剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
事实上,据称
In fact, it's claimed
你可以从150多米高的直升机上把这辆车丢下来
that you can drop one from under a helicopter at a height of 500 feet
它的弹簧仍然能够吸收掉冲击力
and the springs will absorb the impact.
真的吗?
Really?
好吧,让我们来试试
Well, let's find out.
好的,接下来…
[Jeremy] Okay, and...
放开它
Let it go.
来了
There it is.
好吧,刚刚的状况是
Yeah, what's happened is,
我看错了说明书
I've misread the handbook.
它说的是“悬挂非常有适应性
It says that "the suspension is so compliant,
“你可以在座位上放半打鸡蛋
"you can drive across a ploughed field
“穿越犁过的田地那些鸡蛋也不会裂开”
"with half-a-dozen eggs on the seat and they won't break."
这你都能误读?
And how did you misread that?
好吧,我以为“oeuf”是法语“直升机”的意思
Well, in my mind, "oeuf" is the French word for "helicopter."
但…
But...
事已至此,我认为最好还是翻篇吧…
[Jeremy] At this point, I figured it was best to move on
继续调查法国人与自己汽车的关系…
and examine the relationship the French have with their cars.
因为那与我们的人车关系完全不一样
Because it's nothing like the relationship we have with ours.
如果我坐在自己车里
[Richard] Now, if I were in
我会看着那个空位说
my car, I'd look at that space and go,
“那太小了”, 然后去找另一个
"That's too small," and then I'd go find another.
但这不是法国人会做的
But that's not what a French person would do.
在法国这种做法完全不是极端操作
There's nothing extreme about this maneuver in France.
这就是你停车的方式
This is how you park.
你会在一周中的任何一天
You would see this any day of the week
在巴黎的任何一条街上看到这种景象
on any street in Paris.
其实正是因为这个原因
It's actually for precisely this reason
雷诺5是世界上第一款
that the Renault 5 was the first production car
配备可变形保险杠的量产车
in the world with deformable bumpers.
还不止如此.我刚买♥♥了这个洗碗机
There's more, too. I've just bought this dishwasher.
正如你所看到的,这款标致的后备箱有点装不下它
And as you can see, it doesn't quite fit in the boot of this Peugeot.
我是英国人
I'm British,
所以如果是我可能会选择买♥♥一个小一点的洗碗机
so what I'd do is go and buy a smaller dishwasher,
或者借一辆稍大一点的车
or I'd borrow a slightly bigger car,
或者选择快递配送
or I'd probably have it delivered.
但法国人会这样做
What the French would do is this,
“哦 该死”
"Oh, merde."
我的车停止移♥动♥了吗?
Has my car stopped moving?
是的 我离我想去的地方很近吗?
Yes. Am I close to where I wanna be?
是的
Yes.
好的 我的车停好了
Well, then I'm parked.
事实是,与其他任何地方都不同
The fact is, that in France, unlike almost
在法国,车子并不会
anywhere else, the car is simply
被视为身份的象征
not seen as a status symbol.
如果你买♥♥一辆昂贵的汽车,则被认为是小资行为
If you buy an expensive car, it's considered bourgeois.
如果你好好保养它…
And if you look after it,
会被认为很恶心
that's disgusting.
英超的世界提供了有力证据,因为现在我手里拿着的
And the world of Premier League football backs this up, because what I have here
是威廉的照片,他是巴西人
is a photograph of Willian, who's Brazilian,
驾驶着他的宾利
driving his Bentley.
然后是伊布拉希莫维奇
And then there's Ibrahimovic,
他是瑞典人 他有一辆兰博基尼
who's Swedish, he has a Lamborghini.
德国人厄齐尔有一辆保时捷
Ozil, who's German, has a Porsche.
马库斯拉什福德是英国人,他有一辆高配版路虎揽胜
Marcus Rashford, who's British, has some kind of trixied-up Range Rover.
然后我有一张坎特的照片,他是法国人,正在开
And then I've got a photograph here of Kante, who's French, driving
他的迷你.
his MINI.
有轻微的撞痕,可能是停车时弄的
That he's crashed slightly, probably while parking.
你可能会问:“那总统呢?”
And you might say, "What about the President?"
“他开车出行时总不可能是
"No way is he going to drive around
“开一辆小型掀背车吧”
"in a small hatchback."
错!因为我这里
Wrong! Because what I've got here
有一张密特朗总统的照片
is a photograph of President Mitterrand
坐在雷诺5中!
in a Renault 5!
看看呀!
Look at that!
