剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
You've driven probably 100 miles down the Mekong.
你已经沿着湄公河开了差不多160公里了
I waved at people. "Hi!" The thing is, Hammond,
我甚至对着路人挥手打招呼 哈蒙德 有这样一个说法
it's very bad luck to change the name of a boat.
给一艘船改名字会招来坏运气的
Oh, God.
噢 天哪
Anyway, I'll leave you to ponder that.
总之 你之后自己琢磨怎么办吧
The reason why...
我们在
we've parked here in this quite tight spot
这样一个狭窄的地方停船
and come to this town is because
来到这个镇子上的原因是...
I want to tell you a little story.
因为我想给你们讲个小故事
On January 31st, 1968
在1968年1月31日
the town of Chau Doc was overrun...
朱笃镇被笼罩在
as part of the Tet Offensive.
部分春节攻势的战火之中
A flotilla of PBRs set about rescuing Americans
一个内河巡逻小队正开始营救美国人
whilst others covered the evacuation with a stream of heavy machine-gun fire.
同时其他小队用重机♥枪♥火力来掩护撤离行动
It then turned out that in a house near the hospital,
然后发现在医院附近的房♥子里
a 24-year-old American nurse called Maggie Frankot was stranded.
有一名叫玛吉·弗朗科特的24岁美国护士
Her Jeep was shot to pieces.
她的吉普车被打成了筛子
The fighting was everywhere.
周围到处都在交火
There were Viet Cong soldiers all around her house.
她的房♥子周围全是越共士兵
Some of them were even in it.
有些甚至还闯进了屋子
Special Forces soldiers brought in by the PBRs
内河巡逻艇载着特勤士兵赶来
eventually reached Maggie's location.
最终找到了玛吉的所在位置
And after a massive battle,
进过一场激烈的混战
she was dragged from the house with an injured knee
玛吉从房♥子里被撤离了出来 只受了膝盖伤
and carried to one of the waiting boats.
并被带上了一艘待命的船
Afterwards, the Special Forces soldier responsible for these heroics,
后来 做出这样英勇行为的特勤士兵
Sergeant Drew Dix, was honoured with a Presidential Citation.
德鲁·迪克斯中士获得了总统嘉奖
But the captain of the PBR
但那艘内河巡逻艇的船长
that sped her away from the town and to safety,
那个带着玛吉快速安全撤离的男人
a man called Lieutenant William H Buddy O'Brien,
名叫 威廉·H·巴迪·奥布莱恩中尉
did even better because, a year later...
他更加幸运 因为一年之后...
she married him.
玛吉嫁给了他
I should call this thing The Love Boat.
我应该称这玩意儿"爱之船"
As it was getting late, I decided to pull over
因为天色渐晚 我决定把船停在一边
and use my improvised kitchen
用我的临时厨房♥
to produce something I'd learned on a recent holiday.
做一些我最近假期里学会的菜肴
I came to Vietnam, as you know... Yes.
你知道我以前来过越南 没错
And in the mornings, I learnt Vietnamese,
我在上午学越南语
and then in the afternoons, I did a cookery course
下午上烹饪课
on how to make Pho.
学怎么做越南河粉
I mean, a lot of people think I'm just this big,
很多人觉得我只是个傻大个
blundering idiot that can't wire a plug.
蠢到连插座都不会接
That's the fella I'm thinking about. Absolutely right, I am.
我就是这么想的 说的没错 我就是这样的人
Do you like onions? Yeah.
你喜欢吃洋葱么? 嗯嗯
Now, this is good-quality beef.
你看 这可是上好的牛肉
I'm tempted to cook it a bit on the ladle.
我打算用勺子煮一点
In Pho, there are 124 different herbs and spices.
越南河粉里有124种不同的香草和香料
Erm...the... the car element
嗯...感觉汽车元素
of our car show is less prominent at the moment.
在这档汽车节目里好像不怎么明显了
Because we're on a boat talking about cooking.
因为我们在一艘船上讨论烹饪
But in a minute... Yes?
但再过一会儿... 怎么了?
...or a second, they'll cut back to James
...或者再过几秒 他们就会把画面切给老梅头
who will be talking about some mechanical thing.
他就会讲一些关于机械的东西了
You're right.
你说的没错
Oh, listen to that interesting beat.
哦 听听这有趣的节奏
My engine goes in and out of phase with the engine on the camera boat.
我的发动机和摄影船的发动机声音相互交织
Can you hear it?
你们听见没?
If I change the revs by a tiny amount...
如果我稍微改变一下转速
Right, we are good to go. Thank you.
好了 可以开吃了 谢谢
Oh, I say!
哎哟
This is not half bad.
