剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
Savor this day, my beautiful lady, my beloved.
享受今天吧 美丽的小姐 我的爱人
The small ones are the most dangerous.
越小的东西越危险
Leiurus quinquestraitus.
以色列金蝎
There, in the center, the albino one.
这里 最中间 白化的那只
Also known as the Omdurman scorpion
也叫恩图曼蝎
or, more colloquially, as the "Deathstalker."
俗名"噬魂金蝎"
Albinoism is exceedingly rare in nature,
白化在自然界极为罕见
a sign of caution to the world.
这是对世界的警示
The absence of color, that is...
我是指颜色缺失
signifying what?
什么意思呢
Bloodlessness. Uniqueness.
毫无血色 独一无二
Beware.
危险
He's from the Sudan. I think it's a he.
他来自苏丹 我猜是"他"
It's very hard to sex them unless they're breeding, arachnids.
蛛形纲动物 非繁殖期很难判断性别
You'd think this fellow would be the most dangerous,
一般会以为这一只最危险
with his enormous claws.
一对大钳子
Why do you think I'm interested in the dangerous ones?
你为什么认为我对危险的动物有兴趣
Everyone is.
所有人都如此
They imagine them crawling over their bodies as they sleep.
他们想象睡梦中被蝎子爬满全身的情形
That's what draws most people in.
吸引大部分人来到这里的
The fear. You don't see them lining up to look at the sheep,
是恐惧 就不会有人排队看绵羊
more's the pity, glorious animals.
真遗憾 绵羊是多好的动物
They love the tooth and claw, the predators.
他们爱的是尖牙利爪 爱看捕猎者
Would you like to touch one?
你想摸一摸吗
A predator? A scorpion.
捕猎者吗 蝎子
I have.
我摸过
You've touched a scorpion?
你摸过蝎子
My God. Don't tell me you're a zoologist.
天哪 别告诉我你是个动物学家
No, but you are.
我不是 但你是
Dr. Alexander Sweet, hello.
亚历山大·斯威特博士 你好
I'm the boss here, more or less.
我是这里的老大 算是吧
Director of Zoological Studies.
动物研究学刊主编
Noah in his ark.
方舟中的诺亚
Vanessa Ives.
温妮莎·艾芙斯
But Noah's animals were living.
可诺亚的动物是活的
Oh, I think of these ones as alive, just quiet.
它们在我眼中都是活的 只是很安静
Taxidermy!
剥制术
What? Your hobby.
什么 你的爱好
That's where you touched a scorpion.
所以你才摸过蝎子
No.
不是
Though I practiced it as a child.
不过我小时候确实学过
So did I.
我也是
That's where I fell in love with all this.
我就是从那时爱上这个
A harmless hobby giving way to, what?
无害的爱好变成了 怎么说呢
A calling, I suppose.
使命吧
Did you know there are certain deep-sea fish
你知道有种深海鱼
that create their own light
自身能发光
and feed on lethal volcanic gasses?
吸食致命火山气体为生
That's supposed to be impossible.
简直是不可能的事
And bats in Australia as large as dogs.
澳大利亚的蝙蝠 跟狗一样大
And that American coyotes mate for life.
美国郊狼一生只有一个伴侣
And enormous octopi that can squeeze their bodies
巨大的章鱼能蜷缩身体
through holes no larger than a ha'penny coin.
通过比半便士大不了多少的洞
Can you imagine that?
你能想象吗
If only we would stop and look and wonder.
如果我们能停下来细细观赏
And wonder.
徜徉
Do you have a favorite?
你最喜欢哪个
Not meant to.
没有特定的
But mostly the unloved ones.
但是主要喜欢那些没人爱的
The unvisited ones.
无人问津的
The cases that get dusty and ignored.
那些被人遗忘而堆满尘埃的
All the broken and shunned creatures.
那些无法见人 残缺不全的生物
Someone's got to care for them.
总得有人来照顾他们
Who shall it be if not us?
我们不管的话还有谁呢
Yes.
