♥间都有两张床
and in every room there'll be two beds
that are far too big, burgundy bedspreads.
床都大得吓人 铺着勃艮第红色的床罩
There will be a sports bar with hundreds of screens
那里会有一个体育酒吧 装着几百个屏幕
all showing something slightly different but not very different.
都显示着不完全相同 但又没什么区别的画面
Everybody will talk to you in the lift.
每个人都在电梯里说话…
-升降机 -是的
-Elevator. I like that. -Yes, they will...
-我喜欢 -“很高兴认识你”
"Good to know you."
-这就是他们在美国常说的 -他们会说早上好
That's what they say when you get out of a lift.
Yeah, they say good morning...
You... you... how... You don't know me, you've just met me,
你都不认识我 你才刚见到我
-"Good to meet you"? -I like that, you have a conversation.
-“很高兴见到你”? -我喜欢聊天
But that's 'cause you're American.
那是因为你是美国人…
We got stuck into the work...
我们开始专心工作
Captain Nurk, going in.
螺母队长进去了
That must be the doer-upperer.
这准是个拧子
...pausing only for James and I to have an argument.
…暂停一下 只为了让我和詹姆斯来争论一番
这行不通的
That isn't going to work.
能行的 我已经算过了…
It is. I've done a calculation, roughly.
-粗略地算过了 -詹姆斯 数学对大海没有意义
Maths, James, has no bearing on the sea.
-Of course it does. -Do you think it'll work?
-有意义 -你认为这样会奏效吗?
-No. Not really.
应该不行
Going down.
放下来
Going down.
放下来
Oh, God. Right, that is secured.
天啊!
好 这里固定好了
-不错 -你尿在自己的高筒靴里了
Good.
You pissed in your own Wellingtons.
Yes.
是的 这样不是很有男子气概吗?
This is very manly, this, isn't it?
-This? -Yeah.
-这个? -是的
我知道
I know.
On the third morning of our endeavors,
在我们努力施工的第三个早上
we'd reached the point where we needed to borrow a boat from a local.
我们的进度已经到了 需要向当地人借船的这一步
什么?
好的 情况是这样 我们已经在这建了这个部分
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表