剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
I needed the space ordinarily taken up by the lights for these snorkels,
原本车灯的位置 我要用来放涉水喉
which I've fitted so the car can now wade through about six feet of water.
装上之后 我现在大约能涉水1.8米
Moving further back, big chunky tyres
在后面 装了厚实的大轮胎
but the wheels are actually smaller.
但其实轮圈比原来小
Now, that meant the original brakes wouldn't fit,
所以原装的刹车盘不合适
had to remove those, replace them with the brakes from a Golf GTI.
只好拆掉 换成高尔夫GTI的
Then I moved the brake and fuel lines inboard
再把刹车和燃油管路内置
to give them extra protection, and removed the air suspension,
提供额外的保护 拆除了空气悬挂
replaced it, in fact, with long travel shocks and steel coils.
换上了长行程减震器以及钢簧
You did all that in two days? Well, it was that workshop.
这些改装只用两天?是汽修店的功劳
I don't know, it was just so wellequipped. It was wellequipped.
那店装备充足 确实齐全
So I was able to do, I think, a pretty thorough job.
所以让我可以做彻底的改装
I am genuinely impressed.
我真的非常惊讶
I'll tell you what. What?
我跟你说 什么
This is what life is like... outside the EU.
这就是欧盟以外的生活景象
We were in the EU on Réunion, smooth roads. BMWs.
留尼汪岛还属于欧盟 路况平坦 都开宝马
"Would you like a glass of Chablis?"
"你想喝一杯夏布利吗"
Here... Yeah! Oh, sorry.
在这里… 不好意思
Would you like some food poisoning?
"你想来点食物中毒吗"
As we discussed post-Brexit life, our colleague arrived.
正在讨论脱欧生活时 我们的同事到了
O-K.
女子 口巴
Yep, the flag and...?
是的 这旗子 还有呢
And a number of other changes.
还有一些别的改动
OK, I'll talk you through it. I've painted it black, skull and crossbones.
我讲解一下 车涂成了黑色 加上头骨和骷髅图案
There is a flag, yes.
这里有一面旗子 对的
Full external roll cage
全套外置防滚架
and if this isn't strong enough,
如果这还不够
I've replaced the front and rear crumple zones with girders.
我还把前后溃缩区换成了防撞梁
I've raised the suspension by 19 inches
我把悬架加高了48厘米
to give it 23 and a half inches ground clearance.
让车可以离地60厘米
And then if you look closely...here, the corners.
然后 你们仔细看 这些角落…
Oh, yes.
是啊
you know what he's done?
你知道他干什么了吗
It's genius is what I've done. Look at it.
我做的可是天才改造 瞧瞧
He's uninvented the wheel. You have, you've put triangles on.
他让轮胎返祖了 确实 你装上了三角形的履带
Having sorted all that out, we got back to the main problem: the code.
介绍完改装内容 我们回到主要的挑战 破译密♥码♥
I'm presuming, May, because you haven't done very much with your car,
梅 我猜你没怎么改装你的车
you've devoted quite a lot of time to working out where in Madagascar this treasure is.
是因为花了很多时间破译宝藏的地点
This non-existent treasure is buried.
找这个不存在的宝藏埋在哪了
Indeed. Yes? And where is it?
确实如此 是吧 那它埋在哪
No idea. You still don't know?
不清楚 你还没搞清楚吗
Not a clue. It's still two-headed dogs and lemons and parrots and things.
毫无头绪 还是那句双头犬 柠檬和鹦鹉之类的
You do know they actually arrested La Buse on Madagascar in an area called Libertalia,
你们知道其实拉布斯是在马达加斯加的一个叫莱伯塔利的地方被抓的吧
which is like a pirate commune where they lived
那里是个海盗镇一样的地方
and they had rules of society and everything.
他们还有一整套社会规矩
So it stands to reason that's probably where he buried his treasure when they arrested him.
按道理说 他被抓的地方就是埋藏宝藏的地点
Have you known that since you were ten as well?
这事情你也是十岁就知道了吗
Er, yeah, yeah, I have.
是的 没错
Is there anything else you've known since you were ten
那你十岁时还知道哪些事情
which would be relevant to us now that you ought to tell us?
是跟现在的解密有关 应该告诉我们的
No, that's it. So this Libertalia?
就这个了 所以这个莱伯塔利
Yeah. Where is it?
对 在哪里
North of here. How far north of here?
从这往北 往北多远
100 miles.
一百六十公里
You actually know where it is? Yeah, north of here.
你知道具体♥位♥置 对 往北就是
100 miles north of here.
从这往北一百六十公里
But you didn't say that three days ago.
那三天前你怎么不说呢
Again, you have to take your time with a thought,
我说了 要三思而后行
make sure it's ready, turn it around, look at it.
确保时机成熟 还要从不同的角度去分♥析♥
don't want to make a fool of myself, rushing.
我可不想因为着急让自己出洋相
And so, armed with Captain Jack Hammond's new information, we set off.
于是 我们带着杰克哈蒙德船长的新信息出发了
I've taken one of the finest performance cars of its time,
我拿这台当代最精良的性能车之一
a scalpel, and turned it into a chainsaw.
将它从精密的手术刀 改成了粗旷的链锯
"Oh-arr, oh-arr, Jim lad." I just don't get pirates.
"嗷嗷 吉姆老兄" 我真的没法理解海盗
You tell Tom Hanks that pirates are romantic and interesting...
如果你跟汤姆汉克斯说海盗非常浪漫有趣
They're not. They're just... floating burglars.
他会说不是这样的他们只是漂在海上的窃贼
Got a light here telling me that there's a fault with my air suspension.
