剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
是的 我听说了
You're supposed to be adults, for god's sake.
你们都成年了 看在上帝的份上
You're lawyers. And on the same side at that
而且你们是律师 还是同一方的
Your honor, there are unusual circumstances in play.
法官大人 情况有些特殊
I'm interested in truth and justice, my colleague favors a fishing lodge.
我选择真♥相♥和公正 而我的同事只对钓鱼旅馆感兴趣
Look, I don't give a damn what your differences are.
瞧 我不管你们有什么该死的区别
First off, your firm is fined $50,000.
首先 你们公♥司♥被罚款5万美金
What.Second, whatever either of you do in that courtroom,
什么 然后 无论哪个在法庭再惹麻烦
you both get held responsible.
两人同时承担责任
You understand me
你们明白我说的了吗
Third, Mr. Crane, since you're the named partner, and it is your client,
最后 Mr Crane 因为你是公♥司♥合伙人 而这又是你的客户
I'll let you have the floor.
我会让你发言
Your honor, I have prepared
法官大人 我已经准备好了
You will keep your mouth shut, Mr. Shore.
Mr Shore 你给我闭嘴
Now, let's get back inside.
现在 我们回去
Please have a seat, Tara.
请坐 Tara
Tara
Tara
All right, what's, what's going on
这是怎么回事
We have a situation, Mr. Barr.
我们遇到麻烦了 Mr Barr
Tara is an attorney who works for this firm.
Tara 是这个公♥司♥的律师
Thinking she worked for the airlines,
你以为她是个空姐
you gave her information about an efficiency
并告诉了她一些信息
factor employed by your client.
关于你的委托人用的efficiency
This would be considered privileged information.
这理当属于机密资料
I never revealed who my client was.
我从来没透露过委托人是谁
We already knew who the client was.
我们已经知道谁是委托人了
Oh, my god, oh, my god.
噢 天哪 噢 我的上帝
Both you and Ms. Wilson, that's her real last name, Wilson.
你和Ms Wilson 哦 那是她的真姓 Wilson
Both you and she have committed serious violations.
你和她都违反了不少规定
You would likely lose your job and get a suspension.
你会被解雇 还会被停牌
You would get worse.
你会更惨
It would be in the best interest of all if this situation didn't become public.
最好的选择就是这件事情不被揭发
My problem, as Tara correctly points out,
我的麻烦是 就像Tara指出的
is having the information.
我掌握这个信息
I have an obligation to at least tell my clients,
就有义务至少告知我的当事人
who undoubtedly would elect to use it.
而对方毫无疑问会大加利用
But I also have an obligation to safeguard privilege,
但我也有义务维护保密特权
even when it's on the other side. So, as I said, we've got a situation.
即使不利于我方 所以 正如我说的 我们都有麻烦
Where we last left off in settlement discussions,
我们在调解中曾经谈到
our number was 3.2 million, yours was 2.1.
我方开价是320万 你们是210万
The deal probably makes somewhere in the middle.
折中应该能成交
My proposal to you, Mr. Barr, is we settle it at 3.
所以我向你建议 300万
I don't think I could ever sell it.
我没法去说服其他人
You sell it by telling your client and colleagues
你能 告诉你的客户和同事
that the opposing side knows about the efficiency factor.
对方知道了efficiency法则
We've broken the code. How we found out, we won't reveal.
我们破解了密♥码♥ 怎么破的 我们会闭口不提
That protects you and protects Tara.
这样保护了你 还有Tara
And you profit from her deception.
然后你们靠她的欺骗得益
We profit somewhat from her deception,
我们得益来自她的欺骗
combined with your stupidity.
和你的愚蠢
But if we really wanted to exploit this, we'd go to trial and tell a jury,
但如果我们真的公之于众 我们会要开庭审理 然后告诉陪审团
which, technically, I should advise my clients to do.
技术上讲 我该如此建议我的委托人
Yes, our side profits some.
我们是会得益少许
Your side gets off with a pretty mild number, given the smoking gun.
而你们也能扔掉一个烫手山芋
And you two get off with your careers.
而你们俩也能继续自己的事业
Now, if you have a better proposal,
那么 如果你有更好的建议
I'm listening.
说出来听听
It wasn't just my determination,
这不仅仅是我的决定
but the consensus of all the treating doctors.
