剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Any plans to criminalize chickens
有计划要定鸡的罪么
People don't die from chickens or What about mercury in fish
人们不会因为鸡而死 或 那鱼里含的汞呢
It's a concern.
这也是关心的问题
But, again, I made a judgment as mayor,
可我再次声明 作为市长兼镇理事会成员
and the selectmen concurred that the dangers of beef
来判断牛肉的危险
Have you any personal political ambitions
你有政♥治♥野心么
beyond that of being mayor of Summersport
除了成为Summersport的市长
I'm not trying to get headlines, if that's what you're saying.
我并不想成为头条新闻 如果那就是你要说的
I didn't say that, but funny you did.
我可没那么说 有意思的是 你自己说了
Have you got anything
你有什么要补充么
You would agree, Mr. Mayor, that by and large,
你是否基本上同意 市长先生
vegetarians are communists.
素食主义者就是共♥产♥主义者
I certainly would not.
当然不同意
We're at war, Mr. Bostwick.
我们在战争时期 Bostwick先生
Think we can win that war if we suddenly say to our soldiers,
假如可以赢得战争 如果突然对我们的士兵说
no more meat
不能吃肉了
Think a nation of fish-eaters can protect the world, you wimp
你认为举国上下都是只吃鱼的人 能保护世界么 你这个懦夫
Objection. Withdrawn. Nothing further.
反对 我收回 没有问题了
What the hell are you doing
你到底在干什么
Don't bother with the merits, Shirley.
别为我的优点费心 Shirley
This case, it's all about the judge.
这个案子的关键是这个法官
You asked to see us.
你要求见我们
Sit.
请坐
Not to worry. This is standard.
别担心 这是标准程序
He purposely doesn't look up.
他故意不抬头看我们
It's a technique taught in the '40s for establishing dominion.
这是40多岁的人建立主♥权♥的伎俩
You were involved in a bar altercation last night
昨晚你卷入了一起酒吧争论
Altercation I think not.
争论 我想不是吧
It was a brawl.
是打架
And you were arrested I was.
你被逮捕了 是的
Trial starts tomorrow, actually.
实际上 庭审明天进行
Can I count on you as a character witness
我可以指望你做我的品格证人么
Who's defending you
谁为你辨护
I'm representing myself, with Tara's assistance.
我为自己辩护 Tara协助我
There's no opportunity to plead this out
没有机会避免庭审么
Only if I plead guilty, which is, of course, unacceptable.
只可能是我请求认罪 当然这是不能接受的
I have to worry about a three strikes law,
我必须担心那个三年的殴打法律
since I plan to commit future crimes.
因为我打算继续犯罪
I don't know what kind of career death wish you have, Mr. Shore,
我不知你想怎样终结你的职业生涯 Shore先生
but if you're convicted, if you get time,
可如果你被判有罪
your employment will be terminated.
你的雇佣合同就被终止了
That may be of little consequence to you
那可能影响你的
If I had a nickel for every time you've threatened to fire me, Paul,
如果每次你威胁要解雇我 我都存五分钱
I could simply retire.
我现在已经攒够钱可以退休了
Alan, cut it out.
Alan 别说了
It is not my habit to lecture,
我并不习惯说教
but what you did last night was selfish.
可你昨晚的行为是很自私的
We have a reputation here at Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
我们Crane, Poole & Schmidt事务所 在本地是有名望的
The attorneys here take great pride in that reputation.
我们的律师都因此而自豪
It undermines everyone at Crane, Poole & Schmidt
我们的律师被刑事起诉
when a lawyer here is criminally prosecuted.
Crane Poole & Schmidt的 名声会受到伤害
Your actions hurt people.
你的行为伤害了大家
All of us must now tender explanations
我们都得向我们的朋友 同行
to our friends, our colleagues,
小心解释这事
to safeguard and repair the reputation of Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
去维护和修复Crane Poole & Schmidt的声誉
Stop it
停下
I've had it.
我受够你了
Do you hear me
听见了么
I have had it.
我受够你了
Get out, both of you.
滚出去 你们两个人
Personally, I would never eat meat.
个人来言 我从不吃肉
Why, doctor
为什么 医生
We don't have the means to keep track of what cattle are being fed,
我们没有办法跟踪牛吃的食物
nor are we adequately testing them, in my opinion.
也不能做到足够的检测
Your honor, I object to paranoia being offered as evidence.
法官大人 我反对用极端的个例作为证据
I'm sorry, but it's absolutely reckless
抱歉 但这绝对是不顾后果的
for a government to be telling us we're safe
政♥府♥一直告诉我们是安全的
when the scientific community can't necessarily detect all the ways
在科学界不能自始至终的检测的情况下
this disease can be contracted or transmitted.
