Anyway...
不管怎样
Look, brother, if you need me for anything,
哥们 如果你需要我
you know I'm always here to-- what?
不管什么事我都挺你 怎么了
Well, maybe nothing, but...
也许不是重要发现 但
This lightbulb...
这个灯泡
is brand-new.
是新的
Are you kidding me?
你们在跟我开玩笑吗
Detective, this is bordering on harassment.
探长 这算得上是骚扰了
I told you everything I know about my brother.
我已经告诉了你关于我弟弟的一切
Not everything.
你隐瞒了一些
You were engaged once, weren't you, Mr. Benton?
你曾经订过婚 不是吗 本顿先生
To a Melanie Wendell.
同梅兰妮·温德尔
Until Melanie broke it off
后来梅兰妮悔婚
and married your brother instead.
转而嫁给了你弟弟
Things didn't work out for us.
我们没能走到最后
I didn't expect Melanie to stay single forever.
我没期望梅兰妮会一直单身
But you never married,
但是你再没结过婚
Because you never got over her, did you?
因为你从未忘记过她 对吗
Who really sent those postcards, Pete?
彼得 寄那些明信片的到底是谁
Did you send 'em yourself?
是你自己寄的吗
What the hell are you talking about?
你们在胡说什么啊
My brother sent me those postcards.
我弟弟寄给我的
You and I both know that's not possible.
你我都知道那是不可能的
Your brother has been dead for 20 years.
你弟弟已经死了二十年了
What?
什么
We found his remains in the McClaren house.
我们在麦拉伦老宅发现了他的尸体
It's over.
事情败露了
You think I killed my brother?
你以为是我杀了自己弟弟
You think I killed Melanie?
你以为是我杀了梅兰妮
Where were you that night, Pete?
那晚你在哪 彼得
I'll tell you exactly where I was.
我会明明白白地告诉你那晚我在哪
I went to dinner with my friend Marie--
我和我朋友玛丽共进晚餐
73, Cafe Jouer.
73街 如爱餐馆
We were out by 9:00.
我们九点离开的
We stopped at Dorian's for a drink.
后来我们去杜兰酒吧喝酒
I had a 7 and 7.
我点了杯七七 [鸡尾酒]
Our server was Patrick.
为我们服务的是帕特克
When something like that happens,
那样的事情发生时
it's burned into your brain.
它会深深地刻在你脑海里
Every detail of what happened the night you heard.
那晚你听到的每个细节
I couldn't forget it if I tried.
我怎么忘也忘不掉
We're gonna have to verify your story, Pete.
彼得 我们会去证实你的说辞
So... My--
这么说 我
my brother didn't kill Melanie?
梅兰妮不是我弟弟杀死的
We don't think so.
我们不认为是他干的
I've always assumed that he did.
我一直以为是他做的
Matt had a terrible temper.
马特脾气暴躁
He was convinced that Melanie was cheating on him.
他坚信梅兰妮出轨了
Was she?
她有吗
Wouldn't surprise me if she was.
如果她有我也不会感到震惊
Matt thought it was somebody at work.
马特怀疑是与她共事的人
It wasn't someone Melanie worked with.
不是跟梅兰妮共事的人
I just tracked down George Banner,
我刚跟乔治·本纳谈过
Melanie's manager at Fly-wide Travel from 20 years ago.
二十年前梅兰妮在畅游旅行的上司
He said Melanie had two coworkers,
他说梅兰妮有两个同事
both guys...
都是男的
Married... Still?
已婚 结婚也可以乱搞嘛
to each other.
同性婚姻
Well, Fly-wide was in a high-rise in midtown.
畅游以前在市中心的高层写♥字♥楼♥
So maybe it was someone else in the building.
也许出轨的对象是楼里的其他人
Let's get a list of all the tenants that were there
我们去查查当年梅兰妮在那工作时
when Melanie worked there.
还有哪些人租了写♥字♥楼♥
I'm not sure that's necessary.
我想没这个必要了
Remember the lightbulb I took from that secret room?
还记得我从那个密室里拿的灯泡吗
Yeah. Well, I traced the serial number.
当然 我去查了灯泡的序列号♥
It belongs to a lot that was sold by the manufacturer
那个灯泡是厂商直销给福勒物业
directly to Fuller Estate Management.
