剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
give us a black superman who can leap tall buildings
给我们一个跨越高楼的黑皮肤超人吧
all the big icons.
句句掷地有声
Now I have another case,
现在我手上又有个案子
featuring a gay man who's being discriminating against.
关于一个男同性恋 遭受了不公平待遇
And this one involves the biggest icon of them all, Santa claus.
还涉及了一个最大的偶像 圣诞老人
My problem is the judge.
现在问题就在于法官
His tiny brain has been calcified by intolerance.
他那小小的脑子已经 被偏狭的观念所僵化
However, he's certainly a slave to public opinion, as judges tend to be.
当然他是在随大流 法官都会这样
But I can't really move the public.
可是我改变不了公众的想法
You can.
但你却可以
Do you understand what I'm asking
你知道我想请求什么吗
You want me to be your rabbit.
你想让我变成你的兔子
I want you to be reverend Al Sharpton in all his massive glory.
我想请您以无比的光芒 笼罩着Al Sharpton
I want you to charge in there,
我想请您在那振臂高呼
say Give us a gay Santa claus,
给我们一个同性恋的圣诞老人
and button it with three god almighties.Stop.
最后以三声全能的主啊来结束 停
I don't do things big. I'm subtle.
我不做影响太大的事情 我很低调的
Yes. Three god almighties.
当然 三声全能的主啊
Look, I've written it all out for you.
看 我已经都替您写好了
Give that a look-see.
请您过目
I've seen you move mountains, reverend.
我见识过您的威力 牧师
I need you to move this one tiny-brain judge.
我真的需要您来改变 那个顽固法官的观念
Please.
拜托了
Pretty please.
真的拜托了
Denny Crane.
Denny Crane
You got Sharpton I don't know.
你请来了Sharpton 我不知道
He said he'd think about it.
他说他会考虑
Does he just do this kind of thing now, for lawyers
他是不是开始专门替律师干这事了
He does it for Denny. Let's hope he does it for me.
他是看Denny的面子 我们还是祈祷他会同意吧
All set
准备好了
You don't want me to miss the ruling, do you
你不希望我错过宣判 对吧
Got the costume.
连服装都准备好了
My god,
我的上帝
to impersonate a doctor.
竟然假扮成一个医生
I thought a human life was at stake, and I didn't know
我认为一条生命危在旦夕 而且我也不知道
It doesn't matter, Lori.
这不是关键 Lori
You're suddenly gonna start playing Solomon
你突然间变成了所罗门
and break rules, sacred rules,
还开始违法规定 神圣不可侵犯的规定
whenever you see fit
只要你觉得应该
I could be disbarred for this.
我都可能会被剥夺律师资格
You Why
你 为什么
For not turning you in.
因为没有揭发你
I'm sorry, Paul, I just
我很抱歉 Paul 我只是
I'm sorry.
对不起
I think it's this Alan Shore character.
我认为这是Alan Shore的作风
Ever since he got here.This has nothing to do with Alan Shore.
自从他来这里以后 这件事与Alan Shore毫无关系
I'm not influenced by him.
我不会受他的影响
You used to be influenced by me.
你曾经就受过我的影响
Tell me what you want me to do.
告诉我你要我怎么做
I'll resign if
我可以辞职 如果
just tell me what you want.
告诉我你要怎样
First, I want you to apologize to Mr. Stevens.
首先 我要你向Mr.Stevens道歉
I did that. Well, you need to do it again,
我做过了 那你就再做一次
and hope to god he doesn't sue us.
而且希望看在上帝的份上 他不会起诉我们
How long have you known this man, Paul
你认识这个人多久了 Paul
Years, only through work.
几年 只是工作上的联♥系♥
But he doesn't strike me as being capable of violence,
但他从没让我感觉有暴♥力♥倾向
if that's what you're asking.
如果这就是你想问的
I'll get him back in here.
我会把他请到这里来
And on the chance that he could be violent,
以防万一他准备使用暴♥力♥
when you apologize,
当你道歉的时候
I will be in the room.
我会在场
And for the sake of humoring me,
还有看在我的面子上
let's stay completely away from Alan Shore.
我们不要让Alan Shore参与进来
What's all the media doing here
这些媒体来干嘛
I have no idea.
我不知道
All rise.
全体起立
Uh-oh Uh-oh.What
怎么
We're 10 minutes early.