这些疾病可能感染了或传播了
But let's look at statistics.
可是让我们看看统计数据吧
Nobody in this country seems to be getting sick from mad cows.
这国家里好象没有人因为疯牛而得病
Judge, we just can't know that.
法官大人 这是无法肯定的
The disease may have an incubation period of up to 40 years.
这病可能潜伏长达40年
You may be infected right now.
你现在很可能已经被感染了
My point is,
我的观点是
nobody now seems to be demonstrating symptoms.
现在好象还没人出现病症
We don't know that for sure, either.
我们也不能肯定这个说法
The human strain of the mad cow disease
人类感染疯牛病
is called Creutzfeldt-Jakob.
叫做古兹菲德-雅各氏病
We call it CJD.
简称CJD
But you can also get CJD sporadically, with no link to infected meat.
可是你可能很偶然患上CJD 与肉类毫无关系
And some of the people we've diagnosed with Alzheimer's
还有一些人 我们诊断为老年痴呆症
might, in fact, have CJD.
实际上 可能是患了CJD
We don't know how many cases there really are.
我们不知道真实存在有多少病例
You cannot tell me the government has all this figured out.
你不能说政♥府♥已发现了所有的
And the government just covers this up
你是说政♥府♥完全掩盖了这一切么
Well, it's probably not so much a cover-up.
可能无法掩盖那么多
It's just we're not terribly motivated to discover the problem.
只是我们不是急切要揭露问题
The economic consequences would be too severe.
因为经济影响会很严重
Economic consequences,
经济影响
the beef industry would risk an outbreak of mad cow disease.
牛肉产业要冒着疯牛病爆发的风险
That wouldn't bankrupt them overnight
那不会让他们一夜之间破产
The beef industry can't always tell when a cow is sick,
牛肉产业不会总告诉你 何时有牛病了
and they're desperate to believe that isolated cases are isolated cases.
他们更愿意相信 个别的案例是孤立存在的
And the department of agriculture just plays along
那农业部就是帮凶了
The month after that sick cow was found in Washington state,
发现华盛顿州的病牛之后的一个月
mad cow testing dropped almost 50%.
疯牛病的检测通过率立刻下降了50%
That's outrageous. It eventually went up.
这太无♥耻♥了 还会上升的
Look, they tried to track the herd where that Washington cow came from
瞧啊 他们尝试追踪华盛顿州 那只牛所在的牛群
they couldn't find 53 of the 80 cows.
却不知道80头牛中的53头去了哪
They've since admitted their cattle trackback system isn't up and running,
他们这才承认牲畜跟踪系统出了问题
and it would have to be done on a voluntary basis.
这本应该在自愿的基础上完成
Voluntary
自愿的
please, what meat-packing plant wants the distinction of having a mad cow
别逗了 哪个肉制品工厂愿意被发现有疯牛呢
Which is why I order the fish.
那就是为什么我只吃鱼
Denny Denny. / Hmm.
嗯
I'm getting my ass kicked here. I can see that.
我无还手之力了 我看到了
Any suggestions
有什么建议么
How old are you, sir 46.
你多大了 先生 46岁
I'm 72, and I can mop the floor with you. You know why
我已经72岁了 我可以和你一起擦地板 知道为什么吗
I eat meat.
我吃肉
Makes me strong, builds up my immune system,
吃肉使我强壮 构造我的免疫系统
fights off a whole bunch of other diseases I might have had
让我打败其他 一大堆的我可能患的疾病
if I weren't so strong.
这都因为我如此健壮
Red meat saves lives, baby.
红肉能救命 宝贝
You ever think about that I'm sorry,
你从没那么想过么 很抱歉
but there's no real evidence to support that opinion.
可没有任何证据支持你的观点
Oh, I'm sorry.
哦 很抱歉
Any hard evidence to support yours
有任何确实的证据支持你的观点么
Hard evidence, no.
确实的证据 没有
But I don't think we really want to wait for that evidence to come rushing in.
可我不认为我们真要等到证据涌现的时候
I had him there,
我让他在那
right till the end.
直到结束
He basically offered us $100 to fight.
他基本是给我100美元去打架
You took the money.
你拿了钱
Yes. / And you fought.
是的 你打了么
Yes.
是的
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Interesting. We agree to stipulate to the facts,
很有趣 我们都同意根据事实
and the prosecution sees fit to distort them just the same.
而诉讼程序好象同样歪曲了事实
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表