剧集 | 帮帮我托德(2022) | 导航列表
她干这行就是为了赚钱
She's only in it for the money.
而且这样对我们的
And how would that look
大客户来讲像什么样子 好像我们在抛售似的
to our A- list clients? Like we were selling out?
不 我是绝对不会代表贝琳达·塔特尔的
No, I will absolutely not represent Belinda Tuttle.
贝琳达·塔特尔 先生 很高兴认识你
Belinda Tuttle. Esquire. Nice to meet you.
我是来见玛格丽特·莱特的
I'm here to see Margaret Wright.
好 我这就通知她你到了
Okay, I'll just let her know that you're here.
没事 别麻烦了
Oh, it's okay, don't worry about it.
她知道我要来
She's expecting me.
顺带一提 喜欢你的上衣
Love your blouse, by the way.
贝琳达·塔特尔
Belinda Tuttle.
你好啊
Hello.
贝琳达·塔特尔
Belinda Tuttle. Ta- da.
这梯子可得放稳了
Make sure this is sturdy.
从梯子上掉下来的平均赔偿是12万5
My average recovery for a ladder fall is 125K.
你好
Hello.
很高兴认识你
Enchantee.
松脱的电线就是魔鬼的游乐场
Uh, loose wires are the devil's playground.
小心了人们
Look out, peoplel
这种布置不符合人体工程学
This setup is not ergonomic.
当你患上腕管综合征时
When you develop carpal tunnel,
你就要
and you will,
给我打电♥话♥
call me.
你一定就是玛格丽特了
You must be Margaret.
是 妈 这位就是贝琳达·塔特尔
Yes. Mom, this is Belinda Tuttle.
贝琳达·塔特尔 你在广♥告♥上应该看到过我
Belinda Tuttle. You might know me from my ads.
有麻烦 找塔特尔
"Trouble? Call Tuttle. "
我知道你是谁
Yes, I know who you are.
你这广♥告♥词特别上头
Your jingle just burrows right into the brain.
进来吧
Come in.
那么
So, uh,
托德告诉我说
Todd tells me that you're having
你可能惹上了官司
some sort of legal trouble, or...
你听说过里昂·丁克斯吗
Well, you heard about Leon Dinks?
就是在超♥市♥里摔倒的那个
The man that fell at the grocery store?
不是我的领域
Not my area.
他多年前曾是我的客户
Well, he used to be a client of mine, years ago,
栏杆松动事故
a loose railing accident.
但这次他摔倒后死了
But this time he fell, and he died.
非常遗憾
Oh, I'm so sorry.
他妹报了警
His sister went to the police.
里昂跟她说 他参与了
Leon told her he had been recruited
假摔骗局 而这骗局是我搞出来的
for a fake slip- and- fall scam, and that I was behind it.
是你搞出来的吗
Oh, and were you? Behind it?
当然不是
Of course not.
我知道人们怎么评价我
I know what people say,
但我不是那种趁火打劫的事故律师
but I'm not an ambulance chaser.
这我倒没听说
Oh, I hadn't heard that.
无所谓 我知道自己是什么人
Well, I don't care. I know who I am.
我是个好律师
I'm a good lawyer
也很成功
and a successful one.
好吧 也许我代表的一些委托人
Okay, maybe some of my clients that I represent
是夸大了他们的伤势
exaggerate their injuries,
但我绝对不会让他们故意伤害自己
but I would never ask anyone to injure themselves.
我有什么必要搞个骗局出来毁了自己拥有的一切呢
Why would I risk everything for a stupid scam?
我明白你的意思 但我的案子已经排满了
I see your point, but, uh, my docket is full.
我需要一个厉害的律师
I need a great lawyer.
外面肯定有合适的律师
Well, the right attorney is out there somewhere.
他们指控我过失杀人
They charged me with manslaughter.
我去了12家律所 他们都不肯接
I've been to 12 firms, they've all turned me down.
玛格丽特 我需要你的帮助
Margaret, I need your help.
我理解 真的
I understand. I do. Mm...
听着 不只是我 如果我败诉
Listen, it's not just me. If I fail,
我的所有员工都失业了
all of my employees are out of jobs.
我
MARGARET: I, uh...
同情你的两难境地 但是 听着
I appreciate your dilemma, but- - Listen,
我按正常价格给你双倍
I'll double your normal rate.
现金 预付
In cash. Up front.
