剧集 | 灵异之城(2006) | 导航列表
and I--I think that it's you.
我想是因为你
Me?
我
Yeah, you know, we've-- we've never worked this closely together
对 我们从未这么近距离地共事过
and I had no idea that you were so magnetic.
我从没发现你是如此有魅力
This sort of thing, it happens all the time.
这种事情 我已经司空见惯了
And I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel
说对你没有感觉
something for you as well.
是假的
But I think it is extremely important that we
但我认为维持我们之间的同事关系
maintain a professional relationship.
是非常重要的
Yes, yes. You are absolutely right.
没错 你说得太对了
So I guess we're going to have
所以我们得继续
to do these interviews over again.
进行面谈了
I'll take the lead this time.
这次换我来问
Good idea.
好主意
I knew I shouldn't have worn these jeans.
我就知道今天不该穿这条牛仔裤
Well, then you'll definitely enjoy this one.
那你肯定会喜欢这本书的
Your uncle's quite a rock star.
你舅舅真像个摇滚巨星
Yeah.
是啊
Have you seen Jack?
你看到杰克了吗
No, not yet. Is uh-- is everything okay?
没有 你们没什么事吧
I don't know. Has he seemed weird to you at all?
我不知道 你不觉得他有点古怪吗
Are you talking about, like, last night?
你是在说昨晚的事吗
He was just reading up on Uncle Marcus.
他只是在仔细研究马卡斯舅舅罢了
Yes, and he continued to read the entire night.
对 然后他又继续研究了一整晚
It looked like Marcus' whole book and mine.
似乎是看掉了马卡斯的整本书还有我的
Uh, I got to go check something.
我得去出去看看
I'll be right back.
马上就回来
Check on--
看什...
Excuse me, is there anything else I can get for you?
抱歉 请问你要吃什么东西吗
I make the best Belgian chocolate souffle in the world.
我做的比利时巧克力舒芙里是世界一流
I'm a bit of a molecular gastronomist, myself.
我也算是个分子美食家了
Would you sign this apron?
你能在这条围裙上签名吗
Of course.
当然
I love him.
我超爱他
Thank you.
谢谢
Jack, good morning. Hi, morning.
杰克 早上好 早上好
Would you like me to sign your copy of my book?
要我在你的书上签名吗
Well, I'm okay, actually.
事实上 我无所谓
I have a couple questions though.
但我有很多问题要问
I bet you do.
我想也是
Like, on page 158, for starters,
比如158页的开头
you postulate that an organic transistor made of rubrene
你认为由红荧烯所制成的有机晶体管
could function properly at room temperature.
能在室温下正常工作
I don't think that takes into account
我认为你没有考虑
its nonlinear thermal properties.
它的非线性热力性质
Jack, what are you talking about?
杰克 你在说什么
Well, no, I went over your brother's specs
我仔细看了了你哥哥的说明书
and that processor is going to overheat
发现要正常运转的话
at the speeds necessary for it to function properly.
那个调节装置很容易过热
And you came to this conclusion all on your own?
这个结论是你自己得出来的吗
Well, it's a pretty glaring error.
这是个非常明显的错误嘛
Why don't you stick to writing parking tickets.
去开你的违停罚单吧
Leave the laws of thermodynamics to the experts.
把热力学定律的问题留给专家
I can prove it.
我能证明的
Come here.
过来
Sorry, sorry. All right.
抱歉 借过
Excuse me for one second. Jack.
失陪一下 杰克
Just one second.
就一会儿
What'd you do to my car?
你对我的车做了什么
An actual rubrene processor? Yes.
一个实体红荧烯调节装置 对
You built this?
你做的
Well, it's amazing what you can build, actually,
事实上 用硅块和半导体开关
with some silicon rods and semiconductor switches.
能做出这个真是神奇
And you added an extra gate in the back of each transistor.
你还在每个晶体管后面加了一个控制极
Well, you have to because organic chips
对 一定得加 不然有机芯片就会有
have that annoying switching problem.
