Keep 'em comin', pal. You're doing great.
再续上 朋友 干的不错
Say, maybe you can help me. I'm lookin' for a dame.
说不定你能助我一臂之力 我在找个女人
Aren't we all?
谁不在找呢
This one's special. You know her?
这个人很特别 你认识她吗
Know her?
何止认识
I'm lookin' at her.
我正看着她呢
And where have you been all my life?
我怎么才遇见你
Talk about a slice of history.
要说到一段历史
The Pennybaker Club.
这个佩尼贝克俱乐部
You know, back in the '40s, all the greats played here.
可是20世纪40年代 大腕齐聚登台的地方
If these walls could talk, man, the stories they would tell.
要是这些墙会说话 故事可有得说了
Yeah, but the only story we need to hear is about...
对 不过我们唯一想听的故事是...
Stan Banks. Single G.S.W. to the sternum.
斯坦·班克斯的 胸骨有一处枪伤
I'm calling the time of death
我推断死亡时间
between 6:00 and 8:00 this morning.
在今早6点到8点期间
Looks like he tried to defend himself with this.
看来他试图用这个防卫
Obviously, it didn't work.
显然 没起到作用
So a robbery gone wrong?
那么是抢劫财变杀人了吗
Well, he still had his wallet, cell,
但他的钱包 手♥机♥
and a room key from the parksville arms, so...
还有帕克斯维尔湾的房♥间钥匙还在 所以...
Pockets were pulled out,
口袋被掏了出来
indicating the killer searched the body.
表明凶手对尸体搜了身
For what, we have no idea.
找什么 我们无从得知
That's weird. He's got an S.R.O. key,
奇怪了 他有一把单身公♥寓♥的钥匙
but his driver's license has him living on 34th Street.
可他的驾照上显示他住在34号♥大街[富人区]
We'll hit the S.R.O.
我们去单身公♥寓♥走一趟
See if there's anything we can find out about him.
看看能不能找到点他的线索
Thanks.
谢谢
You lookin' for a drink, Castle?
你在找酒喝吗 卡塞尔
'Cause I'm pretty sure the bar is closed.
因为我确定吧台已经关了
Actually, I was looking for a clue.
实际上 我在找线索
I think I found one.
找到一个
Some homeless guy's squat, and...
哪个流浪汉的小窝 还有...
today's "Ledger." He was here this morning.
今天的《账报》 他今天早上还在这里
Well, whoever he is, maybe he saw something.
不管是谁 或许他目睹了什么
I'll get patrol units to canvass the area.
我让巡逻小队去排查这片区域
Stan's dead?
斯坦死了
Well, that's just great.
这下可好
What am I supposed to do with all his crap?
我该怎么处置他的这堆破玩意儿
We'll be taking some of it off your hands
我们会先带走些东西
as part of our investigation.
这是我们的调查职责
You know of anyone who's been threatening Stan lately?
你知道最近有谁在威胁斯坦吗
I'm the manager here, not the den mother.
我是这里的管♥理♥员♥ 不是童子军的女训导员
Okay, then. When was the last time you saw him?
那好吧 你最近一次看到他是什么时候
Uh, this morning. Stan was all smiles.
今天早上 斯坦满脸笑容
Gave notice he was moving out
通知我他要搬走了
'cause his ship was coming in.
因为他的船要来了[鸿运当头]
What ship? Oh, I don't know.
什么船 不知道
The "Titanic" from the looks of things.
看现在这状况 估计是"泰坦尼克"号♥
Well, if you can remember anything else,
如果你还记起其它事
can you please give me a call?
能给我们打电♥话♥吗
Don't hold your breath, hotshot.
别太指望我了 帅哥
I think she likes you.
我觉得她喜欢你
I have no idea why Stan was at the Pennybaker Club.
我不知道为什么斯坦怎么会在佩尼贝克俱乐部
But we've been separated for almost a year,
可我们已经分居快一年了
so god knows where he's been.
所以天知道他去哪里了
And when was the last time you spoke with him?
那你最后一次和他联♥系♥是什么时候
Two months ago, which is crazy,
两个月前 说来真是疯狂
'cause there was a time we couldn't go two hours without talking.
因为以前我们两个小时不说话都不行
But then Stan had to go and find that doubloon.
可后来斯坦非要去找达布隆
A doubloon, as in old Spanish coin?
达布隆 是西班牙古币吗
He dug one up on a beach in North Carolina.
他在北卡罗来纳的一个海滩上挖到一枚
And after that, he got the bug.
