剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
Cough never left.
-最近几个月情况恶化了 -喝点水
-It's worsened over the last few months. -Have some water.
肺结核
Consumption.
-你应该写信给我的 -我们写了,很久以前
-You should have written. -We did. A long while ago.
也许在你的信到达之前,我们已经离开了山岭了
Maybe we'd already left the Ridge before your letter arrived.
我可能…
I could…
我可能明天就死了,也可能活不到一年
I could be dead tomorrow or not for a year.
如果有人想打赌,我赌三个月
If anybody fancies a wager, I'm betting three months.
老傻瓜,你要怎么领♥取♥奖金?
How will you collect the winnings, you old fool?
领主的房♥间一直没用过,伊恩不太喜欢爬楼梯
The laird's chamber hasna been in use. Ian doesna much like the stairs.
我会为你们准备的
I'll prepare it for you.
我很抱歉,杰米
I'm so sorry, Jamie.
我在30年代和40年代时,多次看到这种疾病
I saw this disease many times in the '30s and '40s.
我感受到
I feel…
你告诉我你穿过石头时的感受
how you told me you felt when you came through the stones.
仿佛你的世界还在,但却不是你曾经的世界
As if your world was still there, but it's not the world you had.
我…
I…
这是我的家,但是…
This is my home, and yet…
家是心之所在
Home is where the heart is,
但它也是会让人心碎的地方
but it's also the place where it can be broken.
对
Aye.
这些墙见证了我们家所有的不幸
These walls have witnessed all our family's woes.
还有无数的祝福
And countless blessings.
我们第一次说我爱你,就是在这个房♥间里
The first time we ever said I love you was in this room.
有些事情不会变
Some things dinna change.
我会尽我所能
I'll do what I can.
我们只要尽量让伊恩觉得舒服就行了
We just have to try and make Ian as comfortable as we can.
确保他在最后的日子里被爱包围着
Make sure he's surrounded by love in his final days.
对
Aye.
伊恩叔叔,给我们讲讲印第安人的事,印第安姑娘们穿什么
Uncle Ian, tell us all about the Indians. What do the Indian lasses wear,
裙子还是马裤?
dresses or breeches?
你脸上的那些印记是怎么来的?
How'd you get those marks on your face?
安静点,你们说个不停
Hush now, you'd talk the hind legs off a donkey.
别烦你们的叔叔了
Leave your uncle in peace.
走吧,你们这群孩子
Away with the lot of you.
保持礼仪,出去
Manners. Out.
我觉得你摆脱不了,他们的提问,小伙子
I dinna think you've gotten out of it yet, lad.
-他们很快就会回来的 -他们会失望的
-They'll be back soon enough. -They'll be disappointed.
我很久没和莫霍克人住在一起了,我在战争中当过印第安侦察兵
I havena lived with the Mohawk in years. I've been an Indian scout for the war.
所以你们都在为这场独♥立♥战争而战?
So you've all been fighting in this battle for independence?
是的,革命
Yes. The Revolution.
是的,当然,就在法国承诺,会承认美国为一个新国家时
Aye. And, of course, Britain declared war on France
英国就向法国宣战了
as soon as France pledged it would recognize America as a new nation.
但我无法想象法国会出现那样的动荡
But I couldna imagine unrest like that in France.
这样也好,因为弗雷泽公♥司♥
It's just as well, since Fraser et Compagnie
将在巴黎收♥购♥三家新机构
will acquire three new establishments in Paris.
美酒永远都是人们的心头好
Well, folk never tire of good wine.
伊恩
Ian.
来,喝这个,会有帮助的
Here. Drink this. It should help.
如果你不介意的话
If you dinna mind,
我和我的小儿子有一些事情要商量
my youngest son and I have some matters to discuss.
告诉我一切,儿子
Tell me everything, son.
我想听听关于美国和你的狗的故事,我想听所有一切
I want to hear about America, about your dog. I want to hear it all.
你在信中写道
You wrote in your letters that
你和你的莫霍克族妻子失去了孩子
you and your Mohawk wife lost your child.
我们很了解这种痛苦
We know that pain well.
我经历过黑暗的日子
I've had dark days.
但我又见到了艾米丽,她现在有一个女儿了
But I saw Emily again. She has a daughter now.
我还见到了她的儿子最快的蜥蜴
And I met her son, Swiftest of Lizards.
所以她又生孩子了?
So she bore more children?
是的,和她的新丈夫
Aye. With her new husband.
