剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表
Still no joy raising capital?
还没 但是我不会放弃的
Um, no, but I am not giving up.
过去这几天我们一直很严肃地在讨论
We've been having a big discussion over the last few days.
我和你母亲对你非常有信心 爱丽
Your mother and I have great faith in you, Ally,
我们做了一个决定
and we've made a decision.
在英国55岁以上可释放房♥屋资产取现
我们俩都打算释放房♥产资产
We're both prepared to release the equity on our houses
然后换成现金给你
in order to give you the capital
你就有钱救公♥司♥了
you need to rescue your business.
你需要钱 我们...
You need access to cash, and...
我们可以...给你
we can... provide it.
我们知道你的事业一定能成功
And we know you're gonna make a big success of the business.
到时候你再还给我们
And you'll be able to pay us back.
-亲爱的 -嗨 亲爱的
- Darling. - Hey. Hon. Honey.
对不起 对不起 我只是...
I'm so sor-- I'm sorry. I'm just g-- I'm just...
-宝贝 -对不起
- Babe... - Sorry.
她太感动了
She's overwhelmed.
我也是 你们真是太慷慨了
So am I. That's incredibly generous of you.
那么 敬你们二位 谢谢你们
Well, wow. Here's to both of you. Thank you.
-干杯 -干杯
- Cheers. - Cheers.
你一路哭回来没停过
You didn't stop crying all the way home.
那不是幸福的泪水 对吧
This isn't happy crying, is it?
我做不到 保罗
I can't do it, Paul.
妈妈和亚历克斯说要给我钱的那一刻
The moment Mum and Alex offered me the money,
-我立刻就意识到了 -意识到什么
- I knew in a second. - Knew what?
我救不了公♥司♥ 我肯定不行
I can't save this business. Of course I fucking can't.
我怎么救得了公♥司♥
How am I meant to save this business?
你不是有个提案吗
You've got a pitch document.
那是墙上的大饼 乐观的想法
Oh, it's pie in the sky, positive thinking,
一线希望而已
silver linings bullshit.
完全不切实际
It makes no real sense.
达伦是个无可救药的蠢货 他都不懂
And Darren is a hopeless twerp, so he's got no idea.
他只是对我会用表格印象深刻
He's just impressed that I can use Excel.
-我也是 -内心深处我知道
- So am I. - I mean, deep down I knew
没人会给我们那么大一笔钱
that no one was ever gonna give us that amount.
之前我们的亏损如此严重
Not after the way we collapsed.
我只是假装 只要我有足够的资金
So, I was safe pretending that I could save the business
我就能救公♥司♥
if I just had enough fucking cash.
所以你觉得你没办法还钱给你妈和亚历克斯
So, you don't think you'd be able to pay your mum and Alex back?
当然还不起
No, of course not.
那是他们仅有的财产
And it's everything they have in the world.
我付不起赔光的责任
I cannot be responsible for losing that.
那...
So...
接下来怎么办
What's next?
我不知道
I don't know.
我真的不知道
I genuinely don't know.
你知道 我买♥♥不到合适的激素药
Ah, you know how fucked everything is with my health
我的身体状况有多糟糕
because I can't get my proper HRT,
你也知道艾娃的事我处理得很不好
and you know how bad things are with Ava.
我就是...接受不了
I just... I couldn't bear to accept
我这么热爱这份工作 过去这十年
that this job that I love, that I have devoted myself to
我投入那么多 现在却要结束了
for the last ten years, was over.
但是...这是真的
But... it is.
我存在的意义是什么 保罗
Oh, what is the point of me, Paul?
-爱丽 -告诉我 我存在的意义是什么
- Ally... - Please, tell me. What is the point of me?
别这样
Stop that.
好了
All right.
但是...
Uh, but...
听着 我想给这个非凡的组织
Look, I wanna bring something new and useful
带来点新的有用的东西
to this phenomenal organization.
但是现在
But for now,
我只想观察学习一下 看看你们是怎么做的
I just wanna watch and learn. See how you guys operate.
我的卡放在国王手臂酒吧后面...
Oh, and my card is behind the bar at the King's Arms...
如果你们下班了愿意过来
if you'd care to join me after work.
-你们有人喝酒吗 -喝啊
- Do any of you guys drink? - Yeah.
那我们今晚酒吧见 好吗
Then I will see you there tonight. Okay?
-谢谢 太好了 布兰登 - 谢谢
- Thank you. Cheers, Brandon. - Thanks, man. Thank you.
再见
Cheers.
保罗 有什么事吗
Paul! What can I do for you?
我刚刚好像听到你提到"西雅图倡议"
Um, did I hear you mention the Seattle Initiative just then?