克莱斯特 弗丁&莱特律师事务所欢迎您
Welcome to Crest, Folding &Wright.
妈 跟贝琳达合作绝对是个大错
Mom, working with Belinda is a huge mistake.
我们不能接啊
We got to get out of this.
也许我们该做掉她
Maybe we should bump her off.
你还干过这事呢
Have you ever done that?
你反应过度了
MARGARET: You are overreacting.
贝琳达就是个需要帮忙的委托人
Belinda a client who needs help.
你不会真的觉得她主导了骗局吧
You don't actually think she's part of this scam, do you?
妈 你自己也说过
Mom, you said it yourself.
你认为咱们的大客户在大厅里见到贝琳达
You think your A- list clients are gonna be
他们还会推荐我们吗
giving us referrals when they see Belinda in our lobby?
不 我们跟她不一样
No. We're not like her.
妈 你和我 不包括他
Mom, you and I- - not him- -
我们是顶级人士
we are top- shelf people.
贝琳达在这 我们 贝琳达
Belinda's down here. Us. Belinda.
我们 贝琳达 赖尔
Us. Belinda. Lyle.
你明白我的意思吧
You know what I mean?
托德 这事已经定了
Todd, it has already been decided.
而且贝琳达的提审就在今天下午
And Belinda's arraignment is this afternoon,
我们得抓紧了
so we need to get moving.
我的天
Oh, my God.
在我看来 指证贝琳达的证据非常的薄弱
Now, the evidence against Belinda seems very thin to me.
所以我的抗辩是 因为她的声誉
So I will be arguing that because of her reputation,
检方被偏见蒙蔽了双眼
the prosecution is blinded by their own bias.
如果这是个骗局
And if this is a scam,
而贝琳达与此无关
and if Belinda is not a part of it...
能证明她无辜的最好方法
The best way to prove her innocence
就是找到真正的幕后黑手
is to find the real mastermind.
没错 真棒 赖尔
Exactly. Good, Lyle.
是 棒棒哒 《糊涂大侦探》
Yeah, excellent work, Inspector Clouseau.
但以我对贝琳达的了解
But if I know anything about Belinda,
她可是触怒了不少人
and I do, she's stepped on a lot of toes.
简直就是众矢之的
It's Toe- mageddon.
如果你非要我接这个案子 那我就去查查看
And if forced to work this case, I guess I could do some digging
是不是有人想要报复她
and see if someone's trying to get back at her.
很好 托德 报复绝对是其中一个可能
Good, Todd. Revenge is certainly a possibility,
但是对这类骗局
but the one thing that we know for certain
有一点是肯定的
about scams like these is
那就是这一切都与钱有关
that it's all about the settlement payments.
所以 赖尔 你来查查资金流向
So, Lyle, you will be on the money trail.
很遗憾 我们可查的东西不多
Unfortunately, we don't have a lot to go on,
所以我们需要找下那个
so we'll need to bring in that, um,
司法♥会♥计师 亚历克斯
that, uh, forensic accountant. Alex!
我是说
Uh, I mean, uh,
亚历克斯·帕克
Alex Parker.
是个
is a.
合适的人选
solid candidate.
这就是个大错 她犯了个大错
This is a big mistake. She's making a big mistake.
不是吧 我们连点心都不备了吗
Wait, we don't even have any pastries?
真好 棒极了 今天本该是个开心的日子
Great. Great day. It was supposed to be a great day.
嘿 两位
Hey, guys.
玛格丽特现在责任更重了
Margaret has more responsibility now,
她现在很多事要忙 而你们
and she's got a- a lot on her plate, and you.
是 但我感觉她根本就不肯听我讲
Yeah, but I feel like she's not even listening to me.
事实就摆在眼前她却视而不见
She can't see what's right under her nose.
对吧 没错
Right? Right. Exactly.
我的生意起步
I mean, it's hard enough getting
已经够难的了 选择贝琳达绝对是个错误
my business off the ground. Belinda is a mistake.
高级助理是我应得的职位
I deserve to be senior associate.
我才不会就这么轻轻放过 等等
I'm not gonna just move on. Wait.
你觉得要想让玛格丽特知道她犯了多大的错
You think I should show Margaret what a big mistake...
所以你的意思是想要保护我的声誉
So, you're saying, to protect my reputation...
剧集 | 帮帮我托德(2022) | 导航列表