剧集 | 黑帆 | 导航列表
你是海军司令部派来的联络员吗
Are you the liaison sent by the Admiralty?
是的 勋爵
I am, my lord.
我想在拿骚永远覆灭前拯救她
I intend to save Nassau before she's lost forever.
霍尼戈德负责联盟运作的安保工作
Hornigold provided security for the consortium's operations.
你现在要我填补这个职务吗
And you'd like me to fill that role for you now?
如果你的朋友没能力保护好自己
If your friends aren't capable of protecting themselves,
那他们就不值得被保护
they aren't worth protecting.
-你叫什么名字 -奈得·洛
- What's your name? - Ned Low.
如果只为了一点点钱而彼此敌对
It would be a shame to make enemies of each other
那就太遗憾了
over such a small amount of money.
滚出我的地盘
Get out of my place.
真是捡到宝了 米克斯先生
Hell of a prize, Mr. Meeks.
捡到宝了
Hell of a prize.
或许你能大人不记我小人过
Perhaps it is in everyone's best interest
这样对大家都好
that you and I find a way past all of this.
想偷那些金子根本不可能
There's simply no way of stealing that gold.
但也许你们可以偷些别的 他们的战舰
But there might be something else you can steal -- their war ship.
你们都会被送回拿骚
You will both be transported back to Nassau,
也就是说你们将永远离开这艘船
at which point you will be removed from this ship permanently.
我觉得你想夺回这艘船的领导权
I think you intend to take control of this ship.
然后重回海滩
And then I think you intend to return to that beach
把那儿的金币尽数拿走
and seize every last ounce of gold off of it.
我还认为你需要我的帮助
And I think you're going to need my help to do it.
这是我从一个西班牙主教那学来的
I learned of this technique from a Spanish bishop.
他们说 只要六天
Six days, they claim,
阳光的暴晒就会使皮革紧缩
before the sun shrinks the leather so tight
导致肋骨断裂 刺穿里面的重要器官
that the ribs collapse, piercing vital organs within.
然后第七天 你就能永远安息了
And on the seventh day, you'll rest.
谁能想到呢 这帮家伙还挺有幽默感的
Who knew? They have a sense of humor.
当我的人把你从海里救起来
When my men first pulled you out of the sea
并带回要塞时
and brought you back to this garrison,
我就知道你能派上大用场
I knew right away you were going to be of great value to me.
虽然当时你对此嗤之以鼻
You were ill-disposed to acknowledge as much then,
但如今五天后
but five days later,
我相信我已经引起了你的注意
I believe I have your attention.
这或许是一次机会
You see, I believe I may have an opportunity
让我可以终于逃离这里
to be liberated from this place.
而你就是这个机会
And you are going to help me.
神说 要有光
And God said, "Let there be light,"
就有了光
and then there was light.
神看着是好的
And He saw that it was good,
就把旱地和水分开了
and He separated the land from the water,
称水的聚处为海
and He called the water the Seas.
神说 水要多多滋生有生命的物
And He said, "Let the sea bring forth life abundantly."
神就赐福于水
And He blessed it,
神说这是好的
and He said that it was good.
神用地上的尘土造人
And He formed man of the dust of the ground
将生气吹在他鼻孔里
and breathed life into his nostrils
他就成了有灵的活人
and man became a living soul.
神看着自己所创造的一切
And He beheld all He had created,
说这是好的
and He said it was very good.
但耶♥和♥华♥看着照自己形象造出的人
But the Lord beheld the man made in his likeness
神看到了他的孤独
and He beheld his solitude...
神说
and He said,
那人独居不好
"It is not good that he is alone."
这个故事的意义是
And the moral of the story...
每个人都需要同伴
everybody needs a partner.
你就是那个应我父亲之请
You are the partner assigned to me
由海军部派来
in response to my father's
协助我的同伴 但看起来
request by the Admiralty, but it would appear
就连你也认为这一切努力注定无果
that even you believe this endeavor is doomed to fail.
抱歉 勋爵 我没有这个意思
Beg pardon, my lord, but I didn't say that.
我只是觉得或许我们
I merely said that it would be wise
应该量力而行
for us to manage our expectations
这样可能更明智
as to what's achievable.
那你认为什么是我们力所能及的
And what is it that you think is achievable?
