剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
你要回家了!
Jeremy Clarkson, are you aware
杰里米克拉克森
你知道你的车似乎一路都在说话吗?
that your car appears to be talking as it goes along?
不 我不知道
No, I'm unaware of that.
前保险杠距离我所坐的地方有27公里
The front bumper is 17 miles in front of where I'm sitting.
我们一路飞驰 这些童年时期错过的细节让我们惊讶不已
We powered along, dumbstruck
at what we'd missed out on in our childhoods.
I seem to remember that in 1970,
我似乎还记得在1970年
当时的奥斯汀汽车 加热器还只是附加选项
the heater was an optional extra in an Austin.
The heater was.
而这辆车已经有电动可调节座椅
Whereas this has got electrically adjustable seats,
电动车窗 电动边窗灯 巡航控制…
electric windows, electric quarter light,
cruise control... I mean, the Starship Enterprise didn't have cruise control.
当时连星舰“企业号♥”都还没有巡航控制
I mean, look at this, automatic climate control.
我是说 看看这个自动温度控制
你可以调成经济模式 自动模式或者双模式
You can set it on economy settings
or an auto setting, or bi-level.
双模式 我们那时候 甚至都不会知道这是什么意思
I mean, bi-level.
We wouldn't have even known what that meant.
I mean, if somebody had showed me a window
在1970年代 如果有人给我展示
that moved about using electricity in the 1970s,
可以通过电控制升降的车窗
I'd have fainted.
那我会兴奋得晕过去的
Check out my lights!
瞧我的车头灯
I've got garage doors for my headlights.
大灯还带有门
What would my childhood have been like
如果小时候是坐在这辆车的后排摇摆
if I'd wafted about in the back of one of these
而不是坐在地上有洞的福特英吉利亚上
我的童年会变成什么模样?
instead of a Ford Anglia with a hole in the floor?
My dad would have been my absolute hero.
那我爸会成为我的超级英雄
我也会有光明和灿烂的前景
I'd have had a bright and sunny outlook.
Yeah...
是的
As we approached the outskirts of Edinburgh,
当我们接近爱丁堡郊区时
we were honored with the traditional local welcome.
我们有幸受到了当地传统的欢迎方式
这是苏格兰式下雨 不难料到
McRaining now. That's predictable. We've been in Scotland
我们刚到苏格兰才多久 20分钟?
for, what, 20 minutes?
苏格兰警♥察♥大概不会说 “你被拘捕了 阳光小伙”
Presumably the Scottish police can't say "You're nicked, sunshine"
because nobody would know what that meant.
因为没人知道“阳光”是什么意思
不妙 情况不妙
Not good. The news is not good.
We then decided to head for the city center
然后 我们决定去市中心…
看看我们的汽车 能否应对陡峭狭窄的粗砾街道
to see how our cars would cope
with the steep and narrow cobbled streets.
Wait a minute.
等一下
我的天!
Oh, my God!
This cannot be done.
这没法做到
The issues with my bovine differential soon caused another problem.
愚蠢的差速器问题很快导致了另一个问题
That's me. That's me boiling over.
是我的车 发动机过热了
大伙 我的车过热了
Chaps, I am boiling over.
Crikey. It's like John in Mongolia.
轰轰作响 就像约翰在蒙古一样
After I'd finally conquered the hill,
在我终于征服了小山坡之后
Hammond topped up with some precious Scottish water.
哈蒙德灌了一些珍贵的苏格兰水
And wondering how Frank Cannon ever solved anything,
我思索着弗兰克坎农 开着这辆车是怎样破案的
we resumed our journey through the city center.
然后继续旅途 穿过市中心
Oh, God above. You see what's ahead of us here?
天啊 你们看到前面的情况了吗?
Yep. Right.
是啊
好了
有点进退两难啊 克拉克森
Mm, that is a bit bum-squeaky there, Clarkson.
-还有多… -喜欢 喜欢这辆车
How close am I to that wall?
我离墙还有多远?
只有这么点儿
About that.
Um, right, I'm going to admit,
好吧 我得承认 我的车对爱丁堡来说太大了
my car's a little bit too big for Edinburgh.
I think we can put this down
我想我们可以 把这个归咎于爱丁堡 不是汽车的错
to Edinburgh's fault rather than the cars.
No chance.
没法过去
What if... we temporarily move this bin?
如果我们暂时把垃圾箱移开呢?
所以如果我现在后退…
So if I back up now...
-If you back up now... -Yes.
你可以左右调整 然后过去…
...you can swing around, you can just push...
-Mine's boiling! -Oh, sh... It is.
我的车过热了!
-是的 -天啊
Oh dear, oh dear.
Oh, no.
不
它在唱死亡之歌♥
It's singing the song of death.
Oh. Oh.
帮帮忙!
Stand back.