这味道还不赖
Seriously? Or are you just being nice to me?
真心话还是客气话?
No, it is... It is genuinely very good.
真的 这还挺美味的
Look at that view.
你看这景色
After we'd had our fill,
我们吃饱喝足之后
it was time to clear up.
该收拾一下了
That's really hot! Yeah, it is hot.
这个真的烫! 没错 超烫
Yeah. Let go.
嗯 放手吧
Observe the genius that I am.
看看我的天才办法
We're not polluting the river, by the way.
顺便说一下 我们没有污染河流
That all adds to the nutrients, doesn't it?
只是稍微给河水增加点营养
That's biodegradable. That is not polluting the river.
这可以生物降解的 完全没有污染
Anyone who writes in and says you're polluting the river,
如果有人写信来说我们污染河道
I shall write back and go, "No, we're just not." "You're an arse!"
我会写信反击:"不 我们没有" "你就是个混♥蛋♥"
There they are, I think.
我觉得那个就是他们了
Yes.
没错
May, is that you coming out of the gloom?
梅 从暗处开来的是你吗?
Yes, it is. Ahoy.
就是我 哎嘿
Perfect timing, mate, we're leaving.
你来的真是时候 我们正准备走了
We've gotta go find the Mekong.
我们得去找湄公河了
Hang on, I thought we were having a Pho?
等下 我们不是要吃越南河粉的吗?
We did have one. It was brilliant.
我们已经吃了 美味极了
Yeah, sorry, I tried to save you some
没错 抱歉 我想着给你留点来着
but Richard threw it in the river,
但鼹鼠把它全倒河里了
literally threw your portion in the river.
没开玩笑 真把你的份倒进河里了
Well, thanks very much after my very arduous day.
这么艰苦的一天下来 我可真是谢谢你啊
Sadly, his day was about to get even more arduous
不幸的是 他余下的一天会更加艰难
because we had to re-find the Mekong,
因为我们要重新找到湄公河
and I was the only one equipped for night running.
而我是唯一有夜航装备的
My situation update.
好了 情况更新
I am steering by my head torch
我在用我的手电筒照明驾驶
strapped to the flagpole thing on the front.
我把它绑在了前面的旗杆上
Oh, shit. Oh, shit.
见鬼 真糟
Why do I always end up with no headlights?
为什么我总是没有前大灯?
Every bloody trip.
每一次旅行都这样
And to make things worse...
然后情况变得更糟了
Gentlemen, I have a poorly engine.
朋友们 我的发动机不行了
It's overheating badly.
它严重过热了
It's starting to backfire and cough.
开始回火 运转也不连贯了
The reason you're having all these problems
你所有这些问题的原因
is because you've changed the name of your boat.
都是因为你改了船的名字
Yes, well, I didn't change it, did I?
但又不是我要改的吧?
As I was the only one with sat nav and a proper light,
由于我是唯一一个有着卫星导航和前大灯的
it was up to me to navigate.
所以我来负责船队导航
And I just saw a little passageway. Hang on.
我刚刚看到了一个小通道 等等
There is, there is a passageway.
在这里 就是这个通道
Follow me.
跟着我
I know this looks dodgy but this is the way back to the Mekong.
我知道这看起来很可疑 但这就是回湄公河的路
However, as soon as I made the turn,
但是 我一转弯...
I realised I had a problem.
就意识到我遇到了一个问题
Not more weeds. Please God, no.
求求别再出现更多水草了
Any minute now, I'm under the boat,
我随时可能得下到船底
picking bits of lettuce out of my jets.
把卡在发动机喷嘴里的生菜挑掉
And, sure enough, 100 yards later...
果不其然 90米之后
That's me dead. I have no drive.
我被卡死了 没动力了
I solved this by paying a local to clear the intakes.
我花钱雇了一个本地人来清理进水口
And then I soldiered on with him and our translator for company.
然后我让他还有我们的翻译一起陪我继续前进
This was useful because it meant I could clear up something
这很有用 因为我可以搞清楚一些
that had been puzzling me.
困扰我很久的问题
Could you answer this for me?
你可以帮我解答一下吗?
My boat is called... Du Ma.
我的船叫做"杜马"
And everybody laughs when I go, "Du Ma."
每次我说"杜马"的时候 大家都会笑
Everybody laughs for a reason.
大家笑肯定有原因的
But it means "Boat Machine."
但是它是"快艇机器"的意思
Boat Machine?
快艇机器?
Du: boat. Ma: machine.
Du:船 Ma:机器
So, why is that funny?
所以有什么好笑的呢?
It's a similar pronunciation to
这个在越南语的发音里
"f*** your mother" in Vietnamese.
跟"cnm"差不多
What?
什么?
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表