剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
点火!
That makes no diff... Why does that not make any difference at all?
这都没有…为什么完全没有区别?
Did you make other modifications to the fuel system
除了把氮气瓶放进去之外
你还对燃料系统做了其他改动吗?
apart from putting the nitrous bottle in?
Yes, I did.
确实改动了
What did you do?
你改动了什么?
Many things.
很多东西
He hasn't done it, has he?
他没有做改动吧?
你改了调速吗?
Did you alter the timing?
我把它调快了
I advanced it.
What would happen if I hadn't done anything to the timing
如果我没有改变任何调速 或者类似的其他改动
-or anything like that?
那会发生什么事?
I think...
我想…
那会导致混合物里的 空气占比过高 导致活塞融化
Yeah, you'd have made the mixture lean
and you'd probably melt the pistons.
Well, I'll get a grandstand view of the explosion from back here
我在后面就像在大看台上一样 可以欣赏到爆♥炸♥的画面
if I can see it round my supercharger.
但是我的视线要避开前面的增压器
See around it? Is your supercharger actually in the way, then?
视线要避开它? 你的增压器会挡着你看路吗?
Um, only in... in certain directions.
只在某些方向上会
Um, if I look forwards, for instance, yes, it...
例如 如果我向前看的话 它会阻碍视线
it blocks the view.
He can't see!
他什么都看不见
Later, I discovered another issue that had been caused by the modifications.
后来 我发现了 由于改装而造成的另一个问题
That's my tire.
是我的轮胎
我的轮胎蹭到车框的声音
The sound of my tires catching on the bodywork.
I've really cocked this up, haven't I?
我这下真的搞砸了吗?
我们继续一路向北
We continued our journey north,
against the ever-familiar backdrop of Scotland's weather.
在毫不陌生的苏格兰天气中驰骋
God really did mess up with Scotland, didn't he,
上帝确实把苏格兰搞惨了 不是吗?
'cause, "Oh, look at that. It's my best work.
因为他说:“你看 这是我最得意之作
“现在它会下雨下个不停”
And now it's gonna rain constantly."
他做出了非常漂亮的东西 然后却用一张破旧床单盖住它
Yeah, he made something really rather beautiful
and then covered it with a tatty old sheet in the form of the weather.
正如这种恼人的天气一般
It's interesting that in the Islamic world,
很有趣的是 在伊♥斯♥兰♥世界里
artifacts can't be perfect because only God is capable of perfection.
人工制品都不能被称为完美 因为只有神才是完美的
但在基♥督♥教社会中 我们喜欢这样想
But in Christian society, we like to think that God
是上帝为世界引入了不完美和缺陷
introduces some imperfection and flaws into the world
lest we should be blinded and driven mad by its beauty.
以免我们被蒙蔽 并因它的完美而陷入疯狂
James, are your side pipes putting fumes into the cabin?
詹姆斯 你的侧排气管把尾气排进了座舱吗?
他开始的时候说:“这很有趣 不是吗?”
He began that by saying, "It's interesting, isn't it,"
and then proceeded to not be interesting for the next ten minutes.
然后接下来十分钟他讲的东西都完全没趣
Eventually, though, the rain eased,
不过 雨终于停了
which meant we could enjoy a lovely view
这样我们就可以欣赏到美丽的景色…
while Hammond mended his car.
与此同时 哈蒙德在修理他的车
-怎么了? -油箱泄漏了
-What up? -That's a split fuel tank.
I don't think there's any denying that.
我想这点不可否认
Could you make it to that village down there?
-你能撑到开去那个村子吗? -可能吧
-Probably. -'Cause they'll have a petrol tank welding center,
我确定他们会有油箱焊接中心
-I'm sure of it. -Mm.
-汽油箱很难焊接 -你需要非常小心
It's quite difficult to weld a petrol tank.
You've gotta be very careful with that.
我得找点东西先把它糊上
I need to find something that I can gum it up with.
Sticky tape? Duct tape?
胶布?管道胶带?
这个提议真有意思 因为汽油可以溶解大多数的粘合剂
Well, it's an interesting proposition
'cause petrol dissolves most adhesives. So...
Yes, James, it's an interesting proposition.
-是的 这个提议真有意思 -口香糖?
Meanwhile, my car's life blood is draining away.
现在 我的车正在泄漏宝贵的汽油
Having solved the problem with some of my nicotine gum,
用我的尼古丁口香糖解决了问题之后…
我们不再看风景 而是开车驶入风景之中
we stopped looking at the view and drove into it.
I really do like this car. I like the way it looks now.
我真的很喜欢这辆车 我喜欢它现在的样子
我一直都喜欢它的样子 现在 我对它更加爱不释手了
I always like the way it looks. Now I like the way it looks even more.
非常舒服 而且它有一个卡地亚时钟
It's supremely comfortable and it's got a Cartier clock,
which is absolutely beautiful.
绝对非常漂亮
那个时钟让我很感动
It moves me, that clock, moves me with its beauty.
