剧集 | 詹姆斯·卡梅隆的科幻故事(2018) | 导航列表
It's really, really hard, and it takes a long, long time.
因为你必须创造出
Because you've got to create
异常非凡而独特的事物
something that's truly unusual and different,
但又要有亲切感 才能令人信服
but familiar so you believe it.
过不了多久 脑子都会被想坏
And so, after a while, it can fry your brain.
但是现在我们有了数字化技术
But now that we've got digital technology,
你可以想象任何东西
you can think of anything.
我一直对外星人的形态
I always find the morphology
非常感兴趣
of the anatomy of aliens interesting.
杰克·霍勒
古生物学者 顾问
《侏罗纪公园》
科幻小说的作者
You know, science fiction writers,
就像制♥造♥想象的引擎
they're like these imagination engines.
总是充满着瑰丽的想象
That's what they are.
也许他们像我们一样有四肢
Maybe they have four limbs as we do.
西德尼·珀喀维兹
物理学家 科学作家
《双面好莱坞科学科幻大不同》[台译]
也许他们看起来像蜘蛛
Maybe they look like a spider,
这似乎是个普遍的想法
which seems to be a very popular choice.
或是看起来像章鱼 乌贼
Maybe they look like an octopus or a squid.
我很喜欢研究大自然
I always like to look at nature,
当要创造某种生物时
but when coming up with any creature,
亚伦·西姆斯
概念设计师
《怪奇物语》
你总会想要寻找到
it's always, you want to create some kind of,
某种参照物
like, aspect of reference.
你的想法从哪来
Where are you coming from?
这种生物能会让我们想起什么
What is this creature going to evoke?
这并不仅仅是生物学
It's not just about biology,
也是有关于我们自己的心理学
but it's about our own psychology, as well.
我们的工作
And that's our job, is to --
亚厉克·吉利斯
生物特效公♥司♥设计师
《异形》系列
是赋予外星生物实体感
is to give tactility to the creatures
从而引起人们想要达到的特定反应
so that you evoke the desired response,
比如是让人敬畏 还是令人愉快喜爱
whether it's one of awe, joy, or love or what it might be.
当然你可以让他们看起来很友好
Obviously, you can make them very friendly
只要给他们大眼睛和大额头就好了
by giving them big eyes and big foreheads --
这些是在人类社会里我们认为可爱的特质
the cute features that we see in modern humans.
让人们感到害怕的外星人
But aliens that are scary to human beings
总是看起来滑溜溜 且像爬行类动物
seem to always be slimy and reptilian
刘宇昆
科幻作家
为了能让人感到恶心反感
for that revulsion response.
一连串的触角
在文学中
In literature,
你可以模糊地描述某种东西
you can sort of describe something in vague terms.
它的脚有四趾
瘦骨嶙峋的爪子
也许霍华德·菲利普·洛夫克拉夫特会写道
You know, maybe H.P. Lovecraft would say
黑色的绳状手臂
"我看了一眼它的外形 简直恶心到家了"
that, "I gazed upon its visage, and it sickened my soul,"
或是别的什么说法
or whatever he would say,
但这并不是真正的描述
but that's not really a real description.
对于艺术家来说 你得让这样东西栩栩如生
For an artist, you have to bring that to life.
我认为有一位艺术家
And I think the single artist
他成功地凸显了
who has most successfully defined
生物样貌的重要性
this importance of the look of a creature,
他就是汉斯·鲁道夫·吉格尔
in my opinion, has got to be H.R. Giger,
原始异形的设计者
who designed the original Xenomorph.
我曾是工业设计师
I was industrial designer.
我的设计从这段经历中获益良多
It helped me very much to design a creature.
汉斯·鲁道夫·吉格尔
艺术家
异形的基础结构
The Xenomorphs have a fantastic basic design
运用了很多性心理学的意象
that employ all sorts of psychosexual imagery,
以及死亡意象
as well as death imagery,
比如类似阴♥茎♥的头部
and you know, the phallic head and its life cycle
和生命周期起始于强♥暴♥的设定
that basically starts with rape.
《异形》
这是什么东西
What the hell is that?
我第一次见雷德利·斯科特的时候
When I first met Ridley Scott,
他拿出了一堆画作
he pulled out all these drawings.
那是一个非常险恶的世界
It was a very sinister world,
西格妮·韦弗
演员
《异形》系列
我从未在任何电影中见过
and not a world I'd ever seen in a film.
