Maura, what time is Jane's doctor's appointment tomorrow?
莫拉 简和医生的预约是明天几点
I forgot to write it down.
我忘记记下来了
I forgot to tell you you don't need to cover it.
我忘了告诉你 你不用去了
I can take her after all.
我会照看她的
I thought tomorrow was the first day
明天不是你在波士顿剑桥大学
of your seminar at BCU.
讲课的第一天吗
It was, um, but I realized that as a doctor,
没错 但我意识到作为一个医生
I am best poised to ensure the quality of your medical care.
我是最能镇定地保证你医疗质量的人
You could go to your class. We'll be fine.
你可以去上课 没事的
I've given birth to three kids, and...
我都生了三个孩子了
I've got enough poise for one O.B. Appointment.
一个孕检而已 我够镇定了
Okay.
好吧
Shall we?
我们走吧
Not so fast, Professor.
先别急 教授
Why are you trying to get out of teaching this class?
你为什么想逃避上课
I told you --
我说过了
Because of my love and devotion for you above all else.
因为我对你的爱和投入重于一切
Nope, didn't sell it. What's up?
这招行不通 到底怎么了
I... The department head --
我...院长...
He told me that he is so excited about my syllabus
他告诉我他对我上交的教学大纲倍感兴奋
that he wants it to be a course for credit.
想给这门课加上学分
Okay, how is that bad news?
这怎么成坏消息了
I'll have to give grades.
这样我就得打分了
Yeah, I don't want that burden on my shoulders.
我可不想背上这种负担
I'm still scarred
1996年
over the A-minus biochemistry incident in 1996.
生化课我得A-事件现在还让我后怕呢
I can't even imagine just crushing the spirit
我都不敢想象去扼杀那些
of young, budding minds like that.
青春 含苞待放的思想
Your budding mind was hardly crushed,
你那含苞待放的思想根本没被扼杀
and it's med school.
况且那可是医学院
The budding minds of today will have patients tomorrow.
那些含苞待放的小花朵未来可是要给人看病的
So...grade hard, save lives.
给分狠点救人命啊
Hello?
喂
Yes, Governor. Hello.
是我 州长你好
H-h-how can I help you?
我有什么可以效劳的
Of course I understand.
我当然理解
Thank you, Governor. Okay.
谢谢 州长 好的
If he wants his nephew to get an "A" in your course,
要是他想让侄子在你的课上拿A
Say no...at least until the second offer.
拒绝他 至少等他额外再给你个好处
He wants me to facilitate a death certificate.
他想让我去协助判定一个死亡证明
Chelsea Rothsburgher passed away last night. Cancer.
切尔茜·鲁斯伯格昨晚去世了 死于癌症
I guess they were close.
我猜他们关系挺亲密吧
Would you like to come with me, or should I take my own car?
你想跟我一起去吗 或者我自己开车去
Well, how long does facilitating take?
你这个"协助"得花多久
If I'm just signing, 15 minutes.
要是到那里就签字 也就十五分钟
Yeah, all right. I'll take you.
好吧 我送你去
That would be great. Thanks.
那太好了 谢谢
Uh, you do understand that this is a favor the governor.
你知道这是州长请求的事吧
Yes, I was right here when he asked you a minute ago.
知道啊 你刚刚打电♥话♥时我都听见了
That means no "Downton abbey" jokes.
所以不许开《唐顿庄园》那种玩笑
Okay, no problem. You promise?
没问题 你保证吗
I promise...
我保证
Milady.
夫人
That's a little unnecessary.
这就有点没必要了
Oh, shoot!
糟了
What's wrong?
怎么了
I left my monocle in the car.
我把单片眼镜忘在车里了
You didn't last 30 seconds.
你连三十秒都没忍♥住
Well, what am I supposed to do if I get surprised?
那我要是惊讶了怎么办
Normally, I would gasp,
通常我会倒吸一口气
And the monocle would pop out of my eye socket.
单片眼镜会从眼窝上凸出来
Very funny.
呵呵
But your snarky remarks are rife with errors.
但这句冷笑话是错的
It's your eye orbit, not socket.