大人 尽管海盗是个棘手的问题
Well, sir, the pirate issue is a thorny one,
但我相信仍然有办法...
but I believe that there are ways to--
-除了海盗之外 -您的意思是
- Aside from the pirates. - I'm sorry?
我认为海盗不是拿骚问题的原因
I don't believe the pirates are the cause of Nassau's problem.
而是表现出来的一种症状
I believe they are a symptom.
我想谈谈出现这种症状的根本原因
The root causes are the ones that I would like to address first.
根本原因
Root causes?
总督贪污受贿
The graft of its governor.
管理者软弱无能
The incompetence of its managers.
拥有者坐视不管
The neglect of its lords.
这些原因导致的不稳定
The instability caused by these things
才是拿骚出现海盗的根本原因
is what draws the pirates to Nassau,
而不是反过来
not the other way around.
所以从这里开始说起
So let's begin there.
你觉得有什么方法 能真正地
What is it that you believe would truly return
让拿骚变恢复以前的安定繁荣
Nassau to stable profitability?
您是说除了消灭海盗以外的方法吗
You mean aside from removing the pirates?
是的 这个方法暂且不论
Let's leave them out for now, yes.
都需要什么呢
What would it take?
要有种植甘蔗和烟草经验的农民
Farmers, men skilled in the cultivation of sugar and tobacco.
维持秩序的治安官 修建楼房♥的木工
Magistrates to maintain order. Carpenters to raise buildings.
鼓舞人心的神职人员
Clergy to raise spirits.
足够他们吃上半年甚至是一年的食物
Foodstuffs to sustain them all for six months, perhaps a year.
三艘运送人员物资的船 配上水手
Three ships to transport it all, sailors to sail them.
还要有个诚实可靠的总督
And an honest governor,
有史以来第一个能监督所有事的总督
the first in recent memory, to oversee it all.
简而言之就是建立一个殖民地
In short, you'd be assembling a colony,
把人和物资都装上船 运送过大西洋
boarding it onto ships, transporting it across the Atlantic,
并希望等到达目的地的时候 他们能习惯
and hoping that when it arrives, it takes to an environment
这样一个在过去50年内一直抵抗
that has resisted every attempt at stable commerce
所有稳定贸易的地方
for the past 50 years.
这之外还有
Oh, and then there are the
我们说好不讨论的海盗
pirates that we've agreed not to discuss.
你确定三艘船够吗
Are you sure three ships would be enough?
阁下 我认为我得对您坦诚相待
My lord, I feel I have to be honest with you.
我非常怀疑
I have grave doubts about
这种事是否现实
whether something like this is realistic.
-我感受到了 -如果您需要的是
- Yes, I've gathered that. - If you wish to request
更赞同您观点的联络员
a liaison more sympathetic to your views,
我相信亨尼斯上将会乐意效劳的
I'm sure Admiral Hennessey would be happy to oblige.
新世界是一份礼物 上尉
The New World is a gift, Lieutenant,
这是个反乱拨正 重新开始的好机会
a sacred opportunity to right our wrongs and begin anew.
我可不想因为我的家族参与其中
And I do not want my family's plot in it
而导致它的覆灭
to be the reason for its fall.
我要找的不是阿谀奉承之人
I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand.
我需要的是能帮我
I need someone who can help me
确保拿骚能挺过去的人
ensure that Nassau survives.
这个赌注太大了
The stakes are too great for anything else.
而您觉得我就是那个人
And you suspect that I'm that person
尽管事实摆在眼前
despite the fact that it's clear
我们的世界观非常不同吗
that we both view the world very differently?
正是因为这点
Because of it.
奇怪的组合 上尉
Strange pairs, Lieutenant.
这种组合往往会取得最意外的成就
They can achieve the most unexpected things.
如果你想的话可以甩手走人
You can walk away from all this if you wanted.
我们一到拿骚
The moment we arrive at Nassau,
你就自♥由♥了 想去哪都可以
you're free to go anywhere you want.
而你却提出
And yet you've offered
帮我重新夺回控制权
to help me regain control of this crew.
你为何要这么做
Why would you do that?
你是说除了我能分到金子之外吗
You mean aside from the share of gold I'd get out of it?
还有别的挣钱方法 还有别的船队
There are other ways of earning money, other crews.
我不想挣钱
I don't want to earn money.
我不想加入别的船队
I don't want to join another crew.
剧集 | 黑帆 | 导航列表