剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
I ain't going nowhere.
我哪儿都去不了
He was moving at a pretty good clip when he left that jewelry store.
他当时行动自如的逃离了珠宝店
It was a one-time adrenaline rush.
这只是一时的肾上腺素在起作用
Your O.R. motion is denied, miss Colson.
自签担♥保♥申请驳回 miss Colson
Bail set at $50,000.
保释金5万美元
We'll take 15, folks.
休庭15分钟
In this way.
这边走
You got a minute
有空吗
Sure.
当然
I need a good lawyer.
我需要个好律师
You available
你能接吗
Flattered. What's up
受宠若惊 怎么回事
Well, Marcie and I split up.
我跟Marcie准备离婚
Yeah, I was so sorry to hear that.
很遗憾
I can recommend somebody, Richard, but I don't do matrimonial work.
我可以推荐一个 Richard 我不打婚姻官司
No, no, I already found somebody for that part.
不 不 已经有人负责那部分了
There's something else.
还有些别的事
Five years ago, when my son was born,
5年前 我们的儿子出生时
we saved his umbilical cord blood.
我们保留了他的脐带血
You mean in the delivery room
你的意思是在产房♥
Right. We got it stored in one of those cryo labs,
是的 我们把它保存在一个实验室里
just in case Zachary
以防万一Zachary将来需要
ever needs to use it to treat a cancer he develops,
治疗他可能得的癌症
god forbid.
但愿不会
Welcome to parenting in the new millennium.
欢迎来到新世纪的育儿世界
Anyway, the account, it was opened in Marcie's name.
当初帐户是以Marcie的名字开的
Which, at the time, I didn't think twice about.
当时我想都没想
But now the lab is saying that makes her the responsible party,
但现在实验室说只能对她负责
not the two of us jointly.
而不是我们两个
She's refusing to release the cord blood.
她拒绝拿出脐带血
She won't let it be used.
她拒绝使用
Your son is sick
你儿子病了
I'm sick.
我病了
Multiple myeloma.
多发性骨髓瘤
It was diagnosed six months ago.
6个月前确症的
Oh, Richard, I
天 Richard 我
Chemo hasn't worked so far,
化疗还没有什么效果
and they're saying that I need a bone marrow transplant.
他们说我需要做骨髓移植
But they can't find a suitable donor.
但是找不到合适的捐赠人
And your son's cord blood would work instead
而你儿子的脐带血可以代替
They think so.
他们这么认为
It's just sitting there in a freezer.
而它就这么被放在冰箱里
Just sitting.
就这么放着
Without it, they gave me six months.
没有它 我只剩6个月
Maybe.
可能
You think I got a lawsuit
你觉得我该起诉吗
Let's meet with her first,
让我们先见见她
hope we don't have to file.
希望不需要起诉
Good. Okay.
好的
Thanks.
谢谢
And then what happened, Mr. Shrum
那时发生了什么事 Mr. Shrum
Well, when I couldn't get the pop tart out of the toaster,
我没法从烤面包机里拿出pop tart
I unplugged it.
于是我拔掉插头
And then I jammed a fork down the slot,
然后我往槽里塞进一把叉子
and I guess I must've jiggered it around pretty good, because the
当时位置一定插得很好 因为
Can you give us a moment, please
请稍等片刻
Mark, what did I tell you about volunteering extraneous information
Mark 我是怎么说的 关于额外信息的提供
Not to.Right.
只字不提 对
This is a deposition.
对方在取证
You answer the questions truthfully,
所以你的回答应该真实
but never volunteer anything,
但别毫无保留
so don't add stuff like jiggering forks around pretty good.
所以别再多说 把叉子位置插得很好之类的话
Just answer every question with as few words as possible.
用最少的词回答每个问题
Got it.
我懂了
Sorry.
对不起
All right, Mr. Shrum,
好的 Mr. Shrum
when you repeatedly manipulated the fork around in the toaster slot
当你不停用叉子插 面包机槽的时候
and then received an electrical shock and second-degree burns,
你遭到了一阵电击 并被2级烧伤
whose fault would you say that was
你觉得是谁的错
Mine
我
Uh, I can't answer any shorter. That was one word.
