剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
so long as you love them.
就能骚扰办公室的女性
I believed, and still believe, she was in love with me.
我始终坚信她还爱着我
I see.
我明白了
And she lacked the autonomy to make up her own mind. Objection.
要么她不能自主 反对
She lacked the mental capacity, perhaps,
或者她心智不全 但更可能
to be truly happy without you. Objection
她真的很想离开你 反对
Why is it some people just refuse to accept that it's over. Objection
为什么不愿去面对结束的事实 反对
I truly apologize.
我真的很抱歉
For a second, I thought you were personalizing it, Alan,
那一瞬间我觉得你在针对我 Alan
and I was out of line.
我失控了
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's okay.
没关系
You all right
你没事吧
Yes.
没事
It is ridiculous.
太荒唐了
The stress of a trial a week out of the rubber room, going up against you.
压力真大 出院一周就和你做对手
Why are you doing this
为什么接这个案子
I was always safe inside work, you know
埋头工作我才有安全感
It was a little cocoon.
工作就像个保护层
Can you continue
你能继续吗
Oh, yes.
哦 可以
It's just a little
只是有点
again, I apologize for the outburst.
我再次为乱发脾气而道歉
Whatever you can do to keep it personal
尽你所能开始针对她
I'm sorry
什么
She's kind of been kicking our ass, Alan.
她一直占着上风 Alan
That's the first crack I've seen in her armor.
刚才是我第一次看出她的弱点
I'm not going to exploit her.
我不会那样欺负她
Alan, if you can't put your client's interests ahead of Christine's,
Alan 如果你不能把委托人的利益 放在Christine之上
then step aside.
那你就靠边站
Let number two take over.
让我来
We now have to go to court
现在我们只能上庭解决
No, we are confident we'll be able to handle this.
不 我们有信心能够搞定
I hire one of the biggest law firms in Boston,
我找了波士顿最大的律师事务所
definitely one of the most expensive,
收费也是最贵的
and I'm being neutralized by salmon man,
现在居然让个渔民骑在我头上
who happens to be your son
那么巧还是你的儿子
Let me tell you something, Byron.
你给我听着 Byron
Um, Brad Chase is one of our finest litigators.
呃 Brad Chase是我们最好的律师
He will handle this.
他会赢的
Your honor, we've had meetings with the environmental protection agency.
法官阁下 我们和环境保护局开过会
They signed off on this already.
他们已经签发了许可
With all due respect,
无意冒犯
the E.P.A. gets steamrolled by the administration all the time.
环境保护局一直受到政♥府♥的压力
No matter what anyone proposes these days,
目前无论什么有计划
there's always somebody somewhere
总会有人从某个地方跳出来
who jumps up and screams, woe, the environment.
大叫着保护环境
Now there's a word, your honor,
法官阁下 一个简单明了的词
a very simple word that describes what my clientis trying to do here.
可以描述我当事人的目的
Please don't let the word be progress.
希望不是发展这个词
How about people
人类怎么样
People. Yes.
人类 是的
We are trying to invest in the future of people.
我们在为人类的未来投资
Creating jobs in a time of unemployment.
在失业浪潮中创造工作机会
We're talking about over 1,000 jobs.
我们说的是一千个职位
We're talking about benefiting people below the poverty line.
我们说的是帮助贫困线以下的人
We are talking about people hoping to educate their children,
我们说的是养儿育女的人们可以
afford medical coverage, feed their families, basic human needs.
付疗保险 维持吃用开销 满足生存的基本所需
This man wants to put all that on hold because it inconveniences a fish.
这人想阻止这一切 只因为会影响一种鱼
Mr. Crane
Mr. Crane
Well, first,
首先
this whole thing kind of goes to the farmed salmon issue.
整件事要从养殖三文鱼说起
The government is trying to count these
政♥府♥想把养殖的三文鱼与
genetically raised salmon as wild ones.
野生的一起统计
So they can take salmon off the endangered species list.
这样就能把三文鱼 从濒临绝种名单中剔除
I get that. So what
我都知道 那又如何
So what People judge, jobs, insurance, schoolbooks, food. People.
又如何 人类 法官阁下 工作 保险 课本 食物 人类
Well, farmed salmon is terrible for people.
