剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Because Because it detailed the extent to which the media can go to promote
因为 因为它详细记录了媒体怎样推动
conservative republican causes.
保守的共和党的进程
Your honor, we'd like to show you a brief series of clips from this documentary.
法官大人 我有一份该纪录片的剪辑片段
We weren't necessarily, as it was told to us,
正如人们所说的一样
a news-gathering organization so much as we were
我们并不是一个必要的新闻机构
a proponent of a point of view.
而只是一种观点的传话筒
They wanted all news to be a matter of opinion.
他们想让所有的新闻都是一个声音
We were ordered from the top to carry propaganda,
我们被下令进行政♥治♥宣传
carry republican right-wing propaganda.
宣传右翼的保守党
It was made very clear to us that our activities were being monitored,
很明显我们的活动被监控了
and if someone wasn't watching it live, they were at least recording it,
就算没有实时监控 他们至少有记录
and they would review it after the fact to see what we did.
可以随时掌握我们的一言一行
If you watch the documentary, and I strongly suggest that you do,
我强烈建议你看此纪录片
you'll see that this goes on and on and on,
你会发现这些情节会在电视上反复出现
and these accounts are from people on the inside.
纪录片里的讲述者都是新闻工作者
Okay, but to put a device on the television
好的 但电视上安装设备呢
Well, I hate the idea of shutting down free expression,
我讨厌禁止自♥由♥言论
but this became more of a safety issue.
但这不仅是出于安全考虑
A safety issue
安全考虑
They've got their talk show hosts declaring that anyone who is opposed
他们让主持人宣称只要有人反对战争
to the war is an enemy of the state, a traitor.
他就是国家公敌 是叛国者
We're getting more and more fights, kids are being attacked for being unpatriotic,
我们正陷入越来越多的战争中 孩子们因为不爱国而受到批评
Arab and muslim students are being targeted.
阿♥拉♥伯和穆♥斯♥林♥的学生成了众矢之的
Maybe this little device is overkill.
我承认也许这个小玩意有点过头了
I admit that. But I've got a high school to run,
但我作为校长
and the first order of the day is keep the kids safe.
我的首要责任是保护孩子们的安全
I thought the first order of an academic community was embracing diversity of opinion.
我认为学校的首要责任是让孩子们 了解不同的声音
Not when it's bias that fosters intolerance.
除非以宽容为前提
Did you attach any little blockers
你是否用这玩意阻止过
to networks that lie about presidents and, say, the national guard
歪曲总统或是国♥家♥安♥全♥的广播公♥司♥
I don't dispute there's a liberal bias, too.
我也不否认存在对自♥由♥党的偏见
But you don't censor those networks.
但你并没有检查过这些节目
Those networks don't foster intolerance.
这些节目并没有鼓吹狭隘的思想
Any blockers for shock jocks Or is racism and misogyny not a concern
阻止过shock jock吗 或者种族歧视和厌女症并不是焦点
Look, there's a lot of garbage out there. I'll admit that.
我得承认 有很多垃圾节目
What about your own teachers
学校的老师呢
My teachers
老师们
A recent poll showed 6 out of 7 college professors voted for John Kerry.
近期的民♥意♥调查显示七分之六的大学教授 投票赞成Jone Kerry
Does that not suggest a bias in academia, Mr. Harper
难道这不表明了学术界的偏向吗
Objection.We've got countless news programs,
反对 我们有数不清的新闻节目
too many talk shows to keep track of, all kinds of opinions being
铺天盖地的脱口秀
spewed out over the airwaves, extremes to the left, to the right,
电视里充满了各种各样的观点 极左的或极右的
and the only thing you block That's actually not true.
而你唯一阻止的是 事情不是这样的
There's all kinds of programs we don't permit.
有很多我们不允许的节目
But this is the only news show.
但这仅仅是新闻节目
Look, what does it say that they make a device
阻止某个广播公♥司♥意味着什么呢
to block out this It says that censorship is popular. particular news network That doesn't make it right.
意味着审查行为普遍存在 但并非正确
And as principal, I have to make that call.
作为校长 我必须这样做
And let me say this. I'm a proud American.
让我告诉你 我是个自豪的美国人
I got a flag on my porch.
在我的门廊里悬挂着国旗
I pray for those troops every night. I taught some of those kids.
我每晚都为军队祈祷 我教我的孩子们也这么做
They're over there fighting for democracy,
他们为了民♥主♥而战
which includes the right for you to question your government.
包括你向质问政♥府♥的权利
And for this network to be saying otherwise offends me as a citizen and as a principal.
然而 作为一名校长和一个公民 这个广播公♥司♥的做法激怒了我
I see. So
我知道 所以
you're squashing content to promote democracy.
你阻止新闻以此推动民♥主♥
Once again,
重复一遍
I will shut down any content that fosters intolerance.
我阻止任何鼓吹狭隘思想的节目
That is where I stand.
这就是我的立场
You're going to dinner with him
你要和他一起共进晚餐吗
I want to find out what's really going on here.
我要找出到底发生了什么事
What's going on is a runaway ego. It's all about the spotlight.
发生的事就是我们刚刚轻易获胜了
The man wishes he were me.
他希望成为我
We all wish that, Denny.
我们都希望如此 Denny
I know. I, I go way back with Milton.