我没法回答得更短了 已经是一个字了
Denny
Denny
We really do need to talk.
我们需要好好谈谈了
The partners are concerned.
合伙人都很担心
About what Well, your billables,
关于什么 你的能力
do you realize that so far this year you have only billed 1400 hours,
你意识到没有 今年你的收费时间 至今只有1400小时
which is 200 hours less than you had billed up to this point in calendar '03,
比你03年同期整整少了200小时
which was, as you know, a year that saw a marked decline.
如果按整年推算 那将是一个明显的下滑
Breakfast
早饭
I already ate.
我已经吃过了
In short, Denny, you are coming in light by about $700,000 a year,
简单地说 Denny 你的薪水每年至少70万美元
which means that, since calendar '99 alone,
也就是说单从99年算起
you have cost us $3.5 million.
你已经花了我们350万美元
You ever forget things
你会忘记一些事情吗
Things like what
什么样的事
I don't know, people's names, where you put the car keys,
比如 某人的名字 车钥匙在哪
whether or not you showered,
是不是洗过澡了
what a case you're arguing is all about.
自己正争论的东西是关于什么
Not really.
没有
Well, you should get it looked at, just the same.
那你也要注意一下
You could have what is called mild cognitive impairment.
你可能会有轻微认知损害
It's a precursor to Alzheimer's.
老年痴呆的前兆
Denny, you are theoretically our foremost rainmaker,
Denny 理论上你是我们 最棒的招雨巫师
but you haven't brought in a new seven-figure client in two years.
但你已经2年没带回7位数的顾客了
You haven't filed a class action in five years.
5年没有共同起诉的案子了
Care to guess how much Lisby, Derucie & Floren
猜一下Lisby Derucie 以及Floren
billed as lead counsel in the tobacco class action
在烟草案的共同起诉里赚了多少
$127 million.
1亿2千7百万
It's raining cashout there, Denny.
这才是真正的现金雨 Denny
We're not getting wet.
但这点雨水根本不够
You could do crossword puzzles.
你可以玩字谜游戏
Excuse me
什么
It's a great brain stimulator. So is learning new skills.
这对大脑有强烈刺♥激♥ 学习新技能也一样
You know what else helps
你知道还有什么方法吗
Speaking from time to time in a foreign language.
时不时讲点外语
What are you
你在
doing
干吗
Researching a case citation.
研究一个案例的引用
Have you ever used a computer before
你以前用过电脑吗
An entirely new experience.
全新体验
Bottom line, your honor,
我们的底线 法官阁下
if Mr. Fleming feels aggrieved by the way he's portrayed
如果Mr. Fleming对我委托人的竞选策略
in my client's campaign commercials,
如他所描述的那样不满
then let him counter it with commercials of his own.
他可以进行同样的反击
As justice Brandeis said,
就如Brandeis法官说过的
the best antidote to false speech is more speech.
对付谣言最好的办法 就是更多的言论
It's not surprising Brandeis would say that.
Brandeis会说这些不奇怪
He was a well-known drunk and pedophile.
他是众所周知的醉鬼和恋童癖
No, he wasn't.
不 他不是
That's right. He wasn't.
你说得对 他不是
I made it up.
我编的
Does anyone have a problem with me making provably false accusations
有没有会人介意 我这样蓄意诬蔑
about honorable people, just so my side can win
可敬之人并以此来谋求胜利
Because that's certainly their strategy.
这显然就是他们的战术
He's amazing.
他太棒了
Yes, we're quite fond of him.
是的 我们都很爱他
Mr. Shore is asking that you impose prior restraint on speech
Mr. Shore要求您使用言论限制条款
and not just any speech, but the robust dialogue of a political contest.
针对的还不是普通言论 而是一场政♥治♥竞赛中的有力对话
We don't do that in this country.
这个国家不会这么做的
If they took a song from the Beatles catalogue
如果你拿了一首甲壳虫乐队的歌♥
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表