剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Why, Walter
为什么 Walter
are you being sued
你会被起诉
You promised you'd answer.
你答应过会回答
The school board voted to include
地区教育董事会投票决定
Creationism along with Darwinism in the 8th grade science curriculum.
在八年级的科学课上同时教授 神创论和达尔文进化论
The teachers refused, I terminated their employment.
老师们拒绝 我解雇了他们
They sued. Massachusetts is a blue state.
他们起诉我 马萨诸塞州是蓝州
God has no place here.
这里没上帝的位置
I'm not sure you're really the lawyer for this particular
我不确定你是否适合这件特殊的
We have many attorneys well-equipped to handle
我们有许多训练有素的律师 可以处理这个案子
Nonsense. I've been practicing law for 45 years.
荒唐 我从事法律事业45年
Never lost a single case.
没有输过一起案件
You've never lost
你从没输过
My record is 6,043 to 0.
我的记录 6043比0
You hear the one about the fella who died and went to the Pearly gates
你有没有听过一个家伙死掉后 来到天国之门的故事
St. Peter let him in,
圣皮特让他进来
sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument,
看到一个西装革履的人在做结案陈词
says who's that
便问 那是谁
St. Peter says, oh, that's god.
圣皮特说 哦 那是上帝
Thinks he's Denny Crane.
把他当成Denny Crane就行
I'm your boy, Walter.
我是你的好伙计 Walter
Never lost.
从没输过
Never will.
绝对不会
Did she give you a reason Just that my work didn't cut it.
她有给你理由吗 就因为我不能胜任
I mean, my reviews have all been good.
我的意思是 我的记录一直很好
Plus, it's not like they've given me very much to do.
并且 他们也没怎么让我做事
The Winchell case was really the first one they let me run with.
Winchell案是第一个真正让我办的案子
Well, you did forget to plead negligence.
你还忘记去辩疏忽大意
Sorry.
对不起
Let me talk to her, see if there's another story.
让我和她谈谈 看看是不是有其他原因
I mean, is this woman some sort of psycho witch or something
这个女人是心理有问题还是什么
Actually, no, she's extremely nice.
事实上 她人非常的好
We all know she was sent to shake the tree.
我们都知道她要整顿内务
This looks like it's already begun.
看起来已经开始了
I wonder who's next.
我在想谁是下一个
Lori.
Lori
Can I steal you for a second
我能借用你几分钟吗
Sure.
当然
Dibs on her office.
轮流进她办公室
I just heard about Sally. I think you're making a mistake.
我刚听说Sally的事 我认为你做了个错误的决定
I didn't ask. Which surprises me, actually.
我没有问你 事实上 令我吃惊的是
You and I are friends.
我们是朋友
I've worked with Sally and being loyal to her,
我和Sally一起共事过 忠于朋友
you'd possibly be neither objective nor candid.
你很可能既不客观也不公正
Even so
即使这样
In either event, I didn't ask.
无论怎样 我没有问你
We just got a new case. Big client.
我们刚接了一个新案子 大客户
Middlesex school district.
Middlesex教育区
Denny's in charge, which is fine, as long as he doesn't speak.
Denny负责 只要他不说话 一切都好
I need you to take over.
我需要你接管
How do I just take over
我怎么接管
He'll completely you handle him, Lori,
他完全 你可以搞定他 Lori
the way only you can.
用你独有的方式
What's the case It's a variation of the Scopes trial.
什么案子 就是Scopes案的变种
Three teachers were fired for refusing to teach Creationism.
三个老师因拒绝教授神创论而被解雇
They've sued.
他们告上法庭
Sounds like a slam dunk for them.
听起来稳操胜券 对他们来说
Perhaps.
也许
It would take some pretty ingenious lawyering on our part
我们将派出非常有独创性的大律师
from not only a gift attorney,
不仅是有天赋的律师
but someone who's an expert in the field.
还要是这方面的专家
Meaning
意思是
Lori, I know all the skeletons in your closet, remember
Lori 我了解你柜子里的每一格 记得吗
Including that deeply guarded little one
包括那些被你深深藏起
that you fear might ruin your intellectual reputation.
害怕会毁掉你知性形象的细微之处
You go to church.
你去教堂
Um, Schmidt, is this a good time
呃 Schmidt 时间合适吗
Yeah.
是的
Conferenceroom, noon
会议室 中午见
Okay.
好的.
Thank you.
谢谢
How can I help
我能帮什么忙
Well, this is very awkward.
这件事很尴尬
I'm not even sure you're the right person to come to but
我不知道找你合不合适 但是
you're a woman.
你是个女人
That's very kind.
非常好
I work for Alan Shore.
我为Alan Shore工作
And in many, many ways,
在很多很多方面
he's an excellent boss.
他是个非常出色的老板
God knows, he isn't boring.
上帝知道 他一点也不无聊
But I feel
但是我感觉到
that he's been inappropriate with me.
他对待我有些不恰当
How so
怎样
Well, he compliments my figure daily.
他每天都称赞我的身材
And he just kind of does it in a lascivious way.
还是那种好色的方式
He also ranks my sweaters.
他还给我的毛衣打分
He ranks your sweaters
他给你的毛衣打分
Yes.
是的
Which ones he thinks I look best in.
哪一件我穿着最好看
This is a 3.
这一件3分
He asked if he could take one home for the weekend.
他问我能不能周末带一件回家
He told me he has dreams about me.
还说他做过关于我的梦
What kind of dreams
什么样的梦
All kinds.
各种各样
Uh, once he dreamt that I was just a head.
呃 有次他梦见我只剩一个头
No body. Just a head and
没有身体 只有头
everywhere he went, he would carry me along,
不管他去哪里 他都带着我
wrapped in a muffler, to keep him company.
包在消声器里 给他做伴
And every so often, I would whisper terrible,
时不时的 我在他耳边说些
dirty things in his ear.
非常下流的事情
It feels a little like harassment. You think
这让我感觉像是骚扰 只是感觉
Would you like to work for another lawyer
你愿意换其他律师吗
Well, I'd just like him to stop.
我只想让他别再这样
I must admit that
我必须承认
sometimes, I've been guilty of playing along with his banter, but
有时候 我为自己迎合他的戏谑感到羞愧 但是
I'll take care of it.
我会处理
Thank you.
谢谢你
And, Nora,
Nora
thank you for coming forward with this.
谢谢你来跟我谈这件事
I know it was difficult.
我知道这很艰难
We have very little information,
我们的信息非常有限
other than the victim was in her 50s
只知道另一个受害者50多岁
and that she was bludgeoned to death.
因击打致死
It is the second death in a week that has rocked this idyllic little street.
本周之内第二起死亡事件 再次震动了这个田园般的街区
Just last Friday, the victim's next-door neighbor
上星期五 这名受害者的邻居
died as well from a head trauma.
也因头部外伤死亡
You may recall the son was briefly held and then released.
那家的儿子被短暂拘留然后被释放
What
干吗
indicated whether these two cases are connected.
这两起案件是否有联♥系♥
It's Bernie
是Bernie
Who
谁
My little skillet-wielding client from last week.
我上星期那个耍煎锅的小个子客户
He's whacked another one. He promised me he wouldn't.
他又砸了一个 他答应过我不干了
Does that mean you're
这是不是意味着你
finished
结束了
Alan
Alan
What have you done
你干什么了
There's an awful lot of excitement. I saw.
你很激动 我知道
Both live and on the news.
新闻还有直播
You've been flailing again with your frying pan, haven't you, Bernard
你又用煎锅打人了 是不是 Bernard
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表