养殖的三文鱼对人体有害
They're carcinogenic.
它们含有致癌物质
They don't even look like real salmon.
看上去也不像真的三文鱼
By the way, they're fed these little pellets to turn their meat red.
随便一提 他们用药喂鱼把肉变红
Otherwise, it's this pallid white. People, jobs, America first.
否则 肉就是白的 人类 工作 美国为先
There's a rumor.
有个流言
I can't give evidence on this, but there's a rumor
我没有证据 但有这样的流言
that cattle they have to kill due to mad cow disease,
那些得了疯牛病 必须被屠宰的牛
they grind them up and then feed the meat to the farmed salmon.
他们把牛肉绞碎去喂养殖的三文鱼
Objection, your honor.
反对 法官大人
There is nothing in the record that even remotely substantiates that.
这种说法毫无根据
Counsel, the river in question only concerns wild salmon,
辩方律师 河流问题只涉及野生三文鱼
so can we get off the farmed salmon
我们能不谈养殖的三文鱼吗
We're talking about lifting the environmental protections on that river.
我们谈论的是那条河 规避了环境保护♥法♥令
They're inflating the salmon count
他们用养殖的三文鱼充数
with the farmed numbers to get those protections lifted.
从而避开了保护♥法♥令
People, jobs, food chain.
人类 工作 食物链
Oh, yes, people and jobs.
没错 人类 工作
Wild salmon is a billion-dollar industry in this country alone.
我国野生三文鱼是十亿元的产业
Once we destroy the wild salmon population
一旦我们破坏野生三文鱼的现状
and that's what we're doing.
就像我们现在所做的
That's a billion-dollar industry gone.
那十亿元的产业就完蛋了
People, jobs, schoolbooks.
人类 工作 课本
And we'll have to go back to eating meat.
我们还得去吃那些肉
People, cancer.
人类 癌症
We'll just eat the farmed stuff.
只是吃些人工养殖的东西
There's nothing wrong with synthetic food, your honor.
人工的食物没有问题 法官大人
We live in a synthetic country, for god's sake.
看在上帝的份上 我们就生活在合成里
And on that note
这点而言
I'll rest.
我无话可说
Donny Crane.
Donny Crane
You should have seen Seymore's face.
你没看见Seymnore的脸色
I think I'm about to get fired. You won't be fired.
我想我要失业了 你不会被解雇的
What am I gonna do
我该怎么办
What can I possibly say in my closing
结案陈词里还能说什么
I've got nothing.
我一点头绪都没有
Rabbit
兔子
I'm sorry
什么
Pull a rabbit out from under your dress.
从你裙子里掏只兔子出来
You know what Gerry Spence does is these hopeless situations
Gerry Spence往往会在 毫无希望的情况下
He just tells the jury a story.
对陪审团讲故事
A story Any story, as long as it's interesting.
故事 别管什么故事 有趣就好
He just entertains the jury.
他只想逗乐陪审团
He gets them right here,
把他们玩在手心里
and in that moment when he has them right here,
等够火候的时候
he connects the story to his case,
他就把故事和案子联♥系♥起来
sometimes barely, sometimes ridiculously.
不管多牵强 多可笑
And then he asks the jury to let his client go,
他就请求陪审团放人
and for god knows what reason, they often do.
天晓得 他们都真的会照办
Alan A good story may be your rabbit. Alan.
一个好故事可能就是你的机会
I'm sorry, Sally. This is a little important.
不好意思 Sally 有点要紧的事
I need your number.
给个数字吧
You have my number, Christine. I haven't changed it.
你有我的电♥话♥号♥码 Christine 我没换过
Alan, every lawsuit eventually comes down to a number.
Alan 诉讼最终无非就是个数字
What's your number
你的是多少
$750,000.
七十五万
And I'm the insane one. $250,000.
那就彼此了 二十五万
Too low. It's more than fair.
太低了 很不错了
She got other employment. At less pay.
她找到工作了 但薪水少了
The present-day value of $200,000. That offer is rejected, Christine.
开价是二十万 不能成交 Christine
I don't know if I'm up to closing.
我不知道是否我来做结案呈词
I think I am, but I don't
我想应该我 但我不
The client will only go up to $250,000.
当事人的底线是二十五万
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表