剧集 | 破产投靠 | 导航列表
that the curse is the reason
我爸不再给我钱以及我们失去所有钱财的原因
why mi papá cut off my money and we lost our fortune.
你♥爸♥爸说过是因为你挥霍无度
Your papá said it was because of your reckless spending.
重点是 没人能确定
The point is, nobody knows for sure.
你知道什么会很棒吗
Do you know what would be awesome?
就是你别再敲了
You not tapping.
抱歉 我有点紧张
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous.
我从没去过监狱 只玩过密室逃生
I've never been to prison. I've been to escape rooms.
但每次都是有路易斯在我才能逃出来
But I have never escaped without Luis.
如果请求我爸的允许这么重要
If asking my dad's permission was so important,
你们订婚前为什么不去找他
why didn't you do it before you got engaged?
我本来是该找的
Well, I should have.
但我当时和伊丽莎白沉浸在爱河里
But I was so in love with Elizabeth,
我忘乎所以 直接求婚了
I just got carried away and proposed.
我们还没反应过来 消息就传遍了
Next thing you know, word spread everywhere,
都是拜我们的宣传人员所赐
thanks to our publicists.
这是我犯下的不可原谅的错误
It was an unforgivable mistake on my part.
不知道这话能不能安慰到你
Well, if it makes you feel any better,
巴里从没征求过我父亲的同意
Barry never asked my dad's permission.
我们在拉斯维加斯私奔了
We eloped in Vegas
去吃了一家鲜虾自助餐
and went to an all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet,
然后在床上滚了三天三夜
spent the next three days rolling around in bed.
好浪漫哦
Ah, romantic.
不是那种滚床单
Not that kind of rolling around.
我们食物中毒了
We had food poisoning.
听起来你的婚姻好像也被诅咒了
Sounds like maybe your marriage was cursed, too.
那很多事就解释得通了
That would explain a lot.
停车标志 停车标志
Stop sign. Stop sign.
停车标志
Stop sign.
问个无关的问题 你以前怎么没学开车
Unrelated. How come you never learned to drive?
是这样的 有一天我爸带我去练车...
Oh, well, one day, my dad took me to practice for my...
请看路面 别看我
Please look at the road and not at me.
有一天 我爸带我去练车
One day, my dad took me to practice
考学习驾照
for my learner's permit.
突然 一辆车从后面追尾
Out of the blue, a car hit us from behind.
只是轻碰了我们一下
Literally just a tap.
但我爸希望我假装脖子受伤了
But my dad wanted me to act like I had whiplash
好让他讹点钱
so he could make some easy money.
我拒绝了 我们大吵了一架
I said no, we got into a big fight,
然后驾驶课程就结束了
and that was the end of the driving lessons.
其实我从没和我父亲吵过架
You know, I never fought with my father.
挺令人意外的 因为我们截然不同
Which is surprising, because we're so different.
真的吗
Really?
路易斯 我认识你父亲
Luis, I know your father.
你们貌似很相像
You seem very similar.
不 一点都不像
No, not at all.
他在情感上很封闭 也很拘谨
He's so closed off and formal.
他的领带和头发总是整理得一丝不苟
Always having to have his ties and hair just so.
那你想念他吗
So, do you miss him?
是的
I do.
但我出柜后 我们的关系就不复以往
But everything between us changed when I came out.
我想过无数次要打给他
I've thought about calling him a million times.
但我没做错什么 他才该主动打给我
But I did nothing wrong. He should call me.
其实路易斯 多年来...
You know, Luis, something I've...
多年来 我领悟了一个道理
Something I've learned over the years,
也有可能是听我的瑜伽修行者
or maybe I just heard my yogi say it
在我们喝餐前酒的时候说的
as we were having aperitifs
"你想当对的一方 还是想要快乐"
"Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?"
或许我也可以用这句话来评价你和你父亲
Perhaps I could say the same to you about your father.
或许我可以把车开上高速
And perhaps I could drive us onto the freeway.
不 千万别冲动
No, no, no, no, no.
喂
Hello?
喂
Hello?
喂
Hello?
是按那个上面有手♥机♥图案的按键
It's the button with the picture of a phone on it.