一批灯泡中的一个
As in Steve Fuller? Owner of the McClaren mansion.
史蒂夫·福勒的公♥司♥吗 正是麦拉伦老宅宅主
That means that Fuller knew about that room
那也就是说福勒知道那间密室的存在
and didn't tell us.
却没告诉我们
There's only reason why he wouldn't tell us...
而他故意隐瞒只有一个理由
because he's the killer.
那就是他才是真正的凶手
Maybe Matt Benton was right about
也许马特·本顿猜得没错
Melanie having an affair,
梅兰妮的确有外遇
only wrong about who she was having the affair with.
但是他却猜错了她的外遇对象
But And when things went bad, he killed her,
但是 当事情败露后 他就杀了她
killed Matt, and stashed his body in his own house
还有马特 然后把尸体藏在自己的房♥子里
where he knew no one would find it.
他知道没人找得到
And he planned on destroying the evidence.
而且他还计划要毁尸灭迹
He wanted to have the house torn down
他在那几起谋杀案过后
right after those murders,
还想拆掉房♥子
but it was declared a landmark. Y
但房♥子却被列为地标 慢
So he used that passageway to scare off
于是他就利用密道来吓走租客
tenants like the Boyers, growing the mansion's legend
比如博伊尔一家 让鬼宅越传越邪
so that no one would want to live there.
以至于没人再敢住进去了
And then when Jack Sinclair came sniffing around,
然后杰克·辛克莱又跑来四处打探
he had to kill him, too.
他不得再开杀戒
You guys.
说完了吧
Great story. The D.A. will never buy it.
故事很精彩 但是检察官才不会买♥♥账呢
It's all circumstantial.
这不能直接证明他有罪
She's right.
她说得没错
Anyone could've put that bulb in there.
可能是任何人安装的灯泡
We have no proof.
我们没有证据
But we will.
证据会有的
And I think I know just how to get Mr. Fuller
我想我有办法让福勒先生
to give up the ghost.
把心中的鬼给招出来
Think he'll show? I don't know.
你觉得他会来吗 不知道
You told him about tomorrow, right? Yes, Castle.
你跟他说了明天的事了吧 说了 卡塞尔
He thinks we're going through that wall in the morning.
他以为我们明天就要近密室一探究竟
So if Fuller's our guy,
所以如果福勒就是凶手的话
he should be coming for Matt Benton's body tonight.
他今晚就该来转移马特·本顿的尸体
If he's our guy. I mean, he might not be our guy.
前提是他是真凶 备不住根本就不是他干的
And yet, there he is.
说曹操曹操到
Of course, he might just be here to fix a busted toilet.
当然啦 他也有可能是来修马桶的
Need a hand with that, Fuller?
需要帮忙吗 福勒
Detective Smith?
史密斯警探
Detective Beckett.
贝克特探长
It was...you...
一直以来
all this time. Why?
都是你 为什么
You know, he was abusing her.
你知道吗 他一直对她施暴
Terrible things.
下手残忍♥
I don't think a month went by,
我们没有一个月
we didn't get called up to this house.
不接到来自这里的报♥警♥电♥话♥的
And one day, I stopped by in the afternoon to check on her.
我有一天下午过来 想看看她是否一切都好
You were the affair.
你是她的外遇对象
It wasn't an affair.
那根本不是外遇
It was love.
而是爱
Then why'd you kill her?
那你为什么要杀她
I didn't mean to. It just...
我没想要杀她 但是
She wanted to call it off with me.
她想跟我分手
And I couldn't let that happen.
我无法接受
And Matt Benton?
那马特·本顿呢
The way he treated her, he deserved what he got.
他那样对待她 纯属是死有余辜
And as the lead officer,
作为案件的主要负责人
you knew you could steer the investigation off yourself
你知道你可以把调查方向引开
and on to someone they'd never find.
引到一个他们永远都找不到的人身上
And then you sent those postcards
然后你又寄来了那些明信片
to keep your suspect alive.
让人们以为你的疑犯还活着
I had 'em think that he did it.
我让大家以为他才是凶手
It was his fault anyway.
反正这一切本来也都是他的错
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表