剧集 | 万神殿(2022) | 导航列表
跟你经历的这一切风风雨雨
What we've been through together has changed
已经改变我的所有认知
almost everything I believe.
所以
So...
没错 我相信这样能行
hell yes, I believe that will work.
因为我相信我们
'Cause I believe in us.
你不能这么做
You can't do that.
已经做好计划
It's already in play.
不是的
No.
是的 - 不
Yes. No!
我不想那样
I don't want that.
你听到了吗
Do you hear me?
我不想让你把我恢复
I don't want you to bring me back.
为什么
Why?
为什么不想
Why not?
为什么不想
Why not?!
波普让你去会议室一趟
Pope wants you in the conference room.
上将 这位是皮特-韦克斯曼博士
Admiral, this is Dr. Peter Waxman,
我们这个顶目的主导人
one of our leads on this.
皮特 这是库尔兹上将
Pete, this is Admiral Kurtz.
他是国安局的新局长
He's the new director of the NSA.
上将好
Admiral.
其实 我今天是作为网络指挥部领导来的
Actually, I'm wearing my Cyber Command hat today.
这是史蒂文-戈尔德博士
This is Dr. Steven Gold.
他是国防高级计划研究局国防科学办公室的负责人
He heads up DARPA's Defense Sciences Office.
你将要听到的是最高机密
What you're about to hear is top secret.
不得外传
Doesn't go outside this room.
当然 - 我们在做一个
Of course. -We've been working on
跟上载情报相关的
an experimental project
实验顶目
involving uploaded intelligence.
结果发现我们不是
Only turns out we're not the only ones
该领域唯一的玩家
playing in this sandbox.
其他玩家可能已经把这项技术
And other players may have already weaponized
武器化了
the technology.
你是说 他们真的做到了
Y-You mean they've actually done it?
真人上载
Uploaded people?
这正是我们来访的原因
Which is why we're here.
我们逐渐发现 上载过程存在缺陷
We've become aware of a... flaw in the upload process,
我们认为 如果有人能解决这个缺陷
and we figure, if anyone could help us crack it,
那一定是你们
it'd be you guys.
霍尔斯特伦也有过类似想法
Holstrom had something similar.
叫做命运计划 对吧
Project Destiny, right?
做到哪一阶段了
And how far did he get with it?
他发现存在同样的缺陷 连原型阶段都没通过
Didn't go past prototype after he learned about the same flaw.
不如你带他们看一下相关资料
Why don't you get them the relevant materials?
好的
Sure.
上将 我也曾经以为
Admiral, look, I always thought
史蒂芬-霍尔斯特伦是该领域的天花板
Stephen Holstrom was one of a kind, but, recently,
直到最近 我们团队发现了一个暗网黑客天才
our team came across a gifted Dark Web hacker
他或许有能力解决缺陷
that they think could help.
要是国安局能帮忙找到他
Now, if the NSA can help track him down...
一家人不说两家话
We're family now.
他叫什么名字
What's his name?
卡斯宾
Caspian something.
我们把所有掌握的情况告诉你们
We'll get you all the intel we have.
问 这个数乘以多少
The problem asks us what number we have to multiply
能得到24
by X to get 24.
要回答这个问题 需要设一个未知数X
But to answer that, we have to put it in terms of what is X?
然后就是简单的数学♥运♥算了
And it becomes simple math.
24除以3等于
24 divided by 3 equals...?
等于8 对吧
Equals 8, right?
那为什么不直接说
Then why not just say that?
我们干嘛要知道未知数是什么
Why do we have to know what X is?
相信我 无论你做什么 人生中的细枝末节
Trust me, whatever you do-- and I'm talking about in life--
你总会遇到解决未知数的问题
you're always gonna be solving for X.
未知数 是你预测不到
X is the thing you don't see coming...
但会在你最意想不到的时候
the thing that's gonna knife you in the back
从背后捅你一刀的东西
when you least expect it.
设 Y为我的选择 我自己想要的东西
Say Y equals my choices, what I want for myself,
Z是别人对我的期望
and Z is what's expected of me.