非常麻烦的切换问题
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Have you tested it?
是嘛 你测试过了吗
I was going to, but...
我想测试来着 但...
your car, your career.
这是你的车 所以由你来测试
All right, I don't think this is a good idea.
好吧 我不觉得这是个一个好主意
It's okay.
没事的啦
My design is sound. Oh, yeah.
我的设计是合情合理的 是嘛
It'll hold. Uh, jack?
它经得起考验 杰克
What are you--
你在干...
Marcus, get out of the car.
马卡斯 快下车
Marcus. Wait for it.
马卡斯 等等
Jack, shut it down. Come on!
杰克 快关了 快跑
Tough break, college!
真倒霉啊 伙计
Science is fun.
科学真是太有意思了
Oh, Marcus. I am so sorry.
马卡斯 真是抱歉
I have no idea what Jack was thinking
我不知道杰克是怎么想的
or how he even did this.
也不知道他是如何做到的
Well, it's not that hard.
也没什么难的嘛
The heat tolerance index should have been sufficient.
耐热指数应该已经是绰绰有余的
I don't understand.
我不明白
Well, that's what you get for ignoring
那是因为你忽略了
Gianni Vandehey's principle of entropic inversion.
詹尼·万德黑的熵反演原理
Jack, you're scaring me.
杰克 你吓着我了
If the rubrene microprocessor can't handle the heat,
如果红荧烯微处理装置不能解决过热问题
what can?
那什么可以解决
Well, I was actually noodling around
其实 我想着说
with the idea of attaching a pentacene crystal
将并五苯晶体直接
directly to a silicon substrate.
装在硅衬底上
Jack, that's brilliant.
杰克 这想法非常棒
Yes, it is. And terrifying.
是的 也很吓人
Why?
为什么
All right, Jack.
好吧 杰克
You got my attention, let's talk.
你勾起了我的兴趣 我们来谈谈
Okay, I want to run some tests first.
我想先做几个测试
Oh, that engine's a goner.
引擎都烧坏了
Not on the engine, on you.
不是测试引擎 而是测试你
I'm fine. Let me get my notes,
我很好啊 我先去拿笔记
I'll give you a lift to G.D. Good.
然后跟你一起去动力局 好
Great!
好极了
What--
什么...
Don't worry about the car.
别管这车了
Andy, did you see that?
安迪 你刚才看见了吗
Do I detect a hint of
是问我有没有留意到
burnt fluorocarbons, boss?
烧焦的碳氟化合物的味道吗 老大
Can I get you a fresh uniform?
要我给你拿件新制♥服♥吗
No, I got it.
不用 我受得了
What are you still doing here?
你还杵在这里做什么
Just thought maybe I could make myself useful,
我想或许我还能派上点用场
what with your family visiting.
怎么说你这还有女方家人来访不是
Maybe you could pass some of the work off to me.
想着你可能会留点工作给我做
No, I got it. Yeah.
不用 我对付得了
Jack.
杰克
Ow! Why did you do that?
你为什么要这么做
Jack, there is something wrong with you.
杰克 你一定有哪里不对劲
You have never studied thermodynamics or physics
你连物理学和热力学都没学过
and you are doing work that could rewrite the textbooks.
而你刚才所做的事都能重写教科书了
I know. Turns out, it's not that hard.
我知道 看来这也没什么难的嘛
I'm worried about you.
我很担心你
We need to run some neurological tests.
我们得做几个神经系统测试
What I need is a supercomputer to run my new designs.
我需要一个超级计算机来运行我的新想法
Uh, my CPU operates at 106 teraflops.
我的中港处理器每秒能完成106万亿次计算
That's right. It does.
好极了 真的
You game for a little upgrade? Really?
你愿意升级吗 可以吗
If this works, you'll be
如果真行的话 你就会是
the most advanced supercomputer on the planet.
这世上最先进的超级计算机了
剧集 | 灵异之城(2006) | 导航列表