剧集 | 黑帆 | 导航列表
若是操作得当 这的确是最快的归程
Maneuvered properly, that would be the fastest way home,
但我建议你不惜代价地拒绝这计划
but I suggest that you resist that plan at all costs.
为什么
Why?
因为这条航线正好经过
Because that route runs right through
离开金斯敦的常用航线
the common passage out of Kingston.
一旦发现船只 他们定不会放过
And the men will press to take the first prize they sight.
我们可是坐拥战舰
We're in possession of a war ship.
为什么不敢抢战利品
Why would we shy away from taking a prize?
因为船员们还没准备好
Because the men aren't ready.
尤其在伤亡惨重的情况下
Not with the numbers they've lost.
目前的人数不够参与战斗
They're far too depleted to fully man this ship in battle.
你把他们安全送回家
You get them home safely,
让他们做好休整 补充够船员
get them rested, reinforce their numbers,
然后就可以用这船为所欲为了
and then take this ship and do with it what you will.
"一个反乱拨正的好机会"
"A sacred opportunity to right our wrongs."
天 你认识哪个人会这样说话吗
My God, do you know anyone in the world who talks that way?
现在认识了 阁下
I do now, sir.
有没可能他其实是个疯子
Is it possible he's fully mad?
政♥府♥有一半人私下都这么说
Half of Whitehall whispers it.
他没疯 只是...
He isn't mad. He's just...
聪明 坚定 富有
bright, determined, wealthy,
不过是同时具备了这几样
all at the same time.
天呐 那就更糟了
Jesus. That's worse.
你也许会喜欢他 阁下
You might like him, sir.
其实我去过他的其中一间沙龙
Actually, I went to one of those salons of his,
半数皇家学会成员会去但大部分都不承认的那间
the ones that half the Royal Society attend but most deny.
那种人一般都是伪装者 阁下
Most of those men are pretenders, sir,
他们受到他那种想法的吸引
attracted to his ideas
因为感觉那样就是激进分子
because they make them feel like radicals.
但托马斯...
But Thomas...
当他在说需要把事情重新思考
when he talks about the need to rethink things,
把事情系统化
systemic things,
我认为他真的相信自己所说的
I think he truly believes what he's saying.
更重要的是
And what's more,
我恐怕也相信其中好大一部分
I'm afraid I might believe a good deal of it as well.
托马斯
Thomas?
抱歉 阁下
I'm sorry, sir.
他不喜欢拘于礼节 喜欢人家直呼其名
He refuses to stand on ceremony, insists on the familiar.
我知道您在想什么 阁下 但我向您保证
I know what you're thinking, but I assure you, sir,
我对这项任务的判断力
my judgment, as it relates to this assignment,
丝毫无损
is still intact.
我还有船上的问题要处理
Ship's business.
我该回去了
I shall return.
不用送了
No, no.
有问题吗
Is there a problem?
没有问题 完全没有
No problem. None whatsoever.
抱歉
Apologies.
也许是我嫉妒心作祟
Perhaps it's my jealousy showing.
给汉密尔顿家族当联络员
Liaison to the Hamilton family,
真是令人羡慕的岗位
that's quite an appointment.
恭喜你 先生
Congratulations, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
我得说 我以为我相当符合资格
I must say, I thought myself quite qualified,
但我想就这项特殊任务来说
but then I suppose perhaps for this particular assignment,
也许你是更好的人选
you were the better man.
当然 我理解
Of course, I can understand
这份工作中对你有多么重要
how it would be of such importance to you.
像你这种出身的人 木匠的儿子
Someone of your station-- son of a carpenter's mate
有机会能跟勋爵往来
given a chance to socialize with a lord.
好好守住这个位子吧 也许你能说服大家
Hold that position for long enough and you might convince everyone
之前是大家小看你了
you're something more than you actually are.
你其实是一位极有教养的绅士
A gentleman, most civilized.
我想讨到托马斯·汉密尔顿的欢心
I imagine there is no end to the benefits
他会给予你享不尽的好处
Thomas Hamilton's favor could bestow upon you.
将来的工作 地位
Future employment, status--
天呐 我理解如果他很喜欢你
hell, I understand if he likes you well enough,
他甚至会让你操他的妻子
he may even let you fuck his wife.
够了
Enough!
如果你们是我舰队的军官
If you are an officer in my fleet,
你们最好离开这里
I suggest you leave this place.