这里的指示灯告诉我空气悬挂出了问题
I know, I've removed it.
我知道 因为我把它拆掉了
But why had I removed it?
但是我为什么要拆掉它呢
Because contrary to what James had said, the roads were fine.
跟詹姆斯所说的大相径庭的是 这里的路况不错
Not sure I needed to raise my car much for this very smooth Tarmac.
这条柏油路如此平坦 我不确定有必要把底盘抬这么高
Er, James? Yes, what's your point?
詹姆斯 在 你想说什么
Because of you, I've prepared my car for Armageddon
就是因为你 我才把车改成了应对世界末日的程度
and you've brought me to a tea party.
结果你却带我来参加茶话会
All right, look at this. Big test for the Bentley.
好了 瞧瞧这个 给宾利的大挑战
There it is.
就是这样
Jeez, I feel like Ranulph Fiennes here.
我感觉自己像是探险家兰奴夫费因斯
Look at me! Look at what I've done.
你瞧我都干了些什么
Just because he befriended some girl in a floaty skirt,
就因为他交了某个穿轻飘飘裙子的女孩
I've ruined my hot hatch.
我就把我的小钢炮给毁了
We should have known that a friend of James' wasn't going to be an explorer.
我们早该知道能做詹姆斯朋友的不会是探险家
The worst thing that happened is a daffodil fell out of her bicycle basket and she panic
她遭遇的最坏情况 只不过是水仙花从自行车的篮子里掉出来了而已
"Oh, this is terribly rough. It's absolutely awful."
于是她惊慌失措地说"这路况也太差了 差得可怕"
As we headed out into the countryside, we hoped the roads would get worse...
随着我们深入农村地区 我们希望路况会变差
But no.
结果未能如愿
Hello. Bonjour.
你好
They're all looking at me and thinking, "What, is he mad?"
他们都看着我心想 "他疯了吗"
Look at that lovely road.
瞧瞧这个平坦的路况
What were we thinking?
我们都怎么想的
We took off-roading advice from Jane Austen.
我们让简奥斯汀给我们提供了越野建议
"Oh, James, I went to Madagascar and the roads were nothing like they are in Devon."
"詹姆斯 我去过马达加斯加 那里的路况可比不上德文郡呢"
Bonjour. Please, stop building roads!
你好 请不要再修路了
No more road surface.
不要再有平整的路面了
Oh, God. We've completely overdone our cars.
天啊 我们是彻底过度改装了
They look good. But they're not necessary and nor is the journey.
它们看着很帅 但毫无必要 这趟旅途本身也没有意义
70% of the Madagascan population
马达加斯加有百分之七十的人口
exists on less than a dollar a day.
每天的生活费不足一美元
So if there were a seven-foot golden cross studded with rubies buried somewhere,
如果这里埋藏着一个2.1米高 镶嵌着红宝石的金十字架
I'm fairly confident someone would have found it by now.
我很确定早就有人把它找出来了
Oh, and another thing: buried treasure...
还有一点 就是埋藏的宝藏这件事
in all of human history, not a single ounce of buried treasure
人类历史上那些被埋藏的宝藏
has ever been found, ever.
从来没有人找到过哪怕一丁点
As I complained about our mission, the road did suddenly get rougher.
在我抱怨这次行动时 路况突然恶化了
Oh, yeah, that is a pothole.
好吧 这里有个坑
That is a definitely a pothole and that's another one...Ooh.
这绝对是个坑 这又来一个…
O-K.
好吧
In the Ford tank...
在福特牌坦克里
I thought my mods would shine in this new rough terrain.
我以为我的改装会在新出现的恶劣地形派上用场
Sadly, however...
但不幸的是…
Slight hitch here. I put my car on tracks,
有点小问题 我的车装上了履带
but what I'm having trouble with
但是履带里的小轮子
is the little wheels inside the tracks
却出现了问题
that keep... Well, they're coming off because we're driving on a hard road
由于我们走的是硬质路面 这些小轮子总是往下掉
and these hard edges of the potholes smash them off.
这些坑的坚硬边缘把小轮子撞下来了
The simple fact is, these tracks, brilliant as they are,
显而易见 这些履带虽然设计巧妙
are made for use on mud and snow.
但只适合在泥路和雪地里用
Off road. Not Tarmac.
是用来越野的 不适合柏油路
Hammo, you've lost another one. Oh, God.
哈蒙德 你又掉了一个轮子 天啊
In the Caterham, it wasn't just the potholes that were annoying...
坐在卡特汉姆里让人头疼的不光是路上的坑
It was so dusty, it felt like I was driving in a hot Hoover bag.
灰尘太大了 感觉我像在燥热的吸尘器集尘袋里开车一样
Ugh, dust and stuff getting in my eyes is appalling. I'm gonna have to find some goggles.
灰尘进眼睛进得太严重了 我必须得找一副护目镜
Life in the Bentley, however, was fine.
待在宾利里却挺舒服的
I'm starting to really like this car.
我开始喜欢上这辆车了
Now it's got a bit of mud on it, it's starting to look like an MFB
现在车上沾了些泥巴 连看起来都像是一辆MFB了
and in case you don't know what MFB is,
如果你不知道什么是MFB
it's what Samuel L Jackson would call his Bentley if he had one.
这是塞缪尔杰克逊会给自己的宾利起的名字
Properly pretty villages.
这个村庄还不错
Melon shop. Melons, melons, melons.
西瓜店 西瓜
Numberplate shop.
车牌店
That is a shop where you can get numberplates made up.
这里有个店还可以帮你做车牌
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表