剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
I don't want to die like that.
我也不想这样死去
Cryonics might not work.
人体冷冻或许没有效
But 100 years ago, nobody was talking about cloning or the human genome.
但是100年前人们对克隆或人体基因 毫无了解
And 100 years from now, who knows what's possible
谁又能预言100年后的世界呢
I truly, truly love life.
我非常 非常热爱生命
And the chance to be living again
和死后的虚无缥缈相比
seems preferable to eternal nothingness.
我更珍爱这个能重生的机会
And, uh, well what Red sox fan wouldn't jump at the chance to lie next to Ted Williams
为什么红袜队球迷 不接受Ted Williams的做法呢
I realize, your honor,
法官大人
that no judge would do what I'm asking for.
我知道没有法官会答应我的请求
Do it anyway.
不管怎样 宣判吧
Why didn't you tell me you were sick
为什么你不告诉我你生病了
Because I'm a tree.
因为假如我是一棵树
When I fall, I want it to be in a forest.
当我倒下时我希望能倒在森林里
What the hell does that mean
该死的这是什么意思
It means I didn't want anybody to know.
意思是我不想让别人知道
I don't want to be pitied.
我不想别人可怜我
All I want is to be
我只想成为
Denny Crane.
Denny Crane
Mine's bigger.
我的雪茄更大
You know
你知道
I've always admired you, Milton.
我一直都很钦佩你 Milton
I'm not dead yet.
我还没死呢
When is the judge gonna rule
法官说什么时候裁决
He said by tonight.
今晚
I grew up watching Walter Cronkite.
我是看着Walter Cronkite 长大的
It was a time the news seemed to be fair, objective, trusted.
那时候的新闻很客观 公正 可信
In fact, whenever we doubted the blather coming out of the politicians' mouths,
事实上当我们怀疑政客嘴里滔滔不绝的 废话时
it was the press we turned to to get a sense of the truth.
我们会在新闻里寻找信任感
Well, Walter Cronkite has definitely left the building.
Walter Cronkite 已经离开了
When it comes to credibility, big media is dead.
主流媒体的可信度岌岌可危
Networks pander,
曲意奉迎的广播公♥司♥
some to conservatives, others to liberals.
保守派的 自♥由♥派的
This past election, you could turn to one channel to see president Bush ahead.
上一次的大选报导 一个频道里总统布♥什♥遥遥领先
Turn to another to see Kerry leading.
另一个频道里Kerry却胜券在握
Ridiculous.
实在荒谬
And I agree with Mr. Shore.
我同意Shore先生的看法
It's probably more about money than ideology,
在金钱面前 思想意识不堪一击
and being about money,
全是金钱在作祟
well, why shouldn't networks be free to adopt a bias
为了更高的收视率
in hopes of attracting a bigger audience
广播公♥司♥为什么不能任意偏向任何一方呢
This is America.
这是美国
Mr. Harper,
Harper先生
I realize times have changed in the high schools as well.
我注意到中学也在改变
Hate violence is on the rise.
对暴♥力♥的仇恨渐长
Administrators have to be freer to curtail students' civil liberties,
管理者们肆意限制学生的合法自♥由♥
including disruptive speech.
包括负面言论
But attaching a device to a television that blocks out a certain network
但是仅仅因为节目内容
because of the content, that seems to go too far.
在电视上安装装置来阻止某个广播公♥司♥ 就太过分了
It's censorship, sir.
这是擅自的审查行为 先生
And I can't let it stand.
我不能接受
The motion for the plaintiff is granted.
原告胜诉
I don't know what to say, Mr. Shore.
我不知道该说什么 Shore先生
You were incredibly brilliant.
你太有才了
Yes.
是的
If there's any retribution at the school, let us know.
如果学校里有任何报复行为通知我们
Yeah, I will.
我会的
Thank you both.
谢谢你们两个
Your country thanks you.
你的祖国感谢你
My country thanks me.
我的祖国感谢我
This is where he gives his ruling.
这就是他做出裁决的地方
Thank you.
谢谢你
Mr. Bombay, it seems ironic,
Bombay先生 真是讽刺啊
if not indecent, that the state's interest in preserving life
国家应该维护你死亡的权利
should mandate that you die a wrenching and painful death,
在痛苦中死去
rather than be frozen in hopes of finding a cure.
而不是怀着治愈的希望被冷冻
But that is the law as it stands today.
但这就是今天的法律
We live in a country that celebrates individual liberties and personal autonomy,
这个国家崇尚个人自♥由♥和个人自主
but when it comes to controlling your own destiny,
但是谈到掌控自己的命运
this is a freedom that does not yet ring.
这只是沉默的自♥由♥
I will pray for you,
我为你祈祷
but I cannot grant you your request.
但我不能同意你的请求
Your motion is denied.
你的请求遭到拒绝
God bless you.
上帝保佑你
I'm sorry.
对不起
We can appeal.
我们可以上诉
Next time, I'll close.
下次我来结案
That's all right, that's all right. I'm, uh,
好的 好的
heading for Arizona,
我要去亚利桑那州
try my luck with the courts down there.
去那儿的法庭碰碰运气
Milton, no court anywhere is going to rule in your favor.
Milton任何法庭的裁决都不会对你有利
Even so, there's a cryonics facility there,
尽管如此 还是有冷冻设备
so whenever the time comes
所以随着时间
Do you know anybody in Arizona
你在亚利桑那州有熟人吗
No, and that's the point.
没有 那才是问题的关键
I don't want to deteriorate in front of my
我不想病情恶化 当着
Clearly, you're not inclined to follow my advice,
显然你不会接受我的建议
but do not go off to die alone.
但是千万不要一个人孤单的离开人世
Hey, you live your way, Shirley,
Shirley 你有你的生活方式
I'll die mine.
我有我的死亡方式
I'm entitled to be remembered for
人们会记得我的
Thank you both for your efforts.
谢谢你们两个的努力
Milton. Milton.
Milton Milton
We go way back, you and I.
我们已经认识很久了
Let's not get carried away.
别把话题扯太远
We were worthy adversaries, occasional drinking buddies,
工作上我们棋逢对手 偶尔也一起喝酒消遣
but it's not as if we had great affection for one another.
但还没到交情笃厚的地步
Anyway
不管怎样
We'll see you, Milton.
我们会再见的 Milton
Yeah. See you.
是的 再见
See you, Denny.
再见 Denny
Good-bye, my friend.
再见 我的朋友
Good-bye. Good-bye.
再见 再见
I'm sorry.Hey.
对不起
People get old, get sick. It happens to everybody.
人人都要面对生老病死
How close were you
你们交情有多深
It's not that we went that deep. It's
不是太深厚
We went
我们
way back.
认识很久
You can be larger than life, just not death.
你可以掌控生命 但无法征服死亡
He went off to Arizona Yeah.
他去了亚利桑那州 是的
I really admired him more than
我真的很钦佩他
You go through life, and you never tell people how much you care about them,
你历经生活 从来不会对别人表达你的关心
when
当
people should probably do that more, you know
人们应该经常这么做 知道吗
I care about you.
我关心你
I wasn't fishing for that. I fish for steelhead, not mush.
我不在意那个 我要的是钢铁般的头脑 不是儿女情长
I care about you, Denny.
我关心你 Denny
You don't have to say it back.
你不需要回应我
Wasn't planning to.
我不会的
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表