剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
We were all listening to Sgt. Pepper and Fleetwood Mac and Jimi Hendrix.
我们都在听《佩珀中士》 还有佛利伍麦克和吉米亨德里克斯
But in America, the family man could buy a seven-liter Mustang!
但美国的居家男人却可以买♥♥到7升的野马
观众们 这是1969年版雪佛兰科迈罗Z/28
This, viewers, is a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28.
It was Chevrolet's response to the Mustang,
这是雪佛兰针对野马的对标产品 他们认为野马有点死板
which they thought was a bit slabby.
所以他们想出了带有更多曲线的造型
So they came up with something more curvaceous.
This muscle car feels particularly agricultural.
这辆肌肉车让人感觉特别有农业风格
我们想美国人应该没意识到这一点 但我认为他们其实知道
We imagine that the Americans didn't realize that.
But I think they did.
I think they knew and they just thought, "Well, sod it. It's a laugh."
我认为他们知道 而且他们想:“糟糕 有点可笑”
That's what was great about America in those days.
这就是为什么美国的那段时期非常棒
Optimism, hope, unashamed consumption.
乐观 充满希望 毫无羞愧感的消费主义
当然 英国看见了野马 以及受它启发的所有汽车之后
Britain, of course, saw the Mustang
and all the cars it inspired, such as this one, and thought,
比如说这辆车 于是他们想 “我们也试一试” 然后推出了
"Yeah, we'll have a go at that,"
and gave us the Capri,
卡普里 配有1.3升的发动机
which was available with a 1.3-liter engine.
我们当时为什么如此文弱?
Why were we so meek?
道奇挑战者
The Dodge Charger,
这是我最喜欢的汽车之一 也是最伟大的汽车之一
one of my all-time favorite cars and one of the greats.
尤其是这辆1968年的布利特第二代版本
Specifically this 1968 second-generation version
名气来自于《正义前锋》
ofBullitt andDukes of Hazzard fame.
I mean, just look at it, it screams "legend."
光凭外观就让人忍♥不住喊“堪称传奇”
The Charger was aimed at young people specifically,
挑战者的目标群体主要是年轻人
如今年轻人喜欢的是 “更小 更温和 最好看不见
which today would mean "make it so small and bland
as to be invisible and give it the engine from a pencil sharpener."
“装上自动卷笔刀里的马达就行了”
在当时 年轻人喜欢的是 “巨大的V8引擎盖 还有喇叭型的夸张车身”
Back then it meant "give it a huge V8,
bonnet scoops and flared haunches."
他们很有趣!
They were fun!
Uh, what is a perfectly straightforward shooting weekend anyway?
什么叫做简单的周末打猎活动?
I've no idea.
我不知道
I don't think anyone in the world knows
我想世界上没人会知道
what a perfectly straightforward shooting weekend is.
什么叫做简单的周末打猎活动 周末都是各不一样
They're all different.
Uh-oh. Chaps?
大伙?
Yes?
怎么了?
-Died.
熄火了
-Oh!
Hammond, do you mind not doing that? I've had a heart attack.
哈蒙德 你能别这样吗? 吓得我心脏病都犯了
原来是松脱的制动钳弄坏了方向盘
It turned out that a detached brake caliper
had broken the wheel, which had jammed the gearbox,
它卡住了变速箱 导致发动机爆♥炸♥
and that caused the engine to explode.
But since the clock was running,
但是时间有限
Jeremy and I had to leave Britain's unluckiest driver and press on.
杰里米和我得留下这位 英国最不幸的司机 然后继续赶路
太荒谬了
This is ridiculous.
这就像开车去巴纳德城♥堡♥ 只为了看看你的视力好不好
It's like driving to Barnard Castle to see if your eyesight works.
但是 尽管如此
But despite this, we did make it
我们确实在37分钟内 从比萨快递开到了流浪汉家
from Pizza Express to Tramp's in 37 minutes.
We've made it. We have made it.
我们成功了
Oh, yes.
是的
But while we'd made it on time,
虽然我们准时到达了…
there was a problem.
但是有个问题
我感觉我们不是很合群
I'm not sure we're blending in terribly well
on this perfectly straightforward shooting weekend.
没有融入这个简单的周末打猎活动
这个嘛…
Well... It could be worse.
情况还可以更糟
-Oh.
What are you wearing?
你穿的什么?
Yeah, I know, I... I've overdone this.
对 我知道 我…我穿得有点过了
I am sweating with embarrassment.
我尴尬得一直在冒汗
Well, you're lucky. After what happened in Argentina, I can't sweat.
那你很幸运 自从我在阿根廷的遭遇之后 我已经没法出汗了
-Really? -No.
-真的吗? -真的
-不能出汗? -对 一点汗都没有
-You can't sweat? -No, not a thing.
This was inspired by my car. It's misled me.
我是受到了汽车的启发 我被误导了
威尔曼先生的短♥信♥
A text from Mr. Wilman.
A long one.
很长一段
"You have finally uncovered the main problem
“你们终于发现了
“在欧洲拥有一辆美国汽车的主要问题
with owning an American car in Europe, it's embarrassing."
“就是令人尴尬”
Mm.
We don't blend.
我们无法融入
是有点…
It is a bit.
It doesn't fit.
