剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Thank you, thank you. Good to be here, folks.
谢谢 谢谢 很高兴在这里
Here's one of my favorites. I hope it's one of yours, too.
这是我最爱的 希望你们也能喜欢
Ma, she's making eyes at me
她在含情脉脉的注视我
Ma, she's awful nice to me
她对我是如此的美妙
Ma, she's almost breaking my heart
她几乎伤了我的心
I'm beside her
我在她身旁
Mercy, let her conscience guide her
让她的良心指引她
Ma, she wants to marry me
她想要嫁给我
be my honeybee
做我的宝贝
every minute she gets bolder
她越来越大胆
now she's leaning on my shoulder
她现在靠在我的肩膀上
Ma, she's kissing me
她在亲吻我
What do you mean you're closing
你做结案陈词是什么意思
Milton What happened to Shirley Milton,
Shirley出了什么事
there's a reason you came to me in the first place.
一开始你来找我是有原因的
In your gut, you know I'm better than you.
在你心里 你知道我比你更优秀
Go with your gut. I'd sooner go with my intestine.
跟着你的感觉走 我要和我的内脏约会
I'd prefer Shirley doing the closing. I'm not doing it,
我要Shirley结案 我不会这么做
and neither are you. Well, who does that leave,
你也不能 谁去结案
Tammy Tara.
Tammy Tara
As I said from the start, the law doesn't support us here.
我一开始就说过法律不会支持我们
If we're going to get a court order allowing you to die,
如果今天的结果
which would be the result in today's world,
是我们让法庭允许你安乐死
that judge is going to have to hear from you.
法官要听听你的说法
He did hear from me. I don't think so.
他已经听过了 我不认为
If this is only about you getting to perpetuate your legacy in the next century,
如果你只是想把你的遗产保留到下世纪
I'm afraid you're gonna have to make do with sustaining it in this one.
恐怕你只能凑合着保存在这个世纪里了
You need to do better.
你需要做得更好
And, Milton, for my money,
Milton 在我看来
any guy who is asking to get stuck in a freezer isn't that desperate to live.
想要被冷冻并不是想要活下去的表现
Every major media watchdog group has labeled this news program
每个主流媒体都认为这个新闻节目
as the most biased, right-wing news program on television.
是最偏狭 右翼的节目
So what Political bias is rampant throughout the news business,
那又怎样 政♥治♥偏向在新闻行业里屡见不鲜
including liberal bias.
包括对自♥由♥的偏向
We're not talking about just a slant, judge.
我们不仅是在讨论偏向 法官
A recent poll showed that the more people watched this news show,
最近的民♥意♥调查显示新闻节目看得越多
the less they know about foreign policy
人们对国外的政策了解得就越少
and the more inclined they are to support the government.
人们也就更倾向于支持政♥府♥
Now, that may be good team spirit, but it's disgraceful journalism.
这可能是很好的团结精神 但对新闻界来说却不光彩
But, come on, you talk about a democracy.
你刚刚提到了民♥主♥
What kind of principal censors free expression
什么样的校长有权阻止言论自♥由♥呢
Um, your honor, if I may
法官大人 我可以说几句吗
Any principal has the right, if not the obligation,
任何校长都有权力或是义务
to rail against bias wherever he sees it.
阻隔他所见到的偏向
You saw that tape. Which was also biased and self-serving.
你看过录像 也很有偏向并很自私
Their most popular commentator threatens retribution against those who dissent.
最受欢迎的评论员竟威胁持异议的人
It almost rises to the level of hate speech,
几乎演变成了分♥裂♥性的发言
and if, in my view, it jeopardizes the welfare of the students,
我认为如果会对学生造成恶劣的影响
I certainly have the authority to shut it down.
我完全有权关闭它
Mr. Shore, this is a school.
Shore先生 这是学校
Is it wise to expose students to programs which send the message
这样的节目宣扬 如果你质问政♥府♥那你就是反美人士
you're anti-American if you question the government
你觉得让学生看这样的节目合适吗
Your honor, before we convict them as the network of conservative values
法官大人 这样的广播公♥司♥具有保守派 或其他的价值观
or any values, for that matter,
而孩子们却成了广播公♥司♥的牺牲品
Let's remember these are the folks who brought you
我们应当记住这样的人
Joe, Billy, and Aaron, who's your papa
他们带给我们Joe,Billy,and Aaron谁是你们的 父亲
That's the entertainment division, Mr. Shore. I'm talking about the news.
那是娱乐节目Shore先生 我说的是新闻
And I'm telling you it's all the same. This isn't about political content.
我认为它们都一样 与政♥治♥内容无关
This is a corporation looking to make money.
这是一个需要赢利的公♥司♥
They began as alternative news programming to grab a market share
一开始新闻节目的内容像墙头草 他们需要占领市场份额
they saw ratings and profit in a conservative demographic,
他们在保守派支持者里看到了商机
and they've been waving the flag ever since, and so what
因此他们向保守派倾斜 那又怎样呢
News today, all of it, is infotainment.