我还记得我曾想
In fact, I remember thinking,
我觉得你拍不出这样的电影
"I don't see how you can make a film look like this."
如果你看雷德利的电影
If you look at Ridley's movie,
会发现他的电影并没有过时
you know, it hasn't dated.
我觉得这是因为吉格尔的设计
And I think that plays to a lot of strengths
保罗·W·S·安德森
导演
《异形大战铁血战士》
赋予这部电影很多生命力
of Giger's design for the alien.
电影里所展示的
You know, it's really a man's life's work
真的是一个人的毕生杰作
that Ridley got to take and put on screen.
我认为你创造了
I feel pretty strongly that you created
有史以来最棒的外星生物
the best alien movie in history.
很多怪兽设计得并不是很好
Most beasts are not very good.
只是我们曾见过生物的复♥制♥品
Or repetitions of other creatures that we have seen.
雷德利·斯科特
导演 制♥作♥人
有些电影最终揭示怪兽面目时就毁了
Films have been ruined by showing the beast finally.
史蒂文在《大白鲨》里是这样做的
As Steven did in "Jaws,"
令人震惊的怪兽
The shock was exclusive
只有两到三个镜头
to two or three frames, like that.
我说 我们最大的问题是要将其展示出来
"Our biggest problem will be to make this work," I said,
因为还没有数字化
"Because I haven't got digital.
所有的展示都要由人穿在身上的
It's all going to be a guy in a suit."
我们当时还没有这些技术
We didn't have any of that stuff back then.
在电影里 他是在场的
But in this, he's present.
我不能跳过他的镜头
I can't cut around him.
-我得真实地看到他 -但你做到了
- I have to see him. - But you did it.
用你的眼光和审美
With your eye and your taste,
而且你认可了
and you recognized the value
吉格尔蕴含性心理学生物架构的价值
of Hans Ruedi Giger's psychosexual bio-mechanoid.
灵感来源于《死灵之书》里的一张画
Yes, the trick there is one picture from Necronomicon.
-吉格尔的那本书 -外形轮廓的参考
- Oh, from Giger's book. - It's the profile.
这幅画就是雷德利·斯科特想在电影里
This is the painting of the alien
展示的外星人的样子
that Ridley Scott wanted to have for his film.
就像是给我展示一张肮脏的明信片
It was like showing me a dirty postcard.
他说 你看这个
He said, "Look at that."
我喊道 我的天啊
I went, "Holy good God!" Yeah.
连画它的人
And from that, the person that drew it
都觉得看到很不舒服
said they were uncomfortable by it.
非常恶心 但我说 恶心很好
It was obscene. I said, "Obscene's good."
令人厌恶和恶心真是太棒了
Disturbing and obscene is very good.
含有性暗示的令人厌恶非常好
Sexually disturbing is very good.
-演绎恐惧 -演绎恐惧
- Play the fear. - Play the fear.
这部电影就是关于恐惧的演化
The film was all about evolution of fear.
多数异形同时具有男性
Most of the Xenomorphs combined both masculine
和女性的性别特征
and feminine sexual characteristic,
丽莎·亚斯泽克
科幻研究教授
佐治亚理工学院
这对我们来说非常恐怖
and that's terrifying to us
因为我们理解怪物和他者的一种方法
because one of the ways we make sense of the monstrous and of others
是试图将它们用某种方式映射在
is by trying to map them in some way
我们对现存事物的理解中
that matches our own understanding of existence.
《异型4 浴火重生》
而我们考虑人类的一个重要角度
And one of the key ways that we think about humanity
就是性别
is in terms of gender.
这是我们知道新生儿出生时的第一个问题
It's the first question we ask when we hear a new baby is born.
异形把两种性别特征混合在一起
The problem with the aliens is that they blend together, the two,
对我们来说不再是能够理解和控制的
and so are no longer understandable and controllable.
把你的双手放在头顶上
Now put your hands on the dome
就像是在轻抚一样
like you're stroking it.
像吉格尔做的那样
Remember, like, that Giger thing?
雷德利是在酒吧遇到鲍拉吉·巴德乔的
Ridley met Badejo Bolaji at a pub.
他是个艺术生 身高二米二左右
He was an art student. He was about 7'4".
剧集 | 詹姆斯·卡梅隆的科幻故事(2018) | 导航列表