剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
"本人 薇拉·卡斯维尔 蒙太古夫人
"I, Vera Carswell, Lady Montacute,
在此承认捅伤艾达·瓦茨致死
wish to confess to the murder by stabbing of Ida Watts
案发地点是普马巷的市议员公♥寓♥
in the attic rooms rented by myself
本人租用的阁楼房♥间
of Alderman's Lodging House on Puma Court."
接着写 警官
You keep writing, Constable.
事情是什么时候发生的
What time did this event take place?
我说不清
I cannot say.
由于可♥卡♥因♥和硫磺吗♥啡♥混合物的作用
I was incapacitated due to the effects of a cocaine
我丧失了行为能力
and sulfurous morphine amalgam
那是我让托马斯·丹顿先生为我调制的
that I had a Mr. Thomas Denton make for me.
瓦茨小姐为什么在场
Explain the presence of Miss Watts.
我问丹顿先生 能否找一个姑娘
I asked Mr. Denton if he would find a girl
把她打扮得像我一样
who could be made to look like me.
他找了她 她的头发打理过
He found her, and I saw her hair dressed
染了色 还化了妆
and colored and her face made up.
为什么这么做
Why do this?
你问过我
You asked me
我为什么到这里来
why it is I come here to these streets,
你每天都要
where you find your daily struggles
和这里的污秽 死亡与混乱斗争
with its dirt and its deaths and its chaos.
里德先生 你希望为这世界扫除的一切
Everything that you would see rid from this world, Mr. Reid,
却是我崇尚的
I glorify.
所以 是的
And so, yes.
我带我丈夫去了那里
I brought my husband to those rooms
见那姑娘 因为我以为...
and that girl because I thought that...
我以为他可能会想和我一起
Well, I thought that he might want to join me
享受这乐趣 或许我就
in that glorifying and that I might
不用独自面对
perhaps not be so alone
我的所为
in all that I did
所想和所感
and thought and felt.
但他没有和你一起
But he did not join you.
没有
No.
他不解地看着我
He looked at me with the same incomprehension
就像你现在一样
with which you look at me now.
你用刀捅了艾达·瓦茨几下
How many times did you put the knife into Ida Watts?
由于刚才说过的原因
For reasons I have already stated,
我不能确定 但是
I... I cannot be sure, but...
是在三下到十下之间
it was more than thrice, but less than ten times.
用锐利的刀片
The power of sharpened steel
割破肉体
to cut through flesh, you...
你可能以为这需要力量
you might expect it to need strength,
但她的躯体并没让我费力
but she gave away with ease.
那为什么
And why?
你为什么要杀瓦茨小姐
Why did you kill Miss Watts?
因为她很无趣
Because she did not prove amusing
也因为我想知道那么做是什么感觉
and because I wanted to know how it would feel to do so.
好了 我想我该在下面签字了
Now, I imagine you want me to sign beneath.
别担心 罗伯特
Do not worry, Robert.
她们并非都像我这样
They're not all like me.
没有哪个活着的女人像我这样
I'm not like a single woman alive.
他说不记得了
He claims not to recall.
而她认罪了
And she has confessed.
可我觉得我们尚未发现真♥相♥ 贝内特
And yet I do not feel the truth shine upon us, Bennet.
你们俩
You two.
来看看我做了什么
Come see what I made.
这是刀上的
It is the smear of blood
血迹
on the knife.
是刀柄上血拇指印
It is the magnified bloody imprint
放大后的照片
on the thumb rise of the handle.
你这是做了什么 杰克逊
What is it you've made, Jackson?
是无可争议的真♥相♥
It is the incontrovertible truth.
这...
Well...
只是尝试 看
It's an attempt. Look here.
第三或第四刀后
Now, after the third or fourth thrust,
艾达的血变粘
Ida's blood got gluey,
于是凶手的拇指印
so that there is the mark
便留了下来
of the thumb of the hand that killed her.
高尔顿先生的理论是
Mr. Galton's theory runs thus,
每根手指的指尖
that the tip of each and every finger
都有平行的凸起 瞧 贝内特
contains parallel ridges. See, Bennet?
看你自己的
See your own there?
这些凸起形成一道道的图案
These ridges form walls or patterns,
每一个都与相邻手指上的不一样
each one entirely distinct from its neighbor
而且每个人的指纹也都不一样
and each one entirely distinct from human to human.
那么这样的指纹也就是独一无二的了
The print of such is therefore entirely unique.
两个指纹完全一样的概率
The chances of any two prints being alike are,
按高尔顿先生的推算是六百四十亿分之一
so Mr. Galton has it, one in 6♥4♥ billion.
而且这不是第一次应用
And he wouldn't be the first, either.
阿根廷有位侦探
There's a detective in Argentina
就使用这套办法
that used this very same method
逮捕了一名杀害了自己孩子的女人
to bring a woman to trial for the murder of her children.
高尔顿先生建议用印刷墨采集指纹
Mr. Galton recommends a printer's ink for the best sample.
我们这个时候可没处找去
Which we are unlikely to find at this hour.
而且我们所剩时间也不多了
And there is little time remaining to us.
我还有个办法
I've got another idea, however.
早啊 殿下
Morning, your highness.
把拇指按在烟灰里
Now place each thumb in the soot.
按手印
Make your mark.
艾瑟顿队长
Sergeant Artherton.
先生们 能等我一下吗
Gentlemen, care to wait for a few minutes?
知道我的痛风会被什么引发吗
Do you know what it is brings the gout out for me,
队长
sergeant?
不知道 总督察
No, chief inspector.
整个英国贵族阶级向我施压 把我惊醒
The full weight of the British aristocracy waking me
早上的腌鱼还没吃呢
before I've had my kippers.
奇迹回归的里德在哪
Where is the miraculously returned Reid?
他在哪
Where is he?
是一样的
They are the same?
这两道凸起尽头处的分叉
The two forkings at the end of the two ridges
形成环形 是一模一样的
that make the island there... they are identical, yes.
这是谁的指纹
And these? These prints are whose?
蒙太古伯爵
Lord Montacute.
里德探长 德雷克探长
Inspector Reid, Inspector Drake.
早啊 总督察
Morning, chief.
埃德蒙 说句话
Edmund, a word.
那么是这样
So that I understand,
你已经拿到了夫人的签字认罪书
you have a signed confession on the part of the lady.
是的
I do.
但不知为何 这还不够
And somehow it does not suffice.
我认为她
I believe that she,
因为无法想象的扭曲原因
for reasons too perverse to imagine,
希望自己有罪
but I believe that she wishes herself guilty.
她想被绞死
She wishes herself hanged.
她虽然在场
Now, she may have been there,
可能目睹了那一幕
she may have watched,
但她没有杀那女人
but she is not the girl's killer.
而你之所以知道
And this knowledge arrived at by way of...
是因为烟灰印的指纹
a thumb mark printed in soot.
你已经拿到认罪书了 里德探长
You have a confession, Mr. Reid.
好好利用吧
You use it.
夫人 求你
Lady, please.
现在还不迟
It is not too late.
永远不迟
It is never that.
好里德先生
Dear Mr. Reid.
早就太迟了
It was always too late.
里德探长
Inspector Reid.
钥匙在你那里吧
You have the keys, I understand.
最后问你个问题 先生
One last question for you, sir.
什么样的男人让自己的妻子替自己上绞架
What kind of man is it allows his wife to go to the rope for him?
认罪吧 获得安宁
Confess. Know the release.
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表