A few days ago, the other guy comes in,
几天前 有个人进来
starts setting up a squat by the bar,
开始在酒吧搭窝
but West Side Wally doesn't do neighbors.
但西区瓦利不喜欢与人同住
So I said, "Hey, Professor, kick rocks."
于是我说"教授 滚远点"
He wouldn't take no for an answer.
可他就是不走
Ended up paying me $400 to relocate.
反而给了四百刀让我另觅住所
So again, for the record this time, I wasn't there.
重申一次 那天我不在
Easy, easy, okay. Did you get this guy's name?
冷静点 好吗 你知道那人叫什么吗
I didn't ask. He didn't say.
我没问 他也没说
Can you describe him?
能描述下他的样子吗
Medium height, medium build, white, 50s.
中等身高 不胖不瘦 白人 50岁左右
I called him the Professor
我叫他教授
because he spoke like a pretentious jerk.
他讲话就像个矫饰做作的蠢蛋
Hey, it's the Professor.
对 这不是教授嘛
Clyde Belasco.
克莱德·贝拉斯科
We know that you were at the Pennybaker Club,
我们知道你去过佩尼贝克俱乐部
Mr. Belasco.
贝拉斯科先生
You paid off a homeless man
你用钱把流浪汉打发走
so that you could have the place to yourself.
这样你就能独自占着那地方
I have a condo on the upper east side,
我在上东区有处豪华公♥寓♥
a chateau in Bordeaux,
在波尔多[法国西南部港市]有座城♥堡♥
a chalet in Gstaad, and yet.
在格斯塔德[瑞士滑雪胜地]有座农舍
On the word of some vagrant,
仅凭某个流浪汉的片面之词
you believe that I paid to
你就断定我用钱打发他
squat in an abandoned building?
好让自己在荒废的地方搭窝
Me? Clyde Belasco?
我可是大名鼎鼎的克莱德·贝拉斯科
Pretty much.
我们就是这个意思
I'd like to see you prove it, sir.
先生 我倒想看看你怎么证明
All right, have it your way, Professor.
好啊 教授 听你的
We will see you at the sentencing hearing.
我们庭审宣判见吧
You can do your TV show from prison.
你可以在监狱里做你的电视节目
Wait.
等等
Okay.
好吧我说
I was there. I admit it.
我承认 我在那
I was at the Pennybaker Club when Stan was killed.
斯坦被杀之时我在佩尼贝克俱乐部
But I didn't kill him.
但他不是我杀的
Like I said before, Stan came to me
如我之前所说 斯坦来找我
and asked for my research
问我要
on the Blue Butterfly.
蓝蝴蝶的研究报告
And you said no?
你拒绝了吗
Of course I said no.
我当然拒绝了
I searched for that necklace for 15 years,
我花了15年的时间去找那条项链
and now I'm just supposed to help him?
而现在要我去帮他
The glory was to be mine.
这份荣耀只属于我
But you knew he was on to something, didn't you?
但你知道他找到了线索 对吗
Oh, yes.
对
I could tell he was close, so very close.
我看得出他已离成功不远 非常接近
Stan knew things about the club, about the necklace
斯坦知道我从没听说过的
that I had never heard before.
关于俱乐部和项链的事
So you staked out the club,
所以你在俱乐部那侯着
and when Stan showed, you shot him.
斯坦一出现 你就把他杀了
I didn't shoot him, Detective.
探长 我没杀他
Yes, I had a pistol with me and a bullwhip.
我随身都带着把手♥枪♥和一条牛鞭
They're my trademarks. Everyone knows that.
它们就是我的标志 众所周知
But I brought a mask and gloves as well
但我还带了面具和手套
because I was simply going to threaten him
我纯粹只想吓唬吓唬他
and take the prize.
窃取他的成果
So then what happened?
后来呢
I was lying in wait.
我躺在那等着他
Stan went downstairs, and when he returned, he was...
斯坦下楼 当他回来的时候 他
holding the Blue Butterfly.
手握蓝蝴蝶
Oh, you should've seen how it sparkled.
你们真该看看它有多璀璨
Magnificent.
完美无瑕
I was about to pounce
我正打算扑抢的时候
when suddenly there was a-a rag put over my mouth.
