Yes. And a bit of a hard-ass
对 而且面对你最好的朋友时
when it comes to some of your closest friends.
你有点不近人情
It's a day or two. You'll be fine.
再过一两天 你就会没事的
I went through the files.
我看了一遍档案
The D.A. had a pretty strong case against him.
检察官的立案坚不可摧
Rick was a broke alcoholic,
瑞克是个破产的酒鬼
and his wife had an insurance policy
而她妻子的人寿保险
worth 750,000 bucks.
价值七十五万
The clincher... is the arson report.
关键是纵火报告
They found acetone on his pants.
他们在他裤子上发现了丙酮
It's the same accelerant that was used to start the fire.
跟点火所用的助燃剂相同
When we were kids,
当我们还小的时候
Rick would give you the shirt off his back.
瑞克十分乐于助人
He took a lot of hits
他为了保护他妹妹
protecting his sisters from his dad.
而挨了他爸爸不少打
If the science says he did it, he did it.
如果科学说是他干的 那就是他干的
All I promised him was a fair look.
我只答应他帮他看看案子
Well, I guess we should get started.
我觉得我们应该开工了
And when I say "We," of course, I mean the two of you
我说的"我们"当然是指你们两个
because I'm not cleared for duty, so...
因为我还不能参与案子 所以...
Good luck. Good night.
祝你们好运 晚安
Sleep well.
睡个好觉
I did not see that coming.
我没想到她会这么说
Thanks for coming in on Sunday.
多谢你星期天还来工作
No problem.
没问题
I just figure while Maura's looking at the forensics,
我只是想在莫拉看法医证据时
it wouldn't hurt to take another look at the shoe leather.
我们看看别的证据也无妨
I was just sitting here for a minute.
我只是在这坐了一会儿
Like we talked about --
就像我们说过的那样
better than leaving it empty all the time.
总比让它一直空着好
Well, the table was pretty packed anyway.
反正这桌子到处都塞得满满的
Yeah, where'd that come from?
那些是从哪来的
I brought up the archives in case we needed them.
我把档案拿来了 以防我们用得上
Did you know them well?
你跟他们熟吗
I never even met the wife.
我从没见过他妻子
Saw Rick and his daughter in a park a couple times.
在公园里见过瑞克和他女儿几次
A cute kid.
是个可爱的孩子
So I've been through the interviews with Rick.
我看了瑞克的审讯录像
Over five days, he never once changed his story.
五天里他从来没有改过口
He said he got drunk and blacked out like most nights,
他说他像平常一样喝得不省人事
came to coughing up smoke in the yard.
在院子里被烟呛醒
The son, Jason, was lucky that tree
他儿子 杰森 非常幸运
was right outside his bedroom window.
窗外刚好有一棵树
I doubt it felt lucky at the time.
我猜他那时可不觉得幸运
Yeah. Were you able to track him down?
你找到他了吗
He's married with a baby. They live in Dedham.
他已经结婚生子了 他们住在德汉姆
You gonna talk to him?
你要去找他谈吗
Not unless we find something.
除非我们有什么发现
The kid's been through enough.
那孩子经历得已经够多了
If we don't get traction,
如果我们没找到突破口
we're gonna do this for one day. That's it.
那我们就只浪费一天时间 就这样
We're not looking to overturn a conviction here --
我们不是为了翻案
just looking for doubt.
只是寻找疑点
Maura wants to talk to me.
莫拉有事找我
Well, I'm all set here.
我就在这里待着
I'll let you know if I find anything.
如果有发现我会告诉你的
All right, I was thinking about going over to Rudy's
我打算去鲁迪的店里
and picking up your favorite pastrami sandwich.
买♥♥你最爱的熏牛肉三明治
Hello?
喂
I mean, I usually mention Rudy's,
通常我一提到鲁迪家
and you're at the front door with car keys in your teeth.
你就会叼着钥匙守在门口
What are you doing, ma?
你要干嘛 妈
Just wondering what's grabbed your attention.
只是想知道是什么让你这么专注
I was just reading this fascinating article --
我在读这篇引人入胜的文章
"10 ways to please my man
十种取悦男人
and make him happy as a clam...with a candle."