今天所有的新闻都是信息娱乐化
Last February, a deadly toxin known as ricin was found in the mailroom
去年二月一种叫做蓖麻毒的致命毒素
of the senate majority leader.
在参议院多数党领袖的收发室被发现
Headline news led with Janet Jackson's exposed breast.
报纸的头条新闻竟是明星珍妮 杰克逊的走光照片
A month ago, while we're in the middle of a war,
一个月前我们还处在战争之中时
newscasts all across the country led with prince Harry's costume at a keg party.
全国的新闻节目却大肆报导 啤酒狂欢派对上哈里王子的装束
It's a business.
这就是商业
And while some news groups go with the deeper social issues
有些媒体对社会事件做深度报道
like Brad and Jennifer's breakup,
比如彼得布莱特和珍妮佛的离婚
the one here chooses to run with red, white, and blue.
还有一个媒体报导美国的政界新闻
And, by the way, before you vilify them,
哦 对了 在你歪曲他们之前
a survey done in 2002 revealed that 70% of the people in this country
一份2002年的调查表明 当新闻机构持强硬的亲♥美♥态度时
believe it is good when news organizations take a strong, pro-American point of view.
全国70%的人对此持赞成意见
70% 70%. Does that make it right
这样做是对的吗
Of course it makes it right.
当然是对的
Because the rule in infotainment is give the people what they want.
因为信息娱乐化的原则就是 给人们想要的
This is money, your honor, not politics.
这是金钱 法官大人 不是政♥治♥
Let me say, I am a great lover of the news.
其实我也是个新闻爱好者
I can see that. I watch it all.
看得出来 我一直都看新闻
On days like 9/11 or for other world-changing events,
当911或其他世界大事发生的时候
the news programs are nothing short of spectacular.
新闻节目精彩不已
When Martin Luther King delivered I have a dream.
当马丁路德金发表我有一个梦想时
When president Kennedy was shot.
当肯尼迪总统被害时
When we walked on the moon.
当人类登上月球时
The tet offensive.
越战中的新年攻势
Our lives are shaped by these events, in part because of the news.
我们的生活受这些大事件的影响 一部分来自于新闻
But on all other days, they're businesses
但是在其他的日子里 它们只是商业行为
looking to compete, like anybody else, in a highly competitive marketplace.
像人与人之间一样在激烈的市场里相互竞争
They sell product.
它们贩卖♥♥商品
And even if you're determined to believe
即使你坚信
that this particular network is some evil empire looking to spread right-wing propaganda,
某个居心不良的公♥司♥在宣传右翼思想
that still doesn't change the fact that we are in this room today
但仍然无法改变事实: 今天我们身在这样的社会中
because a principal is shutting down the expression of ideas,
而有个校长却禁止我们畅所欲言
simply because he disagrees with the content.
仅仅因为他不同意我们的观点
If anything needs a champion today,
如果任何事都需要一个支持后盾的话
it's the first amendment.
那就是第一修正案
In a recent poll,
最近的一个民♥意♥调查里
half of today's high school students
一半的中学生
thought newspapers should get government approval of stories before publishing them.
认为在出版报纸之前政♥府♥应审查 报纸内容
The first amendment has become an endangered species,
第一修正案已经形同虚设了
and here, we have a high school principal practicing censorship.
现在校长也在检查节目内容
My, my.
天啊
We do have a problem.
我们确实存在问题
There is nothing in the law to support Mr. Bombay's request
Bombay先生请求协助死亡并冷冻的请求
that he be assisted in his quest to die.
法律中没有可支持的条款
And that's what this is, assisted suicide.
那意味着协助自杀
Now, we hear a lot of talk about personal autonomy.
现在我们听到很多关于个人自主的谈论
But there is a sanctity to life, your honor.
但生命是神圣的 法官大人
A state has interest in that sanctity.
国家对生命的神圣担负责任
If we erode that in any way,
如果我们践踏生命
well, we make the idea of suicide more acceptable,
如果我们默许了自杀行为
perhaps more conceivable for the troubled teenager or the depressed mother.
或许会有更多困境中的年轻人 或绝望的母亲自杀
You say suicide in some situations is an option.
你说在某些情况下自杀是一种可行的选择
But we have an overriding state interest
但是我们还拥有高于个人的国家利益
and a humane one in not sending that message.
我们还有人道关怀
You
你
That was beautiful. Now sit.
这样很好 坐下
At the risk of sounding immodest,
可能有人说我很自负
I am one of the greatest lawyers, possibly the greatest to grace
但我认为我是最伟大的律师之一
the courtrooms of this commonwealth,
我为这个国家的法庭增添了光彩
and just the possibility of being able to still try cases in the 22nd century
或许还能继续把官司打到22世纪
I have A.L.S.
我患有肌萎缩侧索硬化症
In a few months,
今后的几个月里
I'll lose motor control,
我的肌肉将萎缩
control of my bowels.
内脏也将衰竭
My brain will begin to
我的大脑将开始
and in a year or so, I'll be dead.
一年多之内我就将告别人世
Legends shouldn't die like that.
传奇人物不能就这样死去
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表