是啊
Dr. Sweet, may I have a moment?
斯威特博士 您有空吗
Of course.
有
Mr. Dudman, may I present to you Miss...
杜德满先生 这位是...
I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name.
对不起 我忘了你的名字
Vanessa Ives. Hello.
温妮莎·艾芙斯 你好
In the lab, sir.
实验室 先生
I have a question about the tiger.
我对那只老虎有些疑问
If you'll excuse me?
恕我失陪
Far be it from me to get between a man and his tiger.
我怎么能介入一个男人和他的老虎之间呢
Thank you, Miss Ives.
谢谢 艾芙斯小姐
I do hope you'll enjoy the exhibits.
希望你喜欢我们的展品
All the dusty cases.
那些堆满尘埃的
Give them a glance. They repay the effort.
赏光一顾 它们值得欣赏
Good day to you.
祝你愉快
Good day.
再会
Good day.
再会
October the 6th, 1♥8♥9♥2.
一九二二年十月六日
My dear Sir Malcolm,
亲爱的马尔科姆爵士
where this letter shall find you, I don't know.
这封信会寄到哪里 我不知道
I hope, on some far-flung adventure.
我希望你已经在某个遥远的地方展开冒险
I don't want this to cause you any alarm,
我不希望让你担忧
but I've not been entirely honest in my previous letters.
但我在之前的信中没有照实相告
I didn't want to worry you.
当时我不想让你担心
Or perhaps I have lived too long with secrets
也或许是我已藏着秘密生活太久
and have become over reliant on them.
变得习惯讳莫如深
All has not gone well with me here.
我过得很不好
I've been low and sedentary, unwilling to go outside.
我一直很消沉低落 不愿意出门
Sunk into a kind of unhealthy lethargy,
陷入紊乱的昏睡
sunk into something like my own sadness.
陷入我自己的悲伤之中
I haven't heard from Mr. Chandler.
我一直没有钱德勒先生的消息
He has quite disappeared from our lives, I think.
我想他已经从我们的生活中消失了
I feel his absence keenly... it's a cutting void.
他的消失...像是突然出现的空白
If I believed in the old words,
如果我相信那些老话
I would pray for him.
我会为他祈祷
But that's gone for me now.
但我现在已经不信了
Perhaps that is the root of what has been troubling me.
也许这就是困扰我的根源
I have left my faith.
我丢弃了我的信仰
Or it has left me.
或者说我的信仰丢弃了我
Thus, my prospects seemed
我的未来因而
only a long, dark corridor without an end.
好像只有漫无尽头的黑暗
I have done things in my life for reasons
我一生做过许多激烈悖俗之事
that seemed right and even moral
为了看似正确
in their violent immorality.
甚至有几分道义的原因
And now I stand without that God
而现在我失去了
upon whom I have always depended.
一直以来依靠的上帝
But please do not fear for me.
但是请不要为我担心
I have no fear myself.
我不害怕
The old monsters are gone.
困扰我多年的怪兽已经消失
The old curses have echoed to silence.
诅咒散去只余沉默
And if my immortal soul is lost to me,
而且即便失去了永恒的灵魂
something yet remains.
仍有一些东西存留
I remain.
还有我
So I sign off now with hope, and, as ever, with love...
就让我以希望做结 还有爱
Vanessa.
温妮莎
Post Script.
又及
I don't know if you've ready access to news,
我不知道你那里消息是否畅通
but we learned today that Tennyson has died.
我们今天听闻丁尼生逝世
The bells are still tolling.
丧钟还在回荡
All the flags are at half-mast,
旗帜都降到了半杆
and there are wreathes and funeral bands everywhere.
到处都是花圈和哀乐
London has gone into mourning.
伦敦沉浸在哀悼之中
It's a city of tears.
整座城市都在哭泣
"Beat, happy stars, timing with things below;
"星辰闪耀 陪伴着地上的人儿
Beat with my heart
照耀着我的心
more blessed than heart can tell;
庇护着我的心
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表