早了10分钟
Please be seated.
请就座
Mr. Phillips, have you got anything to say before I listen to him
Mr.Phillips 在他开始前 你还有什么要说的
Mr. Furnald was fired
Mr.Furnald被解雇
mainly because my clients feared he'd share his secret proclivity with a child,
主要因为我委托人担心 他与孩子分享自己的癖好
which, by his own testimony,
而且 根据他自己的证词
is exactly what he did.
他也确实这么做了
I object to that summation. It was entirely too short.
我反对这样的结案陈词 实在太短了
What I'm only worried for you, your honor.
什么 这是为您考虑 法官阁下
If you're inclined to rule against us,
如果您准备宣判我们败诉
he's got to at least give you a good argument to hang your hat on.
他起码该替你提供个好说词 让你有话可说
So, it looks good to all this media.
媒体看来才会合情合理
Did you notice the media here
注意到媒体在场了吗
Are you on drugs
你嗑药了
You've got 30 seconds.
给你30秒
That's what I was afraid of.
我怕的就是这个
Your honor, the child in question,
法官阁下 关于那个孩子
who my client shared his secret with, that child was in pain.
我委托人与之分享秘密的那个 那孩子活在痛苦之中
Being a good Santa claus,
作为一个圣诞老人
Gil Furnald sought to relieve that pain.
Gil Furnald觉得有责任 解除这种痛苦
By telling him he was a homosexual
就通过告诉他 自己也是个同性恋吗
Those three little words again.
又提到这三个字了
He did not tell the boy he was gay.
他没有告诉男孩他是个同性恋
He only said that he also liked to dress in female attire.
他只是说自己 也喜欢穿女人的衣服
Why does he keep looking back here
为什么他总是往后看
I have no idea.
我不知道
He encouraged the boy not to feel that he was sick.
他还鼓励那孩子 不要认为自己有病
He urged him not to feel alone.
告诉他不要觉得孤单
It was a one-time occurrence
这是仅有的机会
strictly intended to speak to the heart of this one child.
可以深入到这个孩子的内心世界
There is no evidence that this man has committed any wrongdoing,
没有证据能表明 这个男人做错了什么
nor is there any compelling evidence
也没有任何确凿的证据
that cross-dressers are inherently lascivious,
能证明异装癖者就天生淫♥荡♥
and the defendant knows that.
辩方也很清楚这一点
Cross-dressing is but a pretext
异装癖只是个被辩方
that the defendant has hung its hat on
紧咬不放的一个借口
to disguise the fact that Gil Furnald was terminated because he is gay.
来掩饰Gil Furnald因为同性恋 被解雇的的事情
Last time I checked, it was not a firing offense for
我查过以往的记录 从来没有一个解雇纠纷
a civilian to be either ho, mo, or sexual.
是因为同 性或恋的
All right, already, I've heard enough.
好了 可以了 我已经听够了
I'm going to rule on this. You can't rule yet.
我要宣判了 你还不能宣判
Why not
为什么不能
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, what if, say, some big celebrity were to come charging through the door
呃 要是说 有位大名人会走进来呢
Sorry I'm late, judge, I'll make this quick.
抱歉我来晚了 法官 我会说得很快
and subtle.
而且精妙绝伦
Who the hell are you
你又是谁
The image of Santa claus has been crafted
圣诞老人的形象已经树立了
for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years.
几百个年头
We're supposed to be in a different day.
我们已经在一个不同的时代了
Give the world a black Santa claus.
给世界一个黑人圣诞老人
Let the people have an African American
让一个非裔美国人
come down the chimney bearing joy and good will.
从烟囱里下来 带给人们欢乐和祝愿
Gay, not black.
同性恋 不是黑人
The prejudice against gay people must stop.
对同性恋的偏见应该马上停止
We all say we're for gay rights,
我们都说自己维护同性恋的权力
we all say we accept homosexuality.
我们都说我们接受同性恋
But give a gay man a hug,
那么就给同性恋者一个拥抱
sit in his lap Who is this man
坐到他的膝盖上去 这个人是谁
Let the bells of tolerance ring out this Christmas.
让宽容之钟在这个圣诞节中敲响
Let people open their minds as they open their presents underneath the tree.
让人们放开自己的胸怀 就像在圣诞树下打开礼物
We need your mind, judge, today.
我们需要你的胸怀 法官 就在今天
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表