喂
Hello?
你好
Hello.
请问你是伊丽莎白·迪克森-弗洛里斯吗
Is this Elizabeth Dixon-Flores?
除非你是墨西哥税务机关的 不然正是本尊
Unless this is the Mexican tax authority, yes, it is.
我是萨米学校的瑞根校长
This is Principal Reagan from Sammy's school.
萨米不太舒服 需要有人来把他接回去
Sammy isn't feeling well and needs to be picked up.
我们试过联♥系♥他母亲 但是联♥系♥不上她
We tried his mother, but she couldn't be reached.
那是因为监狱里没有信♥号♥♥
That's because she doesn't get cell reception in prison.
什么 她进...
What? She's in...
我们马上就赶过来
Uh, we'll be there right away.
-你好啊 爸 -你好
- Hey, Dad. u202d- Hey.
你感觉怎么样
How you feeling?
我挺好的
Eh, I'm pretty good,
考虑到我体内的维他命D含量和根茎蔬菜差不多
considering I have the vitamin D levels of a root vegetable.
但是长♥期♥晒不到太阳 就会是这结果
But that's what happens when you never get to see the sun.
是你兑现别人的支票
That's what happens when you cash checks
才导致的这结果
with someone else's name on them. u202d
所以丽兹又没来是吗
So, no Lizzie again, huh?
她来不了
She couldn't make it.
让我猜猜 她还是很生我的气
Ah, let me guess. She's still pissed
于是不想来探望我 是吗
and she doesn't want to visit, right?
差不多吧
Something like that.
那个拿着野餐篮 顶着傻兮兮发型的人是谁
Who's the haircut with the picnic basket?
你会知道的
Oh, you'll see.
他马上要上演一整套了 你配合看下去就行了
He's about to do a whole thing. Just go with it.
迪克森先生
Mr. Dixon.
我是哈维尔 伊丽莎白的丈夫
I'm Javier, Elizabeth's husband.
我很高兴终于见到您了
I'm so glad to finally meet you.
迪克森先生是我父亲
Mr. Dixon was my father.
叫我11726号♥囚犯就行了
Just call me Inmate 11726.
这是经典的监狱老爸笑话
That's a classic prison "dad joke."
真的太好笑了
It's so funny.
先生 现在请容我呈现交接仪式
Sir, now I present to you la pedida de mano.
按照传统礼仪
Traditionally,
我会铺上一张手工编织的桌布
I would lay out a handwoven table cloth
然后放上手工乳酪
and cover it with artisanal cheeses,
异国水果和罕见的水晶
exotic fruits and rare crystals.
但由于监狱不允许搞这些
But as that's not allowed in here,
请接受我的微型纸巾
please accept my tiny paper napkins
以及水果和乳酪的照片
and pictures of fruits and cheeses
作为我对您的女儿忠贞之爱的象征
as a symbol of my devotion to your daughter.
好吧 我接受
Okay. I-I accept them.
谢谢您
Oh, thank you.
好了 那么...
Now, well...
我们大家来这里的原因
the reason we are all here--
当然 除了您 迪克森先生
well, not you, Mr. Dixon--
是因为我从未征求您的同意
it's because I never asked,
我本该征求的
and I should have.
您同意我娶...
So, may I please have the blessing to marry...
应该说是再娶 您的女儿吗
s-slash remain married to your daughter?
你大费周章地来到这里 询问我的意见
You went to a lot of trouble to come here and ask me that.
是的
I did.
我的答复是...
And the answer is...
不行
no.
谢谢
Thank you.
等等 什么
Wait, what?
拜托 老爸 别开玩笑了
Come on, Dad, stop goofing around.
我没有
I'm not.
但是为什么
But why?
因为你之前腰缠万贯
Because you were loaded,
后来又失去了全部的钱财
and then you lost all your money.
我觉得你不是照顾丽兹的合适人选
I just don't think you're the right person to take care of Lizzie.
爸 你错了
Dad, you're wrong.
我知道他看上去比照片里的某些乳酪还要软
I know he looks softer than some of the cheeses in these photos,
但他是个好男人
but he's a good man.
那又怎样
剧集 | 破产投靠 | 导航列表