它不合适
“但是如果有一个社区 让美国汽车爱好者
"But if there was a community where American car enthusiasts
could live side by side with people who shared their passion,
“可以跟有同样爱好的人一起生活
it wouldn't be embarrassing.
“这就不会令人尴尬
“所以 我在外赫布里底群岛打造了一个小镇
So I've created a small town in the Outer Hebrides
where people can do just that.
“在那里就能实现这个想法 你们现在就去吧”
And that's where you're headed now."
所以 不对 他想的是一个药物依赖互助小组
-So, yes, no, what he's... -You can actually...
he's thinking a bit like a sort of a drug-dependency support group.
你知道去那里的其他人都像你一样
You go there knowing that everybody else is like you.
Exactly, every... 'Cause you obviously turn up here,
没错 因为你来到这里 像这样的汽车 就像我们刚才所做的那样
cars like this, as we've just done.
-穿着… -对吧?
Bollocks, isn't it?
人们会说 “天啊 达伦 加里和凯文都来了”
People go, "God above, Darren, Gary and Kevin are here."
But if there was a community...
但是如果有一个专门的社区…
We'll be amongst our own kind.
我们周围都将是跟我们一样的人
You could say, "Can I get a burger?"
-你可以说:“我能买♥♥个汉堡包吗?” -是的
Yeah. You can have cheese on everything.
你可以在所有东西上放奶酪
-And a strawberry on your laundry... -Yes, strawberry.
-还有脏衣服上的草莓 -是的 你还可以说…
A strawberry. -You could actually say...
没人会看你的 因为他们都这样做
And nobody will look at you because they're all doing it.
-Everyone is in the same boat. -It's brilliant.
-大家都在同一条船上 -太棒了
Well done, Mr. Wilman.
-做得好 威尔曼先生 -这个主意不赖
That's not a bad idea, actually.
-是的 受到了启发 -而且我…
That's... hmm, yes, that's inspired...
And I've just... I've just thought...
我刚想到…
如果我们要去这个充满美国特色的岛
If we're going to this island where everything's American
and everybody drives an American car,
每个人都开美国汽车…
why don't we make our cars more American?
为什么我们不把汽车变得更有美国特色?
I know your Cadillac is as American as an eagle made of cheese,
我知道你的凯迪拉克已经非常美国了 好比一只用奶酪做成的鹰
但是可以让它变得更美国
but make it more American.
我们先改装车 然后我们就去岛上
We'll modify them, and then we'll arrive on the island
in very American cars.
开着非常有美国特色的车去
He will be so happy.
他会非常开心的
I can only think of an eagle made of cheese now.
我现在满脑子都是一只用奶酪做成的鹰
Two days later,
两天后…
we set off on a 200-mile journey
我们开始了这场320公里的旅程
to Mr. Wilman's Hebridean island in our newly modified cars.
前往威尔曼先生的赫布里底群岛
北尤伊斯特岛 外赫布里底群岛
开的是我们新改装的汽车
我来介绍我改装的地方 主要是修理一下
Let me talk you through what I've done.
I focused initially on repairing things.
修了挡风玻璃雨刷器
I've repaired the windscreen wiper as best I can.
I've used waterless coolant to try and solve the overheating problems.
用了无水冷却液 尝试解决过热的问题
And then... Well, if you look closely at the front here,
然后 如果你仔细观察 在前面这里
I fitted the massive supercharger
我装了巨大的增压器 你可以看到它从引擎盖里伸出来
you can see sticking out of the bonnet.
Gains about 100 horsepower from that.
它能提供大约100匹马力
And having done the supercharger at that end,
在那端加了增压器之后
我需要从视觉上来平衡它
I needed something visually to balance it
让它成为一个连续的整体
to make it a cohesive whole.
So I fitted the Plymouth Road Runner-style wing at the back.
所以我在后面安装了 普利茅斯Road Runner风格的尾翼
Hello, viewers. I've turned my Cadillac Coupe DeVille
观众们 大家好
我已经把我的凯迪拉克 Coupe DeVille改装成了低底盘汽车
into a low-ri-der.
Three inches lower at the front.
前面改低了7厘米 后面改低了5厘米
It's two inches lower at the back,
加装了重型路虎卫士弹簧
courtesy of heavy-duty Land Rover Defender springs.
A two-and-a-half-inch straight-through side-mounted exhaust.
一个6.3厘米的直通式侧挂式排气管
Now, this was already a very cool, very relaxed car.
这本身就是一辆很酷 很惬意的车
It's now even cooler and relaxeder.
它现在更酷 更惬意了
-Uh-oh.
I may have overdone the lowering a bit.
底盘可能有点降得太低了
这辆车现在装配了 带有白字的重型轮胎 效果很好
This thing is now wearing white-letter heavy-duty boots and it's worked well.
I've also addressed my power issues by fitting nitrous injection.
我也通过安装氮助推器解决了动力问题
它的原理很简单
It's perfectly straightforward.
在汽油进入发动机之前 它不是把汽油和普通空气混在一起
Instead of mixing the petrol with ordinary air before it goes into the engine,
it's mixed with a blend of nitrogen and oxygen.
而是与氮气和氧气混合
Let's try it out. Engage system with toggle switch.
我们试试吧 使用拨动开关启动系统
让油箱做好准备
Prime the tank.
Firing...
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表