是的 你知道那个啊
Yeah. You know it?
是的 就是把持刀犯罪受害者的真实故事
Yeah. It's the thing where you print true stories
印在炸鸡店盒子的盖子上
of knife-crime victims on the lids of chicken-shop boxes
还有汉堡包装纸上等等
and inside burger wrappers, or...
这会给受众带来很大的冲击 我想试试
It hits the demographic hard. I want us to try it.
因为恕我直言
'Cause with respect,
布兰登 我不喜欢这个提议
Brandon, I don't like it.
我觉得这是搞噱头
I think it's gimmicky.
还有些冒犯 而且老实说 有点阶级歧视
It's a bit offensive and, frankly, classist.
-我们有政策... -我知道你们的政策
- See, we have a policy... - I know your policy.
这个政策已经15年没变了
You've had the same policy for 15 years.
是的 那是因为它有效
Yeah, 'cause it works.
我是说这个政策是代价最小的
I mean, okay, it's the thing that fails least.
我们投资社区项目 青年服务...
We invest in community projects, youth services...
也恕我直言 保罗 这种做法已经过时了
With equal respect, Paul, I think that's a tired approach.
好吧 布兰登
Okay. Brandon, again,
再次恕我直言 这没有过时
with respect, it's not tired.
或许是有些无趣
It might be boring, sure.
但是能够带来改变 能拯救生命
But it makes a difference. It saves lives.
我尊重这个组织 保罗
I admire much about this organization, Paul,
但是关于持刀犯罪的政策已经奄奄一息了
but its knife-crime policies are moribund.
天哪 "奄奄一息"
Oh, boy. I -- "Moribund"?
没错 我想让大家用那些资金去试一下
Yeah. I'd like us to use that money to trial
西雅图倡议
the Seattle Initiative.
-我不想这样做 -看出来了
- Well, I don't want us to. - I am getting that.
那要不我们就解除你的政策管理工作
So, maybe we take you off this area of policy.
不不 你肯定不能把我解除了
No... no, obviously you can't take me off.
我已经负责持刀犯罪政策很多年了
I've -- I've been on the knife-crime policy for years.
这就是我想说的
That is my point, man.
-我们需要改变 -不用 这方面我很擅长
- I think we need change. - No, we don't. I'm good at this.
是吗 你已经错过多少次晋升了 保罗
Really? How many times you been passed up for promotion, Paul?
去你的 你个垃圾 别那么跟我讲话
Fuck you, shithouse. Don't talk to me like that.
抱歉 我很抱歉
Sorry. Yeah, I'm -- Yeah, I'm sorry.
要不我们各退一步
Let's maybe both take a step back.
不是 布兰登 我之前还不确定
Yeah, no, look it's... Brandon, I didn't know
我是否对这份工作还抱有热情
if I really felt passionately about this job anymore.
结果看来我还是有的
And it turns out, actually, that I do.
我很抱歉 布兰登 我刚刚失控了
So, I-I'm sorry, Brandon. I lost it for a second.
行了 我还有些别的事要做 保罗
Okay. I need to get some things done now, Paul, so...
那好吧
Sure. Yeah.
多点糖 多点巧克力 多点可乐
Right. More sweets, more chocolate, more Cokes.
我就像个反面的牙仙
I'm like the inverse Tooth Fairy.
你来客人了
You got visitors.
我们来早了 是吗
We're early, aren't we?
早了90分钟
Ninety minutes, yeah.
即使以你的标准来看也早太多了
That's going some, even by your standards.
我们不想迟到
We didn't wanna get here late.
要坐两趟巴士
There's two buses.
听着 我再次抱歉
Hey, look, I'm -- I'm sorry again
我无法支付额外的租金
about not being able to stump up the extra rent.
那个你不用担心 保罗
Oh, don't worry about that, Paul.
我们在我们的小公♥寓♥里挺好的
We're all right in our little flat.
很温暖 炊具也能用 还有卫生间
It's warm, the cooker works, there's a toilet.
天哪 妈妈 要求别那么低
Jesus, Mum, don't just settle for that.
纵观全世界 我们可谓是奢侈生活了
Compared to most of the world, we live in the lap of luxury.
人得知足常乐
You need to count your blessings.
现在他们都说"查明你的特权"
Check your privilege, they say now.
-和知足常乐是一个意思吗 -我觉得是的
- Is that the same as counting your blessings? - I think so.
只是后者要求你还要感到一丝愧疚
Just you're meant to feel a bit more guilty.
我去开门
I'll get it.
布兰登向我和人力提出了正式的投诉
Brandon's lodged an official complaint with me and HR
剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表