我知道 我和Milton认识很久了
I know Milton like the back of my hand.
我对Milton了如指掌
He knows he's gonna lose that motion. No risk of him being frozen.
他清楚将会输掉这件案子 法庭不会让他冒险被冷冻
In the meantime, he's all over the news.
同时 他是个新闻焦点
I'm telling you, the man wants to be me.
我告诉你 他想成为我
Even so, I'm gonna have a little talk with him.
即便如此 我要和他谈谈
He's gonna insist you go to Nicky Blair's. Watch.
他想让你去Nicky Blair那儿 看着吧
Sorry He pays them to let him sing.
你说什么 他给他们钱允许他唱歌♥
I beg your pardon
你说什么
He slips the maitre d' 100 bucks to come over to the table and say,
他给了餐厅领班100块让他走过去说
Please, Mr. Bombay, sing us a song.
Bombay先生 为大家献上一曲吧
It's all about the limelight with Milton.
Milton成了焦点
I promise you.
我向你保证
What do you mean, lose
你是什么意思 认输了吗
We're on the side of the first amendment.
我们有第一修正案
The problem is, school principals do have a wide discretion,
问题是校长的确有很大的决定权
and the material is arguably inflammatory.
材料也相当有感染性
If they can classify them as disruptive speech
如果他们能把材料看做是分♥裂♥性的言论
plus, I don't know which newscast you've been watching recently,
我不知道你最近看的是哪家新闻
but the first amendment is losing its luster lately.
但是第一修正案渐渐褪色了
Some networks are even censoring their scripted dramas.
有些广播公♥司♥甚至连照本宣科的 节目都要审查
So what do we go with if not freedom of expression
如果没有了言论自♥由♥我们将会怎样
Meanwhile, actor Vince Odoms, you know him as the judge
同时 演员Vince Odoms
in the Michael Jackson reenactment trial,
迈克杰克逊案件再审中的审判员
has abruptly quit to go play Phil Spector
他却突然退出 加入了被FBS视为竞争对手的广播公♥司♥
in the reenactment of that trial on a competing network.
参加娱乐节目
FBS president Rick Silverman is threatening to sue,
FBS主席Rick Silverman威胁要起诉他
claiming the actor is under contract,
声称他还在合同期内
and that it would be a material breach to walk in the middle of ongoing litigation.
这将成为诉讼中的一个重要的突破口
Meanwhile, it was learned today that the Los Angeles county sheriff's office
与此同时 据称洛杉矶县县治安官办公室
So what's the point
重点是什么
The point Of us having dinner.
重点吗 我们吃饭的重点
What's the point
重点是什么
If it's sexual, I'll need notice so I can take my little pill.
如果要上♥床♥我要先吃颗蓝色小药丸
You asked to have dinner with Tara.
你邀请Tara吃饭
What was the point of that With her, I wouldn't need a pill.
那又怎样 和她吃饭那我就不需要那片药了
You've talked a wonderful game about the future,
你已经描绘了美好的将来
about wanting to perpetuate your legacy into the next century.
把你的遗产带到下个世纪
But when you were talking to Tara, what I observed was
但是你和Tara说话的时候我注意到
a man looking backwards, a man who, perhaps, is lonely.
你却在回顾过去 略带寂寞
You've got it wrong.
你错了
I saw Melancholy, Milton,
我看到了忧郁 Milton
and Melancholy accompanied by the desire to be dead.
想要死亡的愿望里忧郁也如影随形
Is this Milton Bombay looking to check out in a way
Milton Bombay是否在寻找途径
that doesn't tarnish his grand reputation
让他头上的光环永远熠熠生辉吗
Denny thinks you don't want to win this case,
Denny认为你不想打赢这场官司
which would explain your hiring him, but you also hired me.
这也解释了你为什么选择他做律师 但你还选择了我
You lost your wife, your job
你失去了妻子 你的工作
are you just giving up, Milton
你放弃了吗 Milton
Let me tell you something.
我来告诉你吧
As science and medicine continue to evolve, so must the law to keep pace.
科学和医学在发展 法律也会紧随其后
I'm blazing the trail as a patient today so I can continue to set
今天我以病人身份做开路先锋
the standard as a lawyer tomorrow.
明天我将继续为律师业制定标准
That's what this is about. Okay.
这就是我的理由 好的
Mr. Bombay, the band and some of the patrons
Bombay先生 乐队和其他客人
have requested that you grace us with a song tonight.
都想倾听您的歌♥声
Yes, tell them to vamp. She's making eyes.
好的 告诉他们伴奏
I'll be right up, Walter. Excellent. Thank you, sir.
我马上就来 很好 谢谢 先生
I happen to believe in reincarnation, and I also believe things even out.
我偶然间开始相信轮回 我也相信那些已经过时的事
Given the hand I was dealt this time,
假如我的命运已注定
I could be in for some serious hardships in the next go-around,
下个回合中我将困难重重
and I don't want that in my next life.
我不想这样的情况在下次生命里重复上演
I want to be me all over again, Milton Bombay.
我想重回原来的我 Milton Bombay
Got it.
我明白了
Ladies and gentlemen, a treat.
女士们先生们
A special guest performance from that legendary barrister Milton Bombay
欢迎特别来宾 传奇律师Milton Bombay 做精彩表演
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表