still growing.
还在扩散
The treatment had failed.
治疗失败了
A brain tumor? That's why Hamilton wanted
脑瘤 这就是哈密顿想把项目
to put his project online--
放到网上的原因
In hopes that someone would finish his research.
希望有人能帮他完成研究
Yeah, I've got Esposito running down
是的 我已经让埃斯波西托去查证博伊德的
Boyd's alibi just in case.
不在场证明了 以防万一
Alexis?
阿丽克西斯
What's wrong?
怎么了
Everything.
一切都乱了
How do you do it, dad?
你怎么做到的 爸爸
Do what?
做什么
Well, that letter that you have
那封被你裱起来
framed in your office.
挂在办公室的信
My first manuscript rejection. Yeah.
我第一份手稿的退件信吗 是的
How can you stand having it there?
你怎么能忍♥受天天对着它
Because it drives me.
因为它驱使我前进
And I got 20 more of those before Black Pawn
在黑卒同意出版《枪林弹雨中》之前
ever agreed to publish "In A Hail of Bullets."
我还收过另外二十封呢
That letter...
那封信...
That letter reminds me of what I've overcome.
那封信让我记得我曾经克服过什么
Rejection isn't failure.
被拒绝不代表失败
It sure feels like failure.
那感觉就像是失败
No, failure is giving up.
不 放弃才是失败
Everybody gets rejected.
每个人都有被拒绝的时候
It's how you handle it that determines where you'll end up.
你处理拒绝的方式将会决定你何去何从
My whole life has been about making sure
一直以来 我的目标就是
I could get into any college I wanted.
能被任何我想进入的大学录取
What's it about now?
现在的目标又是什么呢
Give it time.
慢慢来
You'll figure it out.
你会找到答案的
She okay?
她没事吧
Were any of us at that age?
我们都曾经历过那个年纪吗
Nah, it'll suck until it doesn't.
唉 一直烂到不再烂啊
Yeah, well, speaking of sucking,
是啊 说到"烂"
Boyd alibied out.
博伊德的不在场证明被证实了
He was at a department breakfast
哈密顿被杀的那个早上
the morning that Hamilton was killed.
他出席了一个部门早餐会
I mean, we caught the guy with our victim's head.
我们都抓到拿着死者的脑袋的那个人了
99 times out of 100,
99%的机率
you catch someone with a guy's head,
当你抓到一个人拿着另一个人的脑袋时
he killed the guy.
就是他杀害了那个人
Yeah. Well, Boyd also provided
是啊 博伊德还提供了
the MRIs of Hamilton's head.
哈密顿脑部的磁共振成像
Lanie confirmed that the tumor
蕾妮确认那肿瘤
would've ravaged his brain in a couple of months.
将会在几个月之内毁掉他的大脑
So in an odd way, he got lucky.
那么他这是歪打正着地走了大运
How so?
怎么说
Well, Dr. Weiss said that cryonics
维斯博士说过人体冷冻
was all about preserving the brain.
的关键就在于保存大脑
If Hamilton had lived,
如果哈密顿还活着
his brain would've been destroyed.
他的大脑就被毁掉了
Cryonic preservation wouldn't have been an option.
人体冷冻对他也就没有了用处
So then our killer inadvertently
这么说凶手在不经意间
saved him for the future.
挽救了他的未来
Unless...
除非
"One lifetime together wasn't enough."
"一辈子在一起还不够"
That's our motive.
那就是动机
Maybe it wasn't so inadvertent.
或许根本就不是"不经意"
Thank you for coming in, Mrs. Hamilton.
谢谢你能过来 哈密顿太太
I understand that you've already spoken with Dr. Boyd.
我知道你已经与博伊德博士谈过了
Yes.
是的
It's a lot to process.
让我大吃一惊
Yeah.
是啊
How can I help you?
有什么我能帮忙的
Well, we were hoping that you could
我们希望你能帮我们
shed some light on some evidence that just came in.
梳理一些刚刚找到的证据
What's that?
是什么呢
Your husband's computer, the one his student smashed?
你丈夫的电脑 被他学生砸坏的那部
The tech people here
警局技术人员
managed to recover a list of recent downloads.
恢复了一份近期的下载项列表
Included on that list
其中包括了
was Passageway's contract termination form.
与帕威终止合约的文件
Any idea why your husband would download that?
知道你丈夫为什么会下载那份文件吗
No.
不知道
Well, it must be a mistake.
那一定是个错误
Actually, the tech assured us
事实上技术人员已经
that the download list was clean.
跟我们确定那列表没问题
Are you sure he didn't say anything to you about that?
你确定他没跟你提过那方面的事吗
Because the best I can come up with
我能想出的最佳解释就只有
is that your husband decided that
你的丈夫决定
working on his research until his brain gave out
在他的大脑彻底损坏之前
was more important to him
继续他的研究要比
than cryonically preserving himself.
冻住自己更为重要
But you disagreed with him, didn't you, Mrs. Hamilton?
但你不同意他的决定对吗 哈密顿太太
How could I disagree with him
我连他有肿瘤都不知道
when I didn't even know about the tumor?
怎么去反对他的决定呢
I think you did know,
我认为你是知道的
and that's why you killed him.
那就是你杀死他的原因
So he would be preserved for the future
这样他就能在大脑被损坏前
before his brain was ravaged.
被冷冻起来
After shooting him, you took his briefcase.
射死他后 你拿走了他的公文箱
This is insane.
太离谱了
It's just wild conjecture.
这只是你们的疯狂猜测罢了
Actually, it's not.
事实上 不只是猜测
You got rid of the gun, of course.
毋庸置疑 你把枪处理掉了
But we found your husband's briefcase
但我们在你住所的地下室
hidden in your building's basement.
找到了那个公文箱
There were traces of your husband's blood on it.
上面有你丈夫的血迹
I gave him that briefcase...
那个公文箱是我送给他的
when we got engaged.
在我们订婚的时候
I couldn't just leave it behind.
我不能把它留在那儿
I had known for weeks
我察觉事情不对劲
that there was something wrong,
已经有几周了
but Lester said it was just stress.
但莱斯特说只是压力大而已
And then a couple of nights ago,
之后在几天前的晚上
he passed out when he was getting ready for bed.
他在准备上♥床♥前昏倒了
Then he told me the truth.
那会儿他才跟我说了实话
But...
但...
He wasn't in his right mind.
他已经糊涂了
He was too concerned about his research.
他过于在意他的研究
I needed to protect
我必须要保护
our future...
我们的未来
Our eternity together.
我们的天长地久
It's what we always dreamed of.
那是我们一直以来共同的梦想
So, detective, would you consider this
探长 你会把这案子当做是
to be a crime of passion?
激♥情♥犯罪吗
I would consider this a crime of love.
我认为这是为爱而犯罪
Nice.
很好
Though that would depend on whether Cynthia Hamilton was
但那得取决于辛西娅·哈密顿是
in love or insane.
爱得痴狂还是疯了
Well, sometimes there's a fine line between the two.
有时候这二者间只有一线之差
Oh, Dr. Weiss.
维斯博士
I have your release forms ready to go.
你的移交表格准备好了
I'm grateful, detective. Castle.
非常感谢 探长 卡塞尔
So I'll just need you to sign down there at the bottom,
你只需要在底部签个名
and the charges against you
针对你以及
and your employees at Passageway
帕威雇员的指控
will officially be dropped by the department.
就会正式被警局撤销
I'm happy to put this behind us.
我很高兴这事解决了
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表