突然有人用布捂住我的嘴
It had a sweet smell,
甜甜的味道
like it was doused with chloroform.
布上好像洒了氯仿
Chloroform?
氯仿
Really? It had to be.
真的吗 绝对是
Everything went dark, and when I came to,
然后我眼前一黑 我醒来时
Stan was dead.
斯坦已经死了
I searched his body,
我把他尸体搜了个遍
but whoever knocked me out took the Blue Butterfly with them.
肯定是把我弄晕的人拿走了项链
God, I hope it's him.
我真希望是他
Yeah, but without a confession,
我也是 但是他不认罪
our case is purely circumstantial.
我们手上的都是间接证据
I'm gonna see if I can get a warrant for Belasco's place.
我试试看能否拿到贝拉斯科住处的搜查令
Which place, the condo,
哪个住处 豪华公♥寓♥
the chateau, or the chalet?
城♥堡♥ 还是农舍
Hi, yeah, this is Detective Kate Beckett,
你好 我是凯特·贝克特探长
12th Precint.
12分局
I'm calling for the riding A.D.A.
找区检察官
Yeah. Okay. I'll hold.
好的 我等着
Well, it's kind of disappointing.
真令我失望
I was really hoping that solving Stan's murder
我多期盼侦破斯坦的凶杀案
would give us some answers
能给我点答案
to what really happened to Joe and Vera.
让我知道乔和薇拉身上到底发生了什么
Yeah, but what we already know what really happened.
但我们已经知道了
Dempsey killed them both.
丹普西把他们俩杀了
Well, that's obvious version.
这是显而易见的
But what about Sally?
但莎莉呢
What's her part in all of this? And...
她在整件事中扮演着什么角色 而且
why would she hire Joe?
为何他会雇佣乔
Well, I guess we'll never know.
我想我们永远也不可能知道了
No, something else was going on.
不 事情还没结束
Something we're missing.
我们遗漏了些事
"Wearing t-strap shoes and a country suit,
她穿着T字带斜面的鞋 穿着很土的衣服
I could tell that redhead was a hick off the cob."
我看得出红发女是个刚进城的乡巴佬
Wait. What did you just say?
等等 你刚说什么
Well, that's just how Joe described her in his diary.
这是乔日记里对她的描述
No, the--the part about the shoes?
不 鞋那部分
T-strap. It's when the strap comes over the--
T字带 就是鞋带绕过
Yeah. Can I just call you back?
我能待会再打给你吗
Okay.
好的
Take a look at this photo.
看看这张照片
There's a shoe next to the car.
车旁边有只鞋
And look at what kind of shoe it is.
仔细看看那鞋的样式
That's a T-strap.
T字带
You don't think...
你不会想说
If Vera was at the club that night,
如果薇拉当晚在俱乐部
she'd be dressed in an elegant dress and...
她会身着礼服
And heels. This isn't Vera.
高跟鞋 死的不是薇拉
This is Sally.
死的是莎莉
Yeah, but it can't be Sally.
也不可能是莎莉
The bartender said that he saw her months after the murders.
酒保说案发后几个月他还见过莎莉
Unless... he lied. He lied.
除非他说谎 他说谎
But that was over half a century ago.
但那是半个多世纪前的事了
Why would he lie about that?
他为何如此
Beckett, I just realized something.
贝克特 我刚刚意识到一件事
"I Can't Give You Anything But Love."
《我能给予你的只有爱》
W-what?
什么意思
That's what was playing when we interviewed the bartender.
我们询问酒保时 播放的那首歌♥
Right. Right.
对 我想起来了
He said that that was the best version of the song.
他说那是这首歌♥最好的版本
It was Louis Armstrong's version.
这是路易斯·阿姆斯特朗[美国爵士歌♥手]的版本
In Joe's diary, he says his favorite performer is Satchmo.
乔的日记里 他说他最爱的歌♥手是沙奇摩
What's Satchmo's real name?
沙奇摩的真名是
Louis Armstrong.
路易斯·阿姆斯特朗
Put it all together,
全部联♥系♥起来
the answer is clear.
答案很明晰了
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表