比如 我想追求让自己开心的事
Like, I want to do what makes me happy,
但世界对我说 傻瓜
but the world says, "No, dumbass.
你必须这么这么做
You got to do this."
去上这门课 好好学数学
Like, "Go to this class, get good at math," right?
所以 你该如何解决这个问题 做自己
So how do you resolve that, be your own person,
尤其是前路有这么多未知时
especially when you factor in all these other X's?
变数太多了
Multiple unknowns.
疫情 气候变化 战争
Another pandemic, climate change, war?
多个未知数
Multiple unknowns.
递归算法螺旋上升
Recursive algorithms spiral out.
中心支撑不住 因为根本不存在一个中心
The center can't hold because there is no center.
他在说什么啊
What's he saying?
而是多个中心 就像是池中涟漪
But multiple centers-- like ripples in a pond.
分形几何的对消与强化
Fractal heuristic geometries canceling and reinforcing.
我去 《心灵捕手》嘛这不是
Damn, "Good Will Hunting."
别激动啊
Chill.
第一天上课感觉如何
So, how was your first day of school?
估计挺不合格的
I think I flunked out.
至少你引了他们的兴趣 成功一半儿了
You got their attention. That's half the battle.
你都看到了
You saw that?
很抱歉 我也不知道自己是怎么了
I'm sorry. I-I don't know what happened.
我想可能
I guess it just...
求你别把我赶走
Please don't kick me out.
另找他人解决未知吗
And find someone else who can solve for X?
不可能
Not a chance.
只想确认下你没事
Just wanted to make sure you're okay.
听着 我无意过多打探
Look, I don't want to sound pushy.
很多年轻人来到我们这儿
A lot of young people who come here--
就为了吃口热饭 我什么都不问
they just want a hot meal, no questions asked.
但似乎 你在逃避什么
But it seems like... you're running from something.
也许跟我说说 我能帮上忙
Maybe if you tell me what it is, I can help.
说不好 一个人能逃离他自己吗
I don't know. Can you run away from yourself?
你是什么意思 - 我是说
What do you mean? -I mean...
我不知道我是谁
I don't know who I am.
也许我知道 这就是问题所在
Or maybe I do, and that's the problem.
对身份认知的挣扎与和解
The struggle to reconcile conflicting identities is--
是我们这里的永恒主题
is pretty much par for the course for the brothers here.
我们在开始这段工作前
Most of us lived... very different lives
过的生活与此截然不同
before we took up our vocations.
我看到那些纹身了
I, uh, saw the tats.
你以为这是在监狱纹的
You thought those were from prison?
我曾是某个金属乐认的一员
I was in a bad metal band.
对 把大部分时间都花在毒品上
Yeah, I spent most of my time with a needle.
似乎我们只能被社会 父母的要求驱使
It can seem like we're required to act in certain ways
有时甚至被自己的不良冲动驱使
by society, our parents, even our own bad impulses,
自己毫无选择
that we don't really have a choice.
我们有吗
Do we?
基♥督♥教的最大悖论
The great paradox of Christian faith
就是就们相信宿命
is that we believe in predestination.
对上帝来说 每一刻的存在都是即时性的
For God, all moments of time are present in their immediacy.
而我们同时也相信个人自♥由♥意志
And we also believe in individual free will.
换句话说 我们不知道自己终将归于何处
In other words, since we can't know our ultimate futures,
也就无法知道自己的选择会作何影响
we also can't know how our choices will affect them.
但重要的是 我们有的选
What matters is that we still get to choose.
又如何知道当下的选择一定正确呢
How do you know... if it's the right choice?
任何选择都可能是正确的
Any choice could be the right one,
只要你愿意接受
so long as you willingly embrace it.
你是对的
You were right.
对 我知道
Yeah, I know.
所以 这个东西你也得交给国安局吗
So, did you have to give this to the NSA, as well?
如果国安局发现我们创建了追踪上载智能的程序
If the NSA knew we built a program to track UIs,
剧集 | 万神殿(2022) | 导航列表