从那以后 他就着了迷
And it only got worse after he saw this stupid documentary
而他看了那愚蠢的纪录片后就更变本加厉了
about Clyde Belasco, the treasure hunter.
讲的是克莱德·贝拉斯科 一个寻宝猎人
Yeah, that's the fellow
对 就是那个人
who found that sunken confederate ship ten years ago.
十年前找到了沉没的南联邦船只
Stan was so inspired,
斯坦倍受鼓舞
he quit his accounting job to search for lost antiquities.
他辞去会计工作 去寻找失落的古迹
I mean, even the last time we spoke,
即便是我们上一次谈话时
all he could talk about was how he was close
他还是满嘴都是他离找到蓝蝴蝶
to finding a blue butterfly.
仅有一步之遥
A blue... like an insect?
蓝...是种昆虫吗
Who knows?
谁知道
Was he having problems with anyone that you know of?
在你认识的人里 他和谁有过节吗
He had money problems. I know that.
他有债务问题 这我知道
I got a call two days ago from some guy
两天前 我接到一个男人的电♥话♥
looking for Stan.
说要找斯坦
Said that Stan owed him $10,000
他说斯坦欠他一万块
and that he'd better pay
还说他最好还上
or else.
不然走着瞧
There's nothing in Stan's personal effects
斯坦的私人物品里没有关于蝴蝶的
about butterflies, blue or otherwise.
蓝色的 和其它颜色的都没有
Just a bunch of books
只有一堆书
about mobsters and Manhattan in the '40s.
讲的是40年代的黑帮和曼哈顿
That's all right, because I got a hit
没关系 我查到了
on that threatening money call to Stan's wife,
给斯坦妻子打恐吓电♥话♥的人
and it turns out it came from a dry cleaners.
结果发现是一家干洗店打来的
Maybe clothes aren't the only thing they're laundering.
或许他们洗的不仅只有衣服
I'll check it out.
我去查
Thanks.
谢了
Uh, this diary in Stan's stuff, it's also from the '40s.
斯坦物品里的有本日记 也是40年代的
It sounds like it belonged to a private eye.
听起来像是私♥家♥侦♥探♥的
Listen to this.
听听这段
"Usually wives turn on the waterworks
"通常来说 妻子们在看到
when shown pictures of their husbands stepping out,
丈夫出轨的照片时会泪如雨下
but not this dame.
可这个女人不同
She wanted payback. So what's worse,
她要以牙还牙 那么哪一点更糟
that I pitched woo with a client
是我与一位客户共赴巫山
or that I invoiced her for services rendered after?"
还是我在事后为所提供的服务给她开了发♥票♥"
Cute.
挺可爱
Cute?
可爱
I mean, this guy sounds like a hard-boiled P.I.
这家伙给人的感觉像个无情的私♥家♥侦♥探♥
right out of a Raymond Chandler novel.
就跟雷蒙德·钱德勒的小说人物似的
I wonder why Stan had this?
不知道为什么斯坦有这个
Hey, yo, Beckett.
贝克特
Still got no word on that homeless guy,
还是没查到那个流浪汉
but a bodega owner saw a white Mustang
不过有个酒店老板看见一辆白色野马
parked in the loading zone right outside the club
停在俱乐部门外的卸货区
for the past three days.
停了三天
Okay. See if anyone saw those license plates.
好 去问问有没有人看到车牌
Right on. Okay.
这就去 好
Um, Beckett?
贝克特
Can I take this home for the night?
我今晚能把这个带回家吗
I mean, it might be the key to what Stan was looking for.
或许通过这个能查到斯坦在找的东西
You just want to read it because you think it's cool.
你只是因为觉得这个有意思才想看
Yeah, well, that, too.
对 也有这原因
Okay, just so long as you...
好 只要你...
bring it back in the morning.
明早还回来就行
"June 18, 1947.
"1947年6月18日
The day began like every other,
今天像往常一样开始
pulling awake in my office chair
在我的办公椅上醒来
with a cream of Kentucky bottle,
拿着肯塔基香酒的瓶子
A dry throat,
感觉喉咙干涩
and a head that was ringing like church bells.
脑袋疼得叮当作响
So I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone
于是 我决定再喝点酒
with a little hair of the dog that bit me."
以消宿醉 一解饥渴"
Damn it, Mr. Flynn.
该死 弗林先生
Why have an apartment
你每晚在办公室
when you drink yourself to sleep in the office every night?
醉死过去 还要公♥寓♥干什么
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表