是所有试验医生一致同意的
Mrs. Hewitt was smoking.
Mrs Hewitt在抽烟
And others were excluded, too, right
其他人也被排除了 是吗
Yes, 56 others.
是的 其他56人
It is common to weed out subjects as you go along
排除实验对象很正常
in order to protect the integrity of the study.
这是为了保证研究的完整性
And this was all about the integrity of the study
只是为了保证研究的完整性
Yes.
是的
I believe you. You strike me as an honest woman.
我相信你 你的诚实打动了我
Do you believe in god, doctor
你相信上帝吗 doctor
I do.
是的
God is my witness is what is says in the oath.
以上帝的名义 发誓时会常会说
I like to think god watches over me, too.
我也常常想上帝正看着我
Except, of course, in the privacy of my bedroom committing lewd acts.
当然 除了我在卧室干那猥琐勾当
Mr CraneNMr. Crane
Uh, you're a scientist, right, doctor
呃 你是个科学家 是吗 doctor
You believe in facts, the truth
你相信事实 真♥相♥
Yes.Good,
是的 很好
will you tell the court
那请你告诉法庭
exactly why Marybeth Hewitt was removed from the trial of SV-113
究竟为什么Marybeth Hewitt 被SV-113试验排除了
I just did.
我已经说过了
You said smoking.
你说因为抽烟
The plaintiff obviously believes that to be a pretext.
原告认为这是托辞
I'm asking you to declare it one more time
我请你再清楚的说一次
before god, the judge, Mr. Shore, me
对着上帝 法官 Mr Shore 我
the truth.
说出真♥相♥
Why was she taken off the study
她为什么被排除
She was taken off
她是被
a different study.
另一个试验排除的
Excuse me
什么
Mrs. Hewitt unknowingly was part of a secret test
Mrs Hewitt在不知情的状态下 参与了一个秘密研究
involving a drug unapproved for study.
一个未经批准的药物试验
When it was discovered that this drug caused liver failure,
当发现这种药物将 引发肝功能衰竭
she and the 56 others on it
她和另外56个试验者
were taken off.
被停止试验了
Uh, your honor, this is obviously an unexpected development.
嗯 法官大人 这是意料外的情况
I need some time to confer with my client.
我需时间来和我的委托人沟通
I thought she'd stick to the story.
我以为她会按原先的说词
I threw her the biggest softball I could, right down the middle of the plate.
我在中场传给了她一个好球
All she had to do was reemphasize it was smoking.
她只要再强调一次 是抽烟
What happens now
现在怎么办
What happens now
现在怎么办
The peat moss hits the fan, you lying bastard. We're dead.
满盘皆输 你个说谎的混♥蛋♥ 我们玩完了
Did you elicit that testimony intentionally
你是故意引导出这样的证词吧
What Of course not.
什么 当然不是了
You know me, Paul.
你了解我的 Paul
I'm not what I once was.
我已不是曾经的我了
Doctor.
医生
Please don't say you're proud of me.
别说你以我为傲
They're gonna bring criminal charges against you.
你还会有场刑事指控
How about if I say I'll defend you
我来做你的辩护律师如何
Really, and what's my defense
我还有什么好辩护的
You were misguided by the best and the worst of intentions.
你只是被自己的善意蒙蔽了双眼
This will all be over within a year.
官司最多一年结束
A year is too long. My liver is failing.
一年太长 我的肝在衰竭
I was the first subject.
我是第一个试验者
I began the trial ahead of the others.
在别人前我就开始了
That's how we discovered the side effects.
所以我才发现了药物的副作用
A year's too long for me.
我没有一年
But thanks for the offer.
但还是谢谢你
It's a holly, jolly Christmas.
It's a holly, jolly Christmas.
It's the best,
It's the best,
It's the best
It's the best
It's the, oh, screw it.
It's the 噢 该死
Hmm.
嗯
It's a holly
It's a holly
Nice performance today, Denny.
今天干得真不错 Denny
I don't know what you're talking about.
不知道你在说什么
You could have ever so slightly tipped me off.
你该给我点小小的暗示
It would have saved a lot of aggravation.
不至于搞得那么僵
Oh, please.
噢 拜托
If I had included you with so much as a wink, you'd be canned.
我要是给你使眼色传消息 你会被解雇的
We lost the client.
我们没了客户
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表