剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
Or sin? Or... or foolishness?
罪孽 或是愚蠢
Let's start with sin.
从罪说起吧
Have you sinned?
你犯过罪吗
Everyone has sinned.
每个人都犯过罪
Have they?
是吗
Including you? Yes.
包括你吗 对
When?
什么时候
How long is your cylinder?
你的蜡筒能录多久
Start with the first time.
从第一次开始说吧
Apart from... childhood indiscretions,
小时候的胡闹不算
the first of importance then.
从第一次重大的说起
I...
我
I betrayed my dearest friend Mina on the eve of her wedding.
我在挚友米娜的婚礼前夜背叛了她
How?
怎么背叛
How?
怎么背叛
I seduced her fiance.
我勾引了她未婚夫
What was the result?
结果怎样
It led to catastrophe.
结果是一系列的灾难
And eventually her death.
最终导致了她的死亡
You blame yourself for her death.
你为她的死责怪自己
Indirectly.
不是直接导致的
What directly then?
那直接原因是什么
It's hard to say. Can you turn that off?
不好说出来 能关掉这东西吗
No.
不行
Tell me your story.
告诉我
And if it involves murder?
如果里面有谋杀呢
Then let it.
那就有吧
And much beyond that.
还有更甚的
What's beyond murder?
有什么比谋杀更可怕
If you credit my story...
如果你相信我的故事
if you believe the things I tell you,
如果你相信我告诉你的事
you'll never sleep quietly again.
夜里你将无法安睡
Not as you did before.
没法回到从前
Can you believe?
你能相信吗
Tell me.
告诉我
I think you're just morbid.
我觉得你的想法太可怕
Practical.
我是实际
I swear my father has suffered
我发誓我父亲
every ailment an overstuffed Briton can endure,
得过每一种英国人能得的病
from gout to dropsy.
从痛风到水肿
But he can't last forever.
但他总有死的一天
And then?
然后呢
Then I get the title
然后我就能继承爵位
and the estates and a proper lab.
地♥产♥和一间真正的实验室
Off to Harley Street I go.
走上我通往哈利街[名医聚居地]的路
Oh, yes, you'll fit in very well there.
是的 你很适合那里
I meant your work.
我是说你的工作
You meant my complexion.
你是说我的身份
Cambridge to Harley Street. Makes no bloody difference.
从剑桥到哈利街 也没有任何区别
Once a wog, always a wog.
杂种永远是杂种
Henry.
亨利
My mother died, you know.
我母亲死了 知道吗
After my noble pater left India.
在我的贵族父亲离开印度后
Abandoned his exotic whore to her own devices.
丢下他的异国荡♥妇♥自生自灭
But she was tainted by then.
但她已经失去名节
Rejected by her own family.
被自己的家族抛弃
Untouchable.
成为贱民[不可触碰的]
Do you know how she died?
知道她是怎么死的吗
Leprosy.
麻风病
Oh, there's poetry in that, don't you think?
这讽刺简直诗意 不觉得吗
Truly untouchable.
真的不能触碰了
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
And you wonder why I wait for that man to die.
而你还奇怪我为什么要等那个人死
It's not for the money or the title.
不是为钱也不是为爵位
It's for the justice of the thing.
是为了正义
Of that duality that makes us who we are,
我们都有善恶两面
he is wholly evil.
而他只有邪恶
Duality?
两面性
We are all two things in a way, are we not?
某种角度讲我们都是两面的 不是吗
Deep in the marrow.
内心深处
Angel and Devil. Light and dark.
天使和魔鬼 光明与黑暗
The pull between the two
善恶相争
is the active verb which energizes our lives.
就是我们生命最基本的运动
Or so I've come to believe, anyway.
至少我是这么认为的
Thus my current work.
所以才有了我现在的研究
Really, Victor, you must eat.
真的 维克多 你得吃点东西
Get your strength back.
恢复些体力
It's chops and spuds for breakfast every day now, old man.
以后早餐都要吃排骨和土豆了 伙计
As you say, Doctor.
听你的 医生
And the injections?
那么注射针剂呢
We'll have a care to that, won't we?
我们要想办法停掉 好吗
You know I'll help in any way I can.
你知道我会尽一切努力帮你
Yes, thank you, Henry.
是的 谢谢 亨利
Now, you were intending to take me to your lab.
你说要带我去你的实验室的
Oh, yes, my lab.
没错 我的实验室
It's right over there.
就在那
I work at Bedlam.
我在精神病院工作
I was lucky to get the job at all.
能找到这份工作就不错了
As you can imagine, the more reputable hospitals and academies
你可以想见 越是有名的医院和研究所
weren't lining up to hire the uppity little half-breed.
越不愿意雇用心高气傲的混血儿
What's your actual position here?
你在这里到底是做什么的
I'm the resident somnolist.
我是患者催眠师
Meaning, I keep the most violent patients sedated
意思是 我负责给最暴♥力♥的患者打镇定剂
until the Crown can decide how to best dispense with them,
直到院长决定如何处理他们
which is mostly to let them rot,
基本上处理方式都是置之不理
or to more actively starve them in some cases.
有时会决定饿死他们
But they do give me a lab and no end of diverting subjects.
但我有实验室 还有用不完的有趣试验品
We're subterranean now,
我们现在是地下工作者
coiling away in the bowels of the city.
徘徊在城市边缘
They keep the worst of them down here.
最坏的人都被关在这里
The cannibals and the infanticides.
食人者 杀婴者
The criminally insane.
法律上定义的疯子
The angel seeks the light, the beast seeks the dark.
天使寻找光明 野兽追寻黑暗
Oh, they never see the light.
他们见不到光明了
They only see me.
他们能看到的只有我
A barber's chair?
理发椅
With my own modifications.
我改造的
I need to look into their eyes, you see.
我需要直视他们的眼睛
Mirrors to the soul.
眼睛是心灵的窗户
What?
怎么了
Lily.
莉莉
Yes?
怎么了
I'll have to bring her here...
我得把她带来这里
into this awful place?
带来这个可怕的地方吗
Yes. When we're ready.
没错 等我们准备好后
So much I've put her through.
我让她遭受了那么多
Her life has been...
她的一生...
I stopped her breath when she was Brona
她还是布洛娜时我杀死了她
and gave it back to her as Lily.
让她重生为莉莉
And now I do this to her.
现在还要我这样对她
What we won't do for love.
为了爱 我们无所不为
Will it work?
能有效吗
Can we make her more calm?
我们能让她平静下来吗
Undoubtedly.
无需置疑
Can we render the beast dormant?
我们能让那野兽沉睡吗
It's possible.
有可能
But can we make her love you?
但能不能让她爱上你呢
I want her back.
我想要她回来
As she was.
变回之前的她
But before I bring her to this place...
但在我把她带来这里之前
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表