马上
Now!
你不能怪那些船员
You can't blame the men.
他们在极其糟糕的船长底下饱尝痛苦
They'd suffered under an awful stretch of captains.
低能人 骗子 说谎者
Weaklings, frauds, liars.
奈得·洛 不管他怎么样 他不是那样的人
Ned Low, whatever he is, he's none of those things.
船员认定他是一名有能力的船长
The men saw him as an answer.
但现在我担心他们不明白
But now I fear they cannot see that by supporting him,
支持他也许是在自取灭亡
they may be sowing the seeds of their own destruction.
米克斯先生 你的船员不会那么蠢
Mr. Meeks, your men can't possibly be that stupid.
他们会不知道一旦好运气号♥上的珍宝
Are they unaware of the profits
染上血会遭受多少损失吗
he cost them with the Good Fortune prize?
或者得罪我会害他们将来损失多少钱吗
Or the future profits he's costing them with me?
女士 在这件事上我不确定我的立场
Ma'am, I'm uncertain of my footing on this subject.
一言概括
Suffice it to say,
好运气号♥交出了一件贵重的战利品
the Good Fortune yielded up a unique item of great value.
船员知道下次分钱会从哪儿分
The men know where their next distribution is coming from
而且知道不是你那儿
and it isn't you.
那是什么
Item? What kind of item?
我真的不能说
I really cannot say.
米克斯先生 我不知道
Well, Mr. Meeks, I'm not exactly sure
你想我为你做什么
what it is you think I can do for you,
-但我有生意... -我听说你能把船长废了
- but I've got business-- - I hear you depose captains.
-你说什么 -我听说你有那种能耐
- Excuse me? - I'm told you have that power.
我听说你那么做过
I'm told you've done it before.
那只是个特例
That was a special case
我差点因此把我的生计给赔上了
and something I nearly paid for at the cost of my livelihood.
跟我现在扮演的角色完全不同
Simply incompatible with the role I play here now.
他是个疯子
He is a mad man.
他视你为自己宣泄愤怒的对象
And he's fixed on you as an object of his ire.
我需要你的帮助 我的船员需要你的帮助
I need your help. My men need your help.
你也会乐于看到此事顺利解决
But you have an interest in seeing this resolved as well.
女士
Ma'am.
马上过去
I'm on my way.
在酒馆等我
Wait for me in the bar.
我们接着说
We'll continue this conversation.
抱歉 先生们 让你们久等了
Apologies, gentlemen, for keeping you waiting.
我已经迫不及待想听听劳伦斯船长的此行收获了
I'm most eager to hear the results of Captain Lawrence's journey.
-谢了 亲爱的 -在犒劳自己啊 我理解
- Thanks, love. - Treating yourself, I see.
你太有资格对自己好一点了
I'd say you're entitled.
你为我的酒馆所作的贡献可圈可点
The work you've done for my inn is commendable.
这些辛苦如果不能转化为战利品又有何用呢
And what good are the efforts if they yield no spoils?
-我不知道你是什么意思 -不知道吗
- I don't know what you mean. - Don't ya?
小姐 你跟安妮之间到底发生了什么
Mademoiselle, what exactly is happening between you and Anne?
她想让我滚出酒馆 滚到街上去
She wanted me out of the inn, out on the streets.
你要我怎么做
What would you have had me do?
我说不好 但勾引她确实是
I couldn't say, but seducing her was certainly...
一个有点儿意思的办法
an interesting approach.
随你怎么说
Call it what you like,
但昨天她还在暴怒中
but yesterday she was enraged.
今天就没事了
And today she is not.
那不叫勾引
That is not seduction,
只是消除了使她懊恼的诱因
that is simply removing the cause of her frustration.
别扯了
Please.
她懊恼是因为你非要和埃莉诺·格斯里对着干
She was frustrated because you crossed Eleanor Guthrie.
你还真信
Do you really believe that?
早在那之前
Has she not been behaving strangely
她没表现出不对劲吗
for far longer than any of that?
要是哈蒙德先生在这儿 或许他能作个证
Were Mr. Hamund here, perhaps he could testify on the subject.
抱歉
I beg your pardon,
你是想让我相信 安妮杀了八个人
but are you asking me to believe that Anne killed eight men,
剧集 | 黑帆 | 导航列表