它的美丽外观打动了我
我们保留了多少辆电视节目里用过的车?
How many cars have we ever kept from our television shows?
Uh... Well I... well, I kept Oliver, the Opel Kadett.
好吧 我保留了奥利弗 奥佩尔卡德特
I've kept the Alfa, the Bentley and the Excellent.
我保留了阿尔法 宾利和Excellent
我只保留了我的沙滩车
I've only kept my beach buggy.
那没有多少辆 总共有好几百辆呢
Not many, then, out of all the hundreds.
I think I know what you're thinking now.
我知道你现在在想什么
I really want this Lincoln in my life.
我真的想在现实生活中开这辆林肯
我不想放弃我的里维埃拉 我喜欢它
I do not want to give up my Riviera. I love it.
What about the Cadillac?
那辆凯迪拉克怎么样?
是的 我承认它是挺酷的
Well, I will admit it may have, yes,
got under my skin a bit and I may actually love it,
我可能真的很喜欢这车 特别是现在它改装成了低底盘车
especially now it's a low-rider.
As the light faded, we found the nearest castle to stay in.
随着天色渐晚 我们找到了最近的可以歇脚的城♥堡♥
And that night, Hammond and I
然后那天晚上 哈蒙德和我决定 帮詹姆斯更换缺失的轮毂罩
decided to replace James' missing wheel spat.
And the next morning, he was very grateful.
第二天早上 他非常感激我们
Clarkson!
克拉克森!
That's a particularly shoddy piece of work.
这个非常粗制滥造
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute!
等一下
你的美国车上有两位美国明星
Two American stars on your American car...
-Exactly. -...that is an enhanced spat.
-确实 -这是一个经过强化的轮毂罩
But you could have made an effort to make it fit.
本来可以用点心让它更贴合的 这是什么…
I mean, what are these...
只是…你们把这些
Just... You've just driven
ugly cross-headed self-tapping screws into my Cadillac.
奇丑的十字自攻螺丝 钻进了我的凯迪拉克里
It's fixed, though.
但是很牢固
我们继续前往威尔曼先生的美国岛
As we continued to head for Mr. Wilman's American island,
we came across an important piece of road
我们碰到了一条 对英国汽车爱好者来说非常重要的道路
for the nation's car enthusiasts.
Right, this is Britain's Stelvio Pass,
对 这是英国的斯泰尔维奥公路
the Applecross.
阿普克罗斯公路
That's what it's called.
这就是它的名字
这是一个很好的机会
This is an opportunity to find out
how our cars will manage on an alpine road.
了解我们的汽车能否应对高山道路
科学实验即将开始
Science is about to happen.
I'm with you. A scientific experiment, yes.
我同意你的说法 这是科学实验 没错
Right, here we go.
好了 我们开始吧
我的天 老天啊!
Gawd streuth. Oh.
Yeah, that... that... that is a problem.
对 这是个问题
Um... I can't see through the windscreen because it mists up.
我没法透过挡风玻璃看清路况 因为它会起雾
另一方面 雨刷器无法♥正♥常工作
And on the other side, the windscreen wiper isn't working.
But even if I could see through the windscreen,
即便我能透过挡风玻璃看清楚
on the other side of it is the supercharger, which is dominating the view.
但挡风玻璃的另一边 还是会被增压器阻挡了视野
没法看见路况
Impossible to see...
Yeah...
是的
This specific American car is struggling a little bit
这辆美国车在英国的这个特定区域
开起来有一点困难
with this specific bit of the UK.
All right, coming up to this hairpin bend.
好了 来到了这个急转弯
先为这次挑战做好心理准备
Preparing myself mentally for the challenge.
And here we go.
然后开始吧
轻踩制动
And... braking nicely.
She's round!
转过来了!
Quite a lot of mist.
雾很大
天啊
Oh, dear.
什么?
What?
How have we ended up driving on the other side of the road?
我们怎么开到另一边车道去了?
We're about to drive into a cloud.
我们即将开车进入云端
Eventually, we reached the top of the pass,
最终 我们达到了公路的顶端
got out to look at the famous view...
下车欣赏著名的景色…
...and then set off back down again.
然后再次出发下山了
It... Oh, sh... I've gone off the road.
见鬼 我开到路边上去了!
Oh, there we go. Now...
好了 接下来…
Yeah. When I thought this morning,
今天早上我在想
"Let's go up that switchback mountain road in our two-door V8 coupes,"
“我们把双门V8跑车 开上那条蜿蜒的山路吧”
结果这跟我脑海里想的并不一样
it didn't look like this in my head.
I should have known when I put a duffel coat on.
我应该知道要穿上粗呢大衣
You don't see a Formula 1 driver getting into his car
你们没见过一级方程式车手 穿粗呢大衣开车吧?
in a duffel coat, do you?
Later that day, we reached the Isle of Skye.
那天稍晚的时候 我们到达了天空岛
天空大桥
越过大桥之后
And having crossed that, we boarded a ferry to the island of North Uist.
我们登上了去北尤伊斯特岛的渡轮
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表