让他性奋的方法 用一支蜡烛
Well, that's a new one.
这挺新鲜的
It's fascinating stuff.
非常有意思
The candle or the clam?
有意思的是蜡烛还是性奋
I'm sorry. What -- you were saying something before?
抱歉 你刚才说什么来着
I was gonna go to Rudy's and pick us up some sandwiches.
我要去鲁迪家买♥♥点三明治
Oh, really? Yeah.
是吗
I -- that sounds great. I'd love that.
太好了 我很想吃
All right. I'll be back in a bit.
好吧 我很快就回来
Thanks. Least I could do. So?
谢谢 我只能做到这些了 怎么样
So, I looked over everything.
我把档案都看了
The burn pattern and depth of charring indicate a fire
燃烧模式和炭化程度表明
that burned unusually hot,
火焰温度异常高
so I took another look at the victims' autopsies.
所以我又看了看死者的验尸报告
M.E. said they died of smoke inhalation.
报告上说她们死于烟尘吸入
Well, in 1999, that was the catchall term
在1999年 那是用来形容
used to describe inhalation-type death,
吸入类死亡的广义术语
but five years ago, a study out of Johns Hopkins
但五年前 约翰·霍普金斯的一项研究
demonstrated that some S.I. cases
证明一些烟尘吸入案件
are actually deaths from breathing superheated air.
其实是由于吸入过热空气而造成的死亡
How hot is superheated?
过热是多热
It instantly sears your airways,
它会立刻烧焦你的呼吸道
causing death long before smoke and flame.
比烟尘和火焰致死要快得多
What does this mean for Rick?
这对瑞克来说意味着什么
The fire in the Sullivan home was too hot
苏利文家的火灾温度太高了
to be caused by acetone alone.
起火原因不只是因为丙酮
The arson unit determined that acetone
纵火调查组认定丙酮
was the only fire accelerant,
是唯一的助燃剂
and the D.A.'s case hinged on that point.
检察官依据的正是这点
They were wrong.
他们错了
I thought you'd be more pleased.
我以为你会更高兴些
Oh, I'm...
我...
I guess I was pretty sure I'd be walking away from this.
我本来很确定自己不会管这事的
Well, my findings
我的发现
do not absolutely exclude Rick as a suspect.
并不能完全排除瑞克的嫌疑
No, but it's enough to make me glad
确实 但我很高兴
I didn't tell him I wouldn't help him.
自己没说不帮他
Thanks.
谢谢
I'm sure Rick would say thank you if he could.
如果可以 瑞克也会感谢你的
Well, I'm glad, but I'm doing this for you.
我很高兴 但我做这些是为了你
I have confirmed these are the most up-to-date lists
我很确定这些是有关可燃化学物质
on flash points and flame temperatures
燃点和火焰温度的
for flammable chemicals.
最新资料
Great. I'm ready to get started.
好极了 我可以开工了
Well, thank you for doing this on the weekend.
谢谢你周末加班帮我
I really do need your expertise
我很需要你的专业知识
to run this fire-simulation program.
帮我进行火灾模拟
No problem. I'd much rather be here
没事 我宁可在这儿
than at home being mad at myself
也不想待在家里
for not going sightseeing.
埋怨自己没出去玩
Using the crime-scene photos,
我利用犯罪现场的照片
I created a digital replica of the Sullivan house,
搭建了苏利文家的数字模型
Focusing on the hallway.
来看看走廊
This is the simulation for 100% acetone.
这是100%浓度丙酮的模拟画面
Exactly as I expected.
正如我所想的
The flame temperature doesn't rise above 390 degrees,
火焰温度低于390度
and that's just not hot enough
这并不足以形成
to generate superheated smoke.
超高温的烟气
Any thoughts on what it could be?
可能是什么 你有头绪吗
Let's try ether.
来试试乙♥醚♥
Its flame temperature is high --
它的火焰温度很高
About 3,500 degrees.
大约3500度
That's too hot.
太高了
That would result in more charring
它会导致炭化程度
than what we saw in the crime-scene photos.
比犯罪现场照片中的更严重
剧集 | 妙女神探(2010) | 导航列表