真希望我们也能这么做
Hard not to wish we could've done the same.
但是这个小男孩
But the wee lad,
我发现
I found out…
他是我的
he's mine.
我还没有告诉其他人
I havena told anyone else.
你应该告诉你妈妈
You should tell your mother.
无论如何,她都会很高兴知道,你有一个儿子
She'd be happy to ken you've got a son, no matter the circumstances.
也许我会说的
Maybe I will.
离开他很痛苦
It hurt to leave him.
从那以后我每天都在想他
And I've thought about him every day since.
但我知道他最好还是和家人呆在一起
But I knew it was best for him to stay with his family.
他有一个父亲
He has a father.
尽管如此,它…
Still, it…
我很高兴认识他
it makes my heart glad to know of him.
艾米丽让我给他取个名字,给他进入我们的世界时用
Emily asked me to give him a name for when he walks in our world.
我取了
And I did.
伊恩詹姆斯
Ian James.
这是个好名字
It's a fine name.
这个世界还能再多一个伊恩
The world can always stand to have another Ian.
对
Aye.
我已经接受了,我和艾米丽之间发生的事
And I've made my peace with what happened between Emily and I.
你知道
You know,
莱里的琼安还未婚,她是个大美人
Laoghaire's Joan is still unwed. She's quite a beauty.
不,我有了另一位姑娘
No. There's another lass.
是吗?她是谁?
There is? Who is she?
她的名字叫瑞秋
Her name is Rachel.
她很善良
She's kind
很勇敢
and brave,
充满信心,阳光开朗
full of faith and light.
你爱她吗?
Do you love her?
我爱
I do.
-她知道你爱她吗?-我告诉她了
-Does she ken you love her? -I tried to tell her.
但我是用莫霍克语说的
But I said it in Mohawk.
什么?你让她等着你?
God. But you asked her to wait for you?
没有
No.
我没有,但她帮我养着我的狗
I didna. But she has my dog.
一只狗
A dog
并不能保证你能娶她为妻
does not a wife guarantee.
伊恩,小伙子,我为你感到高兴
Ian, lad, I'm happy for you.
一个男人需要一个妻子,一个好妻子
A man needs a wife, and a good one
是上帝给男人最好的礼物,这就是你母亲对我的影响
is the greatest gift God has for a man. That's what your mother has been to me.
如果我确定你已经安顿下来,我会走得更轻松
I'd go much easier if I kent you were settled.
也许是这样
Maybe so.
答应我
Promise me.
嘿
Hey.
答应我你会去找她,没时间浪费了
Promise me you'll go to her. Huh? There's no time to waste.
如果她像你说的那样可爱善良
And if she's as lovely and kind as you say,
你不想在你不在的时候,让其他男人把她夺走,是吗?
you dinna want some other man to carry her off her feet whilst you're away, do you?
我没把你培养成傻瓜
I didna raise you to be a fool.
我不能离开你,爸爸
I canna leave you, Da.
你也在强迫这匹可怜的母马吃苹果?
You're forcing apples on the poor mare, too?
是的,马和我一样喜欢它们的牙齿
Yeah, the horses appreciate their teeth as much as I do.
克莱尔…
Claire…
我要去见莱里,如果我去了,你会杀了我吗?
I need to go and see Laoghaire. Will you kill me if I do?
你是在征求我的同意吗?
Are you asking for my permission?
不是,只是…我觉得我应该告诉你,就这样
I am not. It's only--I thought I should tell you, is all.
真贴心,你介意告诉我,你为什么想去看她吗?
That's very considerate. Would you mind telling me why you want to go see her?
我没有说我想见她,我说我需要
I didna say I want to see her. I said I need to.
如果你想知道她和谁在一起了
If you want to find out who she's sleeping with,
有不那么直接的方式
there are less direct ways.
我根本不在乎那个
I dinna care about that.
好奇是很自然的
It's natural to be curious.
那不是我需要见她的原因,是因为
That's not why I need to see her. It was what…
休在葬礼上谈到了西蒙
Hugh said about Simon at the funeral.
离开家乡,在一个,不属于自己的国家战斗
Leaving home, fighting in a country that's no' his own,
还有事情没做完,对我来说也是一样
leaving business unfinished. It is the same for me.
我在美国打过仗
I fought in America.
它现在是我的家
It is my home now.
但是我和我娶过的那个女人,还有事没完
But I have business here unfinished with the woman I married.
那请向她致以最诚挚的问候,好吗?
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表