“不,我没有司机"
[in French accent] "No, I don't have a chauffeur"
"我也不想要一辆大车"
"and I don't want a big car."
“那是小资行为.令人反感
"It's bourgeois. It is revolting.
“要怎么形容"
"How you say,"
“令人恶心”
"the sick."
这就是为什么法国汽车制♥造♥商
[Jeremy] This is why no French car maker
从来没有生产过大型越野车
has ever made a large off-roader.
美国人有.日本人有
The Americans have. The Japanese have.
瑞典人有
The Swedes have.
德国人有 我们有
The Germans have. We have.
连意大利人都有
Even the Italians have.
但法国人没有
But not the French.
他们的观点是
Their view is that
如果你想去那边的山顶
if you want to go to the top of that hill over there,
你只需要使用普通的家用车
you'd just use your normal family car.
前几天我们在办公室
[Jeremy] Was talking to a girl in our office
和一个法国女孩聊天
the other day, who's French.
她说她父母从来没有卖♥♥过车
And she was saying that her parents have never sold a car.
买♥♥一辆雷诺5,开到它坏掉为止
Buy a Renault 5, run it until it breaks,
报废它,然后买♥♥一辆雷诺Clio继续开到它坏掉
scrap it, and then buy a Renault Clio and run it until it breaks
然后报废它,如此循环往复
and scrap it, and so on and so forth.
如果你不用担心自己车的二手价值
If you're not worried about the second-hand value of your car,
感觉是一种很大的解脱
it's so liberating.
在法国,只有百分之四的人
[Richard] In France, just four percent of people
会手洗他们的车
wash their cars by hand.
百分之四.只有这些
Four percent. That's it.
在周日早上,你在法国不会做的事
On a Sunday morning, what you would not do in France
就是在路边早起洗车
is get up early to wash your car on the drive
因为你的邻居会讨厌你
because your neighbors will hate you.
我那所有早起洗车的周日早晨…
All those Sunday mornings I've got up early to wash...
我要帮他过去
[Jeremy] I'll just give him a hand through here.
真不错
Lovely.
谢谢您 先生
Merci, monsieur.
我在看哈蒙德的车
I'm looking at Hammond's car.
被杰里米推了一下以后都是坑
It's all stoved in from Jeremy's push.
我会皱眉蹙额.因为我是英国人,但…
And I'm wincing. Because I'm British, but...
如果你是法国人,这就是汽车应有的样子
If you're French, that's just what a car looks like.
看,现在我们要进入树林了
Look, now we are going into the woods.
我可以通过那棵树吗?
Can I clear that tree?
开着我的车
[Richard] Driving along in my car,
去我需要去的地方
going where I need to go.
如果我乘坐价值十万英磅的梅赛德斯G级越野车来到这里
If I was coming down here in a 100-thousand-pound Mercedes G-Wagon
我会担心刮伤车漆
I'd be worried about scratching the paint.
但我开的不是G级越野车,我开着我的面包车
But I'm not in a G-Wagon, I'm in my van.
我的意思是,车漆对法国人来说
I mean, paint is, to the French,
就好像新车买♥♥来时带着的包装纸
the wrapper that the car comes in when it's new.
我17岁那年
When I was 17,
参加过一次英法交换生项目
on a French exchange trip,
我住在一个法国家庭里.他们的儿子和我同龄
I was staying with a French family. They had a son my age.
他们给他买♥♥了一辆全新的菲亚特熊猫
And they bought him a brand-new Fiat Panda.
一辆新车
I mean, a new car.
当我和他们坐在外面晒太阳时
And as we sat outside in the sun, me and them,
他五岁的弟弟在向着那辆熊猫
his kid brother, five years old, was throwing stones
扔石头
at the Panda... -[imitates thud]
然后一块车漆会被砸掉
And a chip of paint would come off.
好吧,如果那是我
Well, if that had been me
17岁刚拿到新车?我可能会抄起手头的任何东西
at 17 with a brand-new car, I would have beaten him to death
打死我弟弟
with anything that came to hand.
这个17岁的小伙子不在乎
This 17-year-old lad didn't care.
“他只是在往车上扔石头而已
[in French accent] "He's flicking stones at the car."
“车漆脱落时它会发出动听的声音”
"It makes a nice noise as the paint comes off."
搞什么?
What?
很快,我们就到了中点
[Jeremy] Soon, we reached the halfway point,
在那里我展示了雪铁龙柏林戈的派对技巧
where I demonstrated the Citroen Berlingo's party trick.
是约翰!
It's John!
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表