后退
[hums the same note as Richard's car radiator]
我们留下哈蒙德在苏格兰搜寻更多的水
Leaving Hammond to scour Scotland for more water,
I squeezed through the gap
我挤出了狭窄的缝隙
然后继续开 去给大家买♥♥点饮料
and went off to get us all a zesty drink.
Wooph.
Right. All right, what's happened here, is my door
好吧 现在的情况是 我的车门被自己卡住了
is stopping my door opening.
How's that happened? Why is it doing this to me?
怎么会这样?为什么要这样对我?
How did Frank Cannon get in? I can't get in.
弗兰克坎农是怎么上车的?我进不去
Smooth.
很顺利
Beautiful.
很好
-它之前没有挡住楼梯 -要更靠那边才对
Yeah, it was because we... It wasn't blocking the step...
Yeah, but that was... It was further along that way.
-Was it? -That was further back and this was... Yeah...
-是吗? -再靠后一点
I think the other one was in front of this one.
-另一个是在这个的前面 -就放去那边吧
-Oh, just put it that way and... -It was.
我要怎么样…
How am I gonna...
我没法…
I can't...
Oh, sh...
The whole end has come off.
整个都掉下来了
Having established that American cars
确定了在市中心开美国车 确实会有一些问题之后
do have some issues in city centers,
we headed back to a three-lane highway.
我们回到了三车道的高速公路
Whoa! Cool bridge with mist. Look at that!
雾气弥漫的酷炫大桥 快看!
然后 我们很快就到了 进行第二个测试的地点
And soon we arrived at the location for our second test.
苏格兰的纽伯格林赛道
Scotland's Nurburgring.
It's Brickyard, it's Monza.
这是砖场赛道 这是蒙扎赛道
令人闻风丧胆的诺克希尔赛道
The fearsome Knockhill.
比赛规则非常简单
The idea is very simple.
我们要用苏格兰汽车 在赛道上跑一圈作为基准时间
We shall use a Scottish car to set a benchmark time round the track
然后我们会开双门V8跑车 来尝试打破它的纪录
and then we'll try and beat it in our two-door V8 sports coupes.
The only problem we have is which Scottish car shall we use?
唯一的问题是 我们应该使用哪辆苏格兰汽车?
The rear-engine 911-style Imp?
后置发动机 911风格的Imp?
塔尔博特?复仇者?
The Talbot? The Avenger?
The AC three-liter ME? Or perhaps the little Scamp?
AC 3升版的ME?
或者是小巧的Scamp?
这真的是一个出色的大杂烩
It's a smorgasbord of excellence, that is. It really is.
经过一番思想挣扎之后 我们决定选拉风的Hillman Imp
After much head-scratching, we settled on the hot Hillman.
And strapped an old friend into the driving seat.
叫了一位老朋友坐上主驾
Right, here we go. It's a flying lap. This is what we're timing.
好了 开始 这将是飞驰的一圈 我们开始给它计时
这辆车装有1.5升大气门发动机
What we've got here is a 1.5-liter big-valve engine.
采用低前悬架 重型后悬架 93马力
Lowered front suspension, heavy-duty rear suspension, 93 horsepowers.
最高速度?每小时173公里
Top speed? 108 miles an hour.
It needs more gears.
-它需要更大的挡位 -确实如此
-It does!
是的 它就是缺这个
Yeah, I'd say... I'd say that's what it's lacking.
That is the cream of Scottish excellence in the 1970s.
那就是20世纪70年代的苏格兰优质奶油
Here she comes.
她来了
Abbie crossed the line with a time of 1:13.98.
艾比冲线了 时间为1分13秒98
然后 随着秒表重置
And then, with the stopwatch reset,
我开着这辆底特律金属大块头冲了出去
I unleashed my slab of Detroit heavy metal.
正在加速冲过起点终点线 我希望能达到每小时约110公里
Building up to cross the start-finish line,
I'm hoping, at about 70 miles an hour.
没达标 时速109公里 也算可以了
Didn't make it. Sixty-eight. That'll do.
Turning in now.
现在开始入弯
天啊
Oh, Christ.
我有点被甩到副驾驶那边去了 这是其中一个…
Oh, I've fallen onto the passenger seat slightly there.
That's one of the... Oh, heavens!
天啊!我现在…
I'm now...
摇摇晃晃地穿过这里
I'm now rolling through there.
Oh, no, I may have just slightly gone off. But I'm back on again.
不好 我可能有点滑出赛道了
不过 我又回到赛道上了
不好 我的座位塌陷了
Oh, no, my seat has collapsed.
Whoa!
A lot of... A lot of lock.
严重锁死了
Come on. Speed! Now and power.
来吧!
马上加速 全力冲刺
75! That was nearly 80!
时速121公里!差一些就能接近130了!
After this festival of roll and understeer,
在这场摇摇晃晃 转向不足的盛会之后
我们认为詹姆斯那辆 8.2升的凯迪拉克会更快
we figured James' 8.2-liter Cadillac would be faster.
但是…
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表