那叫眼眶 不叫眼窝
And while monocles were very common in the 1880s,
在十九世纪八十年代单片眼镜十分流行
by 1912,
到了1912年
when "Downton abbey" Takes place,
即发生《唐顿庄园》故事的年代
Upper-class men wore glasses due to advances in optometry,
上层绅士戴眼镜是为了提高视力
allowing for better measurement of refractions.
追求更好的折射角度
So the joke is on you.
所以闹笑话的是你
Really?
是吗
Oh, and the reason you don't know that
对了 你不知道这点的原因
is because you've never stayed awake long enough
是因为你根本没能保持清醒地
to see one full episode.
看完一整集
It's called meditating. It's how I focus.
那叫冥想 有助于我集中注意力
You've never respected that.
你从来都不当回事
The puddle of drool makes it hard.
嘴角流的口水实在让我难以信服
She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer two years ago.
两年前她被诊断为卵巢癌
If you have questions, I know every aspect
如果你有疑问 她的医疗历史及护理的
of her medical history and care.
方方面面我都清楚
Thank you.
谢谢
And, as I said, I have prepared her death certificate,
正如我所说 死亡证明我已经准备好了
So you just need to sign it.
你只需要签个字
I'm almost done.
我马上就检查完了
The President used it...
总统用它
to sign the "No child goes hungry" bill.
签署了《不让一个孩子挨饿》的支票
She was a very impressive woman.
她真是个很厉害的女性
I worked for her for 20 years.
我为她工作二十年了
I'm -- I'm so sorry for your loss.
请节哀顺变
Jane.
简
Excuse me.
失陪一下
I can't sign the death certificate.
我不能签死亡证明
Well, there's a very fancy pen over there
如果你的笔不好用的话
if yours isn't working.
那边有根很昂贵的笔
Her bedclothes are soaked with sweat,
她的床单被汗水浸湿了
and there are fresh bite marks inside her mouth,
嘴里还有新的咬痕
indicating violent seizures.
说明她癫痫发作
I don't know how she died,
我不清楚她是怎么死的
but I know it wasn't the cancer that killed her.
但我知道害死她的不是癌症
Well, then, you need to do an autopsy.
那你得尸检
Well, in a perfect world,
理想情况是这样
but there are certain sensitive hierarchical issues.
但这件事里有个敏感的地位等级问题
Because Dr. Elbow Patches over there
因为那边的埃尔伯·派奇斯医生
is the chief medical examiner
是联邦马萨诸塞州的
of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?
首席验尸官吗
No, wait.
等等
You are. Problem solved.
首席是你 问题解决了
Dr. Isles, are you quite finished?
艾尔斯医生 你完事了吗
Yes. Thank you.
是的 谢谢
I am afraid this is a suspicious death,
恐怕这是非自然死亡
and I'm ordering an autopsy.
我得进行尸检
You can't do that.
你无权这么做
I am the chief medical examiner, so I respectfully disagree.
我是州首席验尸官 所以我只能婉拒你了
I'm...Detective Jane Rizzoli, Boston homicide.
我是简·里佐利警探 波士顿凶案组的
Um, if you're quite finished, we'll take it from here.
如果你说完了 这里就交给我们吧
I'm calling the Governor!
我要给州长打电♥话♥
Great!
太好了
Do it outside. This is now a crime scene.
出去打吧 现在这里是案发现场
See, if he was wearing a monocle,
看吧 要是他戴了单片眼镜
we would know if he was shocked or horrified.
我们就知道他有没有受到惊吓了
Now we can only suspect.
现在只能怀疑了
How many times has he called?
他打了多少次了
By my count, a lot.
根据我数的次数 很多
27, to be exact.
确切地说是二十七次
All right, well, if he hasn't already
好吧 如果他还没有
sent a governor's aide over here to shut you down,
让州长的助手来阻止你的话
he will do so very soon.
那也该快了
So you almost done?
你快弄完了吧
Uh, yes. I'm moving as fast as I can
对 我正尽我所能加快速度
while still following protocol.
同时还要遵守规定
剧集